• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lets get top 10 boys and girls started

Started by ballmember, August 07, 2014, 09:40:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

Quote from: ballmember on August 14, 2014, 04:07:28 pm
Silky, that is a good looking top 10.  Hope we can get enough interest to start one on the girls.  I thought with the transfer from Melbourne that I would rank ICC girls first;  Nemo Vista 2 and Wonderview 3.  I really dont know enough about others to say right now.  Maybe Concord, Kirby, Southside Bee Branch, Mt Vernon Enola, Bay............................................

Mulberry, Western a Grove, and Kingston girls are solid

gamechanger11

Girls

Nemo. Stays on top until they are knocked off
WV. One of the best players in 1a
ICC   The addition of they got makes them instant competitors
Kirby. Returns lots o talent and gets some back of injury
GFWS. Has underachieved but has a very solid core sr guards
Mulberry. Returns like 4 starters from last yrs team
WG. Returns some really good athletes
SSBB. Should be very solid team team
Concord. Is here if their best player moved if not they are top 5
Sacred Heart and Kingston come in here

Silky Johnson

Just bored and trying to think of some future matchups. Does anyone have some information on some of the top 1A teams starting line ups and guys that come off the bench.

ballmember

Gamechanger 11 ,  I like your analysis of the girls top ten and gives us more insight.  GFWS also has an experienced coach taking over the reins and will do well.  Will know how to deal with parents, fans, board, etc.
I bet he starts the 5 that needs to be on the floor. 

also, how good is the girl that moved from Melbourne to ICC?  What i understand very good player.  How will teams manage to stop someone with her size?

BaseballJunkie20-20

One team that hasn't been good in several years but I think will make a run at the state tourny and surprise a lot of people is Taylor.. I know there a baseball school but they were young last year only graduated 1 player from a team that was tied with Emerson at the half, and only lost to Nevada by 10. Not to mention there best player had to have surgery mid way through the season. I believe he will return and be a force to be reckon with there's talk he has some colleges look at him and went somewhere to visit a while back.. 6'3 can fill it up from the outside and a good play maker. If Taylor is the team I think they could possible be he will be a huge part of there success.

gamechanger11

Ballmember, she is very good. She is right up there close to or with Zimmerman from WV. I also look or Norfork girls to be a very solid team. Class A girls is going to be very competative in girls this year and is actually are a number of really good class a girls teams this year.

ballmember

Class A girls may be a lot stronger overall than Class A boys, who i think will be down overall this year.  North central part of state does not look to have many strong boys teams.  That is 2 Conferences:  the one Concord abd GFWS is in and the one north of them that Viola Calico Rock and Norfork is in.  Also, another conference adjoining:  Wonderview boys might be the better than some others in their conference.  3 conferences I am familiar with and right now, i do not see what i call an outstanding team..   Someone may rise to the top out of these 3 conferences, just dont know who...

PuddlePirate12

I can't see Taylor making it out of regionals. They're better but not good enough to make a run at state. They'll proably finish 4th in conference behind Nevada, Emerson, and Bradley.

HorseFeathers

How long has it been since Taylor won a conference game? (Being serious I thought that went 0-season the last couple of years?)

reddevil77

They have beaten trinity the past two years in conference. They got a new young coach before last year and were very competitive.

Real deal

August 18, 2014, 11:08:41 am #110 Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 11:10:42 am by Real deal

1.  Bay
2.  Emerson
3.  Wonderview
4.  ICC
5.  Nevada
6.  Scranton
7.  Hughes
8.  County Line
9.  Kirby
10. Armorel

littlec2964

According to Emerson website, Bay travels to Emerson on December 13th. This should be a very interesting game. I've seen Emerson a couple times this summer and they look very good.

HorseFeathers

can we get somebody to sponser an internet video feed for that game, for those of us to cheap to drive 4 hours to watch it?

Silky Johnson

Quote from: HF on August 18, 2014, 02:31:52 pm
can we get somebody to sponser an internet video feed for that game, for those of us to cheap to drive 4 hours to watch it?

Might want to contact Emerson schools about that one. I think if they were fine with it but didn't want to do it someone from Bay at the game would. No clue how the gym at Emerson is with connection or proper lighting though.

Real deal

Quote from: littlec2964 on August 18, 2014, 01:48:46 pm
According to Emerson website, Bay travels to Emerson on December 13th. This should be a very interesting game. I've seen Emerson a couple times this summer and they look very good.

Thats right Bay heads to Scranton on Friday night and Emerson on Saturday night.  All 4 teams playing both days I think.

Oldref

August 18, 2014, 05:22:47 pm #115 Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:33:08 pm by Oldref
Quote from: Real deal on August 18, 2014, 02:57:25 pm

Thats right Bay heads to Scranton on Friday night and Emerson on Saturday night.  All 4 teams playing both days I think.
Now that is what I call a road trip!!!!! Don't think anyone can say coach Brannen or coach Watson are afraid to play anyone anywhere after getting this trip set up. Emerson is about 275 miles from Bay. Should be an interesting trip and quite a test both nights.

PuddlePirate12

Taylor and Trinity Christian have both improved significantly since last season. One of them will make regionals because sparkman is down this year. TC had a boy move in from Kansas I believe and he's a decent ball player. The boy from Taylor is pretty good but he doesn't have much help

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on August 18, 2014, 05:22:47 pm

Now that is what I call a road trip!!!!! Don't think anyone can say coach Brannen or coach Watson are afraid to play anyone anywhere after getting this trip set up. Emerson is about 275 miles from Bay. Should be an interesting trip and quite a test both nights.

Thinking that they'd stay the night in the Russellville area on Friday then? Would it be wrong to egg the bus(or substitute Old Refs or Real Deals car instead?)? haha I kid I kid

Oldref

Quote from: HF on August 18, 2014, 10:50:01 pm

Thinking that they'd stay the night in the Russellville area on Friday then? Would it be wrong to egg the bus(or substitute Old Refs or Real Deals car instead?)? haha I kid I kid
That pretty good thinking HF about staying in Russellville on Friday night. Think I might drive my old hunting rig since it is camouflaged and has a survival kit in it. Never know what you might need on a long trip to foreign territories LOL!!!

Real deal

Quote from: HF on August 18, 2014, 10:50:01 pm

Wouldn't be the first time!!  As long as they don't break anything it's cool.  LOL

Silky Johnson

Does anyone think Colton Watson will break his scoring record at the NEA tournament this year? I know team accomplishments are more important and I'm not trying to start any arguments. I would really just like to here peoples thoughts on the matter. Last year in 4 games I would like to say he went for 42,38,38, and 16. No promises though lol the numbers could be a little off.

Oldref

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 22, 2014, 02:02:56 pm
Does anyone think Colton Watson will break his scoring record at the NEA tournament this year? I know team accomplishments are more important and I'm not trying to start any arguments. I would really just like to here peoples thoughts on the matter. Last year in 4 games I would like to say he went for 42,38,38, and 16. No promises though lol the numbers could be a little off.
I don't know Silky if he has to put those kind of numbers up for Bay to win but we all know he can. He is an unbelievable offensive scoring machine and is capable of putting up 40 on any night. Last year his team had to have that many for them to have a chance. Bay has lots of weapons and he has already show he is great at setting them up as well as scoring. If Bay goes deep in the tournament who knows. He could do it again but I don't think he will take as many shots because he is so unselfish and there are so many others that can score for Bay. 

Silky Johnson

He could put up those numbers but he won't have to unless the rest of the guys had an off night. He is an unselfish player that can distribute and has shown he can run point guard. I don't think he will take as many shots either but maybe the first game of the tournament, depending on who they play, Colton might try to score more.

Grizzlyfive0

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 22, 2014, 11:22:14 pm
He could put up those numbers but he won't have to unless the rest of the guys had an off night. He is an unselfish player that can distribute and has shown he can run point guard. I don't think he will take as many shots either but maybe the first game of the tournament, depending on who they play, Colton might try to score more.
I agree he will be able to break the record if he wants to but won't because there will be several blowouts in the tournament so that will hurt his chances. I hope he does set a new record though

Silky Johnson

Who in the NEA will play with them? If the Kell Classic has a similar field it could be ugly.

Grizzlyfive0

BIC would be the only team I could think of that could play us within single digits in the NEA, not sure of the field in the lower division though. The quality of competition in the Kell classic has went way down the last few years and there will be some real bad beatings handed out by Bay.

NEA Razorback olfan

Bay should be moved up in the upper division of the NEA tourney

RiverRat

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on August 24, 2014, 08:03:26 pm

Bay may very well win the NEA lower division this year but I would remember that EPC handled you guys pretty well last year and I assume they will be pretty good again. I know that the addition of Watson helps a lot but you still have to win it on the floor and the NEA will be no cake walk in the lower division and I suggest you avoid upper division because size and depth usually are more important at that level. But if you insist I bet the NEA Tournament organizers would be glad to let you swap places with some one like Salem and play up.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: RiverRat on August 24, 2014, 08:33:14 pm

Bay may very well win the NEA lower division this year but I would remember that EPC handled you guys pretty well last year and I assume they will be pretty good again. I know that the addition of Watson helps a lot but you still have to win it on the floor and the NEA will be no cake walk in the lower division and I suggest you avoid upper division because size and depth usually are more important at that level. But if you insist I bet the NEA Tournament organizers would be glad to let you swap places with some one like Salem and play up.

I'm not from Bay

Oldref

NEA brackets change from year to year by AAA enrollment numbers. Hard to say exactly who will play in what division. Some AA schools play upper and some lower. EPC and BIC both have some good players returning but neither are probably as good as last year. Anyway you have to play them all one at a time and see what happens. Bay has a really tough December schedule with the long weekend trip to Scranton and Emerson then Brookland and the Williams Baptist Tournament with Pocahontas being in it. Not going to be easy by any stretch to win all those games. Yes Bay does have 6 of  their top 7 back and they  are all a year older plus the addition of Watson so they will have a big bulls eye on their back.......that never changes for them. I don't see a problem at all with them not already having plenty of competition on their schedule. 

Silky Johnson

August 25, 2014, 12:10:32 am #130 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:14:13 am by Silky Johnson
Quote from: Oldref on August 24, 2014, 09:18:00 pm

NEA brackets change from year to year by AAA enrollment numbers. Hard to say exactly who will play in what division. Some AA schools play upper and some lower. EPC and BIC both have some good players returning but neither are probably as good as last year. Anyway you have to play them all one at a time and see what happens. Bay has a really tough December schedule with the long weekend trip to Scranton and Emerson then Brookland and the Williams Baptist Tournament with Pocahontas being in it. Not going to be easy by any stretch to win all those games. Yes Bay does have 6 of  their top 7 back and they  are all a year older plus the addition of Watson so they will have a big bulls eye on their back.......that never changes for them. I don't see a problem at all with them not already having plenty of competition on their schedule. 

Bay will be fine with the competition although I would've liked to seen them in the hurricane classic. Coach Brannen always has them ready for the postseason with the toughest schedule in 1A. If they were to play in the upper division it would only make them better.

Hogfan167

I think Bay would have a good shot at winning the upper division of NEA. Cedar Ridge pretty well rolled thru it last year and they won't be as good this year.

Real deal

EPC will not be near as good as they were last year and Bay should be significantly better I think.  There are no shoe in tournament wins for Bay this year but they will be the favorite in everyone they play in except for the Williams Baptist, I would give that nod to Pokey.  As far as NEA, Bay wouldn't have any trouble competing there either, with Jonesboro gone not sure they wouldn't be the 1 seed in the upper also, doesn't mean they would win it but they would play every team in the upper anyway if they all would schedule them and thats every year.  Cedar Ridge handled the upper division last year pretty handily, not saying Bay is as good as they were last year but it is very possible they could be.  Organizers will not let teams switch anymore.  I think what you seem to never understand is Bay never tries to avoid competition and I love that people think depth is going to be an issue.  Size "could" be an issue but only in height, this team starting to look like men after a summer and 2 weeks of hitting the pavement and weight room, they wouldn't get pushed around by anyone in the upper division of the NEA I guarantee you that.  Last year they were soft partly because they just were and secondly because they had to be.  This team, go back to 2009-2013, looks more like that with the potential to be every bit as good or better, or they could just lay an egg.  Time will tell.

Silky Johnson

Bay will play anyone no matter the location. Heck, look at this years schedule, as well as past years, and you can see many of their tough games were on the road. This team shouldn't be pushed around by any teams. That doesn't mean that they won't but physical and mental toughness is a part of their game. I think that people that saw them play last year who haven't seen a lot of their games don't know how good they can be. I think people try to point out last year at ICC in the last game as an example. The loss happened but with the youth and the way they played they didn't deserve the win and ICC played their best game on their home floor shooting a great percentage. These guys are hungry right now and have gotten better so I expect them to get where they want to be.

RiverRat

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 25, 2014, 10:30:13 am
Bay will play anyone no matter the location. Heck, look at this years schedule, as well as past years, and you can see many of their tough games were on the road. This team shouldn't be pushed around by any teams. That doesn't mean that they won't but physical and mental toughness is a part of their game. I think that people that saw them play last year who haven't seen a lot of their games don't know how good they can be. I think people try to point out last year at ICC in the last game as an example. The loss happened but with the youth and the way they played they didn't deserve the win and ICC played their best game on their home floor shooting a great percentage. These guys are hungry right now and have gotten better so I expect them to get where they want to be.

Time will tell if you are right. Good luck.

Real deal

And will more than likely have to play at ICC again in the regionals for the 4th time in 5 years, I hope ICC wins their district.

jacketman

August 25, 2014, 12:04:57 pm #136 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 12:12:56 pm by jacketman
Quote from: Real deal on August 25, 2014, 11:52:21 am

And will more than likely have to play at ICC again in the regionals for the 4th time in 5 years, I hope ICC wins their district.

Thats as guareented like death and taxes isnt it? Regional Headquarters, Brockwell, Arkansas.

Oldref

Heard they are renaming that region to the ICC invitational........probably get the state too!!!!LOL

Silky Johnson

Quote from: Oldref on August 25, 2014, 12:49:57 pm
Heard they are renaming that region to the ICC invitational........probably get the state too!!!!LOL

I wouldn't doubt it haha. With the AAA in charge it seems that State will likely be in a place that doesn't have many places to stay. I know last year it was in Harrison but in 2013 when Bay won it everyone traveled to Bradley. It was a great tournament but the location was a bit troubling.

Shady

Quote from: Grizzlyfive0 on August 24, 2014, 07:52:52 pm
BIC would be the only team I could think of that could play us within single digits in the NEA, not sure of the field in the lower division though. The quality of competition in the Kell classic has went way down the last few years and there will be some real bad beatings handed out by Bay.
Sounds like Bay has the NEA all wrapped up, do you think they should go ahead and hand out the trophy before the tournament. You Bay people are amazing!

Shady

Quote from: jacketman on August 25, 2014, 12:04:57 pm

Thats as guareented like death and taxes isnt it? Regional Headquarters, Brockwell, Arkansas.
Bunch of whiners. If Bay is as good as you cocky fans seem to think it won't matter where any of the regional and state tournament games are played because Bay is already the 2015 Class A state champions before the season starts. Come on guys at least give these other weak 1A teams a fighting chance by letting them hire their on refs or play on their home court. :-\

Silky Johnson

August 25, 2014, 07:33:53 pm #141 Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:35:29 pm by Silky Johnson
People are stating their opinion and you can state yours. Only time will tell how good the team is. I don't see them whining at all, more like stating facts. The location isn't that big of a problem but after 5 years of having to travel I think any team would want the regional at their place or at least in their conference.

Shady

Quote from: jacketman on August 25, 2014, 12:04:57 pm

^^^^^this would be whining

Shady

^^^and this would be sarcastically whining.....Bay needs to get someone on the AAA board and then they might have a chance at hosting otherwise keep booking your trips to hillbilly country ;D

Oldref

I actually like coming to that part of the state so that's not a problem for me at all. They can play it at Guion for all I care as long as we make it. Same for the state.......just want to be there.

BoxNOne

I am not a Bay fan but have to agree with their argument on traveling to ICC or Calico Rock or Hillcrest every year. It should be rotated between conferences IMO. Don't think it will matter where it is this year as Bay will have way too much firepower for any of those teams.

jacketman

Quote from: BoxNOne on August 25, 2014, 08:32:06 pm
I am not a Bay fan but have to agree with their argument on traveling to ICC or Calico Rock or Hillcrest every year. It should be rotated between conferences IMO. Don't think it will matter where it is this year as Bay will have way too much firepower for any of those teams.

We certainly feel good about what we have Box.....and it is ashame that we have to travel every year that far for a regional. I guess there are no other school posters from the east that also have the same whinning. Trust me Armorel feels this more than we do, they just dont follow fearless like the rest of us. If Armorel had regional 4 of the last 5 yrs, the hills would be whinning too. It is just the nature of the beast. Bay is hungry more than ever, the schedule this year includes traveling against some good match ups. Stay tuned.....our program is getting better....our players are better.....no guarentee but only that its gonna be good.

bscinar

I agree - it is going to be a fun season - can we start tomorrow?

Quote from: jacketman on August 25, 2014, 09:05:03 pm
Quote from: BoxNOne on August 25, 2014, 08:32:06 pm

We certainly feel good about what we have Box.....and it is ashame that we have to travel every year that far for a regional. I guess there are no other school posters from the east that also have the same whinning. Trust me Armorel feels this more than we do, they just dont follow fearless like the rest of us. If Armorel had regional 4 of the last 5 yrs, the hills would be whinning too. It is just the nature of the beast. Bay is hungry more than ever, the schedule this year includes traveling against some good match ups. Stay tuned.....our program is getting better....our players are better.....no guarentee but only that its gonna be good.

Real deal

August 26, 2014, 08:06:55 am #148 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 08:10:51 am by Real deal
Quote from: Shady on August 25, 2014, 06:27:46 pm
Quote from: Grizzlyfive0 on August 24, 2014, 07:52:52 pm
Sounds like Bay has the NEA all wrapped up, do you think they should go ahead and hand out the trophy before the tournament. You Bay people are amazing!

Thank you!!  We are amazing!!  No one is whining just stating facts.  If the regional goes to ICC this year it will be 4 out of the last 5 years (the one year it didn't ICC let Hillcrest have it, this is common knowledge), unheard of in Class A for a region that has other people bidding on it every year.  Personally, I hope Armorel gets it this year!!  Wait till the hill faithful see this and the phone calls to their AAA board brethren will begin almost instantly.  As usual, this Bay hate of yours just all sounds like "Sour Grapes" by you.  Yea I stole your quote from another forum where you are defending Harbor for having starters this year from 3 other schools this year or something like that.  How many times did you and your team lose to Bay in your career?  Its all in the past dude, today is a new day.  WOOOOOSAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

Moonshiner

I don't have a dog in the hunt here, but this is an interesting topic. Not fans of either place but what's fair is fair and it sounds like something isn't right.  I know super at ICC is on the board for the AAA. This always helps. But even then it usually rotates better than this.  Do the gyms in Bays conference meet the requirements for hosting?  I've only been in the one at Hillcrest.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas