• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite Christmas Song

Started by WPWells, December 20, 2014, 06:05:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Mine is "Once in Royal David's City." Let's hear everyone else's!

Clara Allen

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 20, 2014, 06:05:30 pm
Mine is "Once in Royal David's City." Let's hear everyone else's!
Interesting choice, but a good one!
Mine: "Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth"  duet with Bing Crosby and David Bowie

WPWells

King's College Choir's version is gorgeous. They open with an a capella soloist and it's just so pure. It gets stuck in my head around the Christmas season

HorseFeathers

Mary DId you Know by Pentatonix

WPWells

Wolfpack68

Grandma got ran over by a reindeer. Lol jk. I like that Mary did you know song. Our church kids sing it every year for the Christmas Play.

-Painted Fan-

December 20, 2014, 07:40:17 pm #6 Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:32:57 am by -Painted Fan-
Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

DeeGee

Sick Dog

All I want for Christmas is you!
Mariah Carey

Sick Dog

That one made me go do some research. In all serious Dee. My favorite Christmas song is GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN. it is a good one.

Lineman

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 20, 2014, 07:40:17 pm
It's not the Christmas season w/o the boss. I've always liked John Berry's version of O Holy Night. Lately I've been into Third Day's southern rock spin on Christmas songs.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 20, 2014, 09:00:27 pm
That one made me go do some research. In all serious Dee. My favorite Christmas song is GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN. it is a good one.

Pentatonix also does a great job with that song as well...

Longfellow

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 20, 2014, 07:40:17 pm
+100!! Bruce Springsteen is the best!

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 20, 2014, 08:48:48 pm
Mariah Carey
Oh yea.  I cant get enough of that one.  NSYNC came out with a Christmas album in the 90s that you should check out.  They are all so good its hard to pick a favorite.  JT at his best.

DeeGee

Mariah Carey

Love that song as well. Although she sang it horribly the other day. Her voice seems to be getting worn. Love some Mariah Carey though!

DeeGee

December 21, 2014, 07:17:58 am #15 Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 07:24:02 am by DeeGoldie
Quote from: Sick Dog on December 20, 2014, 09:00:27 pm

Yes that's a great one too.
Can't really say that I have one absolutely favorite Christmas song. Too many artist with amazing vocals. But I do like the ones who sing a capella the best. Artists who have phenomenal vocals in a capella always win!
One of my favorite Christmas albums though is from the early 90's, Boyz II Men, their harmonies are to die for! ;)

KOJACK

Bing Crosby, I'll Be Home For Christmas ;D

Clara Allen

I have more than one favorite  way more than one!

"New Kid in Town"  by Billy Gilman, i think  not the Eagles one!
"Santa Baby"  Eartha Kitt
"Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"- the Gene Autry version  ONLY!
The Christmas in Arkansas song that they play on Channel 7 and listening to Ned Perme play the piano    Ah yes!

-Painted Fan-

December 21, 2014, 09:23:26 am #18 Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:41:45 am by -Painted Fan-
Some oldies but goodies:
Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee

Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms

Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)- Darlene Love

-Painted Fan-

December 21, 2014, 09:29:41 am #19 Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 11:49:52 am by -Painted Fan-
While it's not necessarily a "Christmas" tune, there's another song that always comes to mind this time of year:
Same Old Lang Syne by the late, great Dan Fogelberg.

If you listen closely, you will hear that he sampled the ending of Tchaikovsky's The 1812 Overture in the verses.

nastynice

I can't believe no one has mentioned "The Man," Andy Williams!

Andy Williams-The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Andy Williams-Happy Holidays

And any version of Away in a Manger!

Skip Baymore

Quote from: Skip Baymore on December 21, 2014, 12:22:52 am
Mariah Carey
Oh yea.  I cant get enough of that one.  NSYNC came out with a Christmas album in the 90s that you should check out.  They are all so good its hard to pick a favorite.  JT at his best.
I know nastynice was being silly so I decided to be also.  I actually did listen to the NSYNC Christmas album with my teenage daughter last night, and pretended to like it more that I really did.  A few catchy ones and a lot of awful ones.  Silent Night is pretty powerful to me though and if I don't hear Paul McCartney's song at least once during the Christmas season, I feel like I missed something.

Hootie

In case you need to lighten the mood around the house .

Jabali

December 22, 2014, 12:49:37 pm #23 Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:36:09 pm by Jabali
"The Spirit of Christmas" Ray Charles. It's the music played in the attic scene of Christmas Vacation.

I would seriously have to be paid (and I ain't cheap) to listen to Bruce Springstein do anything much less Christmas music.

snoopy22

Oh Holy Night performed by Celine Dion
White Christmas performed by Bing Crosby
And of course I love Rudolph, Jingle Bells, Away in the Manger, and Silent Night.

hoghelmet14

I have watched this thread for a few days.... can not make up my mind what my actual favorite is....

I absolutely love my family.... I cannot image the soldiers who wont get to spend Christmas with theirs....

So .... my Favorite for today will have to be...... "If I Get Home on Christmas Day" by Elvis Presley in honor of all our Bravest serving around the Globe to protect our Freedoms!

Paperman

Any Christmas song crooned by Bing Crosby. I saw the Crosby and David Bowie Little Drummer Boy sung on live tv when I was a kid. And that was a long time ago. Merry Christmas Everyone

BassMaster33

bleudog

William Bell: 

Otis Redding: 

Robert Earl Keen: 

Lynyrd Skynyrd: 

CathywithaC

"I Have Seen The Light" by the Gatlin Brothers.

Jack1990

Quote from: CathywithaC on December 23, 2014, 10:20:32 pm
"I Have Seen The Light" by the Gatlin Brothers.

That's a very fun song to sing too!! Done it as a trio a couple of years back.

junkyard dog

-Painted Fan-

Did my sister get a baby doll?
Did my brother get a bike?
Did I get that red wagon, the kind that makes you fly?
I hope there'll be peace on Earth
I know there's good will toward men
On account of that Baby born in Bethlehem!
You gotta get up!
You gotta get up!
You gotta get up!
It's Christmas morning!

The late, great Rich Mullins!
Rich Mullins - "Gotta Get Up (It's Christmas Morn...: http://youtu.be/EexMUr2pkTQ

DeeGee

I am absolutely loving "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas " by Leann Rimes.  Heard it today for the first time. Lovin' it!

Lineman

What about porky pig singing blue Christmas? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas