• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shirley have anyone good this year most graduate last year right?

Started by Ballhearts, September 15, 2016, 09:35:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballhearts

Backboard Shattered

Central Ark

ErnestTBass

Pretty good but runners up to that infamous group of Eagles!! Does Summer Barns still coach them. I vowed to never go back after that tree jumped in front of me and Summer let the air out of my backtire! If I go to a game up there this year I'm comin in the backside way from the other direction not by the tree

ErnestTBass

Boss gave me permission to go cut the tree down. Said send them Blue Chickens a strong message. I told him I was scared to as the ghost of Summer Barns stood guard at The Bridge! Looking out over here and yon for interlopers from Higden and Guy. Afraid he'd put us at lower seed status and we wouldn't have that!! Maybe I can team up with Jack Hutchcraft and we can get us an old crosscut cheap at an auction and cut it down in the wee wee hours and Summer Barns won't catch us!! What y'all think?? Tree or no tree at Shirley?? Should I start a pool as I'm sure there is much interest in this matter!

ballmember

To Ballhearts12  ,  Shirley had one graduate ,  2 transfers in: sophomore-Greers Ferry and junior-Clinton.  Both boys will help some i think;  probably 10 deep.   Should be good team.       

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ballmember on September 16, 2016, 05:29:03 pm
To Ballhearts12  ,  Shirley had one graduate ,  2 transfers in: sophomore-Greers Ferry and junior-Clinton.  Both boys will help some i think;  probably 10 deep.   Should be good team.     
This guy hit it spot on they are usually 7 deep and now this year we 10 deep, gonna be a fun year, Shirley has the shooter obviously, and three good Post men maybe 4, and a real solid point guard and slasher type guy. They will run you to death

ErnestTBass

Does Ol Summer Barns make them boys run down to the corner by the tree and then come back across the bridge and sidestraddle while doing pelvic pops like he used to!! His teams always run real fast to get across that bridge!! If he promises to leave my bicycle alone I'll make a game up there but I'm comin in the backside way. That tree ain't nothin or nobody to mess around by. Okay I said Shirley has now achieved higher seed status. Gonna be fun to watch Summer and Jack Hutchcraft go to town like we used to back in 83

ErnestTBass

And no matter how much Summ makes em run down to the tree and back they ain't gonna run Guy or the Yellow people to death! Now all the lower seeds they might do that to them. I'm sure they can put a real whuppin on TimboBeeBranchEdgemontScotlandBeverageTownDrascoWondervilleandWarhawkspaEnolaTigers but they ain't running Them T birds nowhere except to the concession stand! Can't beat a man like Hutchcraft at his own game! Exits stage whistling theme from Andy Griffith Show

Backboard Shattered

My Buy Yellowbirds are gonna be a handful.  Kind of tricky getting Guy and Bay consolidated by myself and bending the rules.  Good thing I got a great group giving me pointers.  And guess what?  We still class A

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on September 16, 2016, 09:34:00 pm
This guy hit it spot on they are usually 7 deep and now this year we 10 deep, gonna be a fun year, Shirley has the shooter obviously, and three good Post men maybe 4, and a real solid point guard and slasher type guy. They will run you to death

What kind of height are we talking about in the post?

Backboard Shattered

September 17, 2016, 01:54:37 pm #11 Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:11:50 pm by Backboard Shattered
8'3ish

ErnestTBass

Backboard Shattered

Boss told me he thought this team could play within 30 of the crew!  FYI he thought last years state champs team would've been beat by 45+

ErnestTBass

Backboard Shattered

Well Ernest you remember back in the day!  Boss has never been wrong not even once.  Best coach ever from latest poll

ErnestTBass

I'm still wearing my I voted sticker!! I dare not question Bosses knowledge or wisdom for fear of Woodrow and the Broom Boom Baby. I'm 14 in right now

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HorseFeathers on September 17, 2016, 12:54:23 pm
What kind of height are we talking about in the post?
The Privitt boy that plays the 4 is about 6'3 and the colored boy that can slam it in anybody's face is about 6'5 and has really worked on his game, and two post men coming off bench are both about 6'3

BeastieBoy13

Okay Privett is 6'2 with his shoes on at most, and the colored boy is maybe an inch taller then him. Definitely not 6'5 and I attended some summer camps and I didn't see a single dunk.

Warhawkpa80

Beastie boy who do you pledge your allegiance to? You say you saw them in the summer, must be from the area? Are you man/woman enough to say where you are from?

Warhawkpa80

I talked to rodge earlier said our new 6'6 boy can flat go. Really excited for bay to come to town for us to show them what's what! Justin thinks our boys are the best team he's ever had.

ErnestTBass

Backboard Shattered

ErnestTBass

Warhawkpa80

I heard the all the bosses associates could J.A.M. However, I've also heard the blue devils might not be as strong as the tree that hangs in the road.

ErnestTBass

That dandgumit tree! If me and Summer were on better terms we'd borrow that crosscut saw from Jack H and put the old 1-2 and a 1-2-3 on it cut down style

Warhawkpa80

I don't think a lower seed like jack H could handle it. Must be all boss boys to finish that kind of job. We've al heard how y'all used to finish.

ErnestTBass

You are right on third or fourth thought. That is one big Ol tree

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: BeastieBoy13 on September 17, 2016, 07:36:06 pm
Okay Privett is 6'2 with his shoes on at most, and the colored boy is maybe an inch taller then him. Definitely not 6'5 and I attended some summer camps and I didn't see a single dunk.
So Banner Mtn guy might be 1 inch off?

ErnestTBass

Be a good day to cut down a tree. Rumor has it Benny Brown planted the dern thing

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ErnestTBass on September 17, 2016, 08:36:40 pm
Colored?? Y'all sure you want to go there
Trust me if he heard me call him colored he would just swipe me on the shoulder and say "ole boy"

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on September 18, 2016, 08:37:15 am
So Banner Mtn guy might be 1 inch off?
I was about to say because trust me I know ALOT more about them than that guy does. Been to every one of their camps with them

Eagle_Mom_2

ErnestTBass

Trying to make me jealous I see!! I'm sure Coach Benny Brown WAS a strapping young man with much stamina(wink) back in his day. But to call a man of his age handsome well I just don't see it but I'm a guy so! I'll get you a chicken fried steak from Bentleys over here if you be nice(wink). You know what I mean!!Hard to believe it's come down to me and Benny

ErnestTBass

And you are right we are all lower seeds compared to Coach Ricky in the handsome department

Eagle_Mom_2

ErnestTBass

It's a date then!! Can't wait!! How many days till opening tip not counting Guy as they are already 11-0 in senior boys. Girls haven't played yet. All this according Damion Tease! I am tingly doing pelvic pops in anticipation of Coach Rickys new wardrobe! I'm thinking pinstripe double breasted bow tie. Oops will that kinda talk get people excited---- about the start of the season of course and nothing else I promise! 26 days plus one nocturnal eclipse. Go Eagles and Eaglettes

ErnestTBass

I was just pondering like I do sometimes but Is Shirley Shurl Williams hometown??

Central Ark

Backboard Shattered

ErnestTBass

I always know where to go to get confirmation on my ponderings!! Backboard comes through once again. BOOM

Backboard Shattered

When you live with the Boss you become semi genius!  Headed to Sale Barn gonna scope a few heifers

Catfish

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on September 17, 2016, 08:14:18 pm
I talked to rodge earlier said our new 6'6 boy can flat go. Really excited for bay to come to town for us to show them what's what! Justin thinks our boys are the best team he's ever had.

The best team he has ever had... Really now? What about the 09 team? No way they are better than them. There isn't a team in 1A right now that could play that team within 20 points IMO

ErnestTBass

I agree Catfisher!! That 09 bunch was nails!! Great pt guard! True warrior!! High seed team no doubt!

Backboard Shattered

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Catfish on September 27, 2016, 10:30:54 am
The best team he has ever had... Really now? What about the 09 team? No way they are better than them. There isn't a team in 1A right now that could play that team within 20 points IMO

one of the best to not win state

Central Ark

IMO, he was good but the best thing about that team was the depth. They had good sophomores and juniors who pushed the seniors in practice.

Warhawkpa80

I agree central ark. If I remember right there was a sophomore PG who Justin X and O told me pushed the starters everyday. Went on to become an all state player himself. Rodge is the master of developing talent.

ErnestTBass

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas