• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

It's frigid in Fayetteville, but we didn't get a single flake of snow

AirWarren

Naw. By 4 pm today, it will be good.

sevenof400

In and around Conway, there will be some serious refreeze tonight.

Breitontime

Quote from: HF on January 22, 2016, 07:01:53 am
Not a spot of snow in russellville...didn't even get a good frost
I rode one of my motorcycles today. Not even that cold on it.

Lineman

There's a big bright ball in the sky over charleston at the moment. If memory serves me correctly I think it's the sun.

sevenof400

Quote from: Lineman on January 22, 2016, 01:49:18 pm
There's a big bright ball in the sky over charleston at the moment. If memory serves me correctly I think it's the sun.
Good lord, Lineman! What would you do in case of an actual winter around here?

Lineman

I HATE the cold. 50 degrees is where I draw the line.

ricepig

Quote from: Lineman on January 22, 2016, 02:23:39 pm
I HATE the cold. 50 degrees is where I draw the line.

That is for the low of the day, correct? The high should never be above 85, either.

Valleysports

Quote from: Breitontime on January 22, 2016, 01:23:50 pm
Quote from: HF on January 22, 2016, 07:01:53 am
Not a spot of snow in russellville...didn't even get a good frost
I rode one of my motorcycles today. Not even that cold on it.

I saw some crazy motorcyclist heading out the east side of town, Hwy 64, around 3:00 pm.

Breitontime

It was starting to get a little chilly about that time, wind was kicking up.

Lions84

Snow Saturday Morning and 58 this morning and 72 by 3pm today.

NEA Razorback olfan

39 degrees with snow flurries in Brookland :P

Lions84

We have a NW wind and 33 this morning with a high of 58 this afternoon for a Softball game.

bleudog

To paraphrase Randy Newman: "Union County, Union County, they're tryin' to wash us away, they're tryin' to wash us away."

Sheriff's office road closures as of 1:20 p.m.:

Hwy 335 between Norphlet and Calion

East and West State Line Rd (going out of J.C.)

Rhodes Chapel Rd closed to Hwy 63

Oakland Rd

Hwy 7 South (Iron Mountain Rd) South of Pleasant Grove

Hwy 15 (Haynesville Hwy) at Coletown Rd

Jones Lake Rd near Phelps Rd

Pleasent Grove Rd through Loutre Road bottoms

Mt Holly at Dumas City Rd

S. Jackson to Hwy 167 Rock Island area

Part of Sandy Creek Rd in Lisbon area

O'Rear Rd near Norphlet

High Banks Rd past fire department

Avoid Wesson Rd and Three Creeks when possible due to flooding

beach bum

Quote from: bleudog on March 09, 2016, 02:42:48 pm
To paraphrase Randy Newman: "Union County, Union County, they're tryin' to wash us away, they're tryin' to wash us away."

Sheriff's office road closures as of 1:20 p.m.:

Hwy 335 between Norphlet and Calion

East and West State Line Rd (going out of J.C.)

Rhodes Chapel Rd closed to Hwy 63

Oakland Rd

Hwy 7 South (Iron Mountain Rd) South of Pleasant Grove

Hwy 15 (Haynesville Hwy) at Coletown Rd

Jones Lake Rd near Phelps Rd

Pleasent Grove Rd through Loutre Road bottoms

Mt Holly at Dumas City Rd

S. Jackson to Hwy 167 Rock Island area

Part of Sandy Creek Rd in Lisbon area

O'Rear Rd near Norphlet

High Banks Rd past fire department

Avoid Wesson Rd and Three Creeks when possible due to flooding

I had heard a little rain was hitting NWA but definitely heard that the River Valley and south Arkansas were going to get soaked badly. I hope everyone stays safe and away from bodies of water down there.

HorseFeathers

It's literally rained all day here in the valley...

Longfellow

I'm gonna need a canoe to get across Tech's campus tomorrow. Good thing I only have one class on Thursday

Valleysports

Quote from: Longfellow on March 09, 2016, 05:38:16 pm
I'm gonna need a canoe to get across Tech's campus tomorrow. Good thing I only have one class on Thursday
Been there done that - long before you were born. We canoed all over campus during the big flood.  Jumped out the windows Brown Hall. The pumping station Bona Dea was installed to fix that.  This ain't no biggy yet.

beach bum

The trifecta of the best River Valley posters just posted all in a row.... I am glad to see you guys are making it just fine in the rain down there.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on March 09, 2016, 05:53:04 pm
Been there done that - long before you were born. We canoed all over campus during the big flood.  Jumped out the windows Brown Hall. The pumping station Bona Dea was installed to fix that.  This ain't no biggy yet.

Worst I seen there, was right afyer they finished Phoenix avenue, those dirt parking lots across from turner, Brown and critz-Hughes were 4 foot under water....someone left their car in one of those lots as well, could only see the roof.

AirWarren

They closed schools early in Warren I heard. There are some rural areas in the low low areas that get bad.

bleudog

March 10, 2016, 09:33:24 am #3121 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:34:27 pm by bleudog
Just heard an interview with a weather official on a Ruston, LA radio station.  Since the event began, the Monroe, LA airport has recorded 17.5 inches of rain and anticipates another 3 - 4 inches of rain before the system completely moves out.  I'd guess some areas around Shreveport have already passed the 20-inch rain total.

AirWarren

Wow.

I know highway 63 12 miles south of Warren is SHUT DOWN. The ouachita must be over the road.

bleudog

March 10, 2016, 02:23:53 pm #3123 Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:45:40 pm by bleudog
Quote from: AirWarren on March 10, 2016, 01:28:31 pm
Wow.

I know highway 63 12 miles south of Warren is SHUT DOWN. The ouachita must be over the road.

That's the strange thing.  The Red River in Shreveport is not projected to crest above flood stage.    CLICK HERE

I guess having a river near you doesn't make much difference when the area records 10+ inches of rain in a 24-hour period.  :o

Lions84

Flooding right before Spring Break.  Good Grief !  We had tornadoes around on Monday and we were in duck and cover for 45 minutes My back still not straighten out.
But we are going South and the Weather next week in South Texas is suppost to be great.

beach bum

The last time I drove Hwy 65 a terrible storm came rolling through right as I crossed the border just south of Eudora. That was terrifying because in the delta you see the storm rolling at you and there is no where to duck and cover. You just have to slowly plug along down the road.

HorseFeathers

Looks like we're in for some rough weather....some already getting it with a confirmed tornado on the ground near jessieville.....everyone stay safe tonight

AirWarren

Probably going to be a rough spring for storms.

Lions84

Sunburned in under 2 hours Tues at the Softball game last week , Wore jeans and a wind breaker at the Baseball game Thursday and Good Lord what happened Sunday where I wore a Jacket to Church Sunday.

PrivateLesson

Have you all seen the creepy images of the Hurricane?!?? 

Talk about crazy weather!!!!   

In need of rain....can't wait to see all the pretty leaves!:)

Valleysports

I was down in the bottoms, working bee's, this morning - leaves were falling & yellows / oranges have begun the take over.

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on October 07, 2016, 02:13:58 pm
I was down in the bottoms, working bee's, this morning - leaves were falling & yellows / oranges have begun the take over.

It was the best run I'd had in about 5 months this morning with a bunch of chill in the air.... Did 12 miles at my favorite trail. When the pine needles and leaves are on the trails you know its good. I am prepping for a 30K trail race in a month. Its running/working weather now!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 07, 2016, 03:18:15 pm
It was the best run I'd had in about 5 months this morning with a bunch of chill in the air.... Did 12 miles at my favorite trail. When the pine needles and leaves are on the trails you know its good. I am prepping for a 30K trail race in a month. Its running/working weather now!!

You still in Colorado? My cousin that lives in Denver was posting snow pictures earlier this week.....(not sure if they were new or not haha)

46 Degrees this morning with a good breeze blowing across the lake...Didn't catch many but it was better than a day of work...

Valleysports

Flew around this morning - we could use some rain in the valley.  Ponds drying up.  Looks like a week left on the Goldenrod - then fall will be on...  I'm amazed at how fast those guys are harvesting the soybeans ricepig.  Lot of huge equipment.

Redwolves8526

Really hoping for some rain soon. Need some water for those greenheads!

PrivateLesson

Cooler weather has finally decided to make an appearance!    Amazing at the record temps for October.   

PrivateLesson

My weather app says highs in the 80's.....it is the end of October.   The leaves are changing to beautiful yellow and red colors.  Love.

103 years ago today it snowed 8 inches in Harrison, Ar....thanks to twitter, I know this info:)

Crazy#arwx

beach bum

It's snowing in the upper Michigan area.......

Lions84

You could wear shorts to the HS football game tonite. Nearly 80 degrees on the last Friday in Oct here in Texas.

sevenof400

Quote from: beach bum on October 27, 2016, 11:28:58 am
It's snowing in the upper Michigan area.......
All is right with the world again...

PrivateLesson

Beautiful weather.  Couldn't ask for it to be more perfect.  Probably will rain and be miserably cold during all the playoffs!!   

PrivateLesson

2nd warmest October on record since 1945, I read.   Watch for all the trick-or-treat kiddos!:)

Lions84

Still too warm down here for FALL!

beach bum

Chance of snow for Benton and Washington County late Wednesday...

Valleysports

Ducks moving in now - keep it coming!  :D

Jacketman65

Probably going to freeze over for a couple of days!

beach bum

The south Arkansas folk will see this too, but probably not quite as extreme....  Saturday morning it is supposed to be in the mid 50's in NWA and 24 hours later it will be single digits. You know wind will accompany that cold front so it's going to be miserable.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Valleysports on December 08, 2016, 11:09:07 am
Ducks moving in now - keep it coming!  :D

Where you hunting Valley? We've had the worst first couple of weeks of the season that I can remember in years. But we don't have much water on the rivers and floodways right now.

Valleysports

December 15, 2016, 04:22:48 pm #3148 Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:31:13 pm by Valleysports
Yeah water is a problem in some of our natural holes.  I have a few places in the back of sloughs (holding water behind beaver dams), several other holes with pumps on them, that have been producing.  Last Saturday they came piling in with the front, hitting mostly agriculture type fields here in the River Valley. Windrock Farm / Slough just south of the river (Morrillton), was stacked up with Gadwall & Mallards.  As of yesterday & today I've watched them, finally, start moving up into the Cypress Sloughs and spreading out. From buck brush & duck weed to roosting in rice fields. Tomorrow and Saturday should be good hunts.  Sunday & Monday should push them back out to rivers and open water, until temp comes up.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Valleysports on December 15, 2016, 04:22:48 pm
Yeah water is a problem in some of our natural holes.  I have a few places in the back of sloughs (holding water behind beaver dams), several other holes with pumps on them, that have been producing.  Last Saturday they came piling in with the front, hitting mostly agriculture type fields here in the River Valley. Windrock Farm / Slough just south of the river (Morrillton), was stacked up with Gadwall & Mallards.  As of yesterday & today I've watched them, finally, start moving up into the Cypress Sloughs and spreading out. From buck brush & duck weed to roosting in rice fields. Tomorrow and Saturday should be good hunts.  Sunday & Monday should push them back out to rivers and open water, until temp comes up.

I usually hunt Cache and Black Rivers along with Hurricane Bottoms. Had a couple of good hunts but other than that, nothing good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas