• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heaven help the team that runs into the Smackover Buzzsaw next season

Started by Sourpuss, December 13, 2014, 01:44:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourpuss

I have lived in C-town for several years and never seen a team go toe to toe with them in person like Smackover did.  WOW!  A heavy weight fight for the ages!!! Worth every penny. 

a few facts.  Smackover is TOP TO BOTTOM the most talented team for that classification ive seen in a long time.  If you put Charlestons fastest five v Smackover's fastest five they would finish 1 Smackover 2 Smackover 3 Smackover 4 Smackover 5 Smackover 6 Charleston 7 Charleston....  They played together and other than a few penalties didn't hurt themselves much.

Make no mistake about it, that team was very capable of winning that game.  :04 left on the clock and the issue was still in doubt.  Actually until the ball hit the ground for the last time the issue was still in doubt. They play 10 times and Smackover would win 5.  No doubt.   

at halftime I heard someone say that they had lost earlier this year and I thought "i'd like to see the $%) team that beat them!" 

The ever humble Storey was the difference.  and Kendrick.  How do you coach a team to a state playoff with a line that consistently had trouble protecting Storey?  I really thought for the first half of the game...this team is too much.  Too balanced. 

Smackover, from what I could see is a great community that really showed up to represent and support its team.  They are obviously very proud of them.  And they should be.  If I were a Tiger I'd count my blessings that I got that fumble with about 5 left on the clock.  That game could have ended very differently.  Their #10 (the big reciever that committed to U of A) glides up and down the field like he's riding a ten speed. 

U of A I think you've got a winner in Storey.  And Jones the receiver from Smackover.  Truth be told there were a couple on Smackover that might bear a look.  But Storey carried Charleston all night.  Every time they needed him he stepped forward.

The refs....meh....they were balanced...with poor calls on both sides.  probably shouldn't have called a personal foul on the Bucs....probably should have let Charleston have the obvious fumble at the Smackover 10 yard line.  but they were balanced. 

It was hard to watch the Bucs players at the end as they got their hearts broke.  Both teams left with no bullets in the chamber.  both have a lot to be proud of.  Class on both sides.

If this world were fair neither team deserved to lose.  I have a feeling that one of them will be back there next year and heaven help the team on the other side of the field.  I'd like to see the team that keeps them from winning it all next year if they are as young as my friend with that bought the guide said they were.

Puss out

Proud Buckaroo

Thank you so much for the compliments. It really gives a little ease to this lose... I'm still pretty emotional. I think a little rest and I should be fine.

+1 for your post.

Sourpuss

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 13, 2014, 01:50:08 am
Thank you so much for the compliments. It really gives a little ease to this lose... I'm still pretty emotional. I think a little rest and I should be fine.

+1 for your post.
Those arent compliments.  I dont give compliments.  Those, my friend, are facts. 

That is the first time in the Storey era I can remember thinking....this may not be possible. 

When 10 nonchalantly caught that pass of about 40 yards I looked at the guy I rode with and said ":04 and it still isn't over!"

I just watched the pass in slow motion.  Two Smackover receivers touched the ball. 

Charleston....stealing a steak from the devils plate...shame on you! 

This could have ended VERY differently Bucaroo.  anyone that saw that game and says they weren't concerned is lying.  I really feel Smack had the better "team."  You just happen to be playing the most heralded QB in the history of Tiger football.  Poor Ty.  Had to play QB and RB and LB and DB.  Had to carry the water onto the field.  Had to tie the shoes of one of the O'line.  I have heard that he even has his CDL and had to drive one of the CHS buses home tonight. 

Smackover is a GREAT TEAM.  I hate that one of those two teams had to lose. 

(But take it as a compliment if you like.  Your team earned statewide respect.  Tonight you grabbed the Tiger by the tail...and almost pulled the tail off.)

Sourpuss

If that team is as young as my buddy said, and Vegas would give me a line,  id feel very comfortable about betting $100 on them right now for next year. Talented talented team. 

DeeGee

I agree with you 100%!
After tonight, I'd say they have earned their spot and anyone who has a doubt knows nothing about football. They were good last year in playoffs,  this year,amazing!  Next year, will be the team to beat.

Sourpuss

#7 and # 3 were a pair of nightmares too.  Are they coming back?
  And that little running back.
Jiminy.

I kept thinking...well thats it....now they'll know they are being buried.  But the Bucs didn't know!  :04 on the clock and they STILL didn't know.  They still had a chance.  Great team.  Lots of heart. 

Night all.

Puss out

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Sourpuss on December 13, 2014, 02:22:08 am
#7 and # 3 were a pair of nightmares too.  Are they coming back?
  And that little running back.
Jiminy.

I kept thinking...well thats it....now they'll know they are being buried.  But the Bucs didn't know!  :04 on the clock and they STILL didn't know.  They still had a chance.  Great team.  Lots of heart. 

Night all.

Puss out

COMING BACK..#3-#5-#6-#8#9-#10-#16-#44...#5 Dewayne Jones went out early with a injury( he scored the first touchdown), we missed him the rest of the night.........CAN"T THINK OF ALL OTHERS COMING BACK AS LATE AS IT IS, BUT A HOST OF HI QUAILTY PLAYERS RETURN PLUS 3 OR  4 REALLY GOOD FRESHMAN INCLUDING THE "RUCKS KID, HE COULD HAVE PLAYED THIS YEAR.....WE WILL LOSE SOME GREAT SENIORS  BUT I'm confident, we have guys that will fill some shoes........congrats to the tigers, and your right Storey was the difference.

Sick Dog

Great post and I agree 100%. But what makes everyone think Smackover is gonna be better next year? Isn't other people in the state returning starters as well?

DeeGee

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 13, 2014, 10:29:42 am
Great post and I agree 100%. But what makes everyone think Smackover is gonna be better next year? Isn't other people in the state returning starters as well?

Yes they are. But, not returning Smackover's speed and talent. They more than proved that right last night. They will be the team to beat next year, period.

Sourpuss

According to a friend that had the program they appear very young.  If you saw the game it and factor in that they'll have a lot of that team back (a team which could easily be state Champs this am). 

Many around town this am saying that is probably the hardest game ctown has had in a while.  Booneville was close but last night was a loaded gun pointed at your head that went click instead of bang.

DeeGee

Your friend is correct. We bought a program as well. They will be the team to beat. The state championship is definitely theirs to lose. I see them with some rings next year.

bleudog

Quote from: Sourpuss on December 13, 2014, 01:44:13 am
....at halftime I heard someone say that they had lost earlier this year and I thought "i'd like to see the $%) team that beat them!" ......

Hang around Little Rock one more day.  That team plays at 6:30 this evening.

Sick Dog

I remember this Smackover group that is returning next year didn't even win their conference while they were in junior high. If I'm wrong PB or BF correct me? Who else was young this year and returns bunch of starters?

Proud Buckaroo

Sick Dog

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 13, 2014, 11:20:51 am
I remember this Smackover group that is returning next year didn't even win their conference while they were in junior high. If I'm wrong PB or BF correct me? Who else was young this year and returns bunch of starters?

The 11 GRADERS RETURNING won there 7th grade conference title undefeated, also including non conference win over a previous undefeated Camden Fairview,

in the 8th grade they went undefeated again winning , west side conference title and overall conference title.,

in the 9th grade they won there west side conference, setting up a overall conf title game with east side champ Mcgehee........these (then) 9th graders (now(11th).....entered that final Jr high game with a 32-0 record......................led Mcgehee at the half.........THE owl staff made the proper adjustments at halftime, the Buck staff did not................the Bucks lost that final game of there jr high carees by 4 points...........I personally took that lose harder than The one last night......I guess because I knew we were better and should have won............Last night we were not suppose to win and were seconds away from doing so, I left War memorial stadium with a tremendous sense of Pride....

This is where many folks see the BUCKAROOS as being the team to beat next YEAR, I have always felt,(just my opinion) 2015 would be the bucks year.....the right players are back, a GOOD GROUP MOVING UP..........LOGAN and some line will be missed.........I think some will be surprised with QB Bo Burson....I don"t want to sound foolish and compare him to Johnny football, but this kid plays that style, if he continues to mature and improve he will be fun to watch and he will get the job done, look for some swapping at times at QB BO-jordan-Purifoy.............JMHO

amehr36

Man I really was pulling for the Bucks last night. I'm already looking forward to next years game against JC again.  Great year though, Smackover.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: amehr36 on December 13, 2014, 12:49:35 pm
Man I really was pulling for the Bucks last night. I'm already looking forward to next years game against JC again.  Great year though, Smackover.

Thanks, we should open up the 2015 season with a BANG,..... WILL BE ANOTHER THRILLER FOR UNION COUNTY. ;D

WPWells

Sick Dog

No since in even playing football next season. Bucs are guaranteed State Championship

DeeGee

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 13, 2014, 02:09:01 pm
No since in even playing football next season. Bucs are guaranteed State Championship

I think you meant "sense."
Why are you so hateful?  Can you just not give this team their props for one heck of a season? Guess this season shouldn't have been played either because most figured Charleston would win? Common sense tells anyone this team will be hard to beat next year.

BAMA#16

Smack should be #1 entering 2015. Charleston sophomore and ninth grade classes will be very salty in 2016.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 13, 2014, 02:09:01 pm

You really are a sad excuse for a poster...

Sick Dog

Yea but everyone already talking about next year and the unbeatable Bucs. Give it a freakn break until at least FB season gets here next year

DeeGee

Ummm we all said the same thing about Charleston last year after they won. So by what your saying, since the state game is over that we should not discuss football on a football forum any more???? Yeah, that makes perfect sense!!!! God forbid we congratulate teams for their season, and a young team that we all predict to be an even greater team next year. That would just be foolish, right?  ::)

Sick Dog

Since yall are so good at predicting next years champion I think Hootens or ESPN has some job applications on line.

DeeGee

Nawwww. I'll stick with my job. Probably pays better. Plus who would listen to a woman's prediction? Well I take that back, a lot of folks would. But still, I'll stick with mental health. It's very entertaining and everyday a new adventure! 

Sourpuss

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 13, 2014, 02:35:40 pm
Since yall are so good at predicting next years champion I think Hootens or ESPN has some job applications on line.
I want everyone on here to say something nice about Sickdog...he needs some attention and we havent given him enough.

I'll start.  Sickdog I love your posts.  I think that you use your negativism for good purposes.

-Painted Fan-

Dee, I think one of your patients has escaped while you were at the game last night!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sourpuss on December 13, 2014, 03:07:41 pm
I want everyone on here to say something nice about Sickdog...he needs some attention and we havent given him enough.

I'll start.  Sickdog I love your posts.  I think that you use your negativism for good purposes.

SickDog...I have a cousin that is a vet, maybe you should give the clinic a call and become a healthydog?

DeeGee

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 13, 2014, 03:18:21 pm
Dee, I think one of your patients has escaped while you were at the game last night!

See what happens when I have a day off???
Dang it!

DeeGee

Quote from: Sourpuss on December 13, 2014, 03:07:41 pm

Ummmm.....
Sick dog, you have an unique sense of humor....

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Smackover Fan

I have nothing good to say about him, I do however have nothing but good things to say about every other poster in 3A, the people that realize Smackover deserved to be there last night have made it vocal, the Smackover posters were respectful and vocalized the realization that Ty Storey could make it happen against all odds...and the odds were against him a lot of the night. Sick Dog can't give credit where credit is due, and I think he has a giant chip on his shoulder, sounds like someone has an issue respecting obvious authority, just bow down puppy, or go back to the porch.

Sourpuss

Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 13, 2014, 03:43:42 pm
I have nothing good to say about him, I do however have nothing but good things to say about every other poster in 3A, the people that realize Smackover deserved to be there last night have made it vocal, the Smackover posters were respectful and vocalized the realization that Ty Storey could make it happen against all odds...and the odds were against him a lot of the night. Sick Dog can't give credit where credit is due, and I think he has a giant chip on his shoulder, sounds like someone has an issue respecting obvious authority, just bow down puppy, or go back to the porch.
more often than not better team beats 1 great player and several really good players.  Ty came up big.  But he's been groomed to do this since day 1. 

Neither team should have had to lose last night.  Both put their heart in it.  Today here in Charleston all the talk was about how Smackover gave them the best game they've had in years.  The best scare they've had in years.

Yes they deserved to be there.  take away that fumble and that game has a different ending.  Anyone who saw it knew that at different points each team was on the ropes. 

YC

Quote from: Sourpuss on December 13, 2014, 05:14:22 pm
Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 13, 2014, 03:43:42 pm
more often than not better team beats 1 great player and several really good players.  Ty came up big.  But he's been groomed to do this since day 1. 

Neither team should have had to lose last night.  Both put their heart in it.  Today here in Charleston all the talk was about how Smackover gave them the best game they've had in years.  The best scare they've had in years.

Yes they deserved to be there.  take away that fumble and that game has a different ending.  Anyone who saw it knew that at different points each team was on the ropes.
Perhaps, but you can't take away plays from the game and say it would have had a different ending.

The fumble was huge and so was the unsportsmanlike penalty that happened against Smackover.

If you take away the bad things that happen to one team then you also must consider the bad things that happen to the other as well.

Such as the tipped ball that then traveled another 5 or 6 yard down field right into a receivers hands that went for a Td. The face mask penalty that keep a scoring drive alive and the numerous drops of sure interceptions.

All the events work together in a game and one comes out the winner and the other does not.

Sick Dog

Yea you like every 3A poster who pumps up Smackover right? Everyone that tells you how great yall did last night. Hey go buy you a ring for second place if that's your goal. You don't like me cause I called you out on how your fans and administration allowed an opposing coach to get punched by one of your fans three years ago and it embarrassed you and it should have. You like everybody that supports Smackover and don't like me cause I don't support them. So whatever dude. This sick dog is fixing to turn into the big dog and dare any of you to step on my porch.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 13, 2014, 05:41:12 pm
Yea you like every 3A poster who pumps up Smackover right? Everyone that tells you how great yall did last night. Hey go buy you a ring for second place if that's your goal. You don't like me cause I called you out on how your fans and administration allowed an opposing coach to get punched by one of your fans three years ago and it embarrassed you and it should have. You like everybody that supports Smackover and don't like me cause I don't support them. So whatever dude. This sick dog is fixing to turn into the big dog and dare any of you to step on my porch.

No dog in this fight....But seriously, I'd much rather lose in the finals leaving everything on the field. Than sit at home moaning about how if the weather was better for the game(that was by designed meant to be played in the weather) we would have beaten Booneville, and Then Beat Charleston...

Sick Dog

Hey I don't care about that. I live in Hope. We sucked this year so I didn't go around and say since we made to the semi finals last year how proud I was when we played Morrilton a close game. Maybe that's what some people want. I cheer for Prescott unless they play Hope and support them throughout the season unless Hope is good that year and we usually aren't. I am a JC fan. Like watching them play so I really don't care what happened or who beat who.

Smackover Fan

You mean that coach that was shoving OUR kids? If the kids are gunna fight, that's an issue, but when a little jerk coach decides to put his hands on high school kids, he deserves to be punched and YES I was there, I was about 10 feet from coach tool when he was punched...and I talked with "he who I'm not going to name" at last nights game. Smackover has had ONE fight, and last night was VERY physical and VERY emotional...starting to look like Prescotts THUGS are the reason their coach was punched to me. Again, the puppies are on the porch, go sit with them and let the big "dogs" talk. JC fan? No you're a bandwagon fan. And since prescott lost you have found a new wagon in JC.

snoopy22

Smackover lost eight starters on offense.  Good but not as good next year.

DeeGee

Geez... 
Calm down there hoss!!!! You're gonna need blood pressure meds soon like that! Just because people congratulate them for a dang good game, don't mean they support them. Just means they were impressed by the way they came out and fought hard til the last second. Can you not recognize the difference? Some folks just didn't realize the speed and fight that young team had. Take a moment and think outside the box. Staying defensive makes you have tunnel vision and not seeing the whole picture. Nobody is ganging up on you, you are the one downing folks for their opinions and yet blow up when they act the same to you. In order to get respect, you must give respect.

You do realize this is my day off and I feel like I'm doing an intervention???? Lol, that was sarcasm btw.

RandomAlias_95

Smackover will not be as good next year as they were this year. Incredible team this year with an experience QB and line to lead the team. Yes, they will have quite a few juniors back but they are also losing 11 AWESOME seniors. I personally don't believe they can do what this year's team did unless 3A is really down next year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas