• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD: 1A BOYS FINAL(Friday 5:15) Emerson and Bay Round 2

Started by Thechosen1, March 05, 2016, 10:41:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win?

Emerson
30 (42.3%)
Bay
41 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: March 12, 2016, 02:34:19 pm

PuddlePirate12

Thechosen1

Bay has no recruits, Emerson had no recruits, big bad guy had 3 and they're left sitting on their butts at home trying to hit up somebody else from greenbrier to come over next year so maybe they'll have a chance next year. It doesn't matter who you say gets recruited anyway you can't recruit a player and tell him to come to your team and he just has too, kids make that decision to go play for another team so let's just stop this whole recruiting bs bc regardless of what anyone says or does teams are gonna have new move ins every single year and that's just freaking part of it.

yesteryearman

March 06, 2016, 03:41:42 pm #52 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 03:51:46 pm by yesteryearman
Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2016, 03:08:03 pm
Bay has no recruits, Emerson had no recruits, big bad guy had 3 and they're left sitting on their butts at home trying to hit up somebody else from greenbrier to come over next year so maybe they'll have a chance next year. It doesn't matter who you say gets recruited anyway you can't recruit a player and tell him to come to your team and he just has too, kids make that decision to go play for another team so let's just stop this whole recruiting bs bc regardless of what anyone says or does teams are gonna have new move ins every single year and that's just freaking part of it.

I hear what you are saying, and I went back and looked at Greenbrier's roster for 2014-2015 and both Campbell and Ballard are on the roster.  Assuming they are the same Ballard and Campbell who started for Guy you just have to wonder about two very good players, and starters, moving from the same school to the same school in the same year.  I think what that tends to do is to tilt the playing field against the schools who bring kids up from elementary thru the program, and then, especially in 1A, get a group together that are good enough to make a run, only to get beaten by teams with jrs and srs who weren't there the year before.  Let me say a little more and I will let it rest...kids do move and there are situations where kids move to a school in their senior.  And I know the situation with Watson was a little bit different in that he came with his brother, and I now am convinced that he simply wanted to be part of a winning program in his last year of high school, and everyone should be able to now understand that.  A very good player and good person who just need the guidance that he got in an excellent program.   I believe the Guy situation is entirely different.  You just look at the programs in the County Line's, Kirby,  and others who just want to catch that magic for one year, and yes, be like Bay, and other schools who are successful year after year, and have a situation like Guy knock you out, it is hard to take.

HorseFeathers

Campbell was at guy k-10...and his house burnt, or so the story goes, moved to greenbrier for a year...then moved back to guy when they found a place...his mom played for hutch as well...so to call him a recruit is a stretch. ill give you ballard, And whos the 3rd recruit?

PuddlePirate12

Well supposedly Kirby is getting 3 move-ins next year lol

PuddlePirate12

Bentonville plays Friday night too. If you don't get there at noon you won't be watching the game lol

Thechosen1

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 03:54:03 pm
Campbell was at guy k-10...and his house burnt, or so the story goes, moved to greenbrier for a year...then moved back to guy when they found a place...his mom played for hutch as well...so to call him a recruit is a stretch. ill give you ballard, And whos the 3rd recruit?
Where is ealy from?

Moonshiner

yesteryearman

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2016, 04:24:58 pm
Where is ealy from?

If you will agree that Ballard was "swayed", would Guy have beaten Kirby without him? 

Thechosen1

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 06, 2016, 04:37:30 pm
There have been Ealy's at Guy forever.
I didn't know just assumed. He must've been a sophomore or I figured guy would have made the state tournament at least last year.

HorseFeathers

Is ealy the taller guard? I'm drawing a blank on who he is?

PuddlePirate12

Quote from: yesteryearman on March 06, 2016, 04:40:19 pm
If you will agree that Ballard was "swayed", would Guy have beaten Kirby without him?

Most likely. But not by 20. Their 6th guy off the bench was a huge drop off from any of their starting 5

Thechosen1

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 04:52:21 pm
Is ealy the taller guard? I'm drawing a blank on who he is?
Yes long braided hair

HorseFeathers

He was there in junior high. Ballard is the only "recruit". I had an article from Conway paper ibwas going to link, but can't find it now. A lot of the kids on the team are related to each other, and are second generation guy-perkins basketball players for hutchcraft....all except ole Josh Ballard

yesteryearman

Quote from: HF on March 06, 2016, 05:05:12 pm
He was there in junior high. Ballard is the only "recruit". I had an article from Conway paper ibwas going to link, but can't find it now. A lot of the kids on the team are related to each other, and are second generation guy-perkins basketball players for hutchcraft....all except ole Josh Ballard

By the way, how many pts did Ballard have against Bay Sat nite?

PuddlePirate12

Not sure. The ealy kid was the one killing. He had like 24 or so when I looked up in the 3rd quarter. Then 23 got hot. IMO 22 shouldn't have been shooting the ball there towards the end. He shot one deep 3 with a man all over him and another dribbling to his left pull up with a man on him. He can shoot it but I'd have to give the ball to Campbell or Ballard in that situation

HorseFeathers

Thechosen1

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on March 06, 2016, 04:02:57 pm
Well supposedly Kirby is getting 3 move-ins next year lol
idk about 3 but a kid has moved schools already enrolled in to school from Caddo hills. Lot of drama at school tied in to the move is what I heard

hawgfan15

Quote from: BannerChaser95 on March 06, 2016, 07:01:30 pm
idk about 3 but a kid has moved schools already enrolled in to school from Caddo hills. Lot of drama at school tied in to the move is what I heard

The kid that transferred from Caddo will be an 8th grader and he is really good. He will be better than any guard Kirby has had in the last decade. Dad needs to get out of the way though. That is the source of the drama at Caddo.

hawgfan15

How many starters are back for Bay this year? I recognized several of the names that were mentioned.

Thechosen1

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 06, 2016, 07:22:29 pm
How many starters are back for Bay this year? I recognized several of the names that were mentioned.
4 of the 5. Next year 3 will be back including the 6th man

BeastieBoy13

Ctucker

I don't no way yalls on guy so bAd.Watson lead bay last year and he went to 3 different high schools in his career!

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Ctucker on March 06, 2016, 08:26:28 pm
I don't no way yalls on guy so bAd.Watson lead bay last year and he went to 3 different high schools in his career!
Exactly. And Crain is from Trumann.

yesteryearman

If Bay wins it will be because they played better.  If Emerson wins it will be because they played better.   Nothing else matters.

arstatechamp13

thegoldenboy22

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on March 06, 2016, 08:35:30 pm
Crain is not from Trumann, he's been at Bay his whole high school career.

Thechosen1

Who gave you this info? Bc your way off Crain is not from Trumann lol

bscinar

Crain made a legit move in the 8th grade. Feel free to PM me if you want the details. I'm pretty sure I have the facts on this one -

bscinar

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 06, 2016, 09:24:29 pm
Who gave you this info? Bc your way off Crain is not from Trumann lol

Crain definitely not from Trumann - he moved in before the 8th grade - from Nettleton.

BasketballNeverStops

Pardon me, I guess I read wrong from an earlier thread.

PuddlePirate12

tacomeat

Catfish

PuddlePirate12

smallybells

Catfish

Halftime

Bay 25
Emerson 22

Bay is missing number 3 bad. Has 3 fouls

PuddlePirate12

Catfish

PuddlePirate12

You'll never win a state championship missing this many free throws. Congrats to Bay

Catfish

RedWolf275

Congratulation to the Bay Yellowjackets on bringing home another title to NEA. I would say Bay is a dynasty in 1A basketball. Tyler Pritchett just too much for a very good Emerson team today.

BasketballNeverStops

March 11, 2016, 06:56:19 pm #93 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 08:40:04 pm by BasketballNeverStops
Congrats to both teams on great seasons!

arstatechamp13

Hey AAA, how about have the state finals somewhere that there's enough seats for more than 50% of the people.

NEark tigers

NORTHEAST ARKANSAS WINS AGAIN.....ITS WHERE THE REAL BALLERS ARE!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 11, 2016, 06:55:54 pm
Congratulation to the Bay Yellowjackets on bringing home another title to NEA. I would say Bay is a dynasty in 1A basketball. Tyler Pritchett just too much for a very good Emerson team today.

4 titles in 6 years, and 5 appearances in 7 years.....that MIGHT just be  a dynasty

HorseFeathers

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 11, 2016, 06:57:51 pm
Hey AAA, how about have the state finals somewhere that there's enough seats for more than 50% of the people.

This is one championship I wouldn't be opposed to seeing moved to Fayetteville....or permanently to little rock

RedWolf275

Quote from: arstatechamp13 on March 11, 2016, 06:57:51 pm

+1 on that. Ridiculous

arstatechamp13

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas