• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who can stop valley springs?

Started by DOCHOLLIDAY7, November 13, 2013, 05:43:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGovernor

Wow close game. Look for charleston to be fine tuned come Feb

Will.I.Am.

Breaking News:

The preseason poll will be thrown out, and Valley Springs has been crowned the State Champs. No need to play another game anybody, just go ahead and cancel the season.

This game means nothing.  Valley fans need to temper their expectations, and Charleston fans who are truly upset need to get over it.  Who cares who won, it's a nonconference game in like the 1st real week of the season and the football playoffs just started. The soonest either team can possibly see each other again is in the state tournament. SMH

Bergman1820

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on November 16, 2013, 11:36:49 pm
Breaking News:

The preseason poll will be thrown out, and Valley Springs has been crowned the State Champs. No need to play another game anybody, just go ahead and cancel the season.

This game means nothing.  Valley fans need to temper their expectations, and Charleston fans who are truly upset need to get over it.  Who cares who won, it's a nonconference game in like the 1st real week of the season and the football playoffs just started. The soonest either team can possibly see each other again is in the state tournament. SMH

Ahhh man -1

chuckBB

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 16, 2013, 10:11:48 pm
Quote from: chuckBB on November 16, 2013, 10:02:28 pm
Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 16, 2013, 07:11:58 pm
So that brings up the question, WHO CAN STOP VALLEY SPRINGS?!?!?
You should feel good about yourselves. Our two starters fouled out and the best player in the gym could not play for overtime because of the muscle cramps. Yes, go ahead pat your back while you can. We will see you at State Tournament, IF you get there.  I was so grateful that you held back and did not score 60 points against us. Oh, well... It was a good exercise for our team.

That's what we call a sore loser folks.
Better yet, I hope your team will make it to state and see you on the court!

ZoneBuster

Quote from: chuckBB on November 17, 2013, 05:51:56 am
Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 16, 2013, 10:11:48 pm
Quote from: chuckBB on November 16, 2013, 10:02:28 pm
Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 16, 2013, 07:11:58 pm
So that brings up the question, WHO CAN STOP VALLEY SPRINGS?!?!?
You should feel good about yourselves. Our two starters fouled out and the best player in the gym could not play for overtime because of the muscle cramps. Yes, go ahead pat your back while you can. We will see you at State Tournament, IF you get there.  I was so grateful that you held back and did not score 60 points against us. Oh, well... It was a good exercise for our team.

That's what we call a sore loser folks.
Better yet, I hope your team will make it to state and see you on the court!

What happened the last time that happened?

WildcatGrandpa13

At least VS was humble enough to not beat Charleston by "60-70 points"

CoachKk

Please play Charleston again when they have their football players.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: CoachKk on November 17, 2013, 08:40:49 pm
Please play Charleston again when they have their football players.

Second round of state meeting? I hope they do meet again, will be a good game!

DownTown14

I'm sure they would LOVE the opportunity to get another one against Charleston. They are fearless and will play anyone at anytime. I'd love to see a rematch tomorrow so they could do it again. Pull up any baseball , football, chearleaders, or chess players you feel necessary to not complain about the outcome.

chuckBB

ZoneBuster

Quote from: chuckBB on November 17, 2013, 10:31:03 pm
You are so freaking funny....

Charleston will get their revenge I'm sure.

chuckBB

Quote from: DownTown14 on November 17, 2013, 09:43:22 pm
I'm sure they would LOVE the opportunity to get another one against Charleston. They are fearless and will play anyone at anytime. I'd love to see a rematch tomorrow so they could do it again. Pull up any baseball , football, chearleaders, or chess players you feel necessary to not complain about the outcome.
We are not complaining about losing.  I thought that was a great preconference game but don't insult our boys that they were not better team.  They are good as they are without football players.  They have incredible potential and talent.  It's honor to be targeted as a rival and I enjoy it very much.   I am not posting because I want to win a popularity contest but support my charleston teams.

HawgDaddy

Background information: This thread was not a serious thread when created. I believe it was created as a sarcastic thread to take a shot at some Valley fans.  I could be wrong, but knowing the original poster's history of stirring the pot, I'd say that was the intention. 

Here's what we know:
1. Valley beat Charleston on Saturday in overtime.
2. Charleston led most of the game and held a 10 point lead in the 4th.
3. Charleston was missing some key players who are still in football.
4. No one on here has serious said Valley is a contender for a state title, several have claimed they are much improved and could make it to the state tournament and maybe win a game.
5. Charleston was by far the best team that Valley has played to date.

Adding football players to Charleston will definitely improve their talent and depth. I will point out that the most talented teams don't always win the state tournament.  Sometimes, mental toughness and chemistry allow lesser talented teams to win.  There is no real way to predict what will happen when the football players are added.  So, sit back and watch.  I assume they'll be better than they were on Saturday, but Charleston was better on Saturday than Valley (according to the Valley people I talked to).  Yet, Valley won. 

It's a long season, both schools have good players, great coaches, and passionate fans.  As a basketball fan, I want good basketball games.  A Valley Springs and Charleston rematch would be fun.

Head Lion

What was Mt. View's record going into the regional last year? I think we all remembered what in Hoxie, and please dont even tell me this Valley team remotely resembles last year Mt. View team.

Will.I.Am.

November 18, 2013, 11:46:05 am #64 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:47:37 am by Will.I.Am.
31-0

And no they don't.
I remember last year in MV, MV played Harding Academy at the Lyon College Tournament.  Everybody in MV and a lot of other people I talked to thought that Mountain View must be the best team in 3A.  I tried to explain that the game meant nothing they didn't have their real, full team. Was I excited that MV won? Absolutely. Did I think the game had any merit? None whatsoever.  HA went on to not lose another game after their football players arrived if I'm not mistaken.  MV....well, everyone knows what miracle occurred for them to be beaten that day in Hoxie. There is far too much basketball left to be played, football guys to return, development, injuries, etc. etc. for this game to be an indicator of really anything.  The best team doesn't always win state.  More likely than not it's the team that peaks at the right time, and has more things go their way than not.  Can Valley make state and win games there? I think they could.  There's still months of basketball left before any of us can KNOW that, however. And Charleston may be better than last year, they may not. Only time will tell.

DownTown14

Correction: Charleston held a 4 point lead. Never were they up 10 . And Matthew Ward got hurt with 48 seconds in Over Time while they were already down 4. Yes, Charleston will be better when they get their football players. But Valley will also improve, from more experience to the new system and overall maturity. Looking forward to post season play

WPWells

So Valley is the only team who will improve in maturity as the season goes along??

HawgDaddy

Fans clearly do not listen or read anything but their own posts on here.  Nobody said Valley was as talented as last season's MV.  I would make the case that MV had already peaked long before that point last season, but that's another argument. 

Nobody also said Valley would be the only team to improve throughout the season.  What I did say was that the most talented teams don't always win. 

As far as the 10 pt lead, I was told that by a couple different people.  Maybe they meant the lead at one point was 10, I do not know for certain, I was not there. 

My point was really that several posters on here were getting their panties in a wad over a post that originally was meant to be sarcastic to begin with.  People in Valley do not believe this team will cut down the nets.  They are proud the style has changed and that there seems to be improvement, but only a Harrison fan would make a post titled..."Who Can Stop Valley Springs?". 

For those not from this area, there is an inside story pertaining to Harrison Athletics and a poster named Doc Holliday.  Some Harrison fans think Doc must've been a Valley Springs person.  So, I suspect the new Doc Holliday that is sarcastically criticizing Valley Springs is actually a Harrison person.  It really is comical.  The post was sarcastic to begin with though.....

ZoneBuster

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 18, 2013, 12:49:17 pm
So Valley is the only team who will improve in maturity as the season goes along??

I would say this, and I think any honest basketball fan will agree. It is quite impressive the level that Valley is playing right now. Just 9 games in with a new coach, totally different style and to be having this success is impressive. Competition level aside, they seem to have fully "bought in" and are playing in near mid season form.

Catfish

Go get ya some of Western Grove. That should shut ya up

Bergman1820

November 18, 2013, 04:42:22 pm #70 Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 04:44:33 pm by vstigerz
Quote from: Ball.Is.Life on November 18, 2013, 03:53:57 pm

Valley beat Cotter 82-40 in the Benefit game. Then Valley Defeated the Cotter Warriors 71-38. Western Grove defeated Cotter 54-18. So both teams defeated Cotter handily. Maybe they will meet each other in the Nac tourney. If not on Jan 21st we will see how they play each other.

Moonshiner

Quote from: vstigerz on November 18, 2013, 04:42:22 pm
Quote from: Ball.Is.Life on November 18, 2013, 03:53:57 pm

Valley beat Cotter 82-40 in the Benefit game. Then Valley Defeated the Cotter Warriors 71-38. Western Grove defeated Cotter 54-18. So both teams defeated Cotter handily. Maybe they will meet each other in the Nac tourney. If not on Jan 21st we will see how they play each other.

Everyone that has played Cotter has beaten them handily. Not sure that's a good analogy. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Does Valley Springs play Rector in Highland classic tomorrow ?

Eagle20

Charleston, I hear has a great team and really good players and I hope they are the real deal this year.  I wish I could have seen them last year.  For a few years in a row (2010,, 2011) it seemed like they were always highly ranked but maybe a little overrated.  How do those teams compare with this years team? I know when we played them a few years ago in the state tournament they were ranked #2 and we beat them by 20 in the first round of the state tournament at Harding University.  One of their better players got injured in the second half but we were already up double digits.  Valley would have been their next opponent in the quarters. I miss being  in 3A.  Better fans and rivalries.  Good luck to all the 3A teams this year.

Bergman1820

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 18, 2013, 10:44:11 pm

Yes Sr.Girls and Sr.Boys

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Eagle20 on November 18, 2013, 11:32:50 pm
Charleston, I hear has a great team and really good players and I hope they are the real deal this year.  I wish I could have seen them last year.  For a few years in a row (2010,, 2011) it seemed like they were always highly ranked but maybe a little overrated.  How do those teams compare with this years team? I know when we played them a few years ago in the state tournament they were ranked #2 and we beat them by 20 in the first round of the state tournament at Harding University.  One of their better players got injured in the second half but we were already up double digits.  Valley would have been their next opponent in the quarters. I miss being  in 3A.  Better fans and rivalries.  Good luck to all the 3A teams this year.

Watch it. ChuchBB and 12th man will jump all over you For the overrated comment...

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: vstigerz on November 19, 2013, 12:14:27 am

Yes Sr.Girls and Sr.Boys

I hear Rector girls are not that bad, they might be able to give them a good game.

Bergman1820

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 19, 2013, 09:16:51 am

Yes Sr.Girls and Sr.Boys

I hear Rector girls are not that bad, they might be able to give them a good game.

I watched a couple of the games yesterday. The live feed is pretty good.

www.highlandrebels.com

chuckBB

I am not sure how to compare this year's team versus previous teams because I have not watch them much but what I heard was that this year's team has more sizes and new coach.  I know that they had a history of disappointment at State but I hope it is different.  Last year, no one expected Charleston to make it that far but they did really good.  We will see. 

chuckBB

Quote from: ZoneBuster on November 19, 2013, 08:06:51 am

Watch it. ChuchBB and 12th man will jump all over you For the overrated comment...
No, what Eagle20 is saying is a legitimate question. I am merely returning your sarcastic and delusional belief about your team with my equally sarcastic and idiotic remarks because I enjoy them but I understand that you all are passionate about your own team which I greatly respect.  Trsut me, I am smiling while I am writing responses.  In the end, we will know who can get to state and win it all.  I am passionate about our charleston boys and I am going to support them to the end whether they win or not. 

ZoneBuster

To my defense I said underachieving, I feel like most people would take overrated more offensive.

This seems to be a different team for charleston, a state championship expectation. Hopefully they'll meet those goals!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: vstigerz on November 19, 2013, 01:56:01 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on November 19, 2013, 09:16:51 am

Yes Sr.Girls and Sr.Boys

I watched a couple of the games yesterday. The live feed is pretty good.

www.highlandrebels.com

Thank you

DOCHOLLIDAY7

Sorry about the confusion on my name. When I joined this site, I dd not realize there was another doc Holliday on the site. And I wasn't trying to be sarcastic when making this post. I reacted stupidly to some posts  and did stir the pot "a bit". But I assure u I have no relation to this other doc Holliday. I just really love the movoe tombstone!

ZoneBuster

Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 19, 2013, 04:36:39 pm
Sorry about the confusion on my name. When I joined this site, I dd not realize there was another doc Holliday on the site. And I wasn't trying to be sarcastic when making this post. I reacted stupidly to some posts  and did stir the pot "a bit". But I assure u I have no relation to this other doc Holliday. I just really love the movoe tombstone!

Interesting...... Haha

chucktownboys

Valley beat a Tiger team with only two starters on the court, 2 fouled out, a 3 rd player had cramps, 1 was in foul trouble this team will be more than fine once full team is together, at full strength they beat Valley by 20+, their best player made most of his points off touch fouls from free throw line, Tigers at full strength will be tough night for anyone

ZoneBuster

Quote from: chucktownboys on November 19, 2013, 05:50:10 pm
Valley beat a Tiger team with only two starters on the court, 2 fouled out, a 3 rd player had cramps, 1 was in foul trouble this team will be more than fine once full team is together, at full strength they beat Valley by 20+, their best player made most of his points off touch fouls from free throw line, Tigers at full strength will be tough night for anyone

Good luck to both El Tigres! Hope they meet again.

NEA Razorback olfan

DownTown14

Girls win by 8 and boys win by 15. Tennison for the boys with a huge night of 40 points hitting 9 three pointers all contested and some from unbelievable range .

NEA Razorback olfan

DownTown14

Girls started out really sloppy, but completely dominated second half, same story for boys, but hot start to second half and incredible defensive pressure in the full court sealed a W

NEA Razorback olfan

Sounds just like a recap of Brookland's games tonight!

ISU7

November 20, 2013, 06:48:56 pm #91 Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:19:23 pm by ISU7
Quote from: DOCHOLLIDAY7 on November 13, 2013, 05:43:16 pm
Valley springs teams have been having a lot of early success across the board this basketball season. Senior high boys are 8-0, senior High girls are 8-0, junior high boys are 6-1, their loss coming in a benefit game, and the junior high girls are 7-1, with a loss to wonder view. What can this schools success be tracked back to? Pure talent? Outstanding coaching? There are many theories, and they all prove plausible. Who can stop valley springs?
Too funny, a team from the 3-3A will win region 3 again boys & girls, get real.. Smh..

neds

Quote from: DownTown14 on November 19, 2013, 10:46:41 pm
Girls win by 8 and boys win by 15. Tennison for the boys with a huge night of 40 points hitting 9 three pointers all contested and some from unbelievable range .

Has Anderson or Shields been to C this phenom play yet this year? I feel an offer(s) is very close

DownTown14

I know Watkins was in to see him this summer some. Haven't heard much from his family how in touch they've stayed. I know he had a walk on offer from UALR because they had already maxed out scholarships for class of 2014 but that's the extent of my knowledge

HawgDaddy

I know the 3A-3 boys would be favorite to win the regional, but I'd hold the phone on the girls side.  My guess would be a team from the 3A-1 would win the girls.

Will.I.Am.

Valley Springs girls could win Region 3. Not saying they will, but they certainly could. 
Valley, Rivercrest, or Manila

Sportsfan302

Quote from: neds on November 20, 2013, 09:47:43 pm
Quote from: DownTown14 on November 19, 2013, 10:46:41 pm
Tennison for the boys with a huge night of 40 points hitting 9 three pointers all contested and some from unbelievable range .

How many shots did Tennison take to make that 40 pts? 

Head Lion

Quote from: Will.I.Am. on November 21, 2013, 10:15:17 am
Valley Springs girls could win Region 3. Not saying they will, but they certainly could. 
Valley, Rivercrest, or Manila
My money is on the Lady Lions or Colts!

HawgDaddy

Could depend on the location of the region...Valley Springs girls are the best we've got over here, but they are pretty dang good.  I know, I know Head Lion...Manila beat them 50 this summer.  Hope you got a trophy for that win, might be all you get this year.

ManilaIce

You're right Hawgdaddy, location will be the key.  Bergman, Flippin, and Hoxie have hosted the last three years.  Head Lion, it's time for Manila to host this year.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas