• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does your school have a Booster Club?

Started by Clara Allen, December 14, 2014, 10:23:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Clara Allen

I'm curious about this.   Does your school have one?  Is it one for all sports, or are there separate ones for each sport?   What does your booster club do?
I'll lead off.  Lamar has a very active Booster Club. It has been in existence since 2007 or 8.  They support ALL high school athletic teams. In the past they have purchased travel bags, tumble mats and poms, track equipment, TV's for football and basketball and meals for the teams then they go to state. Among other things.  They also give scholarships to deserving senior athletes.  They also host an outstanding athletic banquet at the end of the year. They also run a pretty sweet concession stand during football season! 

adaptedtigerfan

Charleston has a booster club and a football foundation.

Wolfpack68

SuperTurfMonkey

Longfellow

Two Rivers does not. All the money comes from team fundraisers and the school. The team is fed on away games by churches in the area. At least they were last year. I don't know if they even got fed this year.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on December 14, 2014, 10:56:46 pm
Two Rivers does not. All the money comes from team fundraisers and the school. The team is fed on away games by churches in the area. At least they were last year. I don't know if they even got fed this year.

For some reason this doesn't surprise me....Have they hired more Coaches? I know the year Blake Noakes was there they only had 2 coaches on the payroll...

Longfellow

Had four last year. This year only three.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover has a booster club. You bought your soda at ours when you came to Smackover.

Jimbo Morphis

Radiotalker

Clara Allen

Thanks for the yesses and nos.  but my question is what are the ways your booster club or foundation helps your teams?

DeeGee

Glen Rose has a booster club that is for all sports. As far as the football team they pay for them to eat at Western Sizzlin before their games. Home and most away games, some away games pays for them to eat out somewhere close to the game. Not sure what else though, just know it's for all Glen Rose sports.

HorseFeathers

Not sure of the benefits Hector does for the actual teams anymore, but I know they run the Concession Stand(s), sell the T-Shirts...Organized a city pep rally/bonfire the night before our playoff game this year...I think the members are also who run the Live Stream Feeds of the games, and the Facebook page that keeps those out of the area up to date on our sports teams.

Lions84

STUNNA

Warren has a booster club... And I know when I was in school I didn't have to pay for a single thing sports related besides baseball stuff... Football and basketball gear was all free...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas