• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predicting new 5a conferences

Started by South Central, August 01, 2017, 04:41:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

South Central

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/CLASSIFICATION_REPORT.pdf
This is the link to enrollment. 5a should be 17-48. I'm going to assume Little Rock Christian and PA will not petition up since this doesn't have anything to do with football.

5a West- Russellville, Siloam Springs, Greenwood, Maumelle, Alma, Greenbrier, Vilonia, Mountain Home

5a East- Jonesboro, Searcy, West Memphis, Marion, Beebe, Greene County Tech, Nettleton, Paragould

5a Central- Benton, Sylvan Hills, Hall, Parkview, Fair, White Hall, Jacksonville, Pine Bluff

5a South- El Dorado, Texarkana, Lake Hamilton, Hot Springs, Lakeside, Magnolia, Sheridan, Watson Chapel

I'm not sure on the 3 Pine Bluff schools and where they could go.

Obviously if LRC comes up, Magnolia goes down and somebody from the central goes to the south.

NWA Hawg

Looks good. LRCA will go to the central. Magnolia will go to 4a and Benton will probaly be the school that bumps to the south.

tmycjy

Hey I got a question how dose this work for playoff system

Go Postal

This is what I heard from someone today about the new classifications.  I assume that this is all sports except football.  Here's a copy/paste of the new proposal from the soccer forums dated 8/3/17.

horrible proposal for new classifications passed.

Top 16 schools will now be the 6A

Next 32 5A

Next 48 4A

Everyone else 3A

Go Postal

So Magnolia would be the smallest 5A and Batesville would be the largest 4A?  Could someone double check this please.

South Central

Quote from: tmycjy on August 04, 2017, 11:50:11 am
Hey I got a question how dose this work for playoff system

Top 4 advance from each conference I think.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Go Postal on August 04, 2017, 12:24:26 pm
So Magnolia would be the smallest 5A and Batesville would be the largest 4A?  Could someone double check this please.
LR Christian will move up to 5A because of how the enrollment figures work for private schools, so Magnolia drops to 4A.

South Central

Quote from: SouthpawSensation on August 04, 2017, 01:08:18 pm
LR Christian will move up to 5A because of how the enrollment figures work for private schools, so Magnolia drops to 4A.

After the multiplier is already added, LRC is still the 63rd biggest school. I don't think they're moving up.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: South Central on August 05, 2017, 06:03:05 pm
After the multiplier is already added, LRC is still the 63rd biggest school. I don't think they're moving up.

What multiplier? Only thing the private schools get is bumped up a class from where their enrollment would naturally put them

South Central

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 05, 2017, 06:29:38 pm
What multiplier? Only thing the private schools get is bumped up a class from where their enrollment would naturally put them

Forgot they changed that rule. So technically LRC and PA should move up, unless they change a rule.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: South Central on August 05, 2017, 06:42:51 pm
Forgot they changed that rule. So technically LRC and PA should move up, unless they change a rule.
The way the basketball classes will be aligned, LR Christian has 4A numbers. So it will move up to play 5A.
Pulaski Academy, however, has only a Class 3A enrollment, so it will play in Class 4A.

1979alum

My take.

5A 18-20

East
Mtn Home, Searcy
Jonesboro, Nettleton
GCT/Paragould
West Memphis/Marion

West
Siloam Sp/Russellville
Greenwood/Alma
Vilonia/Greenbrier
LRCA/Maumelle

South
Fair/HSLH
HS/HSL
Benton/El Dorado
TxAr/Sheridan

Central
PB/Hall
PBWC/PBWH
LRPV/Jax
Sylvan Hills/Beebe

Kept PB and HS schools together and NE and NW as much as possible. 
LRCA, Maumelle, Sylvan Hills and Beebe could all swap, but doubt it.
MH stays East, instead of West. Otherwise, it's really messy.

redsport27

Sorry, this has nothing to do with the topic but White Hall is a town of its own. Yes, PB, Chapel, and WH are in the same county, but WH is WH. Just a friendly correction.

Chief_Osceola™

I've been told there's been some lobbying going on to try to keep Maumelle closer to other Central Arkansas teams.  I don't know how it will pan out, just throwing it out there.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 04, 2017, 11:46:39 am
I've been told there's been some lobbying going on to try to keep Maumelle closer to other Central Arkansas teams.  I don't know how it will pan out, just throwing it out there.
Doubt that will pan out. The AAA handbook reads that 5A must have four conferences of eight teams apiece. If Maumelle was moved to the Central, who would go to the West in its place?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas