• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hats off

Started by Jim Patriot, December 12, 2014, 10:06:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Patriot

to Charleston. A worthy champion with the best player in the state, and it showed. Congrats to the Tigers.

And to the Bucks. You guys did us proud. You went toe-to-toe with a great team for 48 full minutes and put on one of the best state championship games in recent memory. You've laid the groundwork for anything good that comes next for this program. For that, your town is grateful.

Buck pride forever.

HorseCollar

Absolutely! So proud of our team and our community.

Also, hats off to Charleston and Ty Story.

WPWells

BUCK FEVER

A great game , like these type of games should be,congrats to the tigers, so proud of this Buckaroo football team,......and extremely proud of my baby boy #44, for getting the Brandon Burlesworth award.,.....the Bucks will be back.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: BUCK FEVER on December 12, 2014, 10:27:15 pm
A great game , like these type of games should be,congrats to the tigers, so proud of this Buckaroo football team,......and extremely proud of my baby boy #44, for getting the Brandon Burlesworth award.,.....the Bucks will be back.
Your son played a great one. He sacked a SEC QB. Congrats to him. He played good.

WPWells

Y'all will win state next year

Clara Allen

I listened to the game.    Congratulations to the Togers.   Congratulations to the buckaroos on a great season. 

snoopy22

December 12, 2014, 10:29:53 pm #7 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:33:17 pm by snoopy22
Nope.  But congrats to both teams.  Turning point of course was a penalty.  4th and twenty Smackover up 7, big hit and then an unsportsmanlike penalty, kept drive alive and Charleston goes down and ties game.  If that don't happen Smack would have had ball up 7.  Would've been real interesting.  Again congrats to both teams for outstanding seasons.

Jim Patriot

TE44 played a heckuva a ball game. Congrats to you and yours BF. Glad to have him coming back for another run.

shiloh forever

Best player in the state? I'd have to disagree. Not hating but you can't really make that kind of statement when he is playing in the second smallest classification in the state. Was a good game to watch, but alot different than big boy ball

snoopy22

Big boy ball.  Storey is by far the best player in this state.  If you don't know that you are living in a cave or something.

shiloh forever

Quote from: snoopy22 on December 12, 2014, 10:35:16 pm
Big boy ball.  Storey is by far the best player in this state.  If you don't know that you are living in a cave or something.
He might be, but it's hard to tell right now considering the class he plays in. Look at this game compared to 6 and 7A. He does have good mechanics. This wasn't meant to take anything away from him but best player in the state is an over shot

Jim Patriot

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on December 12, 2014, 10:33:13 pm
Best player in the state? I'd have to disagree. Not hating but you can't really make that kind of statement when he is playing in the second smallest classification in the state. Was a good game to watch, but alot different than big boy ball

He gets my vote. I get what you're saying and all, but TS is big time. You could definitely form arguments for KJ Hill and others, but Storey is more than a product of small-school competition. He's an SEC QB, and he's the only one we can say that for sure about in the state this year.

shiloh forever

Quote from: Jim Patriot on December 12, 2014, 10:39:00 pm

He gets my vote. I get what you're saying and all, but TS is big time. You could definitely form arguments for KJ Hill and others, but Storey is more than a product of small-school competition. He's an SEC QB, and he's the only one we can say that for sure about in the state this year.
I hope so because the Hogs could really use some help soon.

chucktownboys

Big boy ball? Lol isn't that what Brandon and Austin played? They aren't even d1 players, Ty is, quit haten what u don't know, you'll be glad u had him when he's a Hog! Great job Tigers!

bleudog

December 12, 2014, 11:02:38 pm #15 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 08:36:14 am by bleudog

http://www.brandonburlsworth.org/burlsworth-awards/state-championship-awards.html

Who was the Charleston recipient?

shiloh forever

Quote from: chucktownboys on December 12, 2014, 11:00:13 pm
Big boy ball? Lol isn't that what Brandon and Austin played? They aren't even d1 players, Ty is, quit haten what u don't know, you'll be glad u had him when he's a Hog! Great job Tigers!
Just saying you can't compare Charleston to any team in the bigger classifications. The talent is night and day for the most part.

urban legend2

I don't think he's hating. He makes sense with what he's saying. That's not to say Ty's not the best in the state. Just hard to make that determination this year when you've got KJ Hill, Will Gragg, etc. holding more D-I offers. He's is definitely one of the best. I know he's enrolling early, but would've like to see him rejoin the hoops team to see if they could make it back to the title game. Very good athlete.

HorseFeathers

My take on Ty Story....He's got the arm and the accuracy that all Hog fans tend to knock Brandon allen for not having. BUT to me he looked antsy, maybe a bit scared in the first half when Smackover was getting  a lot of pressure on him. He was getting rid of it quick...BUT The kid has a lot of heart, he put his team on his back and carried them down the field on that game winning drive...He carried it 7 times and then threw the game winning TD. I hope he pans out at Arkansas, I think he definitely has the tools to do so...Hopefully the fan base will treat him a bit better than they have Brandon Allen(Hard to have any confidence at all when you know no matter what you do your "fans" are going to find something to ridicule you about all of the time...)

Big Red

Oh Brother!  Not worth wasting time over.  Something tells me you might still be in high school though.  I hope so.

gatecrasher

December 13, 2014, 12:34:04 am #20 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 12:35:54 am by gatecrasher
I'm a pretty good judge of QBs, and Storey is the best I have seen in my 33 years of living in this state.
Smackover's pass rush caused him problems in the first half. Much different story in the second half.
When the game was on the line, he got it done.

Storey is better than both Allen brothers were at their "big boy" school. Way better.
Whoever posted that is an idiot and should have their means of posting confiscated. Pretty sure I can find plenty of FBS quarterbacks that played their high school ball at small schools.

Shall I go dig it up?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 13, 2014, 12:34:04 am
I'm a pretty good judge of QBs, and Storey is the best I have seen in my 33 years of living in this state.
Smackover's pass rush caused him problems in the first half. Much different story in the second half.
When the game was on the line, he got it done.

Storey is better than both Allen brothers were at their "big boy" school. Way better.
Whoever posted that is an idiot and should have their means of posting confiscated. Pretty sure I can find plenty of FBS quarterbacks that played their high school ball at small schools.

+1

WPWells

The kid is a gamer without a doubt. I expect great things from him on The Hill! Can't wait to be at the same school as him once again! I'm proud to call someone who's as good of a player as him, but also as good and humble of a person as him, a personal friend of mine

-Painted Fan-

You don't have to dig it up.
I've been through this song and dance before.
The Manning brothers attended Isadore Newman High School in New Orleans, which has an enrollment of 919 students K-12th grades.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Jim Patriot on December 12, 2014, 10:32:27 pm

TE44 played a heckuva a ball game. Congrats to you and yours BF. Glad to have him coming back for another run.

Thanks so much Jim, it was a bitter sweet night, we all enjoyed a great battle between to very fine teams, one we will all remember, WE have so much to be thankful for even in defeat.......looking forward to 2015...........GO BUCKS !!!

jsk

Big Boy Ball, Huh? Whatever. Bigger schools dosen't mean better players. It just means you have more kids to put on your side lines to rotate in and out. How many of the big boy ball teams can play both ways for four quaters?

MR#1

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on December 12, 2014, 11:45:57 pm
Just saying you can't compare Charleston to any team in the bigger classifications. The talent is night and day for the most part.

It's not so much about talent, it's most often size and depth.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MR#1 on December 13, 2014, 07:47:38 am
Quote from: X-Factor #1 on December 12, 2014, 11:45:57 pm

It's not so much about talent, it's most often size and depth.

Yes, cause everyone knows if you go to a 7A school you have to be bigger and stronger than kids that go to 2A schools. Is that the best you can come up with? Im pretty sure the small schools held their own in the weight lifting match last year. I wont go into a 2A school won the overall. I wouldn't want to ruin your thoughts.

-Painted Fan-

Let me guess....Junction City Dragons?
If it was, it's not the first time they've won the overall....and probably not the last.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: -Painted Fan- on December 13, 2014, 08:23:57 am
Let me guess....Junction City Dragons?
If it was, it's not the first time they've won the overall....and probably not the last.

You would be correct all the way around.

Sick Dog

There was two D 1 recruits on the field last night. How many times this year in any classification that has happened? SEC recruits

WPWells

Every time Fayetteville steps on the field

Sick Dog

Ok. So one team on all classifications. Who didn't even win it.

STUNNA

Northside vs NLR
NLR vs Fayetteville

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bleudog

footballfanatic2

Pretty sure the Mason kid is going to C-USA as well

bleudog

Quote from: footballfanatic2 on December 13, 2014, 10:55:55 am
Pretty sure the Mason kid is going to C-USA as well

Good to hear, I wasn't aware of an offer and verbal commit yet.

JC Guy

Dont Evans have an offer from the Warhawks? Not sure but that's what I was told by what I would think is a good source.

BUCK FEVER

December 13, 2014, 11:46:30 pm #39 Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:52:19 pm by BUCK FEVER

Y"ALL know I had too add the pic. :)

Not the biggest............Not the fastest............Not a problem

JUST DO WHAT YOU DO

DO IT ALL OUT..............................................DO IT ALL THE TIME.

2014  CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, 12 TACKLES,  2
QB SACKS , 2 FOR LOSSES = PROUD PAPA BUCK.........GREAT JOB TREV.     

shiloh forever

Quote from: jsk on December 13, 2014, 06:26:39 am
Big Boy Ball, Huh? Whatever. Bigger schools dosen't mean better players. It just means you have more kids to put on your side lines to rotate in and out. How many of the big boy ball teams can play both ways for four quaters?
If they needed to, they could. A 3a school wouldn't even compete closely to a 6 or 7a school. Yes, there is more talent most of the time and more of it. And depth.

TeeLee

Quote from: X-Factor #1 on December 14, 2014, 12:25:32 am
If they needed to, they could. A 3a school wouldn't even compete closely to a 6 or 7a school. Yes, there is more talent most of the time and more of it. And depth.

Use a little imagination, put Storey behind some of those big offensive lines in 6 or 7A and see if there would be any difference.

gatecrasher

99% of the time, this is true.
But every so often, a small school team comes along that can play with the big boys.

Ask any of the big school national powers that have played John Curtis out of Louisiana.

As far as this state, I believe the past two JC teams could. Size, speed, and depth. The Dragons have all three.

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 14, 2014, 12:39:36 pm
99% of the time, this is true.
But every so often, a small school team comes along that can play with the big boys.

Ask any of the big school national powers that have played John Curtis out of Louisiana.

As far as this state, I believe the past two JC teams could. Size, speed, and depth. The Dragons have all three.

Agreed, JC football is always good, they are good in a rebuilding year, this team was  head and shoulders about the avg JC team....folks that did not see them play this year , just don"t get it.

How many times in the past has JC beaten #2 Rison 48-8 and played reserves the 2nd half ?
How many times  has JC  BLANKED Bearden not once but twice ?

I enjoyed talking garb with my union county friends back in aug , but I knew deep down we were going to see the best JC ever had.

I think even JC impressed JC this year. ;D

Smackover Fan

Take Smackovers defense with some players from Charleston, Charlestons Offense with Jordan Jones and Elmo Hempstead, and maybe a few of Smackovers linemen. I'll just say rake the best 60 kids from these two clubs, and the best 60 from ANY school, ANY classification, and I guarantee 3A wins the game...heck, give us Dancy and Hill from JC...I mean 7A is aoooo much bigger and better right? Get that out of here. Ty Storey is top notch, and the hogs know it. If he isn't the best player in your opinion, I need a grain of salt to take with it.

STUNNA

Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 14, 2014, 04:40:28 pm
Big Boy Ball, Huh? Whatever. Bigger schools dosen't mean better players. It just means you have more kids to put on your side lines to rotate in and out. How many of the big boy ball teams can play both ways for four
Your best sixty would beat 2a and that would be it..

Take Smackovers defense with some players from Charleston, Charlestons Offense with Jordan Jones and Elmo Hempstead, and maybe a few of Smackovers linemen. I'll just say rake the best 60 kids from these two clubs, and the best 60 from ANY school, ANY classification, and I guarantee 3A wins the game...heck, give us Dancy and Hill from JC...I mean 7A is aoooo much bigger and better right? Get that out of here. Ty Storey is top notch, and the hogs know it. If he isn't the best player in your opinion, I need a grain of salt to take with it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas