• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 3A State Championship(GIRLS): Harding Academy vs. EStem(VOTE)

Started by Brian G, March 11, 2014, 05:35:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Harding Academy
26 (54.2%)
Estem
22 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: March 14, 2014, 06:23:00 pm

Brian G

Details to follow.

Game will be Fri or Sat and will announced on Wed around noon.

baseball13

What happened to Harding in the regional? They are a four seed going to the ship!

3A-2 Fan

Quote from: baseball13 on March 11, 2014, 08:20:16 pm
What happened to Harding in the regional? They are a four seed going to the ship!

They are in a tough region.  Estem finished third.  Three of the four teams were in the Final Four and the 4th team (Jessieville) was a shot away from making it an all Region 2 final. 

BananaHands501

BananaHands501

Raiderville

WildcatGrandpa13

eStem by 2. I think their senior guard, who is the best girl's player in 3A, will drop 30 points.

PASS

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 14, 2014, 08:24:13 am
eStem by 2. I think their senior guard, who is the best girl's player in 3A, will drop 30 points.
McWilliams from E Stem is a phenomenal player, but to say she is better than Rose from Harding is a stretch. Rose is ranked in top 30 players in 2015 class by ESPN. They are different types of players & both very effective, but the way you stated she is best in 3A, I can't agree there. Let's call it a draw. Game will be determined by Hayes/Moser from E Stem & Smith/Turley from HA. Superstars will be a draw I think.

Brian G

Brian G

Brian G

HorseFeathers

Quote from: B.G. on March 14, 2014, 06:05:25 pm
Media timeout so 4:00 or so in 2nd.

HA 18-13

Just out of curiousity is there any chance these will be broadcasted on AETN at a later date?? I know they've done it before...just curious if they are this year so I can set the dvr...

Rulesman

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

neds

Wow!!  These girls don't even have a gym!
Great accomplishment. Second year in 3A I believe.

jord1976ken

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jord1976ken on March 14, 2014, 07:03:50 pm
Thanks for updates.HF

No Problem....will have the 1A games as well tonight...go the radio feed playing on the old desk top while I'm cooking...

Baller Fan35

Quote from: PASS on March 14, 2014, 02:14:47 pm
Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on March 14, 2014, 08:24:13 am
McWilliams from E Stem is a phenomenal player, but to say she is better than Rose from Harding is a stretch. Rose is ranked in top 30 players in 2015 class by ESPN. They are different types of players & both very effective, but the way you stated she is best in 3A, I can't agree there. Let's call it a draw. Game will be determined by Hayes/Moser from E Stem & Smith/Turley from HA. Superstars will be a draw I think.
The point/scoring guard from Estem is better than Rose in my opinion. I thought Rose was the best player in 3A until I saw them both play again in the regionals and state tourneys. True, They are different types of players playing the same position, but the guard from Estem goes harder. Rose has to play like she wants it more when the defense is shutting her out. Ranking means nothing other than who's been on the right radar.

Brian G

Fearless posters miss this one and drop to 4-2 on their picks.

ManilaIce

Quote from: neds on March 14, 2014, 06:58:40 pm
Wow!!  These girls don't even have a gym!
Great accomplishment. Second year in 3A I believe.
Never ever underestimate the power of the privates!

neds

ManilaIce

Quote from: neds on March 15, 2014, 03:14:18 pm
EStem is not a private school. Sore?
My mistake Neds on Estem.  Please educate me on them since I need it.  Do they really have no gym of their own?  How does a public school just materialize in downtown LR at the 3A level or are they a consolidation of schools?  How long have they been in existence?

Brian G

PASS

Our fine Little Rock School Board (sarcasm) fired our superintendent, Roy Brooks. Dr Brooks & several of his supporters started E-Stem about 4 years ago as a result. It is a PUBLIC school. I love how you naturally assumed it was private because they came out of nowhere to win a state championship.
If people outside of Pulaski County started paying attention to how the athletes inside Pulaski County are allowed to transfer wherever they want with zero consequences, they would quit worrying about private schools & would become outraged at what PUBLIC SCHOOLS are allowed to do. But hey, it's just easier to blame private schools.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas