• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DogsWin7

With all the crazy weather that has been going on around the nation, it takes me back to when I was in school around(50yrs) ago when the Tornado ripped thru Greenwood.  I always hate to see devastation from twisters.  I know spring is here, and I always fear the worst.  Just thought I would tell everyone to remember those devastated by Tornado's.

Any Crazy weather you remember when you where a kid?

3sportkid

My father "worked" that tornado when I was young, I remember him telling us how bad it was and then driving down from Ft. Smith to see. 

Ridge Rat

I remember 8" of snow in Searcy County in April 1978.

True Believer

I remember as a kid, we didn't have all the warnings on tv and there were no sirens.   My dad and I would stand outside and watch the sky if it was during the day.   If it was night and even the smallest storm came up, mom would herd us all down to our basement where we had cots to finish out the night.  Dad would watch the barometric pressure also and if it dropped then back to the basement.  Once a very bad storm came up and my grandfather was trying to open the door and it was just not going to open.  He yelled at us to get to the basement.  It didn't hit us but it was close to our house. 

I like today's way of alerting us of bad weather much better.   :) I just  wish I had a basement. 

DogsWin7

Seriously considered taking up the Goverment on the $3000 tax deduction or something like that to put in a Tornado Shelter.  I need one for the g-kids to come over and use.  I have to say my great granddad listened to Noah Weather, not only for weather but for the river crest reports he worked at the Lock and darn in Ozark.  Still listen to Noah Weather, cause of him.

redwolf143

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 02, 2012, 08:30:01 am
Seriously considered taking up the Goverment on the $3000 tax deduction or something like that to put in a Tornado Shelter.  I need one for the g-kids to come over and use.  I have to say my great granddad listened to Noah Weather, not only for weather but for the river crest reports he worked at the Lock and darn in Ozark.  Still listen to Noah Weather, cause of him.

filter?

DogsWin7

Quote from: redwolf143 on March 02, 2012, 08:55:08 am

filter?

ha!  you guessed it!!  i can't type.... ;D

HorseFeathers

Guessing that's just a one time deduction? Cause I have one...but it was already in teh backyard when I bought my house.

True Believer

My gosh it was so windy up here in NEA that I thought I was going to be sucked up in the air.  I went to Burger King at lunch and I couldn't see where I was going because my hair looked like an afro.   Shoulda worn a pony tail today. 

Prayers for the poor souls that have been hit by the weather.

True Believer

Prayers for all the victims from the recent storms.  I just read where the little girl found in the field has passed away.  This just breaks my heart.

God be with them all and please be with us as this next week there seem to be more in store. 

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on March 04, 2012, 05:13:09 pm
Prayers for all the victims from the recent storms.  I just read where the little girl found in the field has passed away.  This just breaks my heart.

God be with them all and please be with us as this next week there seem to be more in store.

Absolutely, may the familys find peace and lean on God during their time of sorrow.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Ridge Rat on March 01, 2012, 08:44:03 pm

I can remember building a snowman with my sister on Easter Sunday in Booneville.  It was either 1968 or 1969.

Texarkana_Piggie

When I was in 8th grade, it snowed every Wednesday for three weeks in a row and we were out we'd afternoon, Thursday and Friday for those 3 weeks.

Lions84

Quote from: Ridge Rat on March 01, 2012, 08:44:03 pm

We got about 3-6 inchs at our house North of Clarendon.

True Believer

The rain is here.  My tire is low.  Wonderful.  :(

DogsWin7

Rain is here at my house too.  Well, I guess we will be glad to have it come August when it's 103!!!!  Still miss the sunshine.  :-\

HorseFeathers

3+ inches this morning at my house...went to bed with semi-clear skies...woke up to a monsoon...was fun listening to the people whine in class this morning that it was unfair to make them go to class when it was raining though lol...

True Believer

Everyone in NWA and the River Valley, watch out!

You better start building those ARKS!   

DogsWin7

Remember the Rainbow TB?   but still don't like a lot of rain.   Be on guard for sure!

Thanks TB!

True Believer

LOL...yep the rainbow.

Still that was the entire earth.  Didn't say anything about NWA or the River Valley!

Be careful over there. 

Hoghead

The Ice Storm of 99 in Hope. I had drove up from Pensacola, Florida. Was stuck for 3 days !

True Believer

Valley,   I hope you are not on the Buffalo right now!!! 

DogsWin7

TB do you have a boat I can borrow!!!!   I'll need it if this keeps up till friday!

True Believer

No, but I have a couple of inner tubes.   :)

DogsWin7

Quote from: True Believer on March 20, 2012, 08:22:05 pm
No, but I have a couple of inner tubes.   :)

It has already rained over 2 inches and is supposed to keep raining until friday!!!! :-[

True Believer

Yikes!   Hope you have a life preserver!   I think we are going to get some rain but nothing like that side of the state.  Of course my son has gone to a river so now I am trying not to worry about him.   

My lawn did get mowed today so it can soak that rain up.  I think this is the earliest I ever remember mowing the lawn. 

True Believer

We didn't hardly get any of the down pours the first part of the week here and this morning it's storming like crazy!   But no tornadoes, thank you God!

True Believer

Man oh man!!!   It's just wonderful outside right now!!! 

DogsWin7

March 25, 2012, 03:15:06 pm #28 Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 03:20:35 pm by DiehardFBfan
I LOVE SUNSHINE!!!!! :D

Over 6,000 weather records broken according to msnbc report
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/25/10853227-march-has-meant-6000-weather-records-broken

True Believer

I'm grilling steaks.  The location is a secret.  :)

Breitontime

Have some ribeye's, brats, and burgers about to be thrown on the grill.

Broke my thumb the other day, can't pull in the clutch on the motorcycle, makes me very sad on a day like today.

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on March 25, 2012, 04:31:57 pm
I'm grilling steaks.  The location is a secret.  :)
Speaking of steaks .... next time you pass through WM --- Bourbon Street Steak House ---- best steak in the state. Go in the dog track and head upstairs .... you will thank me later.

True Believer

I will for sure try it!!! 

fastdrop

You can cut the filet with a butter knife..... really good. Medium rare is the way to go.

True Believer

We were in Memphis yesterday and I tried to get daughter to stop at the track but you know how that goes.   The princess got her way.   :)   She just HAD to get back home. 

Medium rare is the only way to have a steak IMO. 

Breitontime

Ahh, you guys overcook your steaks a bit.

True Believer

I don't want it to moo back at me. 

Breitontime

A good cut of meat, I don't do much more than sear it. I guess they call it being served bleu.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Breitontime on March 26, 2012, 10:52:59 am
A good cut of meat, I don't do much more than sear it. I guess they call it being served bleu.

It is called bleu or raw in AR!

If steaks are over cooked you can't even taste the flavor of the beef IMO. but I like it medium well.

Breitontime

That's way too done. Medium rare is the most a decent cut of meat should he cooked. Anything after that is draining massive amounts of flavor.

True Believer

Mine were med rare and they didn't need A-1 sauce.

Good stuff!

DogsWin7

If it is already 84 degrees in March it is going to be a looonnngggg Hoooooootttt Summer!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 27, 2012, 07:01:47 pm
If it is already 84 degrees in March it is going to be a looonnngggg Hoooooootttt Summer!!!

That's what I've been thinking...it's been nice to have the girls out for walks, instead of couped up in the house...but this summer is gonna be miserable..

DogsWin7

This is a MUST READ!

Tornado Warnings that Aim to scare.  Afraid with the early warm-up Tornado's will be a threat
Please read and protect yourself, family, FF friends, and everyone.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46915416/ns/weather/

Billyo62

Pool is open, water temp 77 degress ( Little nippy ) but not bad when it's sunny 85 and no wind..  gotta love it...

RD™

I am starting to get a bit worried about just "how hot" will it be this summer. Don't think I can handle 115 degrees for 30 straight days again.

True Believer

It was HUMID in San Antonio.   I mean really humid and they are really concerned about this summer too.

Good thing I can get to some cool water this summer. 

I'm sorry for those who hate the heat.   I agree that 30 days of that temp is too much and I hope it doesn't do that again but I am thinking we better get ready for it again.

DogsWin7

April 03, 2012, 04:04:50 pm #47 Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:04:54 pm by DiehardFBfan
Tornado watch for tonight in Arkansas.  Get out your Noah Weather Radio.........

thinks it been changed to Thunderstorm Watch as of now but listen to the weather.

sevenof400

Quote from: True Believer on April 01, 2012, 11:53:52 am
It was HUMID in San Antonio.   I mean really humid and they are really concerned about this summer too.

Good thing I can get to some cool water this summer. 

I'm sorry for those who hate the heat.   I agree that 30 days of that temp is too much and I hope it doesn't do that again but I am thinking we better get ready for it again.

This is your fault for wishing away the winter so much......

True Believer

No problem.   I ususally get the blame whether it's my fault or not.

I'm use to it.

This weekend is looking beautiful!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas