• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mt. Ida vs Foreman at THE ROCK!!

Started by whoknows, December 08, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who yall got?

Mt. Ida
74 (67.3%)
Foreman
36 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Voting closed: December 12, 2017, 10:43:05 pm

couch-coach06

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 10, 2017, 10:55:46 am
I said this same thing last year when Mt Ida made it to the finals. Here goes again.

There is one key and one key only to Foreman winning this game. STOP THE DIVE. If Foreman does that they win if they can't consistently then they lose. It's that simple.

I think getting batey in space will also be key I'd like for him to carry or receive the ball at least 30 times

Lionsquatch

Foreman is definitely better than they were week 7. They have improved after the Ida game the same way Ida improved after the Dierks game last year. But with that Ida is completely healthy and 2 players that were hurt early on in the week 7 matchup are back and ready for another chance at the gators. I'm hoping both teams stay focused and are able to play a clean game so there are no excuses for either team. Congrats to the Gators for their best season in school history! (as far as I know) Both teams have proven how underestimated the 7 is

tmycjy

Just went threw the numbers this is how it will go
This is just for fun this my pick for 2A state tittle

Mount Ida 28
Foreman   21

tacklethis...

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 10, 2017, 12:06:43 pm
I think getting batey in space will also be key I'd like for him to carry or receive the ball at least 30 times

If you can't stop Mt Ida's offense you may not get 30 quality snaps.

couch-coach06

December 10, 2017, 01:21:32 pm #54 Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:52:56 pm by couch-coach06
Quote from: tacklethis... on December 10, 2017, 01:14:50 pm
If you can't stop Mt Ida's offense you may not get 30 quality snaps.

We ran 42 offensive plays in the first one .  I was exaggerating on 30 maybe.    But I'm the coach he is getting the rock early and often

Maynard G Krebs

Met 3 Mt. Ida players at yesterday's state 4A championship game.  Very polite and nice young men.  I wish them luck this Friday.

The Beast Of 08

This won't be a game. Unfortunately for everybody in the state the 2 best 2A teams played last week and Ida proved they were the better team. This is just an example of AAA having terrible foresight.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on December 10, 2017, 06:39:21 pm
This won't be a game. Unfortunately for everybody in the state the 2 best 2A teams played last week and Ida proved they were the better team. This is just an example of AAA having terrible foresight.

AAA did it's part....Earle just decided to play inelgible players

jsw6f0

Is Foreman staying in Little Rock Thursday night?

Hgalum50

Quote from: lionsdad on December 10, 2017, 09:30:31 am
The officiating at CHG was the worst I've seen in a long time. They kept CHG in the game. Bad calls or no calls at critical times. Somehow the Lions overcame it. Great teams do. I really hope there's no controversy with officiating this time around. Looking forward to a clean game.
You know obvious holding penalties against Ida gave them first downs that our defense couldn't afford, but thats none of my business. Anyways yall are there we ain't so good luck to Ida. Either way it goes yalls kids are well coach and are very respectful.

lionsdad

Quote from: Hgalum50 on December 10, 2017, 08:13:34 pm
You know obvious holding penalties against Ida gave them first downs that our defense couldn't afford, but thats none of my business. Anyways yall are there we ain't so good luck to Ida. Either way it goes yalls kids are well coach and are very respectful.
The first touchdown run by HG was very well held, uh I mean blocked, but they got by with it all night. Our kids got called for holding plenty of times. The 8 yard run that was marked as a one yard run was freaking ridiculous. The chain gang guys trying to give Coach White advice is hilarious, but that's none of my business.😂

Mr. Trill

Hgalum50

Quote from: lionsdad on December 10, 2017, 08:45:16 pm
The first touchdown run by HG was very well held, uh I mean blocked, but they got by with it all night. Our kids got called for holding plenty of times. The 8 yard run that was marked as a one yard run was freaking ridiculous. The chain gang guys trying to give Coach White advice is hilarious, but that's none of my business.😂
Man i'm joking with you I agree it was a sharty called game. Ida is a good team well deserving. I like to see good football no matter who it is,  even though i always want HG to win. I just wish sometimes the refs would let them play them game when they do the opposite and ruin it by throwing some pointless flags.

couch-coach06

couch-coach06

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on December 10, 2017, 06:39:21 pm

Yawn

GatorBall

jsw6f0

I think Conway Christian was better than CHG. The 2 best teams are playing Friday night at WMS for the championship of the 7AA invitational tournament.

couch-coach06

Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 10, 2017, 09:54:48 pm
I think Conway Christian was better than CHG. The 2 best teams are playing Friday night at WMS for the championship of the 7AA invitational tournament.

Yes sir .. I believe the stats back this up as well

ISU7

owl84

Do anybody know if the game is going to be on TV Friday night?

sheepdawg92

December 11, 2017, 08:45:04 am #70 Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:53:02 am by sheepdawg92
Quote from: jsw6f0 on December 10, 2017, 09:54:48 pm
I don't know about that I think Earle is one of the two best team but they make bone-head mistake or cheated, and they say foreman know it they couldn't beat Earle. I hope foreman ready to score 8 touchdowns thats what's it going to take to beat Mount Ida and the refs at WMS. I'm telling you they least going call back four or five them touchdowns back.

couch-coach06

Two best defense in the state .   And that wins championships

OLionSwag74

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 10, 2017, 02:45:16 pm
Met 3 Mt. Ida players at yesterday's state 4A championship game.  Very polite and nice young men.  I wish them luck this Friday.
were they on Ark's side?

The Beast Of 08

Rida4Life

I like Coach King and Foreman's chances in a rematch. 

GatorBall

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on December 11, 2017, 09:05:25 am
Truth hurts...

Well stupidity hurts too which is what your comments really are!! Or should I say SOUR GRAPES!! Which is what your comments really are because your sitting at home watching the playoffs instead of being in them. Your basing your entire argument on the supposedly superiority of the "8-2A". Well, has is dawned on your little feeble mind that the 8 isn't as dominant this year as is has been in the past? Evidently not!! So lets just make ourselves feel better by belittling a team that is actually playing in the state championship game!!! Yeah, 8 is still good! Yeah, you guys had a good team! But what put you on the map was beating Rison and it turns out Rison doesn't make it out of the second round. And oh yeah, the team that put them out (Danville) we beat them 51-6. So maybe, just maybe we deserve a chance to play for the title. Does that mean we will win, who knows, but we definitely deserve a chance to be in Little Rock this Friday Night! Regardless of whether or not you think so!!

And by the way, I can prove at least one of your comments is wrong and if I can do that then all of the others become suspect. You stated, "Unfortunately for everybody in the state the 2 best 2A teams played last week." Well, I can think of at least one town that disagrees with you....I don't know, maybe FOREMAN!!

tacklethis...

Quote from: GatorBall on December 11, 2017, 09:51:57 am
Well stupidity hurts too which is what your comments really are!! Or should I say SOUR GRAPES!! Which is what your comments really are because your sitting at home watching the playoffs instead of being in them. Your basing your entire argument on the supposedly superiority of the "8-2A". Well, has is dawned on your little feeble mind that the 8 isn't as dominant this year as is has been in the past? Evidently not!! So lets just make ourselves feel better by belittling a team that is actually playing in the state championship game!!! Yeah, 8 is still good! Yeah, you guys had a good team! But what put you on the map was beating Rison and it turns out Rison doesn't make it out of the second round. And oh yeah, the team that put them out (Danville) we beat them 51-6. So maybe, just maybe we deserve a chance to play for the title. Does that mean we will win, who knows, but we definitely deserve a chance to be in Little Rock this Friday Night! Regardless of whether or not you think so!!

And by the way, I can prove at least one of your comments is wrong and if I can do that then all of the others become suspect. You stated, "Unfortunately for everybody in the state the 2 best 2A teams played last week." Well, I can think of at least one town that disagrees with you....I don't know, maybe FOREMAN!!

Calm your nerves, it's a long time till Friday. You will never make it at this rate...

stuck in between

Looks like Mount Ida is giving up 9.9 points per game and forcing 43.1
On the other side Foreman is allowing 10.6 and scoring 44.7
Man, it can't get a whole lot closer than that.

GatorBall

Quote from: tacklethis... on December 11, 2017, 11:31:17 am
Calm your nerves, it's a long time till Friday. You will never make it at this rate...

LOL, I know!! Sometimes (most of the time) I let these jerks take me to a place I don't want to go when they start insulting our kids. It gets on my nerve REAL quick!! I'm trying to get better and not let those guys get me worked up but like Al Pacino says it in Godfather III, "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in!"

tacklethis...

Quote from: GatorBall on December 11, 2017, 01:02:08 pm
LOL, I know!! Sometimes (most of the time) I let these jerks take me to a place I don't want to go when they start insulting our kids. It gets on my nerve REAL quick!! I'm trying to get better and not let those guys get me worked up but like Al Pacino says it in Godfather III, "Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in!"

I just woke from long nap.

The Beast Of 08

Quote from: GatorBall on December 11, 2017, 01:02:08 pm

Oh I never insulted your kids...I wouldn't do that. Only person throwing insults around is you. You're mad because I said this won't be a game. I am basing that off of a game that you played earlier this year against the exact same team...your team got beat badly. That's not insulting your kids...that's speaking truth. As far as me basing my opinion off of the dominance of the 8AA...I have said all season that I believe Hampton and Rison to be overrated. You can go back and look at posts where they got about as angry with me as you just did. I'm not into the whole conference supremacy thing..I wish every team in CHG's conference could find a way to lose every game.

GatorBall

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on December 11, 2017, 02:00:39 pm
Oh I never insulted your kids...I wouldn't do that. Only person throwing insults around is you. You're mad because I said this won't be a game. I am basing that off of a game that you played earlier this year against the exact same team...your team got beat badly. That's not insulting your kids...that's speaking truth. As far as me basing my opinion off of the dominance of the 8AA...I have said all season that I believe Hampton and Rison to be overrated. You can go back and look at posts where they got about as angry with me as you just did. I'm not into the whole conference supremacy thing..I wish every team in CHG's conference could find a way to lose every game.

No sir you didn't come out and insult them directly but you saying they don't deserve to be there is an insult in itself. These kids have busted their BUTT to get where they are just like the kids at CHG did. If you want to tell all of your kids that they are the 2nd best team in 2A, then I'm all for that!! Go for it!! It's just an opinion, everyone's got one! But when you come onto a thread that was setup to talk about Foreman & Mt Ida just to say that one of those other team doesn't belong there then your not trying to encourage or build your kids up. Your trying to dismiss ours. And that I have a problem with!!! By the way, how can you be so certain that you guys are better then Foreman? You haven't played us. And you guys only scored 14 on Mt Ida. So, its not like you had them against the ropes. Everything that I've read and heard leads me to believe Conway Christian was the REAL semi-finals on your side!!

On your comment, "I wish every team in CHG's conference could find a way to lose every game." That is hilarious! I can definitely relate to that!

tacklethis...

Quote from: GatorBall on December 11, 2017, 02:44:11 pm
No sir you didn't come out and insult them directly but you saying they don't deserve to be there is an insult in itself. These kids have busted their BUTT to get where they are just like the kids at CHG did. If you want to tell all of your kids that they are the 2nd best team in 2A, then I'm all for that!! Go for it!! It's just an opinion, everyone's got one! But when you come onto a thread that was setup to talk about Foreman & Mt Ida just to say that one of those other team doesn't belong there then your not trying to encourage or build your kids up. Your trying to dismiss ours. And that I have a problem with!!! By the way, how can you be so certain that you guys are better then Foreman? You haven't played us. And you guys only scored 14 on Mt Ida. So, its not like you had them against the ropes. Everything that I've read and heard leads me to believe Conway Christian was the REAL semi-finals on your side!!

On your comment, "I wish every team in CHG's conference could find a way to lose every game." That is hilarious! I can definitely relate to that!

Blood pressure....

Old Scrapper

Has Foreman improved enough to cover the 29 point loss from earlier in the season?
Seems like a lot of ground has to be made up on Foreman's side to make this a game, I'm sure Mount Ida is a tad better since that meeting also.

GatorBall

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 11, 2017, 03:02:17 pm
Has Foreman improved enough to cover the 29 point loss from earlier in the season?
Seems like a lot of ground has to be made up on Foreman's side to make this a game, I'm sure Mount Ida is a tad better since that meeting also.

We will see...

Ghostof64

Nobody has insulted the Foreman players. I believe you just like being a "Drama Queen".

whoknows

GatorBall

Quote from: Ghostof64 on December 11, 2017, 03:07:50 pm
Nobody has insulted the Foreman players. I believe you just like being a "Drama Queen".

LOL...coming from you that's hilarious!! You have never said one intelligent thing on Fearless....EVER!!! In fact, you spend more time trying to stir things up.

Quick, say something smart so you can at least hold your hat on saying one thing that was accurate!!! lol

GatorBall

The Beast Of 08

The only common opponent the Gators and Hornets faced was Mt. Ida. Ya'll got beat by 29..Grove got beat by 13 (The last 6 of that came from HG going for it on 4th and 20 from their own 15-20 yard line and Ida punching it in from there)  I don't disagree that Foreman deserves to be in the finals. They did everything they had to do to get there... including being lucky enough to be on that side of the bracket away from Grove and Ida and Earle having to forfeit. I do wish y'all good luck though as I'm sure everybody wants to see a good game.

Eslim03

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on December 11, 2017, 04:36:58 pm
The only common opponent the Gators and Hornets faced was Mt. Ida. Ya'll got beat by 29..Grove got beat by 13 (The last 6 of that came from HG going for it on 4th and 20 from their own 15-20 yard line and Ida punching it in from there)  I don't disagree that Foreman deserves to be in the finals. They did everything they had to do to get there... including being lucky enough to be on that side of the bracket away from Grove and Ida and Earle having to forfeit. I do wish y'all good luck though as I'm sure everybody wants to see a good game.

Look here you do realize Foreman beat a fully healthy and ready to go Bearden team... not like the one y'all played in the season and this team was probably better than their seeding indicated. You also know nothing about our meeting with Ida earlier so just be proud of your team and keep the Foreman Gators out of your mouth please.

GatorBall

Quote from: The Beast Of 08 on December 11, 2017, 04:36:58 pm

Gotcha! You have your reasoning in why you guys feel that your one of the best teams and we have ours. Right now, we still have a chance to prove that we are. Time will tell.

Eslim03

Now then with that said let's get this thread back on track. Foreman has been playing on a very high level before the week suspension of the games. The Salem game was a little slower than we all expected but the defense looked stout again. I'm expecting a bit of a defensive battle this week. Cause we all know Ida is stout in that department too!!!

Hogman2018

I just came by the stadium here in Texarkana and I saw Foreman practicing on our field to get used to the turf!! Good luck to Foreman and one of ours Coach Ivory!!

couch-coach06

GatorBall

Quote from: Hogman2018 on December 11, 2017, 05:59:19 pm
I just came by the stadium here in Texarkana and I saw Foreman practicing on our field to get used to the turf!! Good luck to Foreman and one of ours Coach Ivory!!

Coach Ivory has done a GREAT job for us!! So glad he came!!

SWAT11

Mt Ida has beaten the number 2,3, 5, and 8 in AA.

Foreman has beaten 9 and 10 in AA.

Foreman had a much easier road than Mt. Ida. Besides Conway Christian, nobody has really gave them much trouble. Even Harmony Grove only had 70 something yards at half according to the radio. If Mt. Ida comes to play and do what they been doing, I can see them handling this one as well. Their season low is 27. Season high given up is 28. In 14 games.

Foreman is making history in first appearance. Great tough quarterback. They will have to capitalize on Mt Ida mistakes if there are any and have several more big plays, more than the one that they had in first meeting, to win.

couch-coach06

Quote from: GatorBall on December 11, 2017, 07:20:45 pm
Coach Ivory has done a GREAT job for us!! So glad he came!!

I'll give this an AMEN ... And I can't wait too see what he has in store for us on the defensive side of the ball Friday .. he really studies the game

couch-coach06

Quote from: SWAT11 on December 11, 2017, 07:49:20 pm
Mt Ida has beaten the number 2,3, 5, and 8 in AA.

Foreman has beaten 9 and 10 in AA.

Foreman had a much easier road than Mt. Ida. Besides Conway Christian, nobody has really gave them much trouble. Even Harmony Grove only had 70 something yards at half according to the radio. If Mt. Ida comes to play and do what they been doing, I can see them handling this one as well. Their season low is 27. Season high given up is 28. In 14 games.

Foreman is making history in first appearance. Great tough quarterback. They will have to capitalize on Mt Ida mistakes if there are any and have several more big plays, more than the one that they had in first meeting, to win.

Funny thing is everyone thought our side of the bracket was the strong side when it started ..

whoknows

These Foreman guys are chippy...not sure what they were expecting...I listened to your game against Ida on the radio...you guys shot yourself in the foot time after time...all credit to mt Ida as great teams create opportunities...I myself think Mt Ida has had the tougher road to the finals...but there's no doubt Foreman is a better team than the one who traveled to Mt Ida earlier in the season...but who's to say the lions aren't much improved...

However I will say this...in 2005 when Dierks made it to the rock...they traveled to Smackover in week 2 and lost 14-13 on a missed 2pt conversion...then in week 13 Smackover traveled to Dierks and the Outlaws smacked the bucs around I believe 41-18...so it can happen...and just to cover my back side (Mineral Springs beat Dierks 42-7)...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas