• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Somehow I think you and I might agree that today's weather was outstanding don't you think TB?

sevenof400

2 in a row....let's keep it going TB!

fastdrop

Hit up a farm pond yesterday to restock the freezer with bream and crappie. I wore the fish out but they were all in places that I have never caught them at this time of year. Instead of being on the banks spawning they were all in deep water already ..... crazy weather indeed.

True Believer

Yes seven it was just wonderful.   Spent a wonderful weekend with my kids and friends and throughly enjoyed it.   Bought my beach chair and sat in it just to be sure what it would feel like when we hit the beach this summer.   I was actually cold this morning when I woke up!

Hope every one had a blessed Easter weekend.  FD, when are we having that fish fry???

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: True Believer on April 09, 2012, 06:44:00 am
  FD, when are we having that fish fry???

this is what i want to know!  i haven't had any crappie or bream in forever!

fastdrop

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on April 09, 2012, 08:15:44 am
Quote from: True Believer on April 09, 2012, 06:44:00 am
  FD, when are we having that fish fry???

this is what i want to know!  i haven't had any crappie or bream in forever!
We had around 7 of us fishing. 4 folks getting everything ready to cook them and around 30 folks ready to eat them. Fresh bream, crappie, and bass on the menu. I have to go back to get some for the freezer.

DogsWin7

going fishin' this weekend.  Heard a friend say that he caught 35 crappie!  Hope they are still biten' Love me a Fish Fry!!!! :D

fastdrop

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 09, 2012, 01:16:36 pm
going fishin' this weekend.  Heard a friend say that he caught 35 crappie!  Hope they are still biten' Love me a Fish Fry!!!! :D
red and chartreuse mini jig is all you need.

DogsWin7

Quote from: fastdrop on April 09, 2012, 05:06:55 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on April 09, 2012, 01:16:36 pm
red and chartreuse mini jig is all you need.

Thanks!!!  Hope it doesn't rain Sat.  makes the water cloudy, may have to take a few white jigs too just in case. :D 

True Believer

Well I guess TP that you and I will have to catch our own and not invite anyone to our fish fry. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on April 09, 2012, 09:02:35 pm
Well I guess TP that you and I will have to catch our own and not invite anyone to our fish fry.

I'll invite you and TP but you have to promise to leave the rain clouds at your house.  :D

True Believer

No rain clouds here.  :)    Only miles and miles of smiles.   :)

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on April 09, 2012, 09:02:35 pm

I'll bring em, you clean and cook em.

True Believer

How bout we do the opposite?  We'll bring them and you can cook and clean them.  Yea.  I like that better. 

True Believer

There's a restaurant on Reelfoot Lake in Tn that serves up hot fresh crappie when in season.  It's not that far from me.

Best of both worlds.  Don't have to catch, clean or cook them.  :)

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on April 09, 2012, 09:54:36 pm
There's a restaurant on Reelfoot Lake in Tn that serves up hot fresh crappie when in season.  It's not that far from me.

Best of both worlds.  Don't have to catch, clean or cook them.  :)

I buy mine illegally from a black guy in Miss, I do have to cook em. You don't think any Game and Fish guys read this stuff, do you?

True Believer

My cousin is one and he reads this. 

sevenof400

On a somewhat related note having to do with the weather, I saw a dirt devil today that was shooting a column of dirt hundreds of feet in the air.  Only lasted about 15 seconds but it was very cool to watch. 

ricepig

Quote from: True Believer on April 09, 2012, 10:10:25 pm
My cousin is one and he reads this.

Good thing he doesn't have my IP then, of course, I was just funnin.

True Believer

DogsWin7

Hottest March on record.  Wonder what is in store for April & May? :-\

I do have to say I don't care for winter and am glad to have spring arrive early. :) Just hope it is not record setter for Hottest in July & August!!!

True Believer

I'm staying down here where it's cooler.   It's too hot up on the Bobby Petrino thread.

I can't even get on Facebook right now!   Every person is Arkansas must be on there!

Texarkana_Piggie

quarter sized hail with lots of lightning and thunder around.  nasty stuff out there.

sevenof400

Now I wish this run of weather could continue all summer long....open windows kind of days and nights....  Yes!

True Believer

Going to the Memphis Redbirds game tonight.  20% chance of rain.   Please don't rain.   

I guess if it does I will be forced to go and just eat ribs somewhere.   

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on April 13, 2012, 06:19:03 am
Going to the Memphis Redbirds game tonight.  20% chance of rain.   Please don't rain.   

I guess if it does I will be forced to go and just eat ribs somewhere.

We all have our burdens to bare don't we TB!

Enjoy the trip.

DogsWin7

With Spring Comes Tornados :-[   Watch the Weather and keep safe.   Tornado hit Oklahoma-prayers for all involved.

True Believer

Prayers for Okie!

I got to see the Red Birds get drilled, still got to eat ribs and the weather was perfect. 

FD.  Heard little FD was there but never saw him!

True Believer

Tornado warning for Benton and Washington counties.   

Brian G

Yeah, it's going to miss me.  We've had a ton of wind for two days and no rain.  Everything swinging north of me.  If these storms had more of a Eastern movement towards them, I'd have been pummeled multiple times in the past 48 hours.

True Believer

Are you one of those that hear a tornado warning and then walk outside to watch?

I do and then I run to the hidey hole.    Prayers for all the victims in the recent tornadoes and for protection for all during the rest of this tornadic season. 

Brian G

It always intrigues me.  My Allie(golden retriever) and I always walk the yard just as it approaches.  She cautiously stays between me and the door in case I might lock her out.

As if I would.

Ridge Rat

TB, looks to me like you all need some kinda tornado warning or something. I'm driving back through Paragould from Kentucky and it looks like the Dust Bowl up here east of Kennett.

DogsWin7

True Believer

Quote from: Ridge Rat on April 15, 2012, 01:04:04 pm
TB, looks to me like you all need some kinda tornado warning or something. I'm driving back through Paragould from Kentucky and it looks like the Dust Bowl up here east of Kennett.

The wind is unrelenting right now.  I just drove to Paragould.  To the Walmart.  Record time in and out 28 minutes.  I had stopped at the traffic light and my car felt like a small earthquake was going on.     The dust is horrible.   I hope it will blow all this pollen away so I will quit sneezing.

DogsWin7

drip, drip, drop little april showers...

True Believer

Wow the weather here has just been perfect!!!!    It does need to rain though.  Just a little.

DogsWin7

Man it was HOT today!  No rain in sight and my tomatoes are wilting.... :'(

True Believer

Loving it.  It rained here yesterday.

sevenof400

92 degrees on May 4th.

TB, see what you've brought on us!

Breitontime

Love the warm weather.

True Believer

2 more weeks from today and I will be headed to Florida.   I'm scoping out the hospitals while I'm down there!   :)

Breitontime

I'm heading back in a couple week too.

TB, check out Mease Morton Plant. Crazy nice hospitals.

DogsWin7

May 05, 2012, 06:16:56 pm #95 Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 06:27:23 pm by DiehardFBfan
Be sure an check out the Super Moon tonight!..........

http://now.msn.com/now/0505-supermoon-meteor-shower.aspx

True Believer

Quote from: Breitontime on May 04, 2012, 08:54:44 pm
I'm heading back in a couple week too.

TB, check out Mease Morton Plant. Crazy nice hospitals.

Not going down to that part of Florida this time but plan to someday.  I'll check it out.

DogsWin7

Beautiful Weather for Graduation!  Congrats to all the Seniors in their accomplishments!

DogsWin7

Going to open up my pool today!!!!   Maybe water temp by memorial day these ole' bones can handle- if not woooooo a  :o.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas