• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congratulations to

Started by WPWells, December 15, 2014, 09:11:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Ty Storey - Offensive Player of the Year
Justin Shackleford - Defensive Player of the Year
Greg Kendrick - Coach of the Year

nastynice

All 3 were (are) the best at what they do!  Good job guys!

DeeGee

Congrats to them all! Definitely deserving of those awards!

snoopy22

Posky could have easily made that a clean sweep with his stats.

WPWells

KOJACK

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 16, 2014, 08:02:28 am
Posky could have easily made that a clean sweep with his stats.

True Story....however there's no question shack was a great defensive player and athlete and has had a great High School career. Congrats to the winners and all the finalist.

KOJACK

The Dynasty

All three well deserving. Congrats to all.

YC

Now folks please don't misinterpret what I am going to say here. Shack is a great player and most certainly deserving in his own right. I am in no way saying here that he did not deserve it and am not degrading him in any way.

I told Adapted beforehand that the odds were stacked against Colton winning this award. I told him Ty was a shoo-in for the offensive and Kendrick was most likely for the coach award and history tells us they won't award it to three from the same team. Here is a part of a post I made back in 2008 concerning this very situation. 

"Tomorrow night Coach Loughridge, Jordan Akers, and Jordan Shelby, will go to Little Rock for the State Farm Award banquet. They are each one of three finalist for Coach of the year, defensive player of the year, and offensive player of the year. Each of these three are very deserving. Will they all three win? Probably not. I can't see the one (or one's) that vote having the nerve to give it to three members of the same team. I do have the nerve and I would but I don't get a vote".

Shelby did win the offensive award and coach Loughridge the coach award. However Jordan Akers did not win the award for defensive player. Akers was by far the best defensive player in the state that year with the only one close to him being Stewart who played on the same team.

They just don't have the nerve to select all three from the same team. Now this year it was very close and I have no problem with their selection – I would have hated to be the one that had to make the selection. I am however disappointed Colton did not get it because he too was deserving but only one can win. In 2008 I saw both Akers and the kid that got the award play and unlike this year it was not close. Akers should have gotten it in 2008. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas