• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A 2-South

Started by BasketballNeverStops, September 23, 2014, 08:39:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Any predictions? Here are mine:
Sr. Girls
1. West Side-Best two guards in the conference in Seniors Alexis Barnes and Abby Turney, talented junior class; new coach Irvin Fairfield

2. Concord-Best overall athlete in Sophomore Mallory Benton and best post player in Junior Madison Robbins; talented sophomore class that brought home Jr. High District crown last season; could make some noise around District after moving up two legit Freshmen.

3. Bee Branch-Lost a lot of scoring in Ashley Smith and Baylee Clark, but still have all-around athlete Kendal Sullivan and lefty Bethany Wilson; new coach

4. Bradford-Big post and good guard play

5. Rural Special

6. Shirley

7. Timbo

Note: It could be a close battle for the top three spots.

Sr. Boys
1. Shirley-talented Sophomore class that won Jr High District title last season, good all-around play from both guards and post

2. Concord-Will start 4 that played on last years state championship team, Junior TJ Richardson and Senior Coltan Billington have worked hard on their games and it is showing

3. West Side-Received new move in over the summer, lost scoring load in Bryce Hipp and Ben Hargrove, Blaine Hipp and Treece twins will be ones to watch

4. Bradford

5.Bee Branch-Rebuilding year for the Hornets after losing talented senior class

6. Rural Special

7. Timbo

Note: The top 3 could change in Sr. Boys on any given night.

Pfan1115

I have to disagree with basketballneverstops. I think concord senior girls will be number one simply because of madison robbins dominate post play and the ability to defend westsides gaurds

gamechanger11

B-N-S. Did Concords lose they left handed girl?
If not Concord win that conference if they did lose her it goes like this

Sr Girls

1. WS. Barnes and Turney will be too much and the addition of the Smith girl puts them on top.
2. SS. Sullivan is a terrific shooters and the 6'1 post girl has improved
3. Concord. If lefty is gone will hurt them pretty bad if not move to top. Post girl is good though. The good athlete needs to toughen up
4. Bradford. Started all sophs last year and added a 6'0 post. Actually move them a head of concord
5. RS. Could see them moving ahead of Concord also.
6. Shirley. Moved up a good shooter and still has a descent post girl
7. Timbo

Sr Boys

1. Shirley. Talented soph and weak conf
2. Bradford. Good guard in armstrong and a good shooter two good post
3. WS/Concord. Concord has ws number and will have the best player in conf in Richardson
5. RS. Don't know a whole lot about them
6. SS. Lost all but Lewis.
7. Timbo.
Conference will be way down in boys.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: gamechanger11 on September 23, 2014, 08:46:34 pm
B-N-S. Did Concords lose they left handed girl?
If not Concord win that conference if they did lose her it goes like this

Sr Girls

1. WS. Barnes and Turney will be too much and the addition of the Smith girl puts them on top.
2. SS. Sullivan is a terrific shooters and the 6'1 post girl has improved
3. Concord. If lefty is gone will hurt them pretty bad if not move to top. Post girl is good though. The good athlete needs to toughen up
4. Bradford. Started all sophs last year and added a 6'0 post. Actually move them a head of concord
5. RS. Could see them moving ahead of Concord also.
6. Shirley. Moved up a good shooter and still has a descent post girl
7. Timbo

Sr Boys

1. Shirley. Talented soph and weak conf
2. Bradford. Good guard in armstrong and a good shooter two good post
3. WS/Concord. Concord has ws number and will have the best player in conf in Richardson
5. RS. Don't know a whole lot about them
6. SS. Lost all but Lewis.
7. Timbo.
Conference will be way down in boys.
Yes indeed she did. Moved to Texas.

ballmember

Boys i think will be Concord; Shirley 2d and Westside 3.   Concord has best player in conference.  Shirley has a lot of good sophmores and Westside will be up in arms if they finish 3rd. 

ballmember

Several have picked Shirley to win conference, because of the good sophomores,  just keep in mind none of them have ever played Senior High Basketball.    Probably only 2 or 3 upper classmen will contribute, so how soon those sophmores mature will make a big difference.  I bet at least 3 sophomores start.  They could win the conference or come in third.  That is why i picked them second.   Concord has the best player in the conference ; Westside has a good 10th and 11th grade class.  Concord and Shirley well coached; dont know enough about coach at Westside to make a judgment. 

I think Westside girls will win. I do know about that coach.   Old school and I love that ,  dont know if parents and school board will handle that well.   They probably will not get to run the team this year.  Coach will and that is unusual.  Concord and Shirleys boys coach runs their team.   

Pfan1115

Anybody else heard about concords move in? Just trying to verify that it is true?

gamechanger11

Have not heard of any move ins at Concord.

Pfan1115

Ive heard they have got a good post kid from texas. One of the concord players cousin but dnt know his name. Heard he was somwheres in the 6'6 range

arstatechamp13

Hahaha yeah. Game changer for Concord. I think this conference will be strong next year. Might surprise us this year. No top teams but out of the top 5 or 6 in the state it's a toss up anyway. Never know

ballmember

I heard Westside boys had a move in that plays center.  If so, that will make them tougher.  Still think them and Shirley will battle for 2d place.     

Pfan1115

Ik for sure westside got a new bigmN an he is said to be unstoppable. They run plays and he dunks anyway he wants

Silky Johnson

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 14, 2014, 05:53:37 pm
A dunk is 2 points.

I've been told they are great motivators to get more points....Myself I appreciate a good 3 point shooter over a big man missing a dunk any day :D

arstatechamp13

Pfan1115

Have yall not heard dunks and blocks are now both worth 3 points?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Pfan1115 on October 14, 2014, 06:01:37 pm
Have yall not heard dunks and blocks are now both worth 3 points?

Interesting....Can we play in the NBA Jam universe?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas