• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Austin Reaves

Started by BasketballNeverStops, August 06, 2015, 12:50:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Arkansas State has offered 6-7 Austin Reaves of Cedar Ridge, son of former A-State guard Brian Reaves and former Lady Indian Nicole Wilkett.

Silky Johnson

Finally ASU offers someone that makes sense, really fun player to watch on both ends. On another note Colton Watson of 1A state champs Bay may be playing at ASU in the 2016-2017 season as well. Think there are some other things he has to take care of first.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 06, 2015, 04:10:56 pm
Finally ASU offers someone that makes sense, really fun player to watch on both ends. On another note Colton Watson of 1A state champs Bay may be playing at ASU in the 2016-2017 season as well. Think there are some other things he has to take care of first.

What does that mean?  Isn't he supposed to play this year?

Batman44

Congrats to Reaves. Hope he goes there. Carrying on family tradition! Last I heard, Watson was considering walking on at ASU, but that was some time ago.

pioneers

Where is it looking like reaves will probably end up at?

followme

Maybe he will be 6'7" by time he gets to A state. Can't wait to watch him play.

RTF

Quote from: followme on October 09, 2015, 08:43:26 am
Maybe he will be 6'7" by time he gets to A state. Can't wait to watch him play.

Platforms?

Head Lion

The kid is a player, don't care how tall he is!

Paperman

Wish he played for osceola or rivercrest😷. That young man is a player!

Catfish

Has anybody heard of any more offers for Austin? Ive heard that Arkansas opened his files.

ZoneBuster

Wasn't Gonzaga very interested this summer?

Baller_34

I was told personally by the coach Gonzaga was offering and Butler was interested. He also said Arkansas was interested.

Radiotalker

Eagle20

pioneers

Redwolves8526

Tons of schools making visits. Don't know how many official offers he has. But the kid is a D-1 talent

Baller_34

Heard today he got offered by West Virginia

pioneers

After watching him against Manila he has everything he needs on the offensive end on defense he struggled (may have just been that one game). He guarded a sophomore from Manila and he had around 25 or so for the game. He is a heck of a player maybe one of the best pure scorers in 3A.

Head Lion

Agree, heck of a scorer. He has to get stronger & would have bad trouble guarding any decent 2 guard in D1

Redleg76

Don't hate on his defense too much. He has done a great job keeping some good players in check over the past three years. This year, however, he has the added pressure of playing defense without fouling. If either he or Crabfree go to the bench with foul trouble, the team is in disarray. He cannot be aggressive and get in the face of opponents for the risk of picking up a foul.
I suspect the only time you will see his A-game on defense is in the closing miinutes of a game that is close. Otherwise, he cNt afford to play aggressive.
Strength on the other hand, is a legitimate question. He needs some time in a college strength and conditioning program before he can be successful at the high D1 level.

ZoneBuster

Admittedly I've never seen him play in person, but the few upper level guards I have seen in High school rarely play good solid defense. Some do for sure, but I feel like most definitely have the don't get in foul trouble mentality.

Head Lion

Don't get me wrong, think the world of the young man. He is a great player & seems to be an even better young man. I just see him having trouble guarding D1 2 guards. That being said, wish him the best of luck & hope he proves me wrong. Like to see kids from rural Arkansas get a shot & do well.

Moonshiner

He may be recruited as a 3.  At 6'5" surely he can find someone to guard.

mr.gametime

Update : after playing for Wichita State the last two years..... he is now transferring to Oklahoma

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas