• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG does it again...

Started by KOJACK, December 16, 2014, 11:54:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KOJACK

I find it amusing that Prescott didn't crack the top 6... Not surprising, just amusing  ::)
1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. ECS
5. Hoxie
6. Mayflower

Wolfpack68

Quote from: KOJACK on December 16, 2014, 11:54:04 am
I find it amusing that Prescott didn't crack the top 6... Not surprising, just amusing  ::)
1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. ECS
5. Hoxie
6. Mayflower
How is ECS 4th. What about 46-21 vs PTOWN. Prescott should atleast be Top 4.

KOJACK

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 16, 2014, 11:56:36 am
1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. ECS
5. Hoxie
6. Mayflower
Mayflower 6th lol ::)

WPWells

ADG obviously doesn't know what they're talking about

nastynice

Nasty's 5:

1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. Hoxie
5. Prescott

Wolfpack68

Quote from: nastynice on December 16, 2014, 12:06:06 pm
Nasty's 5:

1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. Hoxie
5. Prescott
I'd switch Prescott and Hoxie. Don't get me wrong Hoxie is a good team, I just think Precott is better. Would have loved to watch that game.

YC

That's just bad.

But that seems to be the normal for the society we live in today where political correctness takes precedence over truth, honesty, and fairness.

The all-state list I saw had no Chris Williams or Taylor King on it. Looks like they took eight kids from each conference and named them to the all-state team. There are kids on that all-state list that couldn't even start for teams like Charleston, Smakover, Booneville, or Prescott.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 16, 2014, 12:27:42 pm

That's just bad.

But that seems to be the normal for the society we live in today where political correctness takes precedence over truth, honesty, and fairness.

The all-state list I saw had no Chris Williams or Taylor King on it. Looks like they took eight kids from each conference and named them to the all-state team. There are kids on that all-state list that couldn't even start for teams like Charleston, Smakover, Booneville, or Prescott.
They need to pick the best players in the STATE. Don't just choose an even amount from each conference. The 4,5, and 6 3A easily has more athletes than the other 3 conferences.

cdelaney

1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. ECS
5. Hoxie
6. Mayflower
ECS was much improved by the end of the season, should have beaten Smackover. However, I agree that it is hard to put them ahead of Prescott esp since they did not beat Smack. Hoxie vs ECS hard to say. Mayflower definitely below all of these.

WPWells

If Chris Williams (probably going to a D2 school) and Taylor King (all-time receiving leader at Charleston) aren't all state, then everyone else must be out of this world good

Wolfpack68

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 16, 2014, 12:52:07 pm
If Chris Williams (probably going to a D2 school) and Taylor King (all-time receiving leader at Charleston) aren't all state, then everyone else must be out of this world good
True. I think 2-3 more Prescott players should be on the list.

Longfellow

Chris Williams was the best lineman in the 3A. It is a travesty to not have him on the all-state list.

Jalkuranis

But... But... It's the ADG... They are never wrong!  ::)

Wolfpack68

Maybe not the best in 3A but he's definitely top 3. Very surprised. King should have easily been on the list. I also think Matthew Berry from Booneville should be on the list.

ChucktownTiger

Who does Williams have offers from?

WPWells

Not sure on official offers, so I won't post anything on here, but I know he's being courted

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 16, 2014, 01:37:30 pm

there is a limit on how many each team can have per conference.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 16, 2014, 01:38:24 pm
Not sure on official offers, so I won't post anything on here, but I know he's being courted

So pretty much, heard it on the grapevine?

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on December 16, 2014, 01:43:25 pm

I guess we are talking about the list on AAA website. I can't believe that of 5 players from Smackover, Hempstead wasn't on the list. IMO he is their best player on both sides of the ball. Would take him
over Jordan Jones.

WPWells

No, heard it through reliable sources that I know are close to Chris but I'm declining to comment until he commits somewhere

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 16, 2014, 02:05:47 pm
No, heard it through reliable sources that I know are close to Chris but I'm declining to comment until he commits somewhere

Awesome, good for Chris! Hope he's able to take his talents to the next level.

Proud Buckaroo

Has the all-state list come out yet??

BassMaster33

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 16, 2014, 02:36:58 pm
Has the all-state list come out yet??
AFTER, starting a thread I read all this...  Your prolly gonna be shocked PB.

BassMaster33

Quote from: cdelaney on December 16, 2014, 02:00:33 pm
Quote from: Oldman on December 16, 2014, 01:43:25 pm

I guess we are talking about the list on AAA website. I can't believe that of 5 players from Smackover, Hempstead wasn't on the list. IMO he is their best player on both sides of the ball. Would take him
over Jordan Jones.
I just started a thread on this very thing..  I guess at the same time you was asking the same question I had!

WPWells

Yes and I have real problems with Danville getting as many all-state players as Charleston

Proud Buckaroo

How exactly does AAA come across this list? I do not understand what so ever how Elmo did not make this list!!!

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 16, 2014, 02:42:55 pm
How exactly does AAA come across this list? I do not understand what so ever how Elmo did not make this list!!!
Conference coaches vote on it.  2A-4A get 8 per conference.  ADG and AAA really don't have anything to do with it.

Proud Buckaroo

Then I do not understand how Elmo did not get voted into this...

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 16, 2014, 02:50:43 pm
May not have been nominated by his Coach

YC

Quote from: Coach DePriest, Harrison on December 16, 2014, 02:46:09 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 16, 2014, 02:42:55 pm
Conference coaches vote on it.  2A-4A get 8 per conference.  ADG and AAA really don't have anything to do with it.

Coach I'm afraid I caused this. This thread was originally started because of the top 6 ranking by the ADG (which is terrible BTW)

I used the all state list as an example of how various selections have deteriorated over the years.

I actually derailed the thread by doing that and I am sorry. I should have waited until a thread was started on the all state selections.

BassMaster33

Quote from: KOJACK on December 16, 2014, 02:56:27 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 16, 2014, 02:50:43 pm
May not have been nominated by his Coach
Judging by Elmo's response on Twitter, he feels that very thing is what happened..

adaptedtigerfan

You want my opinion??   Elmo Hempstead is the best player on Smackovers team.

WPWells

BassMaster33

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 16, 2014, 03:20:50 pm
You want my opinion??   Elmo Hempstead is the best player on Smackovers team.
And judging by the # of times they tried to get him the ball Fri night, you would think his coaches believe this also!

OLDSCHOOL82

PB, I would speak to the coaches.

Hootie

Elmo it ain't worth much, but you're all-state in my book. You had a heck of a year kiddo keep your head up don't let this bring you down.

-Painted Fan-

Elmo would be my vote for MVP from Smackover.
That's not a slight on Jones, Clark, or Eppinette- which were also very, very good.

WPWells

So if Smackover had 5 and Elmo wasn't one of them, who were they? I'm guessing Clark, Jones, and Epinette, but I can't think of two more. Maybe Jones and Purifiy - the two backs?

BassMaster33

Jones, Clark, Ty Davis, Tyler Lamb and Purifoy..

WPWells

Who are Ty Davis and Tyler Lamb?...

Longfellow

BassMaster33

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 16, 2014, 05:19:02 pm
Who are Ty Davis and Tyler Lamb?...
I think they're both lineman..  Has a letter L out beside their names..  The others had a B, I'm guessing for Backs..
But I'm not from Smackover so I really don't have a clue!

fbisgreat

To me the one's from Charleston should have been Storey,King ,Posky, and dylan Jones.

Wolfpack68

Pastureboy21

1. Charleston
2. Smackover
3. Booneville
4. ECS
5. Hoxie
6. Mayflower
cuz we r beter than u and dont ware jortz

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BassMaster33 on December 16, 2014, 05:14:09 pm
Jones, Clark, Ty Davis, Tyler Lamb and Purifoy..

No idea who Tyler Lamb is..

Jordan Jones, Ty Davis(#54), Aaron Brant(#51), Logan Clark, And Purifoy.

owl84

Tyler lamb is one of our offensive tackles

BassMaster33

Quote from: owl84 on December 16, 2014, 06:36:30 pm
Tyler lamb is one of our offensive tackles
[/quote
The AAA website has him as a Smackover Lineman.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 16, 2014, 05:04:02 pm
Elmo would be my vote for MVP from Smackover.
That's not a slight on Jones, Clark, or Eppinette- which were also very, very good.

I'm ok with Trevor (Eppinette) just getting all-conference this year, he"s a Jr.............but I honestly feel so bad for Elmo  I'm ALMOST SPEECHLESS.

BAMA#16

Yeah, I would agree, Elmo was the best on both sides of the ball, from what I saw. It's a shame.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas