• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville vs Gentry

Started by fourpeat, November 07, 2010, 01:52:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Nashville
14 (35.9%)
Nashville by mercy rule
21 (53.8%)
Gentry
2 (5.1%)
Gentry by mercy rule
2 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: November 13, 2010, 01:52:26 pm

fourpeat

November 07, 2010, 01:52:26 pm Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:09:55 pm by fourpeat
The Scrappers have played the Pioneers only once, ever.  It was in the first round of the 1997 AA playoffs.  Gentry came to Nashville and the Scrappers got the scare of their lives!  It was supposed to be a rout on the wet sloppy field, but at halftime, the Pioneers led 8-6.  Blake Young, threw two TD passes to Darryl Pryor in the second half and Brandon Rowland sacked the QB for a safety to secure the 22-15 win.  Gentry had no passing yards but ran for 300 while the Scrappers only mustered up 184 yards of total offense.  Young averaged 150 yards passing a game that year, but Gentry held him to only 5/14/60 with 2 interceptions.  This year, it's supposed to be the same thing, a rout!  But I'm sure it won't happen like 1997 did :)  Right? :)

GLion Alum

There is a possibility you could have a re-play of that 1997 game.  A lot will depend on whether Gentry can put last Friday night's game behind them. That won't be easy for them.  They had the game with Ozark in their hip pocket and only had to take knees since Ozark was down to one timeout.  The quarterback saw an opening in the line and, naturally, darted through it and fumbled at the one-yard line when hit from behind.  Ozark, which has a potent passing attack when it's clicking, flew down the field and won at the final buzzer. 

I know Charleston (class 3A) isn't Nashville, but early in the season Gentry went to Charleston and dominated them with their power runners and tough defense.  That was Charleston's only loss until Mansfield apparently copied Gentry's game plan and beat them last Friday.     

fourpeat

Well I just have this feeling that the Pioneer coaches are planning to grind it out like they did in '97.

hillbilly

I hope Gentry plays them close, go Pioneers.

edghog

I don't know if I was happiest because we won or that we didn't have to go to Nashganistan.
Not the easiest of places to play.
I gotta pull for Gentry. They played their guts out last Friday.
Good luck to both teams.

Saint Fan1952

My 1-4A roots make me want for Gentry to win but after seeing the playoff brackets I just want one of these teams to take out Gosnell in the second round.  If Shiloh makes it to the third round it would be great for a replay of the Nashville game at Shiloh but I'm pulling for Gentry  in what will be a hard fought game.

mr.b@sc

Quote from: Saint Fan1952 on November 08, 2010, 02:20:35 pm
My 1-4A roots make me want for Gentry to win but after seeing the playoff brackets I just want one of these teams to take out Gosnell in the second round.  If Shiloh makes it to the third round it would be great for a replay of the Nashville game at Shiloh but I'm pulling for Gentry  in what will be a hard fought game.
you crack me up with ..if shiloh makes it to the third round...everybody in the state knows they will be in the final game for the championship..

Saint Fan1952

I hope that you are right but anything can happen in a given game.  One player knocked out of the game can make a huge difference at this level. 
I'm mainly pulled for Nashville / Gentry to avoid a long drive.

hhsbobcats

Hoghead

YAWN !   Nashville is gonna beat the brakes off of Gentry ! I remember back in 1995 when they came down and played Prescott. It got ugly quick !  Scrappers 35 Gentry 14.

fourpeat

The Scrappers will have their starting senior quarterback back, Cole Moore, who's been out for a couple weeks.  The Scrappers look good right now, winning the last two with a backup sophomore quarterback.  Of course, last week was against Bismarck, who is weak right now, and the previous week against Malvern, who was beaten by the worst De Queen team ever this week! 

gohogs6

I wasnt too impressed with Gentry when I saw them. I will say Nashville will get pretty close to the mercy rule.... I'll go 35-7

edghog

Quote from: gohogs6 on November 09, 2010, 06:08:47 pm
I wasnt too impressed with Gentry when I saw them. I will say Nashville will get pretty close to the mercy rule.... I'll go 35-7
Same thing you said about Ozark on their thread. Were you impressed with anyone you saw?
Just curious.

gohogs6

Quote from: edghog on November 09, 2010, 06:32:51 pm
Same thing you said about Ozark on their thread. Were you impressed with anyone you saw?
Just curious.

Just saying when teams struggle to win against teams that didnt even make the playoffs and werent that good(Prairie Grove & Pea Ridge) then I dont see how when u face a good quality opponent how the outcome will be a positive one.... just my opinion

edghog

Quote from: gohogs6 on November 09, 2010, 07:11:11 pm
Quote from: edghog on November 09, 2010, 06:32:51 pm
Just curious.

Just saying when teams struggle to win against teams that didnt even make the playoffs and werent that good(Prairie Grove & Pea Ridge) then I dont see how when u face a good quality opponent how the outcome will be a positive one.... just my opinion
Any given Friday night lesser teams can rise up. PR did the night the Hillbillies came to town. Ozark did not struggle with PG.

gohogs6

They didnt struggle with Prairie Grove???? considering Ozarks Td's came off fluke 3rd and long plays. One 3rd and 25 run. And PG drove down the field and Ozark picked a pass at the 4 yd line as time expired.. Thats not struggling to win against a non playoff. I support PG more than anyone and quite frankly we werent that good this year and Ozark had to claw for that one. PG controlled field position 80% of that game

gohogs6

PG outplayed Ozark that game. Penalties are part of the game a huge part but PG had 10 to 15 penalties while Ozark might of had 3.... not cause of the refs. PG just mentally played terrible

edghog

You've got your opinion. I've got mine. But you sound sore. Just my take.

edghog

I guess you were not impressed with Farmington as well?

gohogs6

haha no..... u did hear me say ummm... PG wasnt that good this year at all. Looks like Im the one is fine admitting things not u. and btw had Gentrys coach known what a kneel down is Ozark wud be making a trip to Nashville Friday. Ozark isnt near as good as their record indicates. Thats fact

gohogs6

and yes.... besides Shiloh the 1-4A was not that good this year. I have been watching these teams since the mid 90's and I will say Gravette with some things to go their way could do pretty well. But for instance this year isnt going to be like 2005 when our 3 seed Gravette made it to the quarters. In 2006 our 4 seed PG made it to the quarters. None of our 3 or highers have a chance to get past the 2nd round. The 1-4A was down

edghog

So let me get this right. The 3rd, 4th , & 5th place teams which ended up keeping PG out, didn't impress you? Again, you sound sore.
(FYI. Gentry needed 1 first down to seal the deal. The coach was not at fault. And how can you blame a kid that saw nothing but open field? That all was fluke but the Hillbillies still had to drive 80 yards in one minute and did it.)

gohogs6

I dont see how just cause someone beat PG is a good idea of how to judge a team. We werent very good and Ozark, Gentry, and Farmington all struggled to beat PG. To me thats not good. If Shiloh drops back to 3A in the 2012 football season which could happen cause I heard their senior class is much bigger than their jr and soph class in numbers and Shiloh was the smallest 4A school barely getting into 4A it will mean not good for the 1-4A.... Id say it would drop them back to one of those worst 1 or 2 leagues. Dont get me wrong I want them out and maybe a school like West Fork bumps back up and puts Ozark back into the 4-4A. Dont get me wrong in all this. Would I enjoy Huntsville coming back down and sending Ozark out of our league again. Yes

gohogs6

cause I think anyone would rather play Huntsville than Ozark on a year in and out basis

edghog

Do you think Ozark would make the conf better overall year in & year out? I would think we would. Ozark is very young and has a second year coach that went 180* from traditional Hillbilly FB.
I would like to see Gentry beat Nashganistan but I don't think it will happen. As I would like to see Ozark beat Stuttgart. Not sure that will happen either. I see your logic.

Tommyboy

Nashville 42

Gentry 14

35 - 0 at half

allboys

Quote from: gohogs6 on November 09, 2010, 07:52:57 pm
cause I think anyone would rather play Huntsville than Ozark on a year in and out basis
Can or may I ask why you feel like this?

KingoftheHILL

Way to keep ur head up Joel.  You are a class act.

Complete Biased PoV

Don't know how I missed this thread before.  Good Win Scrappers, way to represent the 7-4A.

gunman

Quote from: KingoftheHILL on November 12, 2010, 11:30:40 pm
What does Joel have to keep his head up about?

KingoftheHILL

Quote from: gunman on November 13, 2010, 03:05:42 am
Quote from: KingoftheHILL on November 12, 2010, 11:30:40 pm
What does Joel have to keep his head up about?
he's a great kid that stepped up during a bad situation the last two weeks.  Then got to stand on the sideline the majority of the game last night. I just want him to know that some people around here think its more important to conduct yourself in a respectful manner and genuinely be a good person than to just put on a show for everyone. And,  not just go out and act however you want to.

ScrapperMan

And can actually run when he tucks the ball. The offense has much more potential with him.

KingoftheHILL

Quote from: ScrapperMan on November 13, 2010, 01:26:59 pm
And can actually run when he tucks the ball. The offense has much more potential with him.
no doubt.  Joel can run, look to second and third receiving options and throw on target. 

pressure

Hoghead

Quote from: Hoghead on November 09, 2010, 03:13:18 am
YAWN !   Nashville is gonna beat the brakes off of Gentry ! I remember back in 1995 when they came down and played Prescott. It got ugly quick !  Scrappers 35 Gentry 14.
Scrappers in a blowout like I said !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas