• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Outlook

Started by DerekOxford, December 01, 2015, 01:14:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DerekOxford

Sept. 3 Louisiana Tech W
Sept. 10 at TCU L
Sept. 17 Texas State W
Sept. 24 Texas A&M W
Oct. 1 Alcorn State (LR) W
Oct. 8 Alabama L
Oct. 15 Ole Miss W
Oct. 22 at Auburn L
Nov. 5 Florida L
Nov. 12 LSU W
Nov. 19 at Mississippi St. W
Nov. 25 at Missouri W

WPWells

Quote from: DerekOxford on December 01, 2015, 01:14:06 pm
Sept. 3 Louisiana Tech W
Sept. 10 at TCU L
Sept. 17 Texas State W
Sept. 24 Texas A&M W
Oct. 8 Alabama L
Oct. 15 Ole Miss W
Oct. 22 at Auburn L
Nov. 5 Florida L
Nov. 12 LSU W
Nov. 25 at Missouri W

I don't expect a loss to TCU. They'll lose Boykin, Doctson, and most of the defense.

Also, what makes you think Auburn will get any better this offseason? And I could see us beating Bama and/or Florida in Fayetteville

DerekOxford

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 01, 2015, 01:23:56 pm
Sept. 3 Louisiana Tech W
Sept. 10 at TCU L
Sept. 17 Texas State W
Sept. 24 Texas A&M W
Oct. 8 Alabama L
Oct. 15 Ole Miss W
Oct. 22 at Auburn L
Nov. 5 Florida L
Nov. 12 LSU W
Nov. 25 at Missouri W

I don't expect a loss to TCU. They'll lose Boykin, Doctson, and most of the defense.

Also, what makes you think Auburn will get any better this offseason? And I could see us beating Bama and/or Florida in Fayetteville

This is just a rough estimate on Dec. 1. Subject to change.

TCU will still be good, but it is definitely a winnable game. That was probably the hardest one for me to pick.

Auburn will get better, I believe, because of the dual-threat QB they're bringing in. But the pressure is indeed on, on the Plains. If Gus doesn't win 9-10 next year I bet Jay Jacobs makes a move.

Florida definitely more winnable than Alabama, but if Grier is back for UF they will be pretty salty still.

HorseFeathers

Sept. 3 Louisiana Tech W
Sept. 10 at TCU L
Sept. 17 Texas State W
Sept. 24 Texas A&M W
Oct. 8 Alabama L
Oct. 15 Ole Miss W
Oct. 22 at Auburn L
Nov. 5 Florida L
Nov. 12 LSU W
Nov. 25 at Missouri W

Probably about right....

BrianfromCarlisle

Just got commitment from Devwah Whaley at Under Armour All America game

WPWells

BrianfromCarlisle

That makes this class really nice. 

BrianfromCarlisle

Agim is all over the place in this game. But they are giving all the love to Rashaun Gary. Go figure.  By my count Agim has 3 tackles already just now starting 2nd qtr.

beach bum

10-2 & 6-2 in SEC play next year, 2nd in the West behind Bama for quite a good year.

Jacketman65

If not, I'm sure we will want to fire the coach and get rid of the QB!  Haha

Lionheart88

Y'all, we may be losing a very good QB, one of the best RBs in Arkansas history, the best Tight End in the country, and two O-linemen.  (Yes, three of those are juniors, but let's look at the worst case)  That's just the offense.  That's a lot to replace.  I'd be wary of getting our hopes up too high.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on January 02, 2016, 08:11:03 pm
Y'all, we may be losing a very good QB, one of the best RBs in Arkansas history, the best Tight End in the country, and two O-linemen.  (Yes, three of those are juniors, but let's look at the worst case)  That's just the offense.  That's a lot to replace.  I'd be wary of getting our hopes up too high.

Feels a lot like last year, doesn't it?

bdubyab60

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 02, 2016, 11:42:54 am
Agim is all over the place in this game. But they are giving all the love to Rashaun Gary. Go figure.  By my count Agim has 3 tackles already just now starting 2nd qtr.
Even during the one on ones it was the same. Agim was making lineman look bad and it was just like ho hum. He looks every bit as good as any player that was out there.

BrianfromCarlisle

The only person that gave him credit was Gary!   He said he got his sacks because of the D end. Hmmmmm

AirWarren

That tcu game is a toss up. They won't be near the team they have been.

Arkansas favorite Italian will be suited up too for tcu. Vin ascolese. As hog fans melt. Also, Kenny hill will probably be their Qb. Tamu's old Qb.

bdubyab60

Hope we were on some TE's as well. Henry just announced hes going pro.

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 04, 2016, 11:00:43 am

Jeremy sprinkle.
Will Gragg.

And I believe we have three others on the roster. We are fine at that position.

ricepig

We don't need any for next season. We redshirted Gragg, O'Grady, and Cantrell, we'll be fine. What we have done is gone out and offered about 4 2017 guys who are highly rated, from coast to coast. Will we get any of them???

bdubyab60

That's good. With the way we use that position we should be able to keep it full of talented players. As well as OL.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2016, 11:54:27 am

We don't need any for next season. We redshirted Gragg, O'Grady, and Cantrell, we'll be fine. What we have done is gone out and offered about 4 2017 guys who are highly rated, from coast to coast. Will we get any of them???

O'grady and Cantrell. That's who I was missing.

We are fine at TE.

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 04, 2016, 12:48:22 pm
That's good. With the way we use that position we should be able to keep it full of talented players. As well as OL.

We are short at O-line, Bolles just committed to Utah, probably would have stepped into Kirkland's spot. We need at least 2 more in this class, problem is we are not on any highly rated guys, or rather they don't include us.

Valleysports

ricepig, just a quick side question, don't mean to get off track.  I've heard over and over, during the games, that Hunter Henry didn't drop a pass all year.  Am I misinterpreting?  I remember 1 right in his hands, standing in the end zone.  Posted a reminder when BA missed the next one and everyone said he lost the game. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 04, 2016, 03:28:40 pm
ricepig, just a quick side question, don't mean to get off track.  I've heard over and over, during the games, that Hunter Henry didn't drop a pass all year.  Am I misinterpreting?  I remember 1 right in his hands, standing in the end zone.  Posted a reminder when BA missed the next one and everyone said he lost the game.

Which game?? I don't remember him dropping one, but I have no idea of he did or didn't drop one. I gave him a drop/fumble against Mizzou, I don't even remember what they ruled on that, haha.

AirWarren

A pass went through his hands in the endzone at WMS.

bdubyab60

I remember one at WMS that hit the crossbar and another well out of his reach. But I can't remember him dropping one this year. I'm sure he had to have had a drop somewhere. But if we can't remember many then there probably wasn't many.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2016, 02:02:48 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 04, 2016, 12:48:22 pm

We are short at O-line, Bolles just committed to Utah, probably would have stepped into Kirkland's spot. We need at least 2 more in this class, problem is we are not on any highly rated guys, or rather they don't include us.
Hopefully we can get on some serviceable linemen then.

DerekOxford

I'm sticking with my 8-4 as of right now, but I could see 9-3 if they get some breaks and the freshmen are as good as advertised. Florida seems more winnable now than I originally thought. TCU also winnable.

I think low-end is a 7-5 repeat and high-end is 10-2.

AirWarren

7-5 to 9-3 is probably. But who knows.

Moonshiner

They are losing some valuable pieces. That's where the Alabama and LSU teams continually get us.  They have a kid leave early and there's a 5 star redshirt waiting to take his place.  We lose a player, usually, and it may be two or three years till we can find a suitable replacement.

AirWarren

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 05, 2016, 11:59:41 am
They are losing some valuable pieces. That's where the Alabama and LSU teams continually get us.  They have a kid leave early and there's a 5 star redshirt waiting to take his place.  We lose a player, usually, and it may be two or three years till we can find a suitable replacement.

That's why I find it silly when we compare ourselves to Alabama.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on January 05, 2016, 11:22:00 am
7-5 to 9-3 is probably. But who knows.

I'm an 8-4 as of today, long time between now and Sept, lol. I had 8-4 for this year, probably not too much different.

ricepig

Like whom? The lost their QB, replaced him with a 3*/4* depending on the service, they lost a WR, did replace him with a 5*.

We have guy's at QB rated as high or higher than BA, so about the same, if AC goes, we have the #4 RB committed in Whaley, about the same as AC. Wallace was rated as high or higher than Kirkland on the O-line, Rogers before he was injured his SR was the #1 center to replace Smothers, and so on.......

Now, are our backups as talented, very doubtful.

BrianfromCarlisle

My outlook.   I am going to owe Ricepig some BBQ. Dang it.  I hope not.

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 05, 2016, 04:26:28 pm
My outlook.   I am going to owe Ricepig some BBQ. Dang it.  I hope not.

Hmm, I had almost forgotten about that, the important part being, almost......

BrianfromCarlisle

I wouldn't let you forget my friend.   I am a man of my word.  I just hope Alex Collins proves me right.   Lol

WPWells

I'm trying to remember. Which one had which?

Moonshiner

Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2016, 01:42:08 pm

Like whom? The lost their QB, replaced him with a 3*/4* depending on the service, they lost a WR, did replace him with a 5*.

We have guy's at QB rated as high or higher than BA, so about the same, if AC goes, we have the #4 RB committed in Whaley, about the same as AC. Wallace was rated as high or higher than Kirkland on the O-line, Rogers before he was injured his SR was the #1 center to replace Smothers, and so on.......

A lot can be said about experience and maturity.  Lot of difference between a 21 year old man and an 18 year old rookie.

ricepig

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 05, 2016, 10:40:41 pm
Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2016, 01:42:08 pm

A lot can be said about experience and maturity.  Lot of difference between a 21 year old man and an 18 year old rookie.

Sure, have you every looked at Bama's or LSU's depth chart, it too much different than ours. 2 years ago LSU lost 10 Jr's to the draft, Bama will lose at least 5 this year.

Moonshiner

Well we've beaten LSU lately too.  Maybe the Bama guys stay around a little longer.

ricepig

Quote from: Moonshiner on January 06, 2016, 04:15:49 pm
Well we've beaten LSU lately too.  Maybe the Bama guys stay around a little longer.

Maybe so.......

Coach Venny Slocombe

I think it will be a slightly down year for the Hogs.

We have to replace the most important position on the team at Qb...gonna be tough...

Also, Florida will be better, all Auburn needs is a QB, LSU is loaded and those kids are gonna fight hard for Les next year...

I say 7-5, maybe 8-4...

I think the two years after next season we will be tough...

bdubyab60

Coach B seems to be optimistic about next year, most coaches are. But during the presser after the bowl he talked about how big the junior class is. Definitely losing some key players. QB will for sure be a factor in how the season goes.

Any news on AC. I know coach was supposed to have a talk with him today.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 06, 2016, 10:19:56 pm
Coach B seems to be optimistic about next year, most coaches are. But during the presser after the bowl he talked about how big the junior class is. Definitely losing some key players. QB will for sure be a factor in how the season goes.

Any news on AC. I know coach was supposed to have a talk with him today.

The Buzz acted like he was gone for sure yesterday. Not sure what he can gain from coming back to school

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 06, 2016, 04:52:33 pm

We have to replace the most important position on the team at Qb...gonna be tough...

Also, Florida will be better, all Auburn needs is a QB, LSU is loaded and those kids are gonna fight hard for Les next year...

I say 7-5, maybe 8-4...

I'd rather play Florida next year then Tennessee. They have to find a QB and are losing 5 Jr's to date leaving for the draft, including 3 off the defense.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2016, 09:36:38 am
Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 06, 2016, 04:52:33 pm

I say 7-5, maybe 8-4...

I'd rather play Florida next year then Tennessee. They have to find a QB and are losing 5 Jr's to date leaving for the draft, including 3 off the defense.
Not to mention the seniors.

Lionheart88

AirWarren

Interesting hire. I say that because I don't know much of the young man.

WPWells

Alex Collins will enter the draft

HorseFeathers

AirWarren

Thanks Alex! For everything!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas