• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love this.......Springdale begs for money for rings

Started by Quite Frankly, March 26, 2006, 09:00:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

warpaint

March 30, 2006, 10:44:22 pm #100 Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 08:05:42 am by warpaint
Quote from: dogfan07 on March 30, 2006, 04:30:59 pm
yes springdale was invited to go to cali so nike paid for them to fly out. all the money they had went to the banquet because of beck campbell spent around 20k on it.thats where the money went

Wrong.

Nike paid for some, not all of the players to go. Actually it was a lump some of money.

The Buttgen

this may be off topic, and random, but what do the rings look like?

waltflanagansdog

Quote from: The Buttgen on March 30, 2006, 11:05:42 pm
this may be off topic, and random, but what do the rings look like?

For the money they are asking, I bet Liberace would wear one.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: warpaint on March 30, 2006, 10:44:22 pm
yes springdale was invited to go to cali so nike paid for them to fly out. all the money they had went to the banquet because of beck campbell spent around 20k on it.thats where the money went

Wrong.

Nike paid for some, not all of the players to go. Actually it was a lump some of money.
That must have been sum lump some!

dogfan07

Quote from: warpaint on March 30, 2006, 10:44:22 pm

Wrong.

warpaint you are right that all players didnt go. some jrs like 3 and 4 stringers and the oline and dline guys didnt. but they had to raise money if you where not a skilled player to go.nike paid for every thing if you were a skilled player.

HSFBF

Years ago our PARENTS bought the rings or jackets etc. after the school gave a simple letter. Some schools gave a jacket the first year you letter only,  then letters with stripes the second and third years.
So where are the parents in all this??
If a booster club was aware of the coaches' desires for a ring, that should have been taken into account all along...
But, the administration of SHS SURELY made a LOT OF MONEY at the gate and with concession stand revenues during all those sold out games. Where is the administration's help in this matter?
Bottom line, parents-booster club-administration. The community has already contributed with admission and season tickets and spending money at the games for food and drink..
How can Arkansas' best team of all time (as some have said) be in this situation? Seems like everything went their way except thinking ahead about rings. Other schools would have given their eye teeth to have had the booster club and gate receipts that this team had!  I agree that "other communities" should not have to contribute to SHS athletic problem. I doubt many are crying about what happened.. If Walmart or Tyson chips in I am afraid a dangerous precedent will be set for future community shortcomings..
   Come on parents, buy your son a Championship ring. I know the pride is there!!! ;)

dogfan07

the booster club was drained. how many freaking times have springdale ppl have told this thread. some parents bought a 20k dollar banquet and that drained some of the money. coach johnson was thinking about getting new uni's but i don't think that will happen now. so read the comments before you say something about "wheres the booster club in all this"

ChiefChainGang

We're with you Springdale!!  You guys won and won big.....I tried to keep up with all the trash talk this past season but just couldn't hang.  Why right this very moment I'm lightin' up my best 25 cent cigar in honor of your football prowess and I'm lookin at a whole trailer (mobile home to you guys) full of pop bottles I collected on your behalf.  Mamma, Grandpa, Uncle Cephis, Aunt Jess, Carrie and her twins, Rufus and Cliff don't mind the mess cause if you guys need help we're here for ya.  Rufus's wife Charlene and her 6 kids complain some cause most of the bottles are in their corner of the bedroom.   I wrote letters to all my friends and they're collecting cans and bottles too.  As soon as I pay my phone bill and get my wall phone back on I'll make some calls.  Don't let those other guys get you down about asking fer help.  We uns here in the 6A South are wantin' to pay our due respects.  Wear them rings proud when you get em and don't let the fact you could spend 10 times more than anyone else in the state on Barbque and other what nots bother you....hear?  Get them poor boys their rings and don't ask no parents to help cause I'm sure if you're askin'....they ain't able to provide.  You'll have to met us halfway though....my truck cain't make it up that hill on the other side of Alma.  I'll meet ya at the Popeye Spinach place next Thursday about 3 o'clock.

Sincerely,

Chief and the Southern Boys

The Buttgen

Quote from: waltflanagansdog link=topic=47777.msg940377#msg940377 date=114380757
For the money they are asking, I bet Liberace would wear one.
quote]
I would hope so. The outline of a bulldog made out of diamonds, and entirely 24K gold.

waltflanagansdog

ChiefChainGang:  Thanks for the laugh this AM!

ChiefChainGang

You're welcome.......I just couldn't help myself.

bknight33

Tony the Tiger

These things don't grow on trees...

Question for DogFan07, "where's the Booster Club in all of this?"  ::)

Golfhog37

About where is the Administration on the ring matter, The Admin can not help pay for the rings that is considered a gift and they do for one they have to do for all. So they can not pay they have to be payed for by the Booster Club or the Parents or Private Donations. Also the Rings Are only 10K Rings not 24K. The reason they where trying to pay for them through the Booster Club is that all Parents might not be able to afford them. Not everone is as fortunate as other are.

ChiefChainGang

How many state championship sports has Springdale got?  Come on, every school in the state buys their kids rings when they win.....it's only a gift if you can get someone else to tote the note.  You can't tell me Springdale's budget can't support buying rings for a full football team.  That is unless you have like 300 players.  I was at the championship game....I saw all the RV's, Lexussssss, Mercedes, Suburbans, Hummers, and the folks driving them.  What's the free lunch percentage at Springdale.....what's the percapita income, whats the average property tax ?  Nevermind...I'll look it up myself.

bulldogs1159

Wow even hate us becasue of the cars some of us drive. Hey bub those kinds of cars are in every large city. And no the admin CANNOT buy rings for the teams.

ChiefChainGang

So you got 27% free lunch, 998 million in property assessment, and a 16 to 1 student teacher ratio.    PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
tell me why you can't afford to buy your own rings and I'll shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChiefChainGang

I'm sorry ....I got my figures wrong....50 % free lunch and 989 million in property value......

bulldogs1159

Aside from a few nice neighborhoods Springdale is just like any other place with low income housing and apartments. The amount of apts in Springdale is ungodly. Belive me I deal with them everyday.

footballfan-tastic

Wouldn't they be able to pay for them out of money from concessions, such as coke machine or snack machine money?  That isn't money allocated by the state dept. of Ed, ought to be ok.

ChiefChainGang

They could pay for them out of gate receipts and parking.  That money is not dedicated.  I know lights are expensive but what was the average attendance? 

dogfan07

they are thats where 10,000 came from. a bunch of the money from games like ticket sales,conesions and appeal went to the banquet. i dont no about the regular season but in playoffs 60% went to visitors and 20% to the AAA and 20% to the home team. and for the apartments sorry if i offend anyone but springdale has a very high mexican pop. that's where all the apartments go to and the don't pay for any thing like tax's and such things like. springdale has 6 neighborhoods that i can think of off the top of my head with high income homes not counting Haber district out west.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: exorcist on April 07, 2006, 08:52:17 am
Wouldn't they be able to pay for them out of money from concessions, such as coke machine or snack machine money? That isn't money allocated by the state dept. of Ed, ought to be ok.
Quote from: ChiefChainGang on April 07, 2006, 11:24:43 am
They could pay for them out of gate receipts and parking. That money is not dedicated. I know lights are expensive but what was the average attendance?
Then complain about every other school that has to raise money for the rings. Surprise surprise people its not just a Springdale thing. Ask Southside 2002. No one made a huff about it then.

dogfan07

they are just saying stuff like this b/c we had this great yr and everyone is trying to find away to blast springdale aabout something.so they found this

Bogey

Where is the booster club in all of this?   ;)

Just a suggestion, why not talk to the Hooten's about buying these rings?

olddog79

Quote from: Bogey on April 10, 2006, 03:39:45 pm
Where is the booster club in all of this? ;)

Go back and read the first 4 pages or so. The answer is in there somewhere.

Bogey

Quote from: olddog79 on April 10, 2006, 05:15:43 pm
Quote from: Bogey on April 10, 2006, 03:39:45 pm
Where is the booster club in all of this? ;)

Go back and read the first 4 pages or so. The answer is in there somewhere.

LOL....I know, I was just trying to add a little humor to an obvious heated discussion.

harborwho13

well were gettin our rings tommrrow so nobody can make fun of sdale on this board anymore

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: harborwho13 on April 11, 2006, 12:54:24 pm
well were gettin our rings tommrrow so nobody can make fun of sdale on this board anymore
You are one quick witted kid!

Bogey

Regardless, I don't remember an add in the Central Arkansas edition of the Demozette asking for donations to buy Little Rock Central's rings, JA Fair's
rings or Cabot's rings.

Tony the Tiger

Quote from: Bogey on April 11, 2006, 01:59:22 pm
Regardless, I don't remember an add in the Central Arkansas edition of the Demozette asking for donations to buy Little Rock Central's rings, JA Fair's
rings or Cabot's rings.
Not that big of a deal at Central ;)

Bogey

Quote from: Tony the Tiger on April 11, 2006, 02:06:55 pm
Quote from: Bogey on April 11, 2006, 01:59:22 pm
rings or Cabot's rings.
Not that big of a deal at Central ;)

Easy now!  ;)

bknittin

Notice he says "were gettin our rings", but his screen name is harborwho13. Has he defected before the ring ceremony?

Bogey

all the money they had went to the banquet because of beck campbell spent around 20k on it.thats where the money went

In all seriousness, what did they spend $20,000.00 on for a banquet!?

olddog79

Quote from: Bogey on April 11, 2006, 02:22:15 pm
all the money they had went to the banquet because of beck campbell spent around 20k on it.thats where the money went

one word.....STRIPPERS!

Ultimate Authority

dogfan07

oh ya you should of saw her dang gum.it was a sight to see.dont no but the dinner wasnt worth it tho.

GrizzlyCarnes6

backdoor23

Quote from: bknittin on April 11, 2006, 02:12:53 pm

Notice he says "were gettin our rings", but his screen name is harborwho13. Has he defected before the ring ceremony?

He's making fun of Har-Ber... nice try but just a wee bit short

Bogey

Quote from: olddog79 on April 11, 2006, 03:38:15 pm

one word.....STRIPPERS!

Bogey

one word.....STRIPPERS!

Classic!  A clap for you Olddog!

(For 10k, was she really hot, or were there just ALOT of them?)

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Bogey on April 12, 2006, 01:16:27 pm

one word.....STRIPPERS!

Classic! A clap for you Olddog!

It was a bevy. Hard to come up for air.

Bogey

Quote from: CAO MX2™© on April 12, 2006, 05:07:08 pm
Quote from: Bogey on April 12, 2006, 01:16:27 pm

one word.....STRIPPERS!

Classic! A clap for you Olddog!

It was a bevy. Hard to come up for air.

HaHaHa!!!  Harder to breathe than last August in 2-a-days!

harborwho13

guys dont let your jealousy for springdale get to u. you guys have a shot to get yur rings next year but until then why cant u just give a team the respect they deserve.

Bogey

Quote from: harborwho13 on April 14, 2006, 12:49:39 pm
guys dont let your jealousy for springdale get to u. you guys have a shot to get yur rings next year but until then why cant u just give a team the respect they deserve.

Huh?

Quite Frankly

April 16, 2006, 11:12:29 am #146 Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 11:16:48 am by Quite Frankly
Sports fans,
     I'm writing to you on behalf of the Springdale High School athletic program.  By now we are all aware of the great need to cover the expense of our needed and necessary fancy championship rings.  Despite providing our players with incredible support, attention and praise for the last 2 years it's become obvious that we need people from outside of the program to put aside their own plans to support their local high school and assist us in our Ring Fund.  Despite a couple of years of high facility upgrades and incredible community support with your money spent attending our games you simply DID NOT come through enough to satisfy the administration and the powers that run our booster club.  Despite knowing all season that a ring was going to be needed, we went ahead and put our faith in you kind people and blew all of the money we had raised through out the last few years on other things and put our blind faith in you guys to step forward and do the right thing and help our cause to buy the gaudiest rings possible for all 417 players, managers, coaches, wives, girl firends, cheerleaders and selected booster club bigwigs and secretaries.   It's time for you to do your duty!
     If you are really feeing generous, we also have other fundraisers going on for noble causes that support players and families of the football program.  Please, do not spend your money at home.  Send it to us! 
     I'd personally like to send out a great big thank you to the basketball programs(and other sports) at SHS that allowed us to walk all over you that last few years.  We appreciate the way that you let football be the supreme focus as you put aside your own aspiriations to do things for your programs and let us spend the money on our GREAT TEAM.  Please allow me to thank you for letting us use money that might have been earmarked for the lesser sports.
     It was truly inspiring that we have been able to galvanize all of Springdale and NWA behind the Red Machine.  It's our goal to keep the program on the front of the sports page 365 days per year at the expense of all other sports and towns.

Yours Truly,

SHS Booster Club

P.S.  We are about to begin our compaign to raise funds for our trip to Ohio next year.  We feel the need to fly first class(what else?) and to stay at a 5-Star hotel with fine dining for all 188 members of the team.  Please save your tax refund so you can be ready to pay when you are called upon.

bulldogs1159

Quite Frankly

Over 6000 posts and calling me redundant?  You repeat yourself repeatedly.  Including ignoring repeated FF admin warnings regarding bandwith (with those cigars).  Check the mirror prior to making fun of a poster because we've all listen to your crap way to many times.  Looking forward to your 7000th post or original material later this week.

Ask some SHS parents that don't have football players what they think of this selfish mentality.  The 3 I know(2 basketball and 1 baseball) are sick of the selfishness.  And that my fellow poster is new material. 

Have a good Easter and good luck with the new effort to raise money from outsiders to go to Ohio.

Another attempt tp deflect anyone or anything said about the Red Machine.

bulldogs1159

Hmm trying to attack me and rehashing something that allready has its own thread? All old news. You should really take a long hard look in the mirror and try to figure out why you get all in a huff over what Springdale does.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas