• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suicide Watch

Started by Head Lion, March 12, 2014, 06:15:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Well I am finally been let out of psych ward after the heart breaking end to both or boys & girls seasons. From Eubanks injury to our girls playing like World Champs until the last 3 weeks. My baby girl being a Sr and getting hurt then cleared to play. To say the last 2 weeks have been emotional would be an understatement. First to the host Charleston, you have an unbelievable school and it is obvious TREMENDOUS community support. We had quite a few up in arms about ya'll hosting, you provided a first class facility and environment for a state tournament. The two best teams said all year made it to the finals, which will be a great matchup. On the girls, I would like to congratulate HA & E-Stem for making the finals. I think you could have played the tournament 10 times and had 10 different winners, but your teams managed the mine fields and got the job done. To all 4 teams and players, best of health, take a second and breath it in and enjoy it to the max. To the people who post and the fans I have met during the season, don't ever take me to seriously. I love my Lions and our kids, but the people who really know me just know I am a big kid at heart and would do anything for any young person. As my daughter reminded me just about 30 minutes it ago, it is just a game and meant to be fun and enjoyed by all. Let's have a great finals and hope to see ya at a gym next fall supporting your school and community!

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on March 12, 2014, 06:15:15 pm
Well I am finally been let out of psych ward after the heart breaking end to both or boys & girls seasons. From Eubanks injury to our girls playing like World Champs until the last 3 weeks. My baby girl being a Sr and getting hurt then cleared to play. To say the last 2 weeks have been emotional would be an understatement. First to the host Charleston, you have an unbelievable school and it is obvious TREMENDOUS community support. We had quite a few up in arms about ya'll hosting, you provided a first class facility and environment for a state tournament. The two best teams said all year made it to the finals, which will be a great matchup. On the girls, I would like to congratulate HA & E-Stem for making the finals. I think you could have played the tournament 10 times and had 10 different winners, but your teams managed the mine fields and got the job done. To all 4 teams and players, best of health, take a second and breath it in and enjoy it to the max. To the people who post and the fans I have met during the season, don't ever take me to seriously. I love my Lions and our kids, but the people who really know me just know I am a big kid at heart and would do anything for any young person. As my daughter reminded me just about 30 minutes it ago, it is just a game and meant to be fun and enjoyed by all. Let's have a great finals and hope to see ya at a gym next fall supporting your school and community!

Well said!

BoxNOne

I am glad to see you made it Lion.

Hogwild#9

Put me on suicide watch after the hogs game today....

Bias

Ill say this for you Head Lion. If you think he is a passionate fan you should see him coach. There is not another coach coaching any program at Manila that car about the kids more than Head Lion. It is a pleasure to have you coaching our young people and by the way my oldest son would get mad when you were tied up coaching and couldnt make it to  the start of the Jr high games and were not available to do the starting line up. Also congrats for coaching an undefeated 4th grade football team and a runner up 4th grade basketball team.

zebrafan69

March 18, 2014, 09:37:12 am #5 Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 11:02:48 am by zebrafan69
Quote from: luxora4life on March 12, 2014, 06:55:15 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on March 12, 2014, 06:15:15 pm

Well said!

Well Said ?....   Suicide watch ?.....really.

MarionBlueDevil

Earle's dropping down next year, but I'll be cheering for Manila in 3A. Class acts over there.

Burpsnart

Hogfan167

Head Lion, are the rumors true about the talented rising freshman "transferring" out of Manila?

Oldref

Quote from: Hogfan167 on April 23, 2014, 08:39:45 am
Head Lion, are the rumors true about the talented rising freshman "transferring" out of Manila?
Head Lion probably doesn't want to think about it......Loves BT and Manila so I am sure it is a difficult situation for him if it is really true.......also this player comes from several generations of a black and gold blood Manila family so I know it will really hurt.

BoxNOne

I'm not sure I would want to transfer into 2A and have to battle those eighth graders from Earle for the next four years.

Oldref

Quote from: BoxNOne on April 23, 2014, 10:00:28 pm
I'm not sure I would want to transfer into 2A and have to battle those eighth graders from Earle for the next four years.
Sounds like BIC is gearing up to meet the challenge.

Hogfan167

I think they will need more.

BoxNOne

HL must be in the fetal position over this development.

Oldref

B&1.........I am worried about HL......I know this development is tough on him. I heard this week from a pretty reliable source the future 9th grade son was headed to BIC but the daughter was going to stay in Manila.........talk about a tough thing to deal with even in the family. Looks like you would have to be all in one place or the other or possibly be an outcast at both. Just another sign of the times I guess.

BoxNOne

Yea Ref, that one sounds screwy even these days

Head Lion

I have taken a new position at work and have been terribly busy. My thoughts are that I want all to be happy. Everyone involved is a friend of mine and hopefully that will always be. We have a great program under the leadership of a great coach and the same can be said for Coach Taylor and his program. Some styles fit better with certain players. I love all involved and will always.

BoxNOne

Good to hear from you HL and I must say you are a bigger man than most in your approach to this issue. I know it's tough when life long friends are involved.

Head Lion

I have matured a great deal since my younger days. I will still give the refs all kinds of heck, but would be the first one to offer help if needed. The older I get, I realize I am only getting one shot at life. I hope to have a good one and hope all my friends do as well. I like to see all our kids from around NEA do good and accomplish great things. PS, just don't do it against MY LIONS! Good day to all.

BoxNOne

HL, I also have a few years behind me and know exactly what you mean.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas