• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1A Girls Bracket

Started by Brian G, February 28, 2016, 09:22:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bball2015

It will be a great week of class A girls basketball. Everyone starts the same with a         
0-0 record.

yesteryearman

Quote from: bball2015 on February 28, 2016, 12:38:10 pm
It will be a great week of class A girls basketball. Everyone starts the same with a         
0-0 record.

Kirby vs Bay second round, great matchup

PuddlePirate12

Almost all the second round matchups are gonna be really good. Girls is loaded

BannerChaser95

Quote from: PuddlePirate12 on February 28, 2016, 02:54:33 pm
Almost all the second round matchups are gonna be really good. Girls is loaded
im confident in about 1-2 first round match ups. Other than that I feel like any team can win a game

PuddlePirate12

First round I'll take:

Kirby over Alpena
Bay over Sacred Heart
Jasper over Emerson
WV over Norfork
Nemo over Calico Rock
Acorn over Scranton
ICC over Bradford
Kingston over Caddo-- not sure how good Kingston is this year. Caddo is pretty dang good IMO. Could be Caddo over Kingston here

eoutlaw

Looks like another Nemo Vista/Wonderview rematch to me.

PuddlePirate12

Maybe so. There's some tough competition on both sides. I'll take Kirby vs Nemo in finals I think. But I haven't seen all the girls teams play so I really don't know

bchw72658

i really think norfork can play wonderview. they have had one similar opponent , Kingston, and WV lost by 14 norfork lost by 9. Norfork did beat ICC in District Championship and almost beat them in regionals.

Motownsportsfan

Sacred Heart beat Wonderview without Freshman. WV won by 26 with Freshman. This is a way different team now than when they played back then

bchw72658

Norfork moved up 2 very skilled and fast freshman. All im saying is it wont be a blowout like everyone is assuning

Motownsportsfan

Wonderview could very well lose their first game. They could also be playing for it all. That's what you get when you only have 1 sr. They start 2 freshman and 2 sophs. 1st two in are freshman and Sophomore. Very young and inexperienced

HorseFeathers

Wonderview/Norfrk could be best girks game of first round

bchw72658

Agreed. 1sr for norfork, 2 jr's & 2 soph and 2 fresh are first to sub. Norfork will have to give it their all and if they are on their 3pointers they are hard to beat because they can all shoot the 3.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bchw72658 on February 29, 2016, 02:18:09 pm
Agreed. 1sr for norfork, 2 jr's & 2 soph and 2 fresh are first to sub. Norfork will have to give it their all and if they are on their 3pointers they are hard to beat because they can all shoot the 3.

WV isn't to bad shooting the 3 themselves....

J.D.

Quote from: HF on February 29, 2016, 02:19:37 pm
WV isn't to bad shooting the 3 themselves....

What time of the year is it?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: J.D. on February 29, 2016, 02:20:16 pm
What time of the year is it?

Conway county invitational time i believe

bchw72658

Wonderview may shoot them out of the gym but maybe not

audiogirl

WV looked strong last night.  Two post girls good at finding each other in the paint and the 3's were falling. They are fast and fun to watch.

Moonshiner

Norfork didn't show up last night.  They did the same thing in the regional finals.  Well, one of them showed up.

Motownsportsfan

Huge win for Sacred Heart. Scrappy team. I thought the tall girl for Norfolk was hard to guard by Wonderview. They couldn't seem to slow her in first half. Norfolk didn't hit many threes or it could have been a different game. I think all 3 teams from that district, Nemo Sacred heart and Wonderview are all scrappy teams. Nemo has the difference maker on the blocks that seperates them from the rest.

audiogirl

Imagine what Dodson will do with 10-20 extra pounds and some more experience.

Motownsportsfan

Yes she is skilled and needs to gain muscle because I thought Simon made a great adjustment by rotating the 2 physical quicker guards on her in 2nd half. Seemed to disrupt her game as evidence of a 2 point 2nd half. Great player tho

HorseFeathers

Let's see
I'll take
Acorn, kingston, and Kirby to win tonight

playhard

March 03, 2016, 01:29:10 pm #24 Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:31:00 pm by playhard
I think Scranton, Kingston,  & Kirby will win tonight.

HorseFeathers

Well looks like I'm wrong with acorn so far...

Thechosen1

Just thinking... Bay girls
Lost on a game winning layup to flippin by 1.
Lost on a game winning 30 footer to Marmaduke when was up by 2.
Lost to Marmaduke by 1.
Lost to ICC in regionals on a 40 footer at buzzer up by 1.
Lost to sh in first round by 1.
Lost by a total of 6 points in 5 losses that's pretty unheard of and impressive. Could've won all those games. Jackets had a great year everyone was expecting more but things don't always go your way. Congrats to SH on the win and good luck the rest of the way out.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Thechosen1 on March 03, 2016, 02:03:29 pm
Just thinking... Bay girls
Lost on a game winning layup to flippin by 1.
Lost on a game winning 30 footer to Marmaduke when was up by 2.
Lost to Marmaduke by 1.
Lost to ICC in regionals on a 40 footer at buzzer up by 1.
Lost to sh in first round by 1.
Lost by a total of 6 points in 5 losses that's pretty unheard of and impressive. Could've won all those games. Jackets had a great year everyone was expecting more but things don't always go your way. Congrats to SH on the win and good luck the rest of the way out.

+1

Batman44

Very impressive, and especially with such a young team!!!

Silky Johnson

If anything they need to use this post season as motivation for next year.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 03, 2016, 04:55:19 pm
If anything they need to use this post season as motivation for next year.
the real question for now is do Kirby girls do the same, 2 final four losses in a row for this sr class.  ???

BannerChaser95

Acorns vs Scranton games score doesn't reflect the same acorn of the season and regional finals. Looked like they could care less to be there and missed probably 20 shots 5feet or less

Silky Johnson

If they played with that attitude than they were already beat before they showed up at ICC today.

BannerChaser95

Really what it seemed like from my point of view, looked ready for track season, just back and forth down the court, Scranton made lay ups early, acorn didn't. Simple really. Acorn from the district finals showed back up

audiogirl

So let's hear your predictions.....

BannerChaser95

Quote from: audiogirl on March 04, 2016, 08:02:56 am
So let's hear your predictions.....
Nemo, jasper, and ICC. I'm taking jasper just because I haven't seen the wonderview freshman. But who knows.

eoutlaw

Can Jasper run with Wonderview?

BannerChaser95

I mean they looked decent. Someone from jasper said "well we won our first game by 31." An Emerson girls team that lost to Kirby at home by 50+ with starters playing 3 minutes in second half only up 30 at that point.  Scores over 4 seed ain't what they seem, is the point! The girls games today should all be close, mane except nemos. I have them winning by 10+

Moonshiner

Quote from: eoutlaw on March 04, 2016, 08:56:58 am
Can Jasper run with Wonderview?

Yes.  If they continue playing like they did last week it will be a good game.

Motownsportsfan

Kirby vs Wonderview should be a great game. I think this will come down to the wire. Coach Simon seems to be pushing the right buttons at the right time. Kirby is always tough. 2 great programs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas