• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salt Bowl 2017

Started by Maynard G Krebs, August 31, 2017, 10:53:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

No thread on the most attended game in Arkansas high school?  Why? 

BTW, I'll take Bryant by a few TDs

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 31, 2017, 10:53:07 am

Biggest pillow fight in Arkansas.

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on August 31, 2017, 10:53:07 am

Maybe the internet is down in Saline county  ;D

Walter

It has the potential to be better attended than the Razorback game. As far as I am concerned it should be a 14 point win by Bryant.

Lumberjackfan1978

Bryant by two touchdowns

gameoflife

STBruin

Quote from: AirWarren on August 31, 2017, 12:47:46 pm
Biggest pillow fight in Arkansas.

AirWarren....that was hilarious!!!! Bryant by 28

Walter

gameoflife

What are the odds on this game?

Razorback Red

I've never attended the Salt Bowl, but hope to some day. 

I'm guessing the crowd will be down this year as it's up against the biggest week 1 game in CFB in years. 

Bryant by 17. 

Oldbadger

Somebody forgot to tell Benton and Bryant. My estimate 45 minutes befiremaining gametime is about 25 to 30 thousand.

Eastbay501

will the game be live streaming somewhere?

Oldbadger

Yes.  Go to Benton's facebook for athletics. I think it Fidelity something.

Oldbadger

Hard to see Benton's side from where I sit.  Attendance looks in excess of 30000.

Oldbadger

Much more now.  Got a chance to beat razorback total and break high school record.

Walter

Oldbadger

Walter

Intelligentsia

Quote from: SardisHog on September 02, 2017, 09:15:16 pm
32168 attendance
Listening to it on the radio it sounded like the big crowd got their money's worth down to the final seconds of the game.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Oldbadger

I'm sure it is done the way it would be if played at the schools stadium.

Walter

I don't know how it is done at the home stadium. The price of a ticket is cheap if bought before hand. $10 for the ticket and a T shirt for the team you support. Great game to watch and be at. Both teams have room for improvements, especially on defense. Neither team gave up. For someone from Benton. I heard the name Neatherly a few times. Is that Coach Neatherly's son?

ricepig

I saw some shots of the crowd, that must have been tickets sold like the Razorback game, 12 fans in the end zones, and Benton's side fit in 5 sections. Needless to say, it was a great crowd for a high school football game, whatever the attendance was.

Walter

I can't argue with you. 25,000 to 30.000 was my guess. Bryant's side was filled. Benton's 60 to 70% filled. Nothing to speak of in the end zones.

ricepig

Quote from: SardisHog on September 03, 2017, 11:49:51 am
I can't argue with you. 25,000 to 30.000 was my guess. Bryant's side was filled. Benton's 60 to 70% filled. Nothing to speak of in the end zones.

I guess it would depend on one's definition of filled, haha. Looked about as "filled" as the Razorback game.

https://twitter.com/WMStadium/status/904142729852186624

https://twitter.com/WMStadium/status/903428001815289856

Oldbadger

Quote from: SardisHog on September 03, 2017, 07:45:35 am
I don't know how it is done at the home stadium. The price of a ticket is cheap if bought before hand. $10 for the ticket and a T shirt for the team you support. Great game to watch and be at. Both teams have room for improvements, especially on defense. Neither team gave up. For someone from Benton. I heard the name Neatherly a few times. Is that Coach Neatherly's son?
[/quot6e]Yes, it is Coach Nethery's son. I may be wrong, but my feeling is there was a person there for every ticket.  Now they may have counted employees,  players and coaches.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Oldbadger on September 03, 2017, 12:11:41 am
I'm sure it is done the way it would be if played at the schools stadium.

I was wondering if the AAA sticks it's hand out for part of the gate

STBruin

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 04, 2017, 10:02:38 pm
I was wondering if the AAA sticks it's hand out for part of the gate

I could be completely wrong, but I heard that AAA only gets money from playoff tickets. Anything during the regular season goes to the home team. Now in the case of War Memorial, I dont know how that works.

sevenof400

Quote from: STBruin on September 05, 2017, 08:09:12 am
I could be completely wrong, but I heard that AAA only gets money from playoff tickets. Anything during the regular season goes to the home team. Now in the case of War Memorial, I dont know how that works.

AAA gets benefit game money from the gate as well IIRC.

STBruin

Quote from: sevenof400 on September 05, 2017, 09:36:36 am
AAA gets benefit game money from the gate as well IIRC.

That's right...forgot about the benefit games...

admorris24

Pre-sold tickets are sold at Big Red stores in each community with Bryant getting the $$ for the stores in the district and Benton getting the  from theirs.  $ 10 pre-sold got a ticket and a tshirt with you paying $8 at the gate with no shirt.  I believe WMS gets the parking and different school groups get a portion of the  from the concessions that they work.  Corporate sponsorships like Everett and Chuy's cover the rest of the cost.  It was like listening to a NASCAR interview after every Arkansas Urology first down call over the PA.  Its a Win/Win for all involved.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: admorris24 on September 05, 2017, 02:48:40 pm
Pre-sold tickets are sold at Big Red stores in each community with Bryant getting the $$ for the stores in the district and Benton getting the  from theirs.  $ 10 pre-sold got a ticket and a tshirt with you paying $8 at the gate with no shirt.  I believe WMS gets the parking and different school groups get a portion of the  from the concessions that they work.  Corporate sponsorships like Everett and Chuy's cover the rest of the cost.  It was like listening to a NASCAR interview after every Arkansas Urology first down call over the PA.  Its a Win/Win for all involved.

Was the "flow of the game" enhanced by hearing "it another Arkansas Urology first down"? 😜

Walter

I still hate that coming over the PA ALL night long.

Grizzlyfan

So did the Salt Bowl outdraw the Hog-FAMU game?

Walter

No hogs had 36000 Salt bowl 32000

Oldbadger

Still impressive that a high school game in Arkansas draws 32000 (34000 last year).  This is a perfect storm situation that exists only one other place in Arkansas-Arkadelphia, where OBU and HSU compete each year after walking across the highway in the "shortest roadtrip in College Football".  Although their stadiums are full, they will never compete with numbers of the Salt Bowl. Although I don't know the numbers, you can bet many schools could pay their athletic budgets for several years with the proceeds from this game.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: admorris24 on September 05, 2017, 02:48:40 pm
WMS doesn't get any kind of rental fee? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas