• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Basketball 2017-2018

Started by BannerMountainMan, September 27, 2017, 11:35:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Down goes Tennessee..... We would have to get 3 of the next 4 and hope to get some help along the way, but to think the parity in the SEC right now that about half the teams believe right now they can get the 2 seed at the SEC tourney is crazy.

bdubyab60

Kind of cluttered from two on down

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 18, 2018, 07:24:23 am
Kind of cluttered from two on down

Even a team like Vanderbilt at 5-9 has a guy like Lechance who just exudes leadership and tenacity. A bottom team like South Carolina even has a defense and coach like Frank Martin who can take out a top team. This has turned out to be a fun year in the league when the preseason hype all around I was not sure was merited. Its been fun though.

bdubyab60

Been some crazy games for sure. Makes you wonder where we would be at if we had our crap together at the start of conference.

bdubyab60

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on February 20, 2018, 08:37:23 pm
So are we at 19-8.
I guess you didn't watch how the game started. Enough bricks to build a nice outhouse. But of course we let them right back in it

Get off my case you know we playing like crap and if we don't make the tourney he needs to go.

This is also a Kentucky we should beat. Not near as good as they usually are by a long shot

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 20, 2018, 08:53:28 pm
I guess you didn't watch how the game started. Enough bricks to build a nice outhouse. But of course we let them right back in it

Get off my case you know we playing like crap and if we don't make the tourney he needs to go.

This is also a Kentucky we should beat. Not near as good as they usually are by a long shot

You're one of those never good enough hog fans.

Come out 11-0 on Kentucky and Kentucky sucks.

Come out 0-11 and Arkansas sucks and should fire Mike.

Silly.

AirWarren

43-43. Whoa as me. Kentucky sucks. Fire mike.

sportsguy80

Quote from: AirWarren on February 20, 2018, 08:59:29 pm
43-43. Whoa as me. Kentucky sucks. Fire mike.
Right lol. I guess fire Coach Cal too since Kentucky isn't ranked in the top 5...

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on February 20, 2018, 08:57:42 pm
You're one of those never good enough hog fans.

Come out 11-0 on Kentucky and Kentucky sucks.

Come out 0-11 and Arkansas sucks and should fire Mike.

Silly.
No Kentucky was horrible to start the game, were they not.

If we don't make the tourney. WE SHOULD FIRE MIKE.

What's silly is excepting the way this conference season started. There is absolutely no reason that the next time we play that it should t have been for the SEC regular season title.

I ABSOLUTELY want more from the program. I've made that absolutely clear. That is not silly. That is having higher expectations.

You guys can settle. We are favored to win this game and we should.

And if you don't think that Kentucky fans aren't happy with their season you've lost your mind.

I'm happy with every win. Maybe not with how we played but I'll take every win.

I'm sorry for expecting more than just good enough.

bdubyab60

And that should put Gafford back on SC top 10

bdubyab60

It has been and exciting game though.

And I don't know if he's ready but I'd MA can talk Gafford in to one more year it would a good deal

beach bum

This second half we are playing like we did when we were in our slump earlier in the year.... There is no energy and movement.

bdubyab60

Quit. Acceptable results. How silly of me. I'm on board 19-9 keep on trucking.

Exactly one complete game in the past two months and that was against A&M last week

beach bum

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 20, 2018, 10:04:04 pm
Quit. Acceptable results. How silly of me. I'm on board 19-9 keep on trucking.

Exactly one complete game in the past two months and that was against A&M last week

We finally created some space in the standings to only put ourselves back against the wall again after tonight. We must find a way to win one of the next two and they're both tough ones. Alabama in Tuscaloosa and SEC leader Auburn on senior night here next week.

Trojanbird

Too much one on one play and too many forced shots.  We looked tired down the stretch.
Did anyone notice that our last 2 three point attempts were not even close to the iron?

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on February 20, 2018, 10:18:28 pm
We finally created some space in the standings to only put ourselves back against the wall again after tonight. We must find a way to win one of the next two and they're both tough ones. Alabama in Tuscaloosa and SEC leader Auburn on senior night here next week.
Two y'all tasks. I was hoping the first 3 of the winning streak taught us to play defense again. Then the A&M game was like okay that really did help us. Then we fell back in to old habits.

First 5 minutes of this game we competed on the boards and made shots. Then Kentucky made a move, why we still pressed is beyond me. We have the weakest press in the country it seems, gives up way to many baskets and I don't know how many dunks they got. We aren't able to be patient on offense at all.

This is twice we have been a 60% plus favorite at home and really just got handled.

Beating Bama in Bama is a y'all order with the guards they have. I don't think we have anyone who can check Sexton. Auburn is beat up now so that is in our favor and it is at home.

So I don't think it's to much to ask for a split. Or at least hope for one

AirWarren

Key to the game.

36-6

Kentucky bench to our bench.

And I'm still behind it. 19-9. No reason to start calling for mikes head yet.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on February 21, 2018, 08:03:44 am
Key to the game.

36-6

Kentucky bench to our bench.

And I'm still behind it. 19-9. No reason to start calling for mikes head yet.

The person I was watching it with immediately at half time says.... "The stage seems a little too bright for Hall and CJ Jones on offense. They're shots look like lasers tonight." ...........No production from the 2nd unit is definitely what lost us the game last night in the middle 20 minutes of the game.

beach bum

Quote from: Trojanbird on February 20, 2018, 10:29:20 pm
Too much one on one play and too many forced shots.  We looked tired down the stretch.
Did anyone notice that our last 2 three point attempts were not even close to the iron?

Yes, even Barford seemed tired at the end of the game. They were all over him like glue. They really locked him down last night.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on February 21, 2018, 08:13:21 am
The person I was watching it with immediately at half time says.... "The stage seems a little too bright for Hall and CJ Jones on offense. They're shots look like lasers tonight." ...........No production from the 2nd unit is definitely what lost us the game last night in the middle 20 minutes of the game.

Hall and jones looked like deer in headlights.

Romeo

Seemed like they were too hyped, or in retired terms got "crunk" before the game and burned themselves out as the game got longer.

thebigman3

I mean how many Fg's did we hit in the last 6 minutes of the game?...2? 3? maybe it seems like. And still only lost by 15. That's just awful. Granted Kentucky's D was very good, but cmon now man..

sportsguy80

Yeah we looked very sluggish in the second half. Kentucky kept grinding and finished strong. Bama presents some matchup problems and it's a road game which adds more difficulty. Hopefully we can play a complete game and give ourselves a chance. I keep saying this is the best conference this year and the tournament will further prove it. Wouldn't be surprised if a lower seed won the SEC tournament.

beach bum

Quote from: sportsguy80 on February 22, 2018, 09:19:03 pm
Yeah we looked very sluggish in the second half. Kentucky kept grinding and finished strong. Bama presents some matchup problems and it's a road game which adds more difficulty. Hopefully we can play a complete game and give ourselves a chance. I keep saying this is the best conference this year and the tournament will further prove it. Wouldn't be surprised if a lower seed won the SEC tournament.

Can't believe there are six teams at 8-7 right now all tied for 3rd and then LSU at 7-8.... I seriously don't know if all those teams should be frustrated or happy with the uniqueness of these standings. There will more than likely be two teams that finish 10-8 and get a double bye as the 3 and 4 seed if they own the right tiebreakers. I am almost certain we will not see two teams be 10-8 and get double byes at the SEC tournament ever again. This has been such a strange conference year.

sportsguy80

We could have really used Bailey against Kentucky. I saw him on the bench that game but he didn't play. Glad he's getting some good minutes today.

bdubyab60

Another nail biter but I'll take it

beach bum

Wow... I'll take it. We guaranteed we would at least be .500 in conference play now.... Let's take out Auburn and our seeding will improve possibly to get us out of that 8 or 9 seed spot. I don't want to play Virginia or a team like that in the 2nd round in a few weeks.

AirWarren

sportsguy80

We need to show up and show out for senior night. I would love for us to go into the SEC tournament on a three game winning streak.

beach bum

Quote from: sportsguy80 on February 24, 2018, 08:35:15 pm
We need to show up and show out for senior night. I would love for us to go into the SEC tournament on a three game winning streak.

We really need to get out of that 8 vs 9 spot we seem to be hovering at. Hot streak up to 7 or land at a 10 would be ideal seeds

bdubyab60

Quote from: beach bum on February 24, 2018, 08:39:43 pm
We really need to get out of that 8 vs 9 spot we seem to be hovering at. Hot streak up to 7 or land at a 10 would be ideal seeds
If we want to go past the second round that would surely help

beach bum

Hogs need to hold on.... We are sitting at about a 9 point lead with 10 ish minutes left..

beach bum

We're about to clinch the winning conference record.... We need a win at Mizzou then to have Florida or Kentucky lose one to get top 4 and a double bye. It looks like we will sit anywhere between the 4 seed and 6 in the SEC tournament depending on our last game and what Florida and Kentucky do.

AirWarren

sportsguy80

bdubyab60

Good win on senior night. Maybe we can get the tourney crown

Lions84

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 28, 2018, 07:59:56 am
Good win on senior night. Maybe we can get the tourney crown

The Hogs were on fire last night.

bdubyab60

beach bum

Gafford is finally staying out of foul trouble more consistently and we are starting to see the 3 headed monster we all thought we would.... Plus the role players are sprinkling in here and there like we need. Two solid back to back games from CJ Jones off the bench to redeem is previous lull he was in.

bdubyab60

It's been good to see CJ get some confidence and making some shots

DerekOxford

No Michael Porter Jr for Mizzou today.

If Hogs can find a way to win up there and win SECT, they have an outside shot of a 4 seed. More likely a 5 as they'd need some teams ahead of them on seed lines to lose early in league tourneys.

I think they're a 6 with a win today and only winning one SECT game. Anything less and they're a 7.

AirWarren

Chance at Kentucky or Florida more than likely if we get passed second round. Man, wish our seniors could knock them out before they leave.

bdubyab60

ITV would be nice to beat either one them.

Right now not sharing the ball as much as we have been and mizzou is playing their butt off.

Need to put together a run

Trojanbird

It seems that when we think that we have turned the corner, we just take a couple of steps backwards!

bdubyab60

A 6 seed for the SEC tourney.

From worst to a double bye for mizzou in one year.

beach bum

You would think we need 2 wins now to make sure we aren't in that 8 seed line.... I wouldn't want to lose to Florida on Friday and leave it up to chance. We need to take care of business Thursday against an inferior opponent then try to get a win against the Gators. That will assure we are not in that 8 seed. Lose to Florida and we may be cutting it thin trying to get at least a 7 seed.

sportsguy80

Trust me the way this season is going we need to be prepared to face whoever. There isn't much separation after the top tier teams in the country. I expect more than average first round upsets from double digit seeded teams at the big dance.

bdubyab60

The cream usually rises to the top. There are always early round upsets. But Cinderella is usually at home in bed after the 3rd round most of the time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas