• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yarnells pre-game kick contest...

Started by punisher, December 13, 2014, 11:32:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

punisher

I felt this was a microcosm of the game itself.  No doubt Kendrick used the performance of the two Charleston participants during the halftime speech to rally the troops, as no better example of guts and fighting back from adversity when down were demonstrated prior to the kickoff.

For those without the privilege of seeing this display first hand, the Smackover faithful sent out Sebastian Janikowski for their first participant.  This gentlemen was not a novice.  His initial attempt sailed long and true and landed approximately 50 rows up in the end zone.  That dude could kick.  The second participant from Smackover performed admirably, but was unable to kick his 3 attempts through the uprights.

Down 1-0, Charleston sent out a young athlete and a questionable choice for their second participant.  The first Charleston kicker dramatically teased the crowd with his first two trials, missing both narrowly before nailing the third trial.  This evened up the contest.  Then, a gangly, malnourished appearing, Uncle Si look alike took his place in line.  If this ugly duckling had any muscle at all it apparently was in his right hip flexor.  The crowd around me questioned this decision as this man appeared to lack any confidence at all.  Against all odds, on the first attempt, the kick was long enough and accurate enough to miraculously go through the uprights and clench a 2-1 victory for the town of Charleston, and more importantly a years' supply of ice cream for this man's family. The man pretended as if the kick was not a challenge, and humbly strolled out to midfield to accept the crowd adulation.  This was truly an inspirational performance that obviously set the tone for the second half Tiger rally.

This was obviously typed in a sarcastic fashion.  What a fantastic game last night.  No one deserved to lose.  Congratulations to both teams on a fantastic season.

-Painted Fan-

That "gangly, malnourished, Uncle Si look-alike" plays a mean guitar, and was an awesome basketball player for the Tigers back in the day.
I can't wait to see what the future holds for Charleston's first contestant. His future is definitely bright.

gold45

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 13, 2014, 11:46:50 am
That "gangly, malnourished, Uncle Si look-alike" plays a mean guitar, and was an awesome basketball player for the Tigers back in the day.
I can't wait to see what the future holds for Charleston's first contestant. His future is definitely bright.

Charleston's first contestant had his Mom driving like she was in a Nascar race to get there to see him kick.  Proud of that kid :)

Charleston's second contestant is pretty awesome all the way around.  And probably needs some of that ice cream today to soothe his vocal cords ;)

punisher

I know both contestants and their family's well.  Young Kengla is a fine young man whose parents should be very proud of how good of a kid he turned out to be.  Just had to poke a little fun at the pre-game entertainment show that the second participant put on.  I know how good a sport he is. 

The Dynasty

Gangly Uncle Si has a pulled hamstring, no voice but three happy women in the house enjoying some Rocky Road ice cream!!!! Great post!!!!

gold45

Quote from: punisher on December 13, 2014, 01:02:47 pm
I know both contestants and their family's well.  Young Kengla is a fine young man whose parents should be very proud of how good of a kid he turned out to be.  Just had to poke a little fun at the pre-game entertainment show that the second participant put on.  I know how good a sport he is.

It was a great post!   I had no idea Janikowski was from Smackover ;) He's always my favorite Fantasy kicker to draft! And that Kengla kid is a dandy too :D

mfmf63

kicker from Smackover was the older brother of Purifoy!

minerjack

The kicking for the Yarnell's ice cream was better than the actual kicking in the game!  ;D

BassMaster33

Quote from: minerjack2212 on December 15, 2014, 03:14:58 pm
The kicking for the Yarnell's ice cream was better than the actual kicking in the game!  ;D
Lol, there was a lot more on the line for that ice cream!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas