• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Richey best coach in the state in girls bball?

Started by Eagle_Mom_2, August 01, 2016, 07:40:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle_Mom_2

August 01, 2016, 07:40:37 pm Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:58:05 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

Backboard Shattered

August 01, 2016, 09:50:09 pm #1 Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 10:22:29 pm by Backboard Shattered
I totaly agree

Eagle_Mom_2

August 01, 2016, 10:03:17 pm #2 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:58:24 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

Backboard Shattered

I'm telling you that we will win state in boys and girls this year!  I think we have the wright peeses and coaches.  No doubt we will be hard to handle come tourney time I can't wait.  Let's go eagles!  All day every day! 

Backboard Shattered

Eagle_Mom_2

August 01, 2016, 10:30:03 pm #5 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 08:58:47 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

ErnestTBass

Who is this Coach Rickey fella anyway? Has the Boss give his approvel yet? That would be required for to be considered a higher seed in the coaching ranks. I'm betting you he can't hang with boy from Bay by dang

Backboard Shattered

He is a WSGF alumini.  Very good guy.  In it for the kids.  We like to keep our coaches if possible from the nest.  Nice knowing an eagle leading the Eagles.  Eagle mom 2 you are not the only one that thinks he is a young Gina Aurinmea.  Always profesaniol and does it for the wright reasons.  We will be good for years as long as the big schools don't come knocking

Eagle_Mom_2

August 02, 2016, 02:17:29 pm #8 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:01:12 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

ballmember

Time will tell about new coaches.    WSGF jr girls were very talented;  and most coaches will tell you that at the junior high level it is easier to win when you have more talent than the teams you play against. at senior high level it takes more and better coaching to compete.    By the time these girls get to be in the 12th grade and finish their senior year then you will have a chance to know how good of a coach you have.   Hope he does well.    Only time will tell.   

Backboard Shattered

Let the comparisons begun about Richey vs Areuinme! 
1. Richey has won champienships.  So has Areimora!
2. Ariemila has top notch facilities!  So does Richey!
3. Richey has a huge amount of followers and gets great talent!  So does Aurillio
4. Richey dresses like a pro and has pro hair!  So does Airliouma
5. Auriomie has multilpe rings Richey will have!

So if methametrics are correctificated.  I'd say Amarrilo by 1. Gonna be a great year I'll see y'all in March when the reel season starts

Eagle_Mom_2

August 02, 2016, 06:07:38 pm #11 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:01:41 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

Warhawkpa80

I can no longer stey silenced. I'm tierd of hereing about these coaches that are still wet behind the ears. I want the old gard guys to get some respeck. Guys like Justin Rogers, Jon Huchcraft, Keith Browne, keeth Corneck, Jared Skwires, and Tim Smithe who is back in the game.

hurricane 09

Quote from: Warhawkpa80 on August 03, 2016, 01:26:24 pm
I can no longer stey silenced. I'm tierd of hereing about these coaches that are still wet behind the ears. I want the old gard guys to get some respeck. Guys like Justin Rogers, Jon Huchcraft, Keith Browne, keeth Corneck, Jared Skwires, and Tim Smithe who is back in the game.

I know this is a basketball thread, but I was just thinking the same thing about football coaches. Living in northeast Arkansas, the local TV station is doing a spot each night on one or two of the local high school football teams and of course they interview the head coach. These guys are so young. Almost all in their mid-20s to early-30s. Spending my early years in Texas almost all head coaches in both football and basketball were in their 40s or 50s. What happened to wanting someone with experience? What happened to paying your dues working as an assistant to seasoned coaches who were established winners?

Bigtimebasketballfan

Probably because they can get out at 28 years and receive full teacher retirement. So most of the time they hit that mark somewhere between 50 and 55 so they retire, have none of the stress and make basically the same they made coaching, doing absolutely nothing

ErnestTBass

Coach Rickey cannot beat Geno Aruinemas or Brandon Brannamon at Bay! Hasn't achieved higher seed status yet

hurricane 09

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on August 03, 2016, 04:15:02 pm
Probably because they can get out at 28 years and receive full teacher retirement. So most of the time they hit that mark somewhere between 50 and 55 so they retire, have none of the stress and make basically the same they made coaching, doing absolutely nothing

Or the schools that are doing the hiring would rather pay someone with 5 years of experience rather that 20 years of experience. It's a much cheaper hire.

ErnestTBass

Why would they wanna hire lower seeds! Boss would come back for enough money if he could bring Woodrow his trusty janitor friend with him to keep the riff raff under control and the arena spic n span

ErnestTBass

Woodrow has cleaned up the house a bunch of times. We'd go on trips to totally put the hurt on people and the Boss would let us celebrate deseg- wise in the back telling us to go get em and we knew right where they were and leave a heck of a mess so awful. Boss was good to the 83 Bunch. Woodrow hunted us down and asked us if the Boss played everything and he didn't whoop on us too bad. Old Woodrow man

ErnestTBass

Woodrow wouldn't allow no riff raff in Brady Hipp arena nosireee

Eagle_Mom_2

December 05, 2016, 09:45:31 pm #20 Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 09:02:33 pm by Eagle_Mom_2

Warhawkpa80

Too bad we won't get to see him matchup against our boys coach. He would pulverize that little man suit and all.

Warhawkpa80

Better yet, richey couldn't hold the jockstrap of coach Davis. Davis at least has great game plans when he plays us. Might be nice to give him a little support instead of giving credit where it isn't due.

Eagle_Mom_2

December 21, 2016, 08:59:14 pm #23 Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 09:05:46 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Word on the street is that Coach Richey believes he has a plan to take down the number 2 seed Quitman Lady Bulldags next week at the Greers Ferry Lake Classic on the home floor. The girls are motivated and hungry and on a winning streak. At parent meetings we were discussing the weaknesses of Quitman's full court defense. Let the celebration begin.
Wwwwwooooohoooooooo
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Rackjack74

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 21, 2016, 08:59:14 pm
Word on the street is that Coach Richey believes he has a plan to take down the number 2 seed Quitman Lady Bulldags next week at the Greers Ferry Lake Classic on the home floor. The girls are motivated and hungry and on a winning streak. At parent meetings we were discussing the weaknesses of Quitman's full court defense. Let the celebration begin.
Wwwwwooooohoooooooo
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

I'd recommend waiting until 4:15ish Tuesday evening before setting the table and breaking open the bottle.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Rackjack74 on December 22, 2016, 01:02:38 pm
I'd recommend waiting until 4:15ish Tuesday evening before setting the table and breaking open the bottle.
Oh I'm not putting the cart before the house.  Just saying Quitman little overrated. 
And we will have huge advantage in post with Smith down low.  Haven't been too impressed with big girl from quitman when I've seen her.  Shooters very average if you just get hand up on them.
Lady Eagles by 6.
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on December 21, 2016, 08:59:14 pm
Wwwwwooooohoooooooo
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

all have parent meetings about Games?  Hum,,, Lamar must not have gotten that memo.  pretty neat!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on December 27, 2016, 01:07:16 pm
all have parent meetings about Games?  Hum,,, Lamar must not have gotten that memo.  pretty neat!
Y'all are missing out. In order to take your program to the next level crank up parent meetings. We make key decisions on concession stand foods, t-shirt designs, etc. We also make PowerPoint presentations for our coaches that diagram more efficient game plans and players' playing time, etc.
Now, in order for it to work you need full cooperation between coaches, players, fans, parents, the whole lot. I can tell you Coach Richey loves getting our opinions every third Tuesday of each month. We meet at Jensenns Restaurant and break it all down. Sometimes he'll even throw in a rose or 2 for me if I do a good enough job.
Side note: as far as concessions...it costs a little extra, but get the premium nacho ingredients. Even if you don't sell them all its a great treat for the workers to snack on after their shift in the stand.

Boatrocks

December 27, 2016, 11:25:05 pm #28 Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 11:38:52 pm by Boatrocks
After watching the game tonight, I can truly believe you and your ilk are his brain trust. Sad just sad!

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Boatrocks on December 27, 2016, 11:25:05 pm
After watching the game tonight, I can truly believe you and your ilk are his brain trust. Sad just sad!

I read that as my "silk" at first and thought, how the heck does he know what kind of nightgown I wear, and beyond that, what does my choice of fabric do to help me influence our beloved coach's game plan?? Then realized it was ilk.
Listen, I don't know if you're trying to divide us in our seeking to reach our goals or just like to rock the boat amongst our fans or what, but let me say this: We are a united West Side front. We support coach Richey and only seek to influence him a wee little bit. We are truly, as Cripsy Lops says, Eagles All Day. So if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Boatrocks

Your the one posting all the hyperbole on here. I think you should maybe go back and read all you post on the forum. It's quite embarrassing for your school.

Eagle_Mom_2

Had hoped to be watching Coach Richey leading the Lady Eagles to some wins in conference play tonight. Instead have the night off. Makes me a little sad. However, I would imagine Coach Richey used the day to plot ways for our girls to get better for the stretch run. Although I've been a little disappointed in our play of late I am trusting Coach Richey to take us home!
Back in confident mode and looking forward to going to state tournament.

Catfish

Y'all are so bad though... I'm sorry but it's true.

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on January 08, 2017, 02:55:59 pm
Y'all are so bad though... I'm sorry but it's true.
Time will tell. Trust in Richey. Trust our girls. Trust tradition.
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 08, 2017, 05:28:10 pm
Time will tell. Trust in Richey. Trust our girls. Trust tradition.
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

zero. Calm down Ms. Finch

Eagle_Mom_2

Quote from: Catfish on January 10, 2017, 09:40:23 am
zero. Calm down Ms. Finch

Oh I'm calm, however I think you have me confused for someone else.

Catfish

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on January 10, 2017, 12:13:04 pm
Oh I'm calm, however I think you have me confused for someone else.

Do I?? Im not so sure I do.

Areyoukiddingme

Catfish

SackAttack

Look guys passion is in short supply these days. If she wants to be highly involved for the betterment of her program then who can fault her. Whether she's sharing her passionate feelings or thoughts with the admin or with the school board or with the coaches then I say fire away! School board would most likely get the most results. show them passion and they will give her just about anything she wants. somebody has to why not her. Don't hate!!

Boatrocks

During a discussion recently that name came up as well. This person is always talking about a sophomore stepping up or not getting playtime, it was said she has a daughter on the team, and it does tie in with all her post about school functions, concession foods... In the conversation I also understood her father is on the school board, that could be an uncomfortable topic over dinner.

Catfish

All I know is.. Eagle Mom has been pretty quite since I brought that name up lol

SackAttack

You guys are sweating the small stuff. Like I said earlier what difference does it really make. I can totally understand yall want to know who this Eagle Mom is but doesnt it make more sense to admire her passion and love for Westside athletics. I bet you she is a pillar of the community whoever she is and adored by all of the lake lovers. Let her keep doing her thing I say!!

Catfish

Quote from: SackAttack on January 11, 2017, 03:35:00 pm
You guys are sweating the small stuff. Like I said earlier what difference does it really make. I can totally understand yall want to know who this Eagle Mom is but doesnt it make more sense to admire her passion and love for Westside athletics. I bet you she is a pillar of the community whoever she is and adored by all of the lake lovers. Let her keep doing her thing I say!!

Yeah... im sure lol

Boatrocks

I think you should take a little bit and scroll back thru a few threads. The comments about other children and their ability would make for division on any team. The conversation I was previ too said, that's just one reason why they fell apart before Christmas, apparently jealously, and parental pressure was another.

SackAttack

Quote from: Boatrocks on January 12, 2017, 05:37:34 pm
I think you should take a little bit and scroll back thru a few threads. The comments about other children and their ability would make for division on any team. The conversation I was previ too said, that's just one reason why they fell apart before Christmas, apparently jealously, and parental pressure was another.
Isnt that everywhere these days to some degree??

Eagle_Mom_2

Well, I would say Coach Richey out-dueled the ole Mark Strotchner from Concord tonight. Our girls are rolling now. Have a good chance to keep it going and challenge for a state tournament trip now.
Been telling all of you this all along. My only regret is losing a little faith in Coach Richey for about 30 minutes after a couple of losses recently. Wish our boys could've got a win or 2 tonight but happens sometimes.
Here we come!
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

SackAttack

Heard coach Richey dialed up a gem Friday night!!

Eagle_Mom_2

Welp, what a surprise?! Coach Richey has led us to a solid seed going into district tournament. Looks like we are the best girls team in the district, just like I said we would be. I think we are in position to be able to beat any team in regionals we face. State tournament here we come!
Eagles Flyyyyyyyy

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas