• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinions on top runners for state on the girls side?

Started by Raiderville, March 01, 2014, 09:38:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Raiderville

Ill admit im a lil biased !! Lol Just curious on others opinions after regionals!!
Lets hear it!

WPWells

Riverview, Rivercrest, Paris, Danville, and Valley are my five favorites

thefan

Down year if Danville is a top contender.  They are a couple of games above 500.  Do not think they can beat any of the teams coming out of region 2. Think Riverview is the favorite. Riverfront has a shot Paris has a tough draw. Danville has a easy first game then tough second.

WPWells

Saw Danville play the other day. Idk what they've done all year but they looked like a state contender to me

jvance

I don't think Melbourne would be considered an easy win for Danville in the first round!. From the looks of all the teams and how the brackets are looking it could be one of 10 teams that could win this year.

Paperman

I'd say Manila and Rivercrest from 3A-3 are both going to be a tough out for anyone they face. I know Melbourne played well in the Regional and that Valley Springs is very good as well. The tournament should be interesting, but I don't think anyone is a clear cut favorite from what I have read and heard. Best wishes to everyone and I hope all the young ladies stay healthy. Also safe travels to those heading to Charleston.

WPWells

I hate that Manila and Paris have to play in the first round. Two of the top teams in the tournament

ISU7

Quote from: thefan on March 02, 2014, 10:02:32 pm
Down year if Danville is a top contender.  They are a couple of games above 500.  Do not think they can beat any of the teams coming out of region 2. Think Riverview is the favorite. Riverfront has a shot Paris has a tough draw. Danville has a easy first game then tough second.
That's RiverCrest to whoever you are,  you need to recognize, ??? and Melbourne will beat Danville.

ManilaIce

From the "did you know closet."  Manila and Rivercrest have both defeated 4A and 2A Regional Champs Valley View and Marmaduke this year.  Lions beat VV twice.  Let's see if Manila can get past a disappointing showing in last week's regional to play like they're capable of.  We put ourselves in this tough spot, now got to fight our way out.

jvance

1st round winners:
Riverview over Centerpoint
Fordyce over HA
Rivercrest over Mansfield
Manila over Paris
West Fork over Valley Spr
Melbourne over Danville
McGehee over estem
Genoa Central over Jessieville

Now lets hear everyone else's thoughts are on round 1.

WPWells

Riverview
Fordyce
Rivercrest
Paris
eStem
Jessieville
West Fork
Danville

Head Lion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 03, 2014, 08:12:35 pm
Riverview
Fordyce
Rivercrest
Paris
eStem
Jessieville
West Fork
Danville
Lady Lions have 4 wins out of 5 games from that list. We no doubt stunk it up last week, & still only lost 2 games by a total of 4 points. Hey, how are the roads up there. They are horrible around here!

WPWells

I absolutely hate that Manila and Paris are meeting in the first round!! Both deserve better

Roads are still bad in Fayetteville

BoxNOne

Before regionals I thought Manila had a great chance to make at least semi. Now, Not so sure. I wasn't at games but sounded like some pressure may have had an affect. I do know this,the talent is there to make a run.

ZoneBuster

Riverview
VS
Fordyce
Danville
Rivercrest
E Stem
Manila
Jessieville

Raiderville

Everybodys opinions predictions very interesting!!
Raiders made it past 1st round!!

ISU7

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 03, 2014, 08:36:45 pm
I absolutely hate that Manila and Paris are meeting in the first round!! Both deserve better

Roads are still bad in Fayetteville
That's why you play regionals ..

Head Lion

Manila girls have no chance, we just glad to be here and hope to make q decent showing.

BoxNOne

Manila girls with a very disappointing end to the season(two years in a row). I saw them several times this year and thought they had a shot at the title.

Radiotalker

You know, that's the only part of the current format that I don't like. A team can have a great year and have to finish with 3 straight losses......that's tough.

ManilaIce

I don't think Paris will make it much farther.  I know we were beaten by them, but was not that impressed by them.  They were more than beatable but again, we failed to play like we are capable - two years in a row.  Very frustrating, but that's how the game rolls.  On to the next chapter.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on March 03, 2014, 08:33:38 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 03, 2014, 08:12:35 pm
Riverview
Fordyce
Rivercrest
Paris
eStem
Jessieville
West Fork
Danville
Lady Lions have 4 wins out of 5 games from that list. We no doubt stunk it up last week, & still only lost 2 games by a total of 4 points. Hey, how are the roads up there. They are horrible around here!

Look like 12th man CHS knew what he was talking about.  Good season Lady Lions. Go Colts, Lady Colts and Doggs ..

Raiderville

Tough game for the Raiders tonight against VS!! Way to pull out the tuff victory to stay alive!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas