• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018-2019 4A Basketball Conferences

Started by 3 Dollar, January 18, 2018, 08:12:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

4A-1
Berryville
Farmington
Gentry
Gravette
Harrison
Huntsville
Pea Ridge
Prairie Grove
Shiloh Christian

4A-3
Batesville
Blytheville
Brookland
Highland
Pocahontas
Southside-Batesville
Valley View
Jonesboro Westside

4A-4
Clarksville
Dardanelle
Dover
Heber Springs
Morrilton
Ozark
Pottsville
Subiaco

4A-5
Forrest City
Joe T. Robinson
John L. McClellan
Lonoke
Pulaski Academy
Stuttgart
Wilbur Mills
Wynne
e-Stem

4A-7
Arkadelphia
Bauxite
DeQueen
Hope
Malvern
Mena
Nashville

4A-8
Camden Fairview
Crossett
Hamburg
Magnolia
Monticello
Star City
Warren

Gray lizard

I see a few 4-A teams not on the list.  What about Waldron and Elkins?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 18, 2018, 09:02:49 am
I see a few 4-A teams not on the list.  What about Waldron and Elkins?

They are here:

3A 1W

Cedarville
Charleston
Elkins
Greenland
Lincoln
Mansfield
Waldron
West Fork

Gray lizard

I guess some are up and some are down JA Fair I don't see.  They must be in 6-A.

SUGARTOWN

4real

Looks like they could take the new 4A and split it into 8 conferences.  You'd have about two less teams per conference, but travel would be better, and then you could simplify the regions into 4, instead of that dang odd number crap of 3 regions.

OrangeCrush.

Gray lizard

It looks like the 4-A will have some good basketball.  It will be a tough road to get to the top.  I think I will like this better than the split season. If we are lucky this will push the level of competition up for the 4-A.  I feel the last two years have made it week.  There will be a great team come out of the 4 4-A & 1 4-A region.

SUGARTOWN

Scary thing is that LR Mills is the #1 ranked team overall in the state this year. And they'll be in 4A next year.

OOps

The 4A has not been weak. The regular seasons are less competitive because of the combined conferences, but there have been a lot of good 4A teams. There are plenty of 4A teams that could beat a lot of the bigger schools right now.

4real

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on January 18, 2018, 10:26:25 am
The AAA doesn't possess common sense.
Keep in mind that the AAA does what the Supe's want, as a whole.

NEA Razorback olfan

NWA Hawg

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on January 18, 2018, 10:26:25 am
The AAA doesn't possess common sense.

I agree but this is so much better than the blended conference idea.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: fann07 on January 19, 2018, 07:52:54 am
I agree but this is so much better than the blended conference idea.
Very true

4real

I hope this sticks.  At least for a while.  AAA gets a lot of blame for the realignment changes, but folks forget that these proposals and recommendations actually come from the superintendents, and the supes often create the brilliant ideas after listening to the gripes from their parents, fans, and coaches.

So, in a couple years, its possible some gripes will lead to another round of supes making brilliant proposals to fix things all over again, and the AAA will say, ok, do pass.

CTEPirateFan

IMO, conferences should only change because of enrollment numbers at this point. If people can drive for a tournament they can drive for a night of conference games. I'm with 4real in hoping that this sticks for a while.

4real

Quote from: CTEPirateFan on January 19, 2018, 10:13:16 am
IMO, conferences should only change because of enrollment numbers at this point. If people can drive for a tournament they can drive for a night of conference games. I'm with 4real in hoping that this sticks for a while.
YUP.  And, this will make each classification more competitive again.  Which i am in support of.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: rebelfan on January 22, 2018, 05:58:33 pm
I checked the new classifications and they are absurd. I thought the AAA was trying to get schools in conferences closer to each other. The way it looks to me they are farther than they were before they were changed. I guess they will still play two conferences against  each other, which will make it even worse.

Which schools in 4A are you referring too?

4real

I checked the new classifications and they are absurd. I thought the AAA was trying to get schools in conferences closer to each other. The way it looks to me they are farther than they were before they were changed. I guess they will still play two conferences against  each other, which will make it even worse.
The current cycle with blended conferences was the superintendents wished for shorter travel, by increasing the availability of schools within shorter distances.
However, nobody likes that.  Too many folks complaining about having meaningless conference games, not getting play teams in your district until you get to the tournament, etc.

So, the supes get together and come up with another idea to make everyone happy and the AAA approves it, cause it's what the supes want, and next year we will have this new conference alignment, which in no way was promoted as a way to save on travel, but to put teams back into conferences that only include teams which will be in your classification and district tournaments.

So, now we can all bellache about it, just like we did the previous 20 cycles of reclassification.

iRebound

That's right. This also came with a change of reclassification numbers to bring more teams into classifications to attempt to cut travel.

Nomad1324

Nope, the blend is done. Your conference is your district, end of story.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas