• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Next years top 10...

Started by HorseFeathers, March 20, 2014, 12:21:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

We all kind of agreed that 1A was down this year.....Does it get better next year?

I see Scranton being better next year, as Siebenmorgan and the other guard(can't remember his name, but was a sophmore this year) will be back...but I think they lose the big guy this year...

Figure County Line will be near the top, doesn't really matter who Coach Brunson loses to graduation he just plugs in another set of players and keeps chugging along...

Bay will be back next year, don't look for them to be upset in region again...

Who else?

pootnscoot

The 2N will be down next year even more than this year. I expect Norfork to be top 10 quality by the end of the year. Bay will be back with a vengeance. Maynard will look good early but fade late. Looking forward to seeing what Hughes brings to 1A. Scranton and County Line will be tough. Stephens ought to be there as well.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pootnscoot on March 20, 2014, 01:09:31 pm
The 2N will be down next year even more than this year. I expect Norfork to be top 10 quality by the end of the year. Bay will be back with a vengeance. Maynard will look good early but fade late. Looking forward to seeing what Hughes brings to 1A. Scranton and County Line will be tough. Stephens ought to be there as well.

Stephens won't be open next year....unless they can get the Department of Education to change their minds, because of all their options for consolidation have said they will close the school.

J.D.

Girl's side of things will be filthy.

Nemo
Wonderview
Kirby
Mulberry
Kingston

Look we have a top 5 for next year. 

Woodrow1

Quote from: pootnscoot on March 20, 2014, 01:09:31 pm

Norfork will not be a top 10 team.  They lost way too many pieces of the puzzle, including their best player and point guard.

Catfish

Quote from: J.D. on March 20, 2014, 01:50:56 pm
Girl's side of things will be filthy.

Nemo
Wonderview
Kirby
Mulberry
Kingston

Look we have a top 5 for next year.

Agreed

basketballmom#3

Emerson, Bay, Scranton and county line should be there. Not to sure right now on the other teams

Oldref

How many returning starters and how much help is coming up to help from Jr high for 1A teams next year?
It is pretty well documented about Bay having a lot coming back. Armorel will also have a lot coming back and a good Jr high bunch moving up. Hughes is coming into the conference also but I don't know much about them.

What other teams are returning a lot of players and should be in the hunt next year?

gamechanger11

1 Bay

2Bay

No one but Bay.  They will dominate. Might be the biggest walk in tourn history. 

HorseFeathers

Run N Punch

HorseFeathers

So is Watson 100% moving to bay for next season and going to be elgible?

Oldref

Look here is the deal......Bay hired a good young coach to come and take over a really promising young bay girls program. Everyone hopes the girls turn into the kind of program the boys now have.......Braden Watson can take them there if things go right and the girls work hard. As for Colton...... it is up to him and his family what they decide to do. If they move into the district they will be welcome just like any other students that move in. Colton would be a huge addition for any team in any classification and I am sure he knows and respects the players and coaches very much at Bay.......they played three times last year. Colton has said he wants to come to Bay from what I have been told and I understand they are planning to move because that is what he wants to do and his family is willing to move. None of that mattered in the decision to hire Braden........Braden is coming on his own merits and it is a good move for him and his family which includes his wife and two children. Hope he plans to stay a long time. He has a very promising career and is a very impressive young coach. I knew what all our friends on this board would say. Nothing unexpected has been said from all the people on this board who dislike Bay for whatever reason. Bay city limits joins Jonesboro and the district boundary's touch 5 school districts around it........all of those district are larger and that fact makes Bay attractive to many kids plus Bay has a great school and facilities. There is lots of movements and transfers in the districts in Jonesboro and all over NEA. BIC had a  transfer kid become eligible at semester that helped them win several games down the stretch and in postseason. It happens and is legal if you do what you are supposed to. Yes Bay has some kids move in every year and many don't play sports. Some do move in because of Bay's success and want to play basketball for a team that is usually in the hunt for another state title. Might as well accept that and know that Bay follows all the rules and does not support anyone who doesn't follow the rules. Trust me they have the AAA on speed dial so they make sure all rules are followed. Every school in the state wants students. I hear schools advertise on the radio about it all the time.  Now you can take shots at me........I am a old guy and can take it.

J.D.

God I hope this happens.  Just for the sake of fearless.

Can you imagine how much fun it's going to be on here next season?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on April 08, 2014, 10:26:19 pm
Look here is the deal......Bay hired a good young coach to come and take over a really promising young bay girls program. Everyone hopes the girls turn into the kind of program the boys now have.......Braden Watson can take them there if things go right and the girls work hard. As for Colton...... it is up to him and his family what they decide to do. If they move into the district they will be welcome just like any other students that move in. Colton would be a huge addition for any team in any classification and I am sure he knows and respects the players and coaches very much at Bay.......they played three times last year. Colton has said he wants to come to Bay from what I have been told and I understand they are planning to move because that is what he wants to do and his family is willing to move. None of that mattered in the decision to hire Braden........Braden is coming on his own merits and it is a good move for him and his family which includes his wife and two children. Hope he plans to stay a long time. He has a very promising career and is a very impressive young coach. I knew what all our friends on this board would say. Nothing unexpected has been said from all the people on this board who dislike Bay for whatever reason. Bay city limits joins Jonesboro and the district boundary's touch 5 school districts around it........all of those district are larger and that fact makes Bay attractive to many kids plus Bay has a great school and facilities. There is lots of movements and transfers in the districts in Jonesboro and all over NEA. BIC had a  transfer kid become eligible at semester that helped them win several games down the stretch and in postseason. It happens and is legal if you do what you are supposed to. Yes Bay has some kids move in every year and many don't play sports. Some do move in because of Bay's success and want to play basketball for a team that is usually in the hunt for another state title. Might as well accept that and know that Bay follows all the rules and does not support anyone who doesn't follow the rules. Trust me they have the AAA on speed dial so they make sure all rules are followed. Every school in the state wants students. I hear schools advertise on the radio about it all the time. Now you can take shots at me........I am a old guy and can take it.

Don't forget the billboards along the interstates...lol

Catfish

Quote from: HF on April 08, 2014, 09:05:54 pm

Wow. Here we go again. Why am I not surprised

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on April 08, 2014, 11:23:03 pm
Quote from: HF on April 08, 2014, 09:05:54 pm

Wow. Here we go again. Why am I not surprised

Was just asking....But yeah, look for either the easiest run through 1A, or the most epic of flops in the post season if it is completely true...

Moonshiner

Remember when Lebron first went to Miami?   How the Big 3 were thumping their chest?  All the talk that first year.

BoxNOne

Look here is the deal......Bay hired a good young coach to come and take over a really promising young bay girls program. Everyone hopes the girls turn into the kind of program the boys now have.......Braden Watson can take them there if things go right and the girls work hard. As for Colton...... it is up to him and his family what they decide to do. If they move into the district they will be welcome just like any other students that move in. Colton would be a huge addition for any team in any classification and I am sure he knows and respects the players and coaches very much at Bay.......they played three times last year. Colton has said he wants to come to Bay from what I have been told and I understand they are planning to move because that is what he wants to do and his family is willing to move. None of that mattered in the decision to hire Braden........Braden is coming on his own merits and it is a good move for him and his family which includes his wife and
two children. Hope he plans to stay a long time. He has a very promising career and is a very
impressive young coach. I knew what all our friends on this board would say. Nothing unexpected
has been said from all the people on this board who dislike Bay for whatever reason. Bay city limits
joins Jonesboro and the district boundary's touch 5 school districts around it........all of those district
are larger and that fact makes Bay attractive to many kids plus Bay has a great school and
facilities. There is lots of movements and transfers in the districts in Jonesboro and all over NEA. BIC
had a  transfer kid become eligible at semester that helped them win several games down the
stretch and in postseason. It happens and is legal if you do what you are supposed to. Yes Bay has
some kids move in every year and many don't play sports. Some do move in because of Bay's
success and want to play basketball for a team that is usually in the hunt for another state title.
Might as well accept that and know that Bay follows all the rules and does not support anyone who
doesn't follow the rules. Trust me they have the AAA on speed dial so they make sure all rules are
followed. Every school in the state wants students. I hear schools advertise on the radio about it all
the time.  Now you can take shots at me........I am a old guy and can take it.

Oldref, I too have been around a while. I didn't even know what lol meant for a while but your post has actually made me laugh out loud. If you only knew what local sports fans and coaches say about Bay's influx of basketball playing "transfers" you would probably quit trying to rationalize what goes on. By reading your posts on FF I can tell you are a very sensible guy who usually calls it as you see it. If my team was on the receiving end of these transfers, I would also be very happy but I don't think I would try to act like it is something besides what everyone knows it is. By the way, Braden Watson's coaching ability is yet to be determined. He had a top two 1a player and couldn't even make state.

Oldref

Quote from: BoxNOne on April 10, 2014, 10:28:17 am
Look here is the deal......Bay hired a good young coach to come and take over a really promising young bay girls program. Everyone hopes the girls turn into the kind of program the boys now have.......Braden Watson can take them there if things go right and the girls work hard. As for Colton...... it is up to him and his family what they decide to do. If they move into the district they will be welcome just like any other students that move in. Colton would be a huge addition for any team in any classification and I am sure he knows and respects the players and coaches very much at Bay.......they played three times last year. Colton has said he wants to come to Bay from what I have been told and I understand they are planning to move because that is what he wants to do and his family is willing to move. None of that mattered in the decision to hire Braden........Braden is coming on his own merits and it is a good move for him and his family which includes his wife and
two children. Hope he plans to stay a long time. He has a very promising career and is a very
impressive young coach. I knew what all our friends on this board would say. Nothing unexpected
has been said from all the people on this board who dislike Bay for whatever reason. Bay city limits
joins Jonesboro and the district boundary's touch 5 school districts around it........all of those district
are larger and that fact makes Bay attractive to many kids plus Bay has a great school and
facilities. There is lots of movements and transfers in the districts in Jonesboro and all over NEA. BIC
had a  transfer kid become eligible at semester that helped them win several games down the
stretch and in postseason. It happens and is legal if you do what you are supposed to. Yes Bay has
some kids move in every year and many don't play sports. Some do move in because of Bay's
success and want to play basketball for a team that is usually in the hunt for another state title.
Might as well accept that and know that Bay follows all the rules and does not support anyone who
doesn't follow the rules. Trust me they have the AAA on speed dial so they make sure all rules are
followed. Every school in the state wants students. I hear schools advertise on the radio about it all
the time.  Now you can take shots at me........I am a old guy and can take it.

Oldref, I too have been around a while. I didn't even know what lol meant for a while but your post has actually made me laugh out loud. If you only knew what local sports fans and coaches say about Bay's influx of basketball playing "transfers" you would probably quit trying to rationalize what goes on. By reading your posts on FF I can tell you are a very sensible guy who usually calls it as you see it. If my team was on the receiving end of these transfers, I would also be very happy but I don't think I would try to act like it is something besides what everyone knows it is. By the way, Braden Watson's coaching ability is yet to be determined. He had a top two 1a player and couldn't even make state.
Box&1, I am glad I was able to brighten you day a little with a laugh. I  have a question for you.....just what do you think a district should do if a student wants to move into the district........tell them heck no because people on FF will be upset? You seem to think I am trying to put some kind of spin on this and other situations that have happened over the years. That is simply not true. No one is trying to hide anything or call it anything beside what it is. Over the years several students have transferred or moved into the district and I expect that will continue.......nothing wrong with that.  I am  aware that Bay is public enemy number one for a lot of people because of their success. One thing I did realize this year is Bay catches heck win or lose so they might as well just keep winning. Now to address about four things about your post......first I don't think Bay cares what the others think because they are doing nothing wrong and it is evident some people will never like them for whatever reason. Second If Colton Watson or anyone else moves into the district they are not a transfer but a resident student from that point on. Third Braden Watson is a very good young coach and will only get better. Saw him a lot this year and he has a huge upside.  And last if you school was attractive enough, well enough coached and had talent that others wanted to come be part of you would probably have the same issues of people wanting to move into your district. Could you handle that and all the criticism that seems to follow it? You are correct, I try to be rational and not take shots at others. This is a sports discussion board but some want to turn it into something like TOPIX which is a bad thing in my opinion. I have noticed after reading back thru your posts you normally seem to want to discuss the actual games and play on the court which makes me think we are similar in that interest. I do also see that you love to try and get after Bay every chance you get. I kind of think you must be one of our close neighbors. One last thing.......Bay has great  kids/student athletes (Boys and Girls) that work really hard and many of them read these discussions. I think they now are painfully aware just how disliked they are by many which is sad. By the way........ why don't you let us in on what school you love and support. You know that about me. Hope you have a good day.....I think we can be friends if you think you can get over your hate for Bay.

BoxNOne

Nice response, Oldref.My question for you is this. I don't know what your position is at Bay, but how do you know for sure that these transfers were not contacted? To the outsider looking in, there seems to be just too many transfers compared to everyone else. I am mainly just saying that most hard core fans think that there is monkey business going on. I guess there is a chance they could be wrong. When it comes to Bay, I have defended them over the issue of having to travel to the hills every year for region. Huge advantage to be in your home area in regionals and it should be alternated. Not really a Bay hater. I do have a hard time getting by the main issue we are discussing. By the way, I don't put you in the same category as one or two other Bay posters.I think you know that a couple of them invite hating upon themselves.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on April 10, 2014, 10:49:17 pm
Nice response, Oldref.My question for you is this. I don't know what your position is at Bay, but how do you know for sure that these transfers were not contacted? To the outsider looking in, there seems to be just too many transfers compared to everyone else. I am mainly just saying that most hard core fans think that there is monkey business going on. I guess there is a chance they could be wrong. When it comes to Bay, I have defended them over the issue of having to travel to the hills every year for region. Huge advantage to be in your home area in regionals and it should be alternated. Not really a Bay hater. I do have a hard time getting by the main issue we are discussing. By the way, I don't put you in the same category as one or two other Bay posters.I think you know that a couple of them invite hating upon themselves.

Exactly How many kids have moved into the Bay district AND played basketball since...Say...They dropped down to 1A?

bscinar

I only know of three over the last four or five years.
Brad Kraft from Weiner was a transfer who went back to Weiner for his Senior year.
Matt Holt came for his senior year, because his mother was hired as a teacher - she is still at Bay. On a side note, Matt had a malignant brain tumor removed recently, so please keep this family in your prayers.
Jonathan Crain transferred prior to the 8th grade from Nettleton.
Could be others, but this is all I know about.

Oldref

Box and one, I have no position at Bay and I actually have some loyalty to three schools in about a 25 mile radius because of kids and grandkids. I do think Bay has a special kind of situation that is mostly because of their location and proximity to some larger schools that makes them attractive along with the other things I have already pointed out. I know for a fact they have been contacted at times by some who wanted to skirt the rules and Bay officials would not allow it and wanted no part of it. They are going to follow the rules to the letter. I know it is probably difficult for some to accept this as fact but it is true. I was told yesterday at a baseball game they have 9 transfer requests to come into the district to act on at the board meeting Monday night. All of these are lower elementary students I believe.......I also did a little checking and the district can only take a total of 17 transfers in any year based on the current enrollment at Bay. All of these rules were approved by the Legislature and state department of education and must be followed. Now..... anyone who moves into Bay or any other district are not transfers and do not count against the percentage of transfers allowed based on enrollment which for Bay is 17 students. I am sure there are some posters on here that will be watching to see if any of the young kids Bay gets Monday night develop into players so they can raise cane about it in 10 years from now....LOL  Transfers under the school choice laws are applicable to all districts. By the way to some who don't know 90% of the players at Bay have roots that go way back.......check the names in the score book and you will see many of the same names show up for many generations. Every student needs to have the same opportunity at their school no matter if they just arrived or if they have been there for generations. NEA is experiencing population growth so I expect all the districts in and around Jonesboro will benefit from that one way or another. No part of the state has as many school districts in a 50 mile radius as NEA. Hope you have a good day B&1.

jacket3

Oldref

April 11, 2014, 08:53:04 am #25 Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 11:49:41 am by Oldref
I just had one more thought I had to share.......Craighead county is blessed with great schools and coaches. Looking back for the past ten years or so every public school in Craighead county has won at least one state basketball championship except Riverside, Nettleton and Valley View. Great run when you think about it.... Jonesboro, Brookland, Westside, Bay (2) BIC (2) I would venture to say none of those schools had rosters that were there k-12.

BoxNOne

Quote from: bscinar on April 11, 2014, 12:39:32 am
I only know of three over the last four or five years.
Brad Kraft from Weiner was a transfer who went back to Weiner for his Senior year.
Matt Holt came for his senior year, because his mother was hired as a teacher - she is still at Bay. On a side note, Matt had a malignant brain tumor removed recently, so please keep this family in your prayers.
Jonathan Crain transferred prior to the 8th grade from Nettleton.
Could be others, but this is all I know about.

Noah Sitzer from Weiner in 2011 (He was all state tournament I think).

BoxNOne

Oldref, reasonable people can agree to disagree on issues. You also have a nice day.

Bayhoopfan13

Quote from: Oldref on April 11, 2014, 08:53:04 am
I just had one more thought I had to share.......Craighead county is blessed with great schools and coaches. Looking back for the past ten years or so every public school in Craighead county has won at least one state basketball championship except Riverside, Nettleton and Valley View. Great run when you think about it.... Jonesboro, Brookland, Westside, Bay (2) BIC (2) I would venture to say none of those schools had rosters that were there k-12.
+1

BoxNOne

HF, your question about how many basketball playing transfers did Bay have before say the past six years is a great question. I don't remember any real impact players before.

Bearcatparent

Quote from: Oldref on April 11, 2014, 08:53:04 am
Transfers happen in just about every school for some reason or another, whether its parents get a job in the area and pick that school or something similar which is beyond the students control for the most part. Heck there are so many schools that have real close to over lapping districts that the kids can go to just about any school legally. I think the thing that brings so much attention is the way kids move to Bay from WAY OUT of the district. Sitzer & Craft where going to and living in Wiener and came to Bay. That type of move is going to raise talk in anyones book and when it looks like something similar to that is happening year after year it becomes a larger topic of interest. Rumor around is that Bay recruits and until it is proven then that is all it is, RUMOR.  Wonder if we will hear the same about Jonesboro since they are getting according to RUMOR, Victor Dukes. They got a player from Nettleton a couple years ago also I think that had already played games at Nettleton and this year they had the home school kid. It happens in more than Bay. Makes for good off season talk I guess.

Brian G

This seems to be a hot topic that won't go away so I'm going to chime in as to how we will discuss it.  So far, most of this is within board guidelines.  Transfers and move-ins happened and always seem to generate some excitement with the posters.

Here's how to proceed:

Don't make accusations that you can't substantiate.
>>If you know that a rule has been violated, then turn that in to the proper authorities. 
>>But until it's proven, you need to watch the accusations on this forum. 
>>For those that receive players, you need to know that it is natural for this type of conversation to occur.  You can't really squash it as it will reappear again and again.  The best advice that I can give you is to develop thicker skin and embrace it while not taking a taunting tone.

If a thread goes to name calling and cross lines we will see any or all of the following:  Warnings, bannings(short term or perm), posts edited, posts deleted or a complete erasing of the thread.  You can send a PM to me or use the report to mod feature if you think things have crossed a line.

B.G.

Oldref

Quote from: BoxNOne on April 12, 2014, 01:47:36 pm
HF, your question about how many basketball playing transfers did Bay have before say the past six years is a great question. I don't remember any real impact players before.
My opinion the biggest factors for students athletes to transfer is  good coaching and other good players around them. Bay had coaching issues before Coach Brannen came and now he is recognized as one of the best around. I just don't see any player wanting to move to a school unless there is a good coach in place. BIC lost players to Manila when BT went there and now that he is back at BIC he has players wanting to move there again. Lots of rumors about Riverside having at least one player going there next year and there are probably others considering it also from who knows where. Riverside lost players to BIC the first time BT was there during the back to back state championships. Possibly the best ever at Riverside was the Bowers kid that went there from Bay several years ago. It has happened forever. Players get mad or think the situation is better someplace else and move. I bet it happens lots of places again this year.

ballmember

I do not see a top 10 boys team from 2 N  or 2 S (Concord);  unless someone has a great transfer in!!

NWA Hawg

Can someone give thier real top ten for next year and lets move this bay talk to another thread?

BoxNOne

Why don't you give one?I don't see it anywhere above.

NWA Hawg

Boys

1. Bay
2. Scranton
3. Wonderview
4. County line
5. Emerson
6. Hughes
7. Nevada
8. Izard
9. Norfork
10. Jasper

Catfish

I don't think WSGF will be that bad. The are losing their best two players but they should win there conference. Maybe Shirley but I don't see it this year. Concord loses 4 starters and don't really have anything moving up. Same goes for SSBB.

AboveAverageWhiteGuy

I agree with catfish WSGF and Shirley are both gonna be pretty decent they will both be younger teams than most but I wouldn't count them out most of them have enough experience on the court to be good. It goes without saying after next year both teams will be good. And it will be a battle for conference for sure

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas