• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 10 for 2014

Started by BananaHands501, March 16, 2014, 12:21:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Harding will be a good test....have y'all played any good competition in summer camps this year

Timberwolf08

Not sure what their team camps looked like this year, Reaves wasn't able to play until just a couple of weeks ago after shoulder surgery so I'm not sure it'll be an accurate reflection anyway...for anyone who doesn't know since we've changed classifications, he missed most of the second half of the season with a shoulder injury and made it back a week or so before district tourney, and it dislocated again, twice, during state. They'll be tough this year for sure. I wholeheartedly believe Cade and Austin will finish out being better than their older brothers. Something most people didn't see with cr because of the style offense they run is that those boys are scorers top to bottom, they run so many sets and are so unselfish that most only think Spencer and Cole can score. I'm sure it'll be an adjustment at first, especially for whoever fills the open starting spots, but barring some fluke, I expect them to make some noise in the postseason.

BigMan15

Who and when is their first game

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: bdog32 on August 22, 2014, 06:09:49 am
Bald knob
Barton
Cedar Ridge
Harding Academy
Marianna Lee
Rose Bud
Is this your basketball ranking for the upcoming season?

HorseFeathers

looks like he was replying to the guy who asked what conference that cedar ridge is in this upcoming year.  . .

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: HF on August 22, 2014, 12:50:55 pm
looks like he was replying to the guy who asked what conference that cedar ridge is in this upcoming year.  . .
Oh thanks HF. I was thinking there was no way that was his preseason poll...

bdog32

Yes I was saying who was in the conference  not sure bout a few of those teams but my predicition is
1. HardingAcademy
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Marianna
4. Rose Bud
5. Barton
6. Bald Knob

doubled

What did HA lose from last year? What did they get from Jr high?

BigMan15

I think that Cedar Ridge will win this conference but it should be a good race....

Mississippi King

I know it's early but has anybody heard any rumors about who may bid on each regional and/or the state tournament in 3A this year?

BigMan15

I know that Paris has 3a-4 district but I hope that charleston has state or regional I thought it was great last year

bulldog42

Quote from: Mississippi King on August 23, 2014, 12:43:02 am
I know it's early but has anybody heard any rumors about who may bid on each regional and/or the state tournament in 3A this year?
I am not 100% sure for region three but I would assume the regional will be hosted by someone in 3A3   From what I have heard probably  Manilla.   I know the 3a1e district will be at Melbourne.   Of course it is early who knows what will happen by bid time. 

WildcatGrandpa13

I want State to be at Riverview again. Riverview's gym is awesome and I thought they put on a great state tournament in 2013

Eagle20

Good memories from there for Eagle fans.  We won the State tournament in 09 beating Earle in semis there.  It was so loud during that comeback every hair on your body stood sat attention.  Down 10 going into fourth and gave them dose of their own pressure.  Awesome game!  We also won 2010 regionals there.  Spanked Riverview in finals by 20.  Good memories!

BigLion10

I remember those years eagle england was still in 3a and in coerce with riverview and harding the crowds there were electric

WPWells

Let's get some more speculation going on this season. I know the foreign exchange student for Charleston is an excellent basketball player

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 22, 2014, 08:42:44 am
Let's get some more speculation going on this season. I know the foreign exchange student for Charleston is an excellent basketball player
I haven't seen him play yet but I have heard he will be the third best player on that team...

WPWells

Which will make him a tremendous asset

North Face

Where is kid from and what connection does he have with Charleston?

WPWells

Foreign exchange student from Ireland

BigMan15

WPWells

Yes but foreign exchange students only stay one year anyway

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 22, 2014, 11:11:30 am
Is he allowed to play? ECS had a kid from China that was not able to play his first year at the school

ATU

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on September 23, 2014, 06:29:27 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 22, 2014, 11:11:30 am
Is he allowed to play? ECS had a kid from China that was not able to play his first year at the school
He's playing football as the kicker,so i'm sure he will be playing bb.

BigMan15

Anybody else have in move ins that will make a difference this year

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 23, 2014, 07:51:58 pm
Dylan Owens is eligible to play this year for ECS. He transferred from Parkview after his sophomore year and sat his junior year out. He is a very talented PG that could see some major minutes this year

BigMan15

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 24, 2014, 07:36:45 pm
Will he start?
Doubt it. If he impresses Coach Marsh throughout the season he might start, but from what I've seen he will be a solid 6th man

BigMan15

Any starter for ecs would prolly be a star for any other team except one or two teams...

cdelaney

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on September 25, 2014, 09:10:04 am
Quote from: BigMan15 on September 24, 2014, 07:36:45 pm
Will he start?
Doubt it. If he impresses Coach Marsh throughout the season he might start, but from what I've seen he will be a solid 6th man
He is  a great kid and has good ball handling skills and a good jump shot, not as strong as he could be, and no real game experience. He will provide some minutes for the three guards we have returning, but is a couple of levels below them and will not start unless there are injuries.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: BigMan15 on September 25, 2014, 10:09:25 am
Any starter for ecs would prolly be a star for any other team except one or two teams...
He would most likely start on the bulk of 3A teams

neds

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on September 24, 2014, 03:21:01 pm
Quote from: BigMan15 on September 23, 2014, 07:51:58 pm
Dylan Owens is eligible to play this year for ECS. He transferred from Parkview after his sophomore year and sat his junior year out. He is a very talented PG that could see some major minutes this year

The biggest affect he will have is the depth at guard it provides. They will be faster and will press more.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas