• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Wynne

Started by PA Dad, November 17, 2017, 11:01:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BM22

Quote from: JacketFan on November 24, 2017, 09:34:31 pm
My thoughts exactly, Wynne absolutely handed that game to LRMC.
Lol... ya'll handed the game to LRM? Crimson Lions took that game from Wynne. I don't think you can use the excuse that Wynne was looking ahead to the next game because I don't believe they want another dose of PA. Props to LRM going into Wynne and coming out with a Win.

ricefarmer

Didn't Moody interview for Wynne job last spring?

incogneto

Great win Mac.  I picked Wynne to win but knew it was a toss up due to that DL of Mac.  Coach Moody continues to impress me every year with his gameplans.  He always finds a way to put his teams in the position to win. 

ricericebaby

Quote from: ricefarmer on November 26, 2017, 05:38:40 am
Didn't Moody interview for Wynne job last spring?
Yes, Moody did interview for the head coaching job. 

Idindonuffin

Quote from: incogneto on November 26, 2017, 10:13:27 am
Great win Mac.  I picked Wynne to win but knew it was a toss up due to that DL of Mac.  Coach Moody continues to impress me every year with his gameplans.  He always finds a way to put his teams in the position to win.

Having gigantic mutants on the team doesn't hurt his cause.

incogneto

Quote from: IMSwarmed on November 27, 2017, 04:56:29 pm
Having gigantic mutants on the team doesn't hurt his cause.

He gets them out and keeps them out.  When he gets their grades really right he will start sending them to college.  I predict it will happen. 

Deltaswarm3

Congratulations to LRM they came to play and Wynne was not prepared, they played the worst game I've seen all year, McClellan was not as good as I expected, they were very beatable and Wynne should have taken care of business, in fact LRM was probably the worst team we saw in the playoffs, Morrilton was by far the best team we faced, LRM will not even come close to giving PA a decent game, it will be over at half time, but as far as that goes I don't think anyone in 5A can give them any competition, I think the style of play that Morrilton had would probably be the best match up for PA, I think those kids would give PA some headaches, you will see Morrilton at the state championship next year! I hope their qb does well, he seems like a good kid!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 28, 2017, 08:45:30 am
Congratulations to LRM they came to play and Wynne was not prepared, they played the worst game I've seen all year, McClellan was not as good as I expected, they were very beatable and Wynne should have taken care of business, in fact LRM was probably the worst team we saw in the playoffs, Morrilton was by far the best team we faced, LRM will not even come close to giving PA a decent game, it will be over at half time, but as far as that goes I don't think anyone in 5A can give them any competition, I think the style of play that Morrilton had would probably be the best match up for PA, I think those kids would give PA some headaches, you will see Morrilton at the state championship next year! I hope their qb does well, he seems like a good kid!

Yet, the worst team you saw in the playoffs beat you, Alma, and Batesville at home and is in the state championship. Interesting. You Wynne fans are one of a kind

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 08:58:42 am
Yet, the worst team you saw in the playoffs beat you, Alma, and Batesville at home and is in the state championship. Interesting. You Wynne fans are one of a kind
Just speaking truth boy....I can't say anything bad about Batesville fans, but you my friend are definitely one of a kind, I know they are very proud of you up there!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 28, 2017, 09:12:05 am
Just speaking truth boy....I can't say anything bad about Batesville fans, but you my friend are definitely one of a kind, I know they are very proud of you up there!

Speaking truth would be to say LRM beat three pretty good teams, on the road, on their way to the state championship game. They beat Batesville at Batesville, something Wynne can't seem to ever do these days. They put it on Wynne and hung 60 on Alma. To say they are worse than Morrilton or LRC is just not "truth."

And you can't say much bad about Batesville fans because we just get on the field and own Wynne most years. Your pride just hurts.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 09:49:02 am
Speaking truth would be to say LRM beat three pretty good teams, on the road, on their way to the state championship game. They beat Batesville at Batesville, something Wynne can't seem to ever do these days. They put it on Wynne and hung 60 on Alma. To say they are worse than Morrilton or LRC is just not "truth."

And you can't say much bad about Batesville fans because we just get on the field and own Wynne most years. Your pride just hurts.

Gloat much?

JessieP

Wait, I'm confused. I thought the Batesville game was the worst? I guess it was second worst. It's funny how you seem to always have your worst game of the year against Batesville, I guess it's the same song 15th verse. LRM is in the finals because they are the 2nd best team in the state, they proved it.

MDXPHD

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 09:49:02 am

The "truth is you don't seem to know half as much as you think you do" I'm speaking on what I saw, you are speaking on what you think which isn't much" you keep bringing up how Batesville beat Wynne, but sure you don't talk about that thrashing you took last year, but I would try to block that out to because it was brutal, much worse than what y'all brought this year.

JessieP

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 28, 2017, 12:19:25 pm
The "truth is you don't seem to know half as much as you think you do" I'm speaking on what I saw, you are speaking on what you think which isn't much" you keep bringing up how Batesville beat Wynne, but sure you don't talk about that thrashing you took last year, but I would try to block that out to because it was brutal, much worse than what y'all brought this year.

You are still eating leftovers from last year's feast? That aberration has been explained ad nauseam, but if it still keeps you warm at night, enjoy. This year that fluke was filed filed in our "Oops" drawer, things returned to normal. How else can you explain 11 wins in 15 years? Did Wynne look unenthusiastic in the 2nd half against LRM? yes they did. Maybe unenthusiastic, maybe defeated? PA has had games that were close and halftime and they came out and dominated. Batesville was down at halftime to Wynne and came out and dominated. LRM beat Wynne because they were the better team. LRM beat Batesville because they were the better team. I don't know why SOME (wink wink) Wynne fans cannot accept the fact they had a great year and have a great coach, leave it at that. They were never going to win the state title last year and they were never going to win it this year. They are a great team, they are not the best.   

MDXPHD

I thought it was still 2017.

And I watched all 3 of wynne's games. So it's what I saw too. You're an idiot if you think LRM was the weakest. They just aren't flashy. They get after it and they beat y'all at your own game. I agree though, morrilton was good and Wynne was lucky to make it to the semis to begin with.

JacketFan

Wynne has nothing to be down about, they had a outstanding year under new staff, so everyone should be happy they did as good as they did.  Lets please remember, these are kids, they will still be playing football year after year, long after we are gone.   So just enjoy the game, and the life lessons that it teaches these young men to help them in future circumstances.  It is about the man on the field playing the game, not the ones in the stands Monday Morning Quarterbacking every mistake made.  Learning from ones mistakes will make you a better player, a better teammate, and more importantly a better man.  Great job Jackets, and we will be cheering for you next year, so work hard, and be humble in your endeavors.

JessieP

Quote from: JacketFan on November 28, 2017, 01:05:24 pm
Wynne has nothing to be down about, they had a outstanding year under new staff, so everyone should be happy they did as good as they did.  Lets please remember, these are kids, they will still be playing football year after year, long after we are gone.   So just enjoy the game, and the life lessons that it teaches these young men to help them in future circumstances.  It is about the man on the field playing the game, not the ones in the stands Monday Morning Quarterbacking every mistake made.  Learning from ones mistakes will make you a better player, a better teammate, and more importantly a better man.  Great job Jackets, and we will be cheering for you next year, so work hard, and be humble in your endeavors.

+100. Great post! The majority of Wynne posters are knowledgeable gracious football fans, some are unrealistic twits. The way they criticized the new coach had the majority of the state scratching our heads. The boys had a great year and represented Wynne very well. That QB, #3, may be the toughest player I've seen all year, he's a warrior. I hope the players realize that some fans are morons that know NOTHING about football. As a Batesville fan I would tell any Wynne player congratulations, you had a great year.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 12:55:31 pm
I thought it was still 2017.

And I watched all 3 of wynne's games. So it's what I saw too. You're an idiot if you think LRM was the weakest. They just aren't flashy. They get after it and they beat y'all at your own game. I agree though, morrilton was good and Wynne was lucky to make it to the semis to begin with.
You're the idiot, maybe your just not very bright at being able to see talent on a football field, LRM was not weak, but not as good as some we faced, kind of reminded me of FC, Wynne wasn't lucky to get to the semis, they just had more talent, you guys are just upset because you didn't advance very far as usual!

chaingang

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2017, 12:54:23 pm
You are still eating leftovers from last year's feast? That aberration has been explained ad nauseam, but if it still keeps you warm at night, enjoy. This year that fluke was filed filed in our "Oops" drawer, things returned to normal. How else can you explain 11 wins in 15 years? Did Wynne look unenthusiastic in the 2nd half against LRM? yes they did. Maybe unenthusiastic, maybe defeated? PA has had games that were close and halftime and they came out and dominated. Batesville was down at halftime to Wynne and came out and dominated. LRM beat Wynne because they were the better team. LRM beat Batesville because they were the better team. I don't know why SOME (wink wink) Wynne fans cannot accept the fact they had a great year and have a great coach, leave it at that. They were never going to win the state title last year and they were never going to win it this year. They are a great team, they are not the best.   
Where are you getting your figures , " 11 Wins in 15 years "....... do yourself a favor and go look it up .....Wynne has 7 Wins and Batesville has 10 wins since and that is the way FF has recorded for the last 17 years....... but I bet our Buddy Tmyjcy could go back in his football time machine and pull all the Wynne / Batesville scores since they started playing and I bet the advantage is either Wynne or we may be neck and neck with each other...... but that 11 out of 15 years ain't gonna work on here.

Jackets3

LRM outplayed Wynne and earned a trip to WMS after three tough wins on the road.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on November 28, 2017, 03:29:24 pm
You're the idiot, maybe your just not very bright at being able to see talent on a football field, LRM was not weak, but not as good as some we faced, kind of reminded me of FC, Wynne wasn't lucky to get to the semis, they just had more talent, you guys are just upset because you didn't advance very far as usual!

Because first round, we had to play LRM, the team that just ousted you! lol

And yes, LRM is just like FC. The Fc team that didn't make the playoffs and LRM is in the finals. You are really bad at this whole logic thing man.

Quote from: chaingang on November 28, 2017, 03:31:58 pm
Where are you getting your figures , " 11 Wins in 15 years "....... do yourself a favor and go look it up .....Wynne has 7 Wins and Batesville has 10 wins since and that is the way FF has recorded for the last 17 years....... but I bet our Buddy Tmyjcy could go back in his football time machine and pull all the Wynne / Batesville scores since they started playing and I bet the advantage is either Wynne or we may be neck and neck with each other...... but that 11 out of 15 years ain't gonna work on here.

What he meant to say, was that Batesville is 6-2 in their last 8 games vs Wynne.

JessieP

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 28, 2017, 03:48:12 pm
Because first round, we had to play LRM, the team that just ousted you! lol

And yes, LRM is just like FC. The Fc team that didn't make the playoffs and LRM is in the finals. You are really bad at this whole logic thing man.

What he meant to say, was that Batesville is 6-2 in their last 8 games vs Wynne.

He came back at me loaded for Bear, "No! you've only whipped us 10 times in 17 years". Like that "showed me". OK, let's go with 6 of the last 8. Deltaswarm is not a smart man, I doubt he's indicative of the educational system at Wynne. How proud his teachers must be.

Idindonuffin

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2017, 04:52:39 pm
He came back at me loaded for Bear, "No! you've only whipped us 10 times in 17 years". Like that "showed me". OK, let's go with 6 of the last 8. Deltaswarm is not a smart man, I doubt he's indicative of the educational system at Wynne. How proud his teachers must be.

Um, you quote chaingang, then say Deltaswarm is not a smart man. What are you talking about?

the voice

Thanks for that ! Much appreciated! I'm not gonna comment on LRM, but I do think morriltons style would give pa trouble.  I believe that LRM punches their ticket and earned the right to be there but I don't think I'm alone in yawning at the championship game. It is them trying to beat P.A. again.  Haven't done it in last several tries and I am not sure how excited fans are to see, least those outside the respective schools. Last time I was at a LRM game there wasn't 20 fans in the stands at a home playoff game. Good luck and congrats to both teams.

JessieP

Quote from: the voice on November 28, 2017, 10:57:41 pm
Thanks for that ! Much appreciated! I'm not gonna comment on LRM, but I do think morriltons style would give pa trouble.  I believe that LRM punches their ticket and earned the right to be there but I don't think I'm alone in yawning at the championship game. It is them trying to beat P.A. again.  Haven't done it in last several tries and I am not sure how excited fans are to see, least those outside the respective schools. Last time I was at a LRM game there wasn't 20 fans in the stands at a home playoff game. Good luck and congrats to both teams.

Unfortunately you are 100% spot on, this is the yawn bowl. The stands on LRM's side will be empty and that's a crying shame. PA is a small school and outside of PA no one likes them enough to watch them win a 4th straight title. Possibly the most anticlimactic ending to a 5A season in years. 

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2017, 11:10:59 pm
Unfortunately you are 100% spot on, this is the yawn bowl. The stands on LRM's side will be empty and that's a crying shame. PA is a small school and outside of PA no one likes them enough to watch them win a 4th straight title. Possibly the most anticlimactic ending to a 5A season in years.

Actually, 5A championship game attendance has been very strong relative to 6A and 7A in recent years even though 6-7 are represented by much bigger schools.  I recall tmycjy posting attendance numbers in recent years, so maybe he can pull those up. 

LRM will have its fan base, they are local. and appreciate making it to the big game.  Plus there is always the chance of an upset.  All of PA will be there as well and I always see a lot of locals not associated with the school come out to watch the game. 

See Jess, poeople like to watch WINNERS!

Idindonuffin

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2017, 11:10:59 pm

LRM had a good turnout at Wynne. I think they will show up at the finals also. I didn't see a problem with support.

In response to all of the comments about Wynne's performance, I'm going to stick my neck out and say that they weren't the intense competitors against Morrilton and LRM that they were against LRC. To me they seemed distracted. I don't disagree with Deltaswarm3. Everybody has an opinion and that's mine.

South 45

Quote from: IMSwarmed on November 29, 2017, 10:21:16 am
LRM had a good turnout at Wynne. I think they will show up at the finals also. I didn't see a problem with support.

I'm really glad to hear this. The last LRM game I attended was a home game and I believe post season to boot. Home fan turn out that night was dismal at best. Way too much talent there to not be appreciated.

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 29, 2017, 06:49:07 am
Actually, 5A championship game attendance has been very strong relative to 6A and 7A in recent years even though 6-7 are represented by much bigger schools.  I recall tmycjy posting attendance numbers in recent years, so maybe he can pull those up. 

LRM will have its fan base, they are local. and appreciate making it to the big game.  Plus there is always the chance of an upset.  All of PA will be there as well and I always see a lot of locals not associated with the school come out to watch the game. 

See Jess, poeople like to watch WINNERS!

Two questions, how big is your ego and how bad did you suck when you played? Your constant grandiose bragging about PA and their unmatched work ethic is now spilling over to a diluted view on their popularity. If may very well be jealousy but the fact is PA in not popular. Greenwood has a state wide fan base, Pine Bluff has a state wide fan base, Warren has a state wide fan base, PA does not. Their fan base is students and players parents. Actually there has been discussions on these boards where some have expressed disappointment at the lack of student support at PA. It may be a case of the rich kids looking down their noses at the kids on aid, who knows. Last year at the final Wynne had 3x's the number of fans. LRM has been playing to 1/3 full stands all season, that is a shame. It's a case of 2 teams with smaller fan bases playing a game where the outcome is all but decided. You think there is excitement about this game? you don't out much do you? And as far as your ruthless defense and bragging on a high school football team, to the point you insult and humiliate certain posters, begs the question...why? Why are you living vicariously through a team of teenagers? Their success on the football field will never compensate for your lack of.   

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: JessieP on November 29, 2017, 03:10:37 pm
Two questions, how big is your ego and how bad did you suck when you played? Your constant grandiose bragging about PA and their unmatched work ethic is now spilling over to a diluted view on their popularity. If may very well be jealousy but the fact is PA in not popular. Greenwood has a state wide fan base, Pine Bluff has a state wide fan base, Warren has a state wide fan base, PA does not. Their fan base is students and players parents. Actually there has been discussions on these boards where some have expressed disappointment at the lack of student support at PA. It may be a case of the rich kids looking down their noses at the kids on aid, who knows. Last year at the final Wynne had 3x's the number of fans. LRM has been playing to 1/3 full stands all season, that is a shame. It's a case of 2 teams with smaller fan bases playing a game where the outcome is all but decided. You think there is excitement about this game? you don't out much do you? And as far as your ruthless defense and bragging on a high school football team, to the point you insult and humiliate certain posters, begs the question...why? Why are you living vicariously through a team of teenagers? Their success on the football field will never compensate for your lack of.

Wow, I guess I should learn to expect a childish, idiotic response from you Jess.  You sure are good at it.  Let's take this in stages, since you bounce around a lot in your thought process.

My ego is fairly large.  I was a pretty poor player, no where near the level of my son.  But then, I didn't play for PA. 

I've rarely have made a comment that would be described as "bragging" and the times I have it was obviously in jest, and I think most people reading this knew it.

I never used the word "unmatched" when describing PA's work ethic.  I did say they work harder than many other teams and that I attributed much of their success to this.  That was in direct response to your "financial advantages" comment. 

Greenwood, Pine Bluff, and Warren have a statewide fan base?  What do you base that opinion  on?  Have you conducted a poll with a big enough sample size of the State's population to get that?  I'm guessing not.    People tend to watch winning teams if they don't have a dog in the fight on the opposing side.  Greenwood is a great public school program that has had tremendous success.  Heck, I'm a fan of Greenwood!

Please point me to the "discussion" on FF regarding the lack of support for PA's football team.  I've never seen it and the entire school backs the team.  I can say that because I'm there.  You are not.  Let me walk you through some basic math.  We are a 3A sized-school playing in 5A.  Our entire student body from pre-k to 12th grade is around 1,400.  We play against teams with high school populations larger than that.  Combine that large student body with parents, and yes, there is a large crowd across the field every game. That is not a measure of our support vs. the other team.

"It may be a case of the rich kids looking down their noses at the kids on aid, who knows".  I don't know what your definition of "rich" is, but that's probably a small group at PA.  But I understand that it's comforting to you to view the entire school as a bunch of over privileged white kids.  It helps you cope with your lack of class and success. 

Of course Wynn had 3x the fans, that school is 3x bigger than PA.  LRM is playing with the stand 1/3 full?  What, did you go to every game and count.  Maybe parents have to work and can't follow the team to every away game.  Shame on you for calling out hard working families.  It's disgusting.

The outcome of the 5A game may heavily favor one team but its far from a given.  I'll point to Parkview as evidence.  In any case, both teams worked hard to get to this point and I'm a little tired, like many on FF, of you continually trashing the contest.  Basically, you hate PA and belittling the 5A championship is your covert way of bashing PA.

I'm bashing posters on FF?  Just you and bulldogger.  Trolls.

Living vicariously through teenagers?  yup, I'm old and my son is on that team and I'm extremely proud of their accomplishments.  Nothing unusual or unnatural about that. 

AT

JessieP

Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 29, 2017, 05:51:53 pm
Wow, I guess I should learn to expect a childish, idiotic response from you Jess.  You sure are good at it.  Let's take this in stages, since you bounce around a lot in your thought process.

My ego is fairly large.  I was a pretty poor player, no where near the level of my son.  But then, I didn't play for PA. 

I've rarely have made a comment that would be described as "bragging" and the times I have it was obviously in jest, and I think most people reading this knew it.

I never used the word "unmatched" when describing PA's work ethic.  I did say they work harder than many other teams and that I attributed much of their success to this.  That was in direct response to your "financial advantages" comment. 

Greenwood, Pine Bluff, and Warren have a statewide fan base?  What do you base that opinion  on?  Have you conducted a poll with a big enough sample size of the State's population to get that?  I'm guessing not.    People tend to watch winning teams if they don't have a dog in the fight on the opposing side.  Greenwood is a great public school program that has had tremendous success.  Heck, I'm a fan of Greenwood!

Please point me to the "discussion" on FF regarding the lack of support for PA's football team.  I've never seen it and the entire school backs the team.  I can say that because I'm there.  You are not.  Let me walk you through some basic math.  We are a 3A sized-school playing in 5A.  Our entire student body from pre-k to 12th grade is around 1,400.  We play against teams with high school populations larger than that.  Combine that large student body with parents, and yes, there is a large crowd across the field every game. That is not a measure of our support vs. the other team.

"It may be a case of the rich kids looking down their noses at the kids on aid, who knows".  I don't know what your definition of "rich" is, but that's probably a small group at PA.  But I understand that it's comforting to you to view the entire school as a bunch of over privileged white kids.  It helps you cope with your lack of class and success. 

Of course Wynn had 3x the fans, that school is 3x bigger than PA.  LRM is playing with the stand 1/3 full?  What, did you go to every game and count.  Maybe parents have to work and can't follow the team to every away game.  Shame on you for calling out hard working families.  It's disgusting.

The outcome of the 5A game may heavily favor one team but its far from a given.  I'll point to Parkview as evidence.  In any case, both teams worked hard to get to this point and I'm a little tired, like many on FF, of you continually trashing the contest.  Basically, you hate PA and belittling the 5A championship is your covert way of bashing PA.

I'm bashing posters on FF?  Just you and bulldogger.  Trolls.

Living vicariously through teenagers?  yup, I'm old and my son is on that team and I'm extremely proud of their accomplishments.  Nothing unusual or unnatural about that.

I love it, I own this dweeb. Lock, stock and barrel he is mine. The dimwit focuses on me oh to have a fan club. Basic math time nitwit, do some research. No less then 6 different posters have commented on how little interest there is for this game, look it up. I continually bash PA? Um, I have been accused of being a PA fan by numerous posters, ouch those facts sting. And the way your so tired of MY bashing PA? How long have you had this unnatural fixation on me? I joined FF last November, look it up. There have been dozens of threads questioning PA and their success dating back years, I am FAR FAR FAR from being the lone PA "basher", yet for some reason you only have eyes for me. I'm flattered but not interested, get a hobby. Yet you seem to comment on everything I say (it's Master's voice), When I say "PA is unbeatable", you say I'm passively aggressively bashing them (Google that definition, you hear it on tv yet you don't really grasp it), I have given PA all the respect in the world, I have stopped saying anything negative about them. I was only commenting on how little interest this game has, yet it aroused your loins. I stopped commenting negatively about PA because I saw how low you and another poster stooped a couple weeks ago, I wanted no part of that kind of ridiculing people. So please, ignore me. Your sick fixation is bothersome.

Maynard G Krebs

Some people will walk out of their way just to step in a cow pie and stir it up

PA Bruin Fan

November 29, 2017, 07:06:26 pm #84 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:04:22 pm by PA Bruin Fan
Wow, Jess, you got me. I'm in awe of your response.  Especially that part about arousing loins.  Wonder what you were doing when you wrote that.  Keep trolling bud, it's fun. 

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 29, 2017, 07:03:43 pm

sad but true  :-\

MDXPHD

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 29, 2017, 07:03:43 pm

Maynard, I've done nothing to deserve such a statement from you.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 29, 2017, 09:24:48 pm
Maynard, I've done nothing to deserve such a statement from you.

Well, that's debatable!

PA Dad

Quote from: The Future on November 17, 2017, 11:12:04 pm
Welp. My way too early 2017 bold pick this past summer was a Central team would not win the championship.
If PA and Wynne advance then I still have a chance.
If PA and McClellan advance I'm done for.

You're done for!

Yellowcake

Quote from: JacketFan on November 28, 2017, 01:05:24 pm

Wish I had posted that. Perfect perspective. Leading post going into the clubhouse this season.

Yellowcake

Quote from: JessieP on November 29, 2017, 03:10:37 pm

On a related note, I am so glad I didn't post this.

Come to the game Saturday and test your "no interest" theory. Come introduce yourself personally. I think face to face meetings tend to break down ananymous bragadociousness, help carve out anger, and otherwise promote civil discourse. I think that might do your heart good.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2017, 11:00:33 pm
On a related note, I am so glad I didn't post this.

Come to the game Saturday and test your "no interest" theory. Come introduce yourself personally. I think face to face meetings tend to break down ananymous bragadociousness, help carve out anger, and otherwise promote civil discourse. I think that might do your heart good.

You shore do talk purty. 😜

Overdahill

If PA is the home team Saturday is "Cake" on the chains or not like a regular home game?

JacketFan

Quote from: JessieP on November 28, 2017, 01:38:04 pm
+100. Great post! The majority of Wynne posters are knowledgeable gracious football fans, some are unrealistic twits. The way they criticized the new coach had the majority of the state scratching our heads. The boys had a great year and represented Wynne very well. That QB, #3, may be the toughest player I've seen all year, he's a warrior. I hope the players realize that some fans are morons that know NOTHING about football. As a Batesville fan I would tell any Wynne player congratulations, you had a great year.
Thank you for the compliment, and you are right #3 was a beast, and was definitely a big factor in the jackets success.  Tough as nails kid, and a fine young man, I sure hope he continues at the next level somewhere.

JacketFan

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 29, 2017, 10:50:42 pm
Wish I had posted that. Perfect perspective. Leading post going into the clubhouse this season.
Thank you kind sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman, and I meant every word of it.

Yellowcake

Quote from: Overdahill on November 30, 2017, 11:43:54 am
If PA is the home team Saturday is "Cake" on the chains or not like a regular home game?

No sir. There's a bunch out of Conway who, like the "all time quarterback" in sandlot growing up, is the "all time chain gang" for all the state championship games.

I know this because I pulled very string and played every card I had last year to try to get our chain crew to do the 5A game. Couldn't be done.

I did, however, manage to secure a sideline pass for all three games this weekend. That's even better. On the sidelines, with no responsibility.

Overdahill

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 30, 2017, 08:01:51 pm
No sir. There's a bunch out of Conway who, like the "all time quarterback" in sandlot growing up, is the "all time chain gang" for all the state championship games.

I know this because I pulled very string and played every card I had last year to try to get our chain crew to do the 5A game. Couldn't be done.

I did, however, manage to secure a sideline pass for all three games this weekend. That's even better. On the sidelines, with no responsibility.

Thx for the insight! I wasn't sure how these games were handled

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas