• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton HG vs Charleston

Started by neds, March 10, 2014, 10:41:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

I am going with BHG , match ups win this for them. Upset , maybe?

WPWells

Charleston has 6'7" Smith down low. I think he neutralizes BHG's big men and then Matthew Ward has another big game. After all the talk on here about Perry, Ward went out and delivered

bigbuckb

I agree with Neds. BHG will win! They are so big and strong and will actually get to play above the rim for a change. BHG has 3 starters bigger than that. Upset? Naw!! I wouldn't call it an upset if BHG won.

WPWells

How did Earle hang with BHG if they're so much bigger?

And I'd call it an upset because Charleston just beat a team that beat BHG twice this year

BoxNOne

I will take Charleston by 10.

hornethigh-mhs

I'm going with charleston by 15.

BananaHands501

The clock strikes midnight for BHG. I believe this game won't get out of reach for BHG until the 3rd or 4th quarter. It was a good run by BHG. Ward is going to have another solid night and Charleston wins 72-59.

bigbuckb

What you don't know 12th man is that BHG was up by 19 at Mayflower when the refs took a time out and after their time out blew 10 straight whistles against BHG. Fouled out their big men and BHG lost
By 2 in OT. Call it like you want too but I wouldn't put too much lunch money on Charleston.

WPWells

Did Mayflower beat them twice or three times this year? Did they play in district?

RogerThat

Ward did deliver, but the refs screwed Perry 2 fouls keeping him out of the game for 2 quarter. He still ended with 20 or so points.

WildcatGrandpa13

I would love to see BHG win, but I don't think it will happen. I will go with Charleston by 7

bigbuckb

What was Charlestons record this year. There conference was weak!!

bigbuckb

I will say this, they have out on a great tourney. The facilities are top knotch, where does money come from to support this school? It's in the middle of nowhere!

WPWells

Bedroom community to Fort Smith. Many educated people in Charleston work in Fort Smith and make pretty good money there. Plus the car dealership in town is a big sponsor

WPWells

Charleston's only loss with their full team was to 6A quarter finalist Siloam Springs by 4

bigbuckb

It says that they are 30-5. Did Silom Sorings beat them 5 times? They are no doubt a good team. Prolly have several football players also. Charleston and BHG are similar communities then. Good luck tonight. Go Cards!!

jr17

Mayflower beat BHG 3 times. As for the 6'6 post player from Charleston. He won't be neutralizing anyone. BHG is massive. But I'm going Charleston by 9. But rooting for the 3A-5!

WPWells

I said their only loss with the full team. They had four losses before their football players got back (Valley Springs, Mountain View, Lincoln, and Pottsville)

bigbuckb

Thanks JR. I hope they pull off the. "Upset" too. If BHG will play a complete game and avoid stupid mistakes they can beat anyone. I agree
Charleston hasn't played anyone this year with the size they are up against tonight. Should be a good game. I have BHG by 3

AnotherTurfMonkey

I get on here and start reading and its just like in football season when Mayflower lost to Barton.

The refs did this , the refs did that.

Can't you take a loss and move on?

bigbuckb

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on March 11, 2014, 09:05:36 am
I get on here and start reading and its just like in football season when Mayflower lost to Barton.

who are you and what dog do you have in this fight? Go bother somebody else

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 10, 2014, 11:14:14 pm
How did Earle hang with BHG if they're so much bigger?

And I'd call it an upset because Charleston just beat a team that beat BHG twice this year
The real question is what  did BHG do to  hang with Earle? I really thought Earle's pressure and quickness would prevail. BHG was 0-6 vs Mayflower and ECS this year. Against ECS they could not handle the pressure at all the 1st two games, couldn't get it up the court and when they did, couldn't really establish their half-court offense against the pressure defense. So I thought they would have problems with Earle. I'd like to hear how that game played out, especially from a non-BHG or Earle fan. The third time vs ECS, ECS was down one of their quick guards, and just backed off the pressure completely. It was a half court game the whole way.  BHG looked very good in that type of game. The big man is good enough, not really "great" but will be a presence inside; the Senior Scroggins is very good,esp in half court game. The big difference though was how well their guards played in that 3rd game, esp Wilkes. I think BHG matches up very well with Charleston, and has a good chance to win.
Ward was the best player ECS faced last year, Will Francis included. Charleston was the best team we played other than Harding. They have a very good team, more than just Ward. I don't think BHG will stop Ward, but I still think they have enough weapons to have an even chance to win tonight.

bigbuckb

Thanks delany. Coming from you that's a
Compliment. BHG has worked hard on breaking the press and gets better every game. I hope charleston plays man because that will match up better for BHG.

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: bigbuckb on March 11, 2014, 09:08:20 am
Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey on March 11, 2014, 09:05:36 am

who are you and what dog do you have in this fight? Go bother somebody else

Haha lets not worry bout who I am.

Just know I was at the game and I don't fight dogs only in football.

bigbuckb

I think that Charleston should look past BHG and start preparing now for ECS!! No need for any fans to show up tonight because there won't be much to cheer about. Ha.

Hogwild#9

Bigbucky I want y'all to win and I'm pulling for y'all but my gut tells me Chucktown will walk away with the W. Chucktown wins by 10-13 points

bigbuckb

I appreciate that hog wild. Win or lose HGS has proven that they belong here and I am so proud of them. They have had so many injuries and not to mention having to play in the same conf with ECS and Mayflower has been challenging. But I pray the boys are safe and have fun because it may be the seniors last game but in also praying for a victory.

RTF

BHG can win this and I for one hope they do. However, I think Charleston by 10.

WildcatGrandpa13

Someone give quarterly updates please

WPWells

I will give updates as often as I get them. My dad will be texting me all game

WildcatGrandpa13

unleasheddad

Congratulations to Charleston on making it to the finals in Hot Springs. One more to go.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas