• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Ida vs Foreman at THE ROCK!!

Started by whoknows, December 08, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who yall got?

Mt. Ida
74 (67.3%)
Foreman
36 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: December 12, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

whoknows

BlueNGold52

couch-coach06

I think the others have been on little rock locals

GatorBall

Quote from: whoknows on December 11, 2017, 08:34:47 pm
Man that last part hurt to say...

LOL, I'll repeat what I was told earlier today...Truth hurts!!

Ghostof64

Quote from: GatorBall on December 11, 2017, 09:39:41 pm
LOL, I'll repeat what I was told earlier today...Truth hurts!!
You repeat yourself a terrible terrible amount it seems. Especially with the excessive exclamation points. Your charging the field at Ida. Everyone is sorry you can not help play for this team what with all of the "We's", "Us" and anything you can add. It's fine to help your brother Coach but he does a ok job this year it seems.

whoknows

Quote from: Ghostof64 on December 12, 2017, 12:35:57 am
You repeat yourself a terrible terrible amount it seems. Especially with the excessive exclamation points. Your charging the field at Ida. Everyone is sorry you can not help play for this team what with all of the "We's", "Us" and anything you can add. It's fine to help your brother Coach but he does a ok job this year it seems.

English please...

Dapper Dan

GatorBall

Quote from: whoknows on December 12, 2017, 03:30:15 am
English please...

Oh, don't mind him! He's just trying to stir the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Einstein, like I said before but evidently it hasn't sunken in, I'm not the coaches brother. Jeez.

Just so you know, I say "us" and "we" because I have two son's that play on the team. Give a man a break....

tacklethis...

Quote from: GatorBall on December 12, 2017, 06:58:24 am
Oh, don't mind him! He's just trying to stir the pot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Einstein, like I said before but evidently it hasn't sunken in, I'm not the coaches brother. Jeez.

Just so you know, I say "us" and "we" because I have two son's that play on the team. Give a man a break....

Awful early for you...

stuck in between

I know the Foreman area generally gets their local channels out of Shreveport, but if you happen to get them out of the Little Rock area it can be picked up on channel 38. I have watched most all of the championship games so far, but like I said my local channels come from Little Rock.

COACH-Mike

N2DEEP

Eslim03

Mt. Ida is as good a program that has been around in sometime, something to really be proud of as a community. Foreman was wanting us to be able to play y'all and that is what happened. Great opportunity for both communities and more to come down the road this is turning into quite a rivalry. I think this game will be more like last years game decided at the end of the game.

Ghostof64

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 12, 2017, 06:58:33 pm
Mt. Ida is as good a program that has been around in sometime, something to really be proud of as a community. Foreman was wanting us to be able to play y'all and that is what happened. Great opportunity for both communities and more to come down the road this is turning into quite a rivalry. I think this game will be more like last years game decided at the end of the game.
[/quote I agree with this too.

Legacy Lion

Congrats to  the latest Lion to receive honors. I am sure this young man would be the first to thank his teammates for helping make this possible, as this Lion squad stays together as a team like none other I've ever seen. During this difficult time it is the caring and commitment to each other that will help see you through. I'm sure people you respect have counseled you to stay strong. It is true, and very important. More people than you know are proud and respect the example you have set this whole year, and even prior to that. They will be behind you Friday night!
   After this game, I will post on this thread my pick of the Lion players that would make my all-state team, and why there might be some cred. But, as someone else mentioned about carts and horses, first there is a game to play. Foreman, we know you will be ready. The Lions will be too.

gmac

Quote from: Legacy Lion on December 13, 2017, 08:29:55 am
Congrats to  the latest Lion to receive honors. I am sure this young man would be the first to thank his teammates for helping make this possible, as this Lion squad stays together as a team like none other I've ever seen. During this difficult time it is the caring and commitment to each other that will help see you through. I'm sure people you respect have counseled you to stay strong. It is true, and very important. More people than you know are proud and respect the example you have set this whole year, and even prior to that. They will be behind you Friday night!
   After this game, I will post on this thread my pick of the Lion players that would make my all-state team, and why there might be some cred. But, as someone else mentioned about carts and horses, first there is a game to play. Foreman, we know you will be ready. The Lions will be too.

+1

Dr. Defense

Is this game Friday or Saturday night? Sorry if it has been posted in here already I skimmed through and didn't see it

couch-coach06

Dr. Defense

jsw6f0

I saw where a Foreman fan said the score was going to be 60 to 14 only if coach King calls the Gators off. I'm hoping for a good game. I think 27 to 20 Mt Ida. Lagrange and Helms will have 55 carries between them.

GatorBall

December 13, 2017, 10:34:17 am #122 Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 10:38:06 am by GatorBall
Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 13, 2017, 10:23:31 am
I saw where a Foreman fan said the score was going to be 60 to 14 only if coach King calls the Gators off. I'm hoping for a good game. I think 27 to 20 Mt Ida. Lagrange and Helms will have 55 carries between them.

What fan from Foreman said the score was going to be 60-14 Foreman?

couch-coach06

Lol o Lord ..

jsw6f0

I won't put her name out here. Everybody is fired up about this game. She did say that we won't have our own officials this time but we will have the best in the state so at least there will not be any crying about that. Is Foreman going up Thursday Gatorball?

GatorBall

Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 13, 2017, 10:57:46 am
I won't put her name out here. Everybody is fired up about this game. She did say that we won't have our own officials this time but we will have the best in the state so at least there will not be any crying about that. Is Foreman going up Thursday Gatorball?

It's just a little funny that someone from Foreman said 60-14. Almost sounds like someone was just trying to poke at Mt Ida a little since everything that we hear is we shouldn't even be in this game, going to be a rout...LOL

Yes, there were complaints about the officiating at our earlier game this year (including myself) but I don't think there has been anyone to say that was the reason we lost the game. We made too many mistakes in that game to even be competitive and Mt Ida did what good teams do and made us pay for it.

To answer your other question I believe the kids are going up Friday. I think they tossed the idea around about going up Thursday but decided against it.

stuck in between

I saw where a Foreman fan said the score was going to be 60 to 14 only if coach King calls the Gators off. I'm hoping for a good game. I think 27 to 20 Mt Ida. Lagrange and Helms will have 55 carries between them

Stir that pot. I think we all have more respect for Mount Ida than to go around spewing predictions such as that.

jsw6f0

Does Foreman have everybody healthy?

M.I. D

The 60-14 was a Facebook post that now everyone has seen.

GatorBall

December 13, 2017, 11:29:20 am #129 Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:31:48 am by GatorBall
Quote from: M.I. D on December 13, 2017, 11:18:24 am
The 60-14 was a Facebook post that now everyone has seen.

Well I probably shouldn't say it since I don't know who said it but whoever they are they're obviously an IDIOT or not from Foreman at all!! You say everyone has seen it, so who on Facebook said it? I can't find it.

couch-coach06

It's on hootens ... Says she is from Houston idk who she is lol but this isn't her first time too get on there and talk smack this year .. obviously no one with a half a brain thinks that would be a final score ..go gators

GatorBall

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 13, 2017, 11:38:40 am
It's on hootens ... Says she is from Houston idk who she is lol but this isn't her first time too get on there and talk smack this year .. obviously no one with a half a brain thinks that would be a final score ..go gators

There's always some IDIOT that goes out there and says something stupid!!

couch-coach06

BlueNGold52

I was glad to see it! Lol not that Mount Ida needs anything to fire them up but it helps to know that some people think Foreman will beat them down, but its always good to have that in the back of your mind. Foreman is the underdog in this game but very well could upset the Lions because they have the talent to do so. I think most of Mount Ida's and Foreman's fans expect a hard fought close game. IMO Mount Ida should win this game but it will be a great one!! Just a few mistakes could make a world of difference in this one.

jsw6f0

Foreman should go up Thursday and give the boys the experience. Never know  when and if you will ever make it back. It's great for the fans also.

couch-coach06

They went up today too practice and stuff .. it's always best too sleep in your own bed

GatorBall

December 13, 2017, 01:31:50 pm #136 Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:08:32 pm by GatorBall
Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 13, 2017, 12:57:08 pm
Foreman should go up Thursday and give the boys the experience. Never know  when and if you will ever make it back. It's great for the fans also.

Yeah, I think the kids would love that too and I initially thought that would be pretty cool for the kids to do but I've heard stories of some teams going up there the night before and kids staying up all night long talking and horse playing all night and not getting the rest they need to be ready to play the next day. If that's the case I think it would be better to go up on the day of the game. Ultimately, I think that's why they chose to go up the day of.

I guess it worked out pretty good for you guys last year though...

jsw6f0

Yes a great time was had by all except one of our players got a stomach bug or something. They had to take him home. Foreman is missing out for sure.

paraloma

Did Foreman go to New Boston to practice any this past week?

jsw6f0

couch-coach06

stuck in between

Quote from: paraloma on December 13, 2017, 02:32:06 pm
Did Foreman go to New Boston to practice any this past week?

They practiced at New Boston Sunday. As far as the going up a day early I like the idea of staying at home. I really agreed with Arkadelphia's coach in his pre-game interview that I saw. Yes this is a huge moment, but I liked his approach in not making the moment bigger than what it is. 

jsw6f0

This is the biggest moment in alot of these boys Athletic career far from in their life. How far of a drive will it be from Foreman?

couch-coach06

jsw6f0

I was told the fan that said Foreman would win 60 to 14 is somehow connected to the fan that got bumped by the ref at MT Ida.

GatorBall

Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 13, 2017, 03:18:41 pm
I was told the fan that said Foreman would win 60 to 14 is somehow connected to the fan that got bumped by the ref at MT Ida.

I've tried to figure out who she is related to and I can't figure it out.

M.I. D

Nothing to worry about for the normal Foreman faithful. Every group has its bad ones. You can't fix stupid.

stuck in between

I highly doubt she is a fan. More of a pot stirrer than anything.

jsw6f0

couch-coach06

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas