• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 1A GIRLS FINAL(Friday 7:00) Nemo Vista vs Kirby

Started by HorseFeathers, March 06, 2016, 09:50:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Nemo Vista
40 (69%)
Kirby
18 (31%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:33:44 pm

HorseFeathers

....part 3. Nemo has beat Kirby the last two years in the semi finals...last year by 1, 2 years ago by 16....

So...who ya got this year?

NEA Razorback olfan

BannerChaser95

Kirby by 5, big girls playing extremely well, Nemos big got 2 quick ones  against Scranton and she was almost non existent the rest of the first half. Guard play will benifit Nemo as they're not quicker but taller, just think this will be a game till the end and Kirby gets the rebounds!

dc3

Got to say I'm pulling for Nemo on this one. Not very impressed with Kirby's play yesterday against WV. But I will say their 21 is hard to stop.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: dc3 on March 06, 2016, 11:25:31 am
Got to say I'm pulling for Nemo on this one. Not very impressed with Kirby's play yesterday against WV. But I will say their 21 is hard to stop.
down 12 at the end of the 1st! With the way wonderview made shots, Kirby made adjustments, Kirby had lost 2 years in a row to Nemo, only to have them win it all. That's the X factor if Kirby coming back and making those adjustments, just to finally get a chance at that title doesn't make you as excited as a 3 peat I don't know what will. Great atmosphere in 1A girls and these girls could compete 1-4A if you ask me.

HorseFeathers

4a riverview(32-0) beat both nemo and Kirby by double digits

BannerChaser95

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 11:42:17 am
Kirby girls beat state semi finalist 3a jessieville double digits.  I said compete. Not win state titles lol

BannerChaser95

River view is also fixing to beat CAC, by 15.+ in the state finals so that's a fair loss, nemos lost to wonderview, riverview, and Who

Kirbys losses were Caddo by1 at Caddo
Riverview at bauxite

J.D.

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 11:42:17 am

4A riverview would also beat 95% of the teams in the state by 25+

BannerChaser95

Quote from: J.D. on March 06, 2016, 12:43:25 pm
4A riverview would also beat 95% of the teams in the state by 25+
exactly, beat Kirby by 12, bear Nemo by 11. The only difference in these teams, Kirby beat jessiville by 12. Where Nemo lost by 2.  Both stomped ICC, sacred, both played the freshmen move up in wonderview. This state finals will be tight

PuddlePirate12

Both teams are deservant. I've always cheered for Nemo in the finals years past put Kirby has treated us Emerson people so kindly over the last week I must cheer for them this year. I say Kirby by 2. If not Nemo with the 4 peat lol will play WV in finals next year

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 06, 2016, 02:27:38 pm
Both teams are deservant. I've always cheered for Nemo in the finals years past put Kirby has treated us Emerson people so kindly over the last week I must cheer for them this year. I say Kirby by 2. If not Nemo with the 4 peat lol will play WV in finals next year
Black/maroon/yellow/ gray student section headed your way come Friday. It's going to be loud

dc3

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 06, 2016, 11:36:17 am
down 12 at the end of the 1st! With the way wonderview made shots, Kirby made adjustments, Kirby had lost 2 years in a row to Nemo, only to have them win it all. That's the X factor if Kirby coming back and making those adjustments, just to finally get a chance at that title doesn't make you as excited as a 3 peat I don't know what will. Great atmosphere in 1A girls and these girls could compete 1-4A if you ask me.

I didn't feel like they made many adjustments. WV just went cold that 3rd Q and Kirby was putting them in the basket. They are a good team, I will give them that. And it's going to take a post man setting her feet while guarding 21 to get a charge call before anyone will be able to stop her. I don't know the coach, but lost some respect for him during the game when he was saying (I say saying because I didn't actually hear it but can definitely read lips) "are you f*ing kidding me" at every call that was made against his team.

Catfish

I'm pulling for Nemo because it is a local school for me, and I think it would be pretty cool for a 3 peat.  Kirby has been so close the last two years and can't get over the hump. I think It will be a great game. But I'm gonna say nemo by 2

NewRecruit

March 06, 2016, 09:40:36 pm #14 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:43:05 pm by NewRecruit
Quote from: dc3 on March 06, 2016, 03:17:13 pm
I didn't feel like they made many adjustments. WV just went cold that 3rd Q and Kirby was putting them in the basket. They are a good team, I will give them that. And it's going to take a post man setting her feet while guarding 21 to get a charge call before anyone will be able to stop her. I don't know the coach, but lost some respect for him during the game when he was saying (I say saying because I didn't actually hear it but can definitely read lips) "are you f*ing kidding me" at every call that was made against his team.
So you're saying the coach was saying that with 2 school board members and the Superintendent sitting right behind him. I have to disagree, I know the man and he may yell and scream, but I don't believe for 1 second that he was saying that, especially around those girls, You might want to take a few more lip reading classes.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: NewRecruit on March 06, 2016, 09:40:36 pm
So you're saying the coach was saying that with 2 school board members and the Superintendent sitting right behind him. I have to disagree, I know the man and he may yell and scream, but I don't believe for 1 second that he was saying that, especially around those girls, You might want to take a few more lip reading classes.
Im pretty positive he didn't say those things either. The refs weren't the best, but he's not like that.

Motownsportsfan

Nemo by 6. Those girls refuse to lose in tough games. Kirby's forte is full court all out and I think their coach made a great adjustment by slowing game down before they got too far behind. WV has to play fast. When they had Nemo down 10 in forth quarter the game slowed down and Nemo is hard to beat in half court. Should be a good game. Kirby will have to hit some three's because Harrison is the best in 1A in the paint. Good Luck to both teams

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 07, 2016, 07:51:02 am
Nemo by 6. Those girls refuse to lose in tough games. Kirby's forte is full court all out and I think their coach made a great adjustment by slowing game down before they got too far behind. WV has to play fast. When they had Nemo down 10 in forth quarter the game slowed down and Nemo is hard to beat in half court. Should be a good game. Kirby will have to hit some three's because Harrison is the best in 1A in the paint. Good Luck to both teams
she caught 3 fouls in the first half against Scranton, and was a non factor for the last 6 minutes of the second quarter, she can't do that again with kirbys 2 bigs.

Yardbird

GO CENTER RIDGE ........where in the world is Kirby ?

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Yardbird on March 07, 2016, 10:01:05 am
40 minutes south of hot springs!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Yardbird on March 07, 2016, 10:01:05 am

A cross roads between Murfreesboro and Glenwood

PuddlePirate12

Kirby will have to slow the Harrison girl down. She is an absolute beast. Seriously if she was on a boys team in our conference she would be all-conference. She would be the best post player lol. Are there any seniors on this team? If not and they win this year.. A 4 peat is likely lol. I know WV is going to be tough as well

HorseFeathers

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 07, 2016, 12:55:30 pm
Kirby will have to slow the Harrison girl down. She is an absolute beast. Seriously if she was on a boys team in our conference she would be all-conference. She would be the best post player lol. Are there any seniors on this team? If not and they win this year.. A 4 peat is likely lol. I know WV is going to be tough as well

Andrews, palidino and first one off the bench are seniors...mahan, munoz, and Harrison are juniors

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on March 07, 2016, 02:02:21 pm
Andrews, palidino and first one off the bench are seniors...mahan, munoz, and Harrison are juniors

That doesn't bode well for 1A girls next year.

Motownsportsfan

Make no mistake Nemo will not be the same next year losing those 3. Great players for sure. 2 of them are lights out from outside and the Brown girl is solid. Been a dominant 3 year run tho

Catfish

I would throw a junk defense at Nemo every single night next year. Definitely won't be the same team.

dc3

Quote from: NewRecruit on March 06, 2016, 09:40:36 pm

He may not of actually made sound, but he was definitely mouthing the words. Now, I have spoke to a few people since the game and have heard that he is a really good coach and person, but he does get emotional. Which is understandable! It was a very intense ball game, definitely opportunities to let some things slip. Unless your were sitting ACROSS from him you can't say that he DID NOT mouth the words.

44moses

Old guy from Nemo, pulling for the 3 peat, nemo by 9

riccoar

March 11, 2016, 09:11:46 am #28 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:24:45 am by riccoar
Mahan has a very nice jumpshot.

44moses

PuddlePirate12

44moses

44moses

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Nvm...I got the 15 dollar one last year, was thinking it was only 10

44moses

this one does not play, you guys know of other places that have the game live?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 44moses on March 11, 2016, 07:04:06 pm
this one does not play, you guys know of other places that have the game live?

Cw arkansas on cable/antennae/satellite has it on....I'm sitting in a restaurant watchinf it now

Catfish

After 1

Kirby 13
Nemo 11

Kirby is the real deal. First time I've gotten to see them this year.

teachers pet

They both played Jessieville this year with Kirby winning and Nemo losing. Kirby is the real deal.

Yardbird

Is it over ? If so what's the score.  Guess Center RIDGE won by a few.

Motownsportsfan

teachers pet

March 11, 2016, 08:09:37 pm #41 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:11:22 pm by teachers pet
Center Ridge plays after the girls game tomorrow.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Yardbird on March 11, 2016, 08:01:04 pm
Is it over ? If so what's the score.  Guess Center RIDGE won by a few.

3rd quarter....nemo opened up the second half on a 14-2 run, to go up 5

Catfish

BigLion10

Nemo is in center ridge. It's cedar ridge that plays tomorrow

Frosty

mtindian42

Bomberman

Motownsportsfan

The end of a dynasty.  Congrats to Nemo.  Clearly the better team. Now they ride off never to be heard from again.

arstatechamp13

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas