• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big fish in a Small Pond

Started by war cardinals, December 13, 2014, 04:49:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

war cardinals

I know its early the sting still hurts from last night but i'd be shocked if smackover isn't preseason picked #1 by hootens magazine come July . Smackover should a big fish in a small pond next yr, besides Charleston graduation will most likely stop them from a 3 peat who can stop the roos from getting back besides themselves.

war cardinals

WPWells

I agree. Charleston will be down, but don't count them out just yet

My preseason top 6:

1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Booneville
5. ECS
6. Lamar

DeeGee

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 13, 2014, 04:55:59 pm

My preseason top 6:

1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Booneville
5. ECS
6. Lamar

Agree!

HorseFeathers

My preseason top 6:

1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Booneville
5. ECS
6. Lamar

Yeah I told PB this last night...Charleston may lose Storey, but nearly 30 years of winning tradition tells us that Charleston will still be in the hunt next season...

YC

You guys are forgetting a very talented and athletic Osceola team that had only 3 or 4 seniors on the entire team.

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 13, 2014, 05:43:01 pm

You guys are forgetting a very talented and athletic Osceola team that had only 3 or 4 seniors on the entire team.

I agree, Osceola was Fast, played good sound fundamental football
And most importantly, VERY YOUNG. These guys could make some noise next year. Seemed to be good kids with good sportsmanship. You could tell they were well coached.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 13, 2014, 05:55:11 pm

And most importantly, VERY YOUNG. These guys could make some noise next year. Seemed to be good kids with good sportsmanship. You could tell they were well coached.

Well...Write it down, Smackover and Osceola will be on the same side of the bracket next year then :D

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: HF on December 13, 2014, 06:55:33 pm

Well...Write it down, Smackover and Osceola will be on the same side of the bracket next year then :D

Haha Hopefully on the other side of the bracket Charlestons in! :)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 13, 2014, 06:58:18 pm

Na Charleston and Prescott will be on that side too....AAA is consistent in their terrible choices lol

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: HF on December 13, 2014, 07:01:02 pm
Quote from: ChucktownTiger on December 13, 2014, 06:58:18 pm

Na Charleston and Prescott will be on that side too....AAA is consistent in their terrible choices lol

At least they're consistent! :)

Smackover Fan

They will even it up and put Smackover, Prescott, Charleston, Booneville, Osceola, Episcopal, Lamar, ummm McGehee, aaaand...ummmm Fordyce??? All in the same bracket. And I have it:
1. Smackover
2. Charleston
3. Prescott
4. Booneville
5. Episcopal

Charleston only above Prescott because, although Charleston loses a few, they have a great coach, and are extremely precise, and I think the precision is more than just Storey. Ability overall maybe Prescott, but factor in Coach K and Perfection based Offense.

snoopy22

You didn't watch same offense I watched last night.  I saw a great player win it not a great scheme.  Just a normal scheme.  Also McGehee, Fordyce, and Osceola will all be in the mix.  Centerpoint will be good too.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 13, 2014, 08:43:49 pm
You didn't watch same offense I watched last night.  I saw a great player win it not a great scheme.  Just a normal scheme.  Also McGehee, Fordyce, and Osceola will all be in the mix.  Centerpoint will be good too.

Charleston looked confused at times in the 1st half...Take Ty Storey and put a QB with less heart and determination in there, and Charleston loses by a couple of TD's in this one....His Arm and Discipline at taking what the Defense gave him on the ground and in the air is what won the game for them...

adaptedtigerfan

Why didn't you tell me you were comin snoop?  I would have came n said hi.

snoopy22

But Charleston is well coached no doubt.  Just no Storey, no title next year, and wouldn't have won it this year without him either.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 13, 2014, 08:45:54 pm

Don't Lie ATF...you would have only done it if he was on the Tiger Side :D

snoopy22

hoghelmet14

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 13, 2014, 08:45:54 pm

Feeling better?

YC

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 13, 2014, 08:47:59 pm
I was on Chuck side!!!:)

I wish I knew where you were setting. I sat right behind a couple Prescott people –one wearing a Prescott cap- and had several conversations with him. Could that possibly been you snoop??     

adaptedtigerfan

TeeLee

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 13, 2014, 08:56:39 pm

I wish I knew where you were setting. I sat right behind a couple Prescott people –one wearing a Prescott cap- and had several conversations with him. Could that possibly been you snoop??     

Hay I of T, in the Title Game thread I ask wolfpack68 if they was the 3 guys in front of us, but got no response. Either that wasn't him or he didn't want to admit to sitting on our side of the field.  :)

Wolfpack68

My preseason top 6:

1. Smackover
2. Prescott
3. Charleston
4. Booneville
5. ECS
6. Lamar
I would drop ECS. They're losing a lot.

WPWells

Freeman, Becton, and Robinson are back though. I'd expect some sort of Wildcat (no pun intended) style offense with Freeman at QB

Wolfpack68

I think Freeman would be good but can he throw. Will they have a true QB? Freeman and Becton are most effective at receiver. Robinson will lead the backfield for sure though.

BUCK FEVER

1.Smackover
2.Prescott
3.Charleston
4. Booneville
5.ocseola-Mcgehee-ECS-Lamar

Smackover Fan

Overly cocky buck fan maybe right here, but I think Charleston, Smackover, and Booneville losses just even it up for the rest, throw ECS and Prescott in there too. Mcgehee, Fordyce, and Lamar this year were where the others listed will be talent wise next year. 3A is suffering losses all over the state.

Longfellow

I like Osceola next year. Young team, extremely athletic, played hard. Only question marks I saw were quarterback play and line play. Both spots were very solid just saw some fundamental errors. I predict them at least in the semis next year

mack truck

I think Fordyce will be in the hunt too.They didnt lose many key players.Gates has Another Year left.Jr high team was pretty good this year.If Gates get some help,this team will be unpredicable.

-Painted Fan-

The one problem I have with predicting a team to make it "this far" or "that far" is you have the chimps at the AAA throwing darts at a dart board and setting up a Top 5 matchup in the 2nd Round.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 14, 2014, 10:09:07 pm
The one problem I have with predicting a team to make it "this far" or "that far" is you have the chimps at the AAA throwing darts at a dart board and setting up a Top 5 matchup in the 2nd Round.

Like I said...Next year expect Charleston, Smackover, Prescott and an Osceola or Booneville to all be on the same side of the bracket...

Pastureboy21

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 14, 2014, 12:38:40 pm
Freeman, Becton, and Robinson are back though. I'd expect some sort of Wildcat (no pun intended) style offense with Freeman at QB
Becton = Senior (this year)

WPWells

Longfellow

Quote from: HF on December 14, 2014, 10:21:37 pm

Like I said...Next year expect Charleston, Smackover, Prescott and an Osceola or Booneville to all be on the same side of the bracket...
That'll probably be the case. Maybe the we can have another top 4 matchup in the second round!!

snoopy22

I bet you liked them ol boys from Prescott too didn't you?!  Lol. I don't know if it was us or not, I talked to several Chuck fans though and they seemed like good folks!

snoopy22

Now that's funny!!

HorseFeathers

Missed the CHimps part...I bet this year they bring in a live Chimp to make the bracket....1 seed vs 1 seed in the first round! Let's do it!

snoopy22

Quote from: HF on December 14, 2014, 11:10:54 pm

Missed the CHimps part...I bet this year they bring in a live Chimp to make the bracket....1 seed vs 1 seed in the first round! Let's do it!
[/quote
Why not, second round, first round, who cares?  Lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 14, 2014, 11:13:38 pm
Quote from: HF on December 14, 2014, 11:10:54 pm

[/quote
Why not, second round, first round, who cares?  Lol

Bigger Gate in the first round right?

YC

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 14, 2014, 11:03:10 pm

I bet you liked them ol boys from Prescott too didn't you?!  Lol. I don't know if it was us or not, I talked to several Chuck fans though and they seemed like good folks!

They were good guys and I liked them. One would point out the Smackover tendencies to me and he would always be right. He also pointed out your QB and I think that he was with them. When the fumble occurred they got up to leave and made the statement "you guys have got them, this game is over" He almost missed that one but it did turn out to be true. He was extremely knowledgeable about the game of football and the Smackover team.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: IofthaTiger on December 14, 2014, 11:19:53 pm
Quote from: snoopy22 on December 14, 2014, 11:03:10 pm

They were good guys and I liked them. One would point out the Smackover tendencies to me and he would always be right. He also pointed out your QB and I think that he was with them. When the fumble occurred they got up to leave and made the statement “you guys have got them, this game is over” He almost missed that one but it did turn out to be true. He was extremely knowledgeable about the game of football and the Smackover team.

Not sure if PB heard me, But I said the same thing.....

That same exact thing happened to Hector in the 2nd round of the playoffs against Rison this year....I felt just as bad about it happening for Smackover as I did when it happened to us...

cdelaney

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 14, 2014, 01:13:17 pm
I think Freeman would be good but can he throw. Will they have a true QB? Freeman and Becton are most effective at receiver. Robinson will lead the backfield for sure though.
They will have a true QB but untested and I would expect Freeman to take some snaps.He threw a couple of TDs on reverses to Becton this year but caught defense cheating up.
Becton is a senior so will be gone. As are the Geese, McCastlain, Munson, total of 13 Srs of whom 8-9 were crucial to success past 2 yrs. 
if they can get 5-6 talented Jrs to be to play FB next year they will be good but not top 5 likely. Should be playoff team but could be from 2nd to 4th in 5-3A.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas