• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman Improvement

Started by Jimbo Morphis, December 14, 2017, 10:18:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimbo Morphis

Interested in what caused the huge improvement. This weekend on tv will be the first time I've watched them. Is it the new coach, new talent, or both?

southarkdaddy

M.I. D

Foreman has always had some talent. They have more now than usual. They have good coaching and a system that is working.

couch-coach06

No doubt coach king is a huge part of it .. but this group " primarily " the junior class has been makeing noise all through pewee and junior high coach king was able too develope this year's senior class into a quality group as well.  We should be able too compete for conference championships for at least the next 3 -4 years ... We do loose about 10 or 12 seniors off this team but I think next year could be another really good year for the gators as the freshman class moving up is stocked with good linemen also the sophmores from this season got plenty of reps behind the seniors and juniors as most of our games were over at the half ! It's a great time too be a gator ... Also I should mention when you have a once in a generation player such  as batey at the 2a level good things happen!

Ghostof64

Coach King staying in and calling plays the entire time will be a huge improvement against Ida. The defense coach who i am guessing called the O plays after King got tossed against Ida got a little excited and was repetitive. Nothing against the guy now he calls great plays on defense it just seemed he was a bit flustered in the heat of the moment on offense and didn't mix it up well.

Eslim03

I told everyone on this forum two years ago about a storm cloud brewing in the southwest part of the state. Now that the cloud has arrived it brings thunder and lightning and rains down on opponents.

stuck in between

I would definitely say both. Coach King has done a great job. He holds his guys accountable and he builds young men not just ball players. Sticking around this year has proved beneficial for both him and the team. I'm late to the party so to speak not moving here until the end of 2015, but I am very pleased to say my son plays for him. He does have an abundance of talent to work with. Talent runs in cycles especially in 2-A ball. I think it is just perfect timing for both him and the players. Having Batey on your side of the ball is also a big plus, but there is talent all around him. Simply put right now is a good time to be a Gator.     

Redlinebacker32

Was coach King previously at Paris before he came to Foreman?

KOJACK

Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2017, 10:18:55 am
Interested in what caused the huge improvement. This weekend on tv will be the first time I've watched them. Is it the new coach, new talent, or both?
They are more talented than I have ever seen them. They have a couple guys that I'm guessing are the fastest in 2A. I saw them at a track meet last year and they could fly...and King is solid

Ghostof64

Quote from: stuck in between on December 14, 2017, 11:05:12 am
I would definitely say both. Coach King has done a great job. He holds his guys accountable and he builds young men not just ball players. Sticking around this year has proved beneficial for both him and the team. I'm late to the party so to speak not moving here until the end of 2015, but I am very pleased to say my son plays for him. He does have an abundance of talent to work with. Talent runs in cycles especially in 2-A ball. I think it is just perfect timing for both him and the players. Having Batey on your side of the ball is also a big plus, but there is talent all around him. Simply put right now is a good time to be a Gator.   
He has done a great job! Now with #5 on Forman speed now... I will place money that #5 from Ida 2 years ago can outrun him right now an he's out of shape. There is absolutely no comparison if you have saw them both run.

Dr. Defense

King is a great coach....that is a huge part in my opinion

KOJACK

Quote from: Redlinebacker32 on December 14, 2017, 11:10:21 am
Was coach King previously at Paris before he came to Foreman?
No, Horatio I think

Dr. Defense

couch-coach06

Quote from: Ghostof64 on December 14, 2017, 11:14:01 am
He has done a great job! Now with #5 on Forman speed now... I will place money that #5 from Ida 2 years ago can outrun him right now an he's out of shape. There is absolutely no comparison if you have saw them both run.

The Lowery kid? He was good but idk about all that.

stuck in between

He was at Parkers Chapel and Horatio. Both of which experienced some of their highest success under him. Playing Foreman while at Horatio definitely gave him a good view of the talent Foreman had coming up.

Eslim03

I don't know the kid your referencing but a 20 year old not in shape has no chance running a race against Batey.

GatorBall

I would put money on that one!!! I remember when the juniors now we're in the 9th grade and we played you guys in Foreman. Batey was the fastest kid on the field then too. I've been coaching that kid for years and can't remember him ever being on any field, baseball or football, where he wasn't the fastest kid on the field.

Ghostof64

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 14, 2017, 11:32:09 am

I don't know the kid your referencing but a 20 year old not in shape has no chance running a race against Batey.
He isn't 20 yet. And look at the film from year before last.

Eslim03

Quote from: Ghostof64 on December 14, 2017, 11:39:18 am
He isn't 20 yet. And look at the film from year before last.

Is this speed demon playing college ball or sitting on your couch playing x-box? Geez I won't get into the forty time discussion but batey's 100 meter times as a sophomore is documented and those times are sub 11 second times.

Ghostof64

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 14, 2017, 11:52:52 am

Is this speed demon playing college ball or sitting on your couch playing x-box? Geez I won't get into the forty time discussion but batey's 100 meter times as a sophomore is documented and those times are sub 11 second times.
Well he went and played baseball in college. But the Forga kid from Ida last years times were still faster than Batey's times weren't they? Not taking anything away from the young man now he is still a burner. Just asking...

couch-coach06

Idk what forga ran but forga didn't have a better time at the state meet keep in mind batey was a soph when all of the times he has recorded took place .. the Lowery kid was very fast " I still don't think faster than batey" but he was also much lighter than batey if I remember right

Eslim03

December 14, 2017, 12:27:58 pm #21 Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 01:27:01 pm by Eslim03
Quote from: Ghostof64 on December 14, 2017, 12:02:21 pm
Well he went and played baseball in college. But the Forga kid from Ida last years times were still faster than Batey's times weren't they? Not taking anything away from the young man now he is still a burner. Just asking...

Well I know batey's time in prelims at the state meet was the fastest in the 100 all year but he tweaked his hampstring and ended up 3 in the finals. He did not compete in the 200 but if you would do a little research on track times last year it's documented. I'm pretty sure he ran a 10.99 in the pre-lims then a 11.26 in the finals of the state track meet.

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 14, 2017, 12:06:16 pm
Idk what forga ran but forga didn't have a better time at the state meet keep in mind batey was a soph when all of the times he has recorded took place .. the Lowery kid was very fast " I still don't think faster than batey" but he was also much lighter than batey if I remember right
I don't believe being lighter than Batey has anything to do with who is faster. Fast is fast, right?

couch-coach06

Well I doubt they were faster but if they were it doesn't matter batey will be the fastest kid on the field tommorow will it make a dang ?  I sure hope so ! We will find out tommorow night though ! ( And yes I'm aware it didn't matter last time)

Eslim03

We got off kilter for a moment but my take on foreman's improvement is coach king being a great coach, having excellent talent and coach ivory is definitely a asset as is all the staff. Coach king has built a brotherhood amongst these young men that will teach life lessons and last a lifetime. I too couldn't be happier for my three boys to play for coach king, the staff and represent the entire community of foreman. This season will never be forgotten.

beach bum

The RB from Foreman looks like a man child playing among 2A players... That's the answer.

stuck in between

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 14, 2017, 06:13:44 pm
We got off kilter for a moment but my take on foreman's improvement is coach king being a great coach, having excellent talent and coach ivory is definitely a asset as is all the staff. Coach king has built a brotherhood amongst these young men that will teach life lessons and last a lifetime. I too couldn't be happier for my three boys to play for coach king, the staff and represent the entire community of foreman. This season will never be forgotten.

Yeah, what he said.

whoknows

Foreman is like most 2A schools...they go thru spurts in talent...this time it's Batey...couple years back is was Javaria Forbes...then back before that it was Cedric Kearse...not sure on the spelling of a couple of those...

Eslim03

You left several off but you are from Dierks so that will explain it. All those guys are game breakers but this gator team is full of athletes that could start in most situations in our conference. I respect Dierks and their accomplishments

whoknows

Quote from: Eslim03 on December 14, 2017, 11:34:24 pm
You left several off but you are from Dierks so that will explain it. All those guys are game breakers but this gator team is full of athletes that could start in most situations in our conference. I respect Dierks and their accomplishments

Don't misunderstand me...I'm not saying that most years you don't have talented kids...what I'm saying is it comes in spurts when you have a team full of talent...unless your Barton of the old days or modern day Junction City...

Wantobe

A lot of the improvement can be attributed to the experience gained by the staff and the players since the last game. You have to remember that Foreman has a head coach that's only in his second season with this team, and what hasn't been mentioned, is that his assistants are all in their first year with this organization. They have literally doubled their experience since Oct 13. This coach and his assistants are very knowledgeable guys and now they have been given a little more time to work their magic into the plays. You add that to the talent and skill that the team possesses this year and it's a very good combination (if you're a gator fan). This group would have been good this year with any coach, but this staff has pushed them to where they are.

Lions84

Congratulations on the State Title!

bleudog

Quote from: Ghostof64 on December 14, 2017, 10:47:22 am
Coach King staying in and calling plays the entire time will be a huge improvement against Ida. The defense coach who i am guessing called the O plays after King got tossed against Ida got a little excited and was repetitive. Nothing against the guy now he calls great plays on defense it just seemed he was a bit flustered in the heat of the moment on offense and didn’t mix it up well.

What did King get ejected for?

Quote from: stuck in between on December 14, 2017, 11:27:56 am
He was at Parkers Chapel and Horatio. Both of which experienced some of their highest success under him. Playing Foreman while at Horatio definitely gave him a good view of the talent Foreman had coming up.

What years was he at PC?   

eldofan

Backwoods Bart

Nothing against the Gators coaches, but coaching had little to do with the success that they had in the playoff run.
One thing that stood out when I saw them in round 2, was their athleticism on both sides of the ball. They just had it at more positions than most every other team, bottom line. I mentioned after round 2, they had some horses!
I do credit to coaches for developing that Talent down the stretch though.

couch-coach06

So no one moved batey back too qb at half time of the bearden game ? Or game planned too hold Ida too 21 when we have 36 earlier in the year ok gotcha ..

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 19, 2017, 08:06:47 am
So no one moved batey back too qb at half time of the bearden game ? Or game planned too hold Ida too 21 when we have 36 earlier in the year ok gotcha ..

That's his job.... without a Batey to move around, it wouldn't have mattered. That's all......

southarkdaddy

yeah taking an 0-10 team to state champs in 2 years has nothing to do with coaching. 

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: southarkdaddy on December 19, 2017, 09:59:48 am
yeah taking an 0-10 team to state champs in 2 years has nothing to do with coaching.

You guys make it sound like the coaching staff carried the players on their backs.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on December 19, 2017, 01:12:02 pm
You guys make it sound like the coaching staff carried the players on their backs.

1-9 to 25-5 and state champs.  Does Foreman have some players?  Sure.  Are they the most talented team in the state?  Probably not.  Whats the difference.  Foreman got them a good football coach to go with their good players.  Give credit where its due. 

couch-coach06

It's more than just being good football players it's buying into a system. . summer practice, weight room, staying focused through 16 weeks of games and off weeks , I have only lived in foreman about 9 years in my time I have seen some bad times in those times none of the above was very good. . obviously we didn't have the tallent we have now but we have always had some good skill guys around. . but we didn't always have coaches that could get guys too buy into the extra work .. you don't just break the pads out in August and go win football games .. coach king showed these boys what winning was like he believed in them and them in him ..tallent always makes or breaks coaches but I honestly believe as long as coach king is here we will never be the whipping boy again... We obviously want contend for championship every year but I think we will be in the playoffs conversation more often than not !

GatorBall

December 20, 2017, 02:59:04 pm #41 Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:01:10 pm by GatorBall
Quote from: southarkdaddy on December 19, 2017, 02:00:10 pm
1-9 to 25-5 and state champs.  Does Foreman have some players?  Sure.  Are they the most talented team in the state?  Probably not.  Whats the difference.  Foreman got them a good football coach to go with their good players.  Give credit where its due.

Quote from: southarkdaddy on December 13, 2017, 08:53:06 am
I've got no dog in the fight and I'll say it.  Championship has been won.  Ida will dominate Foreman again.

Where did all of this support come from SouthArk? Last week you were basically saying we weren't any good at all!! Saying that Ida has already won the championship before the game was even played!

My bet is that you had not even seen Foreman play at the time you had said that...

southarkdaddy

You are correct.  I had seen the score from Mt Ida and Foreman the first time.  That's why they play the game. 

And I'm not giving support.  I'm saying these parents on here that think their kids are just so amazing that they would have been this successful with any coach is asinine.  Coach King deserves a lot of credit for what yall have been able to accomplish. 

GatorBall

Quote from: southarkdaddy on December 20, 2017, 03:13:11 pm
You are correct.  I had seen the score from Mt Ida and Foreman the first time.  That's why they play the game. 

And I'm not giving support.  I'm saying these parents on here that think their kids are just so amazing that they would have been this successful with any coach is asinine.  Coach King deserves a lot of credit for what yall have been able to accomplish.

I agree! Coach King and all of the coaches have done a great job! Coach Ivory was very instrumental as well in our improvement on defense. Which if we hadn't played well could have ended up the same way as our last meeting.

More than anything I was just trying to find out if you had even watched Foreman play before you had made such a BOLD prediction about the State Championship game. Yes, you are right, that's why they play the game. But you can't always come to a conclusion about how good or how bad a team is unless you have actually seen them play!

Really nice to see a person admit when they were wrong, though. Kudos!!

paraloma

Batey.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: paraloma on December 20, 2017, 03:30:05 pm
Batey.
Did he play last year? He was for sure a difference maker.

GatorBall

Quote from: paraloma on December 20, 2017, 03:30:05 pm
Batey.

Batey did an OUTSTANDING job! I don't think anyone will debate that but to hold a team like Mt Ida to 14 points (other than the busted play TD Foreman gave up at the end) in 3 1/2 quarters was a TEAM effort! Which was because of team talent on defense and coaching.

GatorBall

Quote from: Oldman on December 20, 2017, 03:33:53 pm

Yes. Most of the Foreman posters on here have been trying to tell everyone that would listen how special Batey was but really nobody would listen....well except the people that had seen him play before. He has been just as special (if not more) in several games we have played this year. Go ask Bearden, Mineral Springs or even Danville. He went crazy in Danville!!

couch-coach06

Quote from: Oldman on December 20, 2017, 03:33:53 pm

As a soph he had 1212 yards on 92 carries .. we had a really good senior qb and a really good senior full back that got most of the carries

As a jr (this year ) 2043 on 160 carries .. most of those carries we're in the playoffs .. most of the regular season he didn't have too carry it more than 10 times a game ..

I would expect those carries too increase again as a senior

Redzone

Foreman Gators #1 football team in state

#1 rushing offense in state (All classifications)
5000+ yds rushing
75 tds
9.1 yds per carry

#1 defense in state (All classifications)
#1 in state for tackles for loss and 3rd in the NATION (245 TFL)

Copied form Coach Ivory's Facebook

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas