• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship Eve

Started by gold45, December 11, 2014, 08:36:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gold45

Tis the eve before the 3A State Championship and I have to admit.  I'm bummed.  And not just because the Bearcat team that I love so much won't be playing.   I'm also bummed because another high school football season has come and gone.   I love spending Friday nights in a small town football stadium, standing in the warmth, rain, dry, or cold, cheering on my favorite players and team.  Finding something comparable to fill up Friday nights from mid December until early September isn't very easy (if even possible.)  This particular group of senior Bearcats are very special to me and I can't help but already feel nostalgic for getting to watch them play together under the bright lights at Bearcat Stadium.  There is just something about watching young players develop their talent through the skill of their coaches and then watch them use that talent unselfishly for the good of the whole.  I have never played a down of football in my life but, after watching both of my brothers play the game, I would imagine the lessons learned on the field, about sacrifice and teamwork, brotherhood and unity, are lessons we would all be better off learning during our teenage years.  The world would be a better place if more adults knew how to sacrifice and use their skills for the "we" instead of for the "me."   So to the players for Charleston and Smackover....I truly applaud you and all of your achievements.  No team makes it this far without being "The Real Deal."   But win or lose tomorrow night, all players from both teams will walk off that field a better individual just because of the experience and the lessons learned on the field. 
And one last thing........ Go Get'em Tigers!

Proud Buckaroo

Very good read, Gold45. +1
Look forward to meeting you.

gold45

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 11, 2014, 08:39:48 pm
Very good read, Gold45. +1
Look forward to meeting you.

Thank you, Proud Buckaroo.  As I do you!

Wolfpack68

Ok just wondering when and where is the meet, I may actually come.

WPWells

Just bumped it (assuming that's still where we're going to do it)

Wolfpack68

If I get there in time, I will try to meet some posters, other than that, what time and where.

Wolfpack68

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 08:54:23 pm
Just bumped it (assuming that's still where we're going to do it)
My bad 12th just saw it.

Sick Dog

Are you looking forward to meeting me too Proud Buckaroo?

WPWells

I'm looking forward to putting some faces with names

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 11, 2014, 09:00:09 pm
Are you looking forward to meeting me too Proud Buckaroo?

Already know what you look like:

Wolfpack68

12th I've seen you play before. Basketball, at Fordyce against Prescott.

WPWells

Wolfpack68

Can't remember exactly. I saw you though. I saw all of the Chucktown players. I probably won't even recognize ya. Did you play?

WPWells

I was one of those cheerleaders that wore a uniform and sat on the bench ;)

Wolfpack68

Sounds like me in my old playin days in basketball. Now, football that's a different story.

ChucktownTigerFan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 09:14:42 pm
I remember you playing quite a bit during some games.. One comes to mind.. Your Jr, yr at Magazine if I remember that right. Coach T told the started to be up by 50 and they didn't have to play the 2nd half.. so they got the 50pts.

WPWells

I played because we won big, not because I was that good

Wolfpack68

Quote from: ChucktownTigerFan on December 11, 2014, 09:21:09 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 09:14:42 pm
I remember you playing quite a bit during some games.. One comes to mind.. Your Jr, yr at Magazine if I remember that right. Coach T told the started to be up by 50 and they didn't have to play the 2nd half.. so they got the 50pts.
I'll see yall tomorrow. Maybe, possibly. I don't want to give away my identity, but who cares. I mean someone's gonna figure it out one day.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 09:01:22 pm

I've heard through the grapevine that this is Proud Buckaroo...But I'm not sure...

WPWells

I mean I know your name through the pick'em

Wolfpack68

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 09:26:38 pm
I mean I know your name through the pick'em
As I do yours. But still, not too many need to know.

WPWells

Understandable

Everyone knows who I am on here and I'm happy to pass out my email too ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 09:30:10 pm
Understandable

Everyone knows who I am on here and I'm happy to pass out my email too ;)

And Twitter handle...and your blog...Not sure why you don't just change your screen name on here to your real name...lol

WPWells

There's no reason to keep secrets haha. I haven't given out my phone number like BUCK FEVER though!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on December 11, 2014, 09:25:46 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 09:01:22 pm

I've heard through the grapevine that this is Proud Buckaroo...But I'm not sure...

Nah. That's my cousin Lou.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 11, 2014, 09:32:48 pm
There's no reason to keep secrets haha. I haven't given out my phone number like BUCK FEVER though!

If anyone is wishing to prank call 12th Man, I'll now open the bidding for his Cell Number....Who's got the first bid?

***All proceeds will go to the adopt a broke college kid fund haha

WPWells

Dang I forgot you have my cell phone number!

Longfellow

I already have 12th Mans phone number. Just pm me with your best offer. Must be paid at the game tomorrow

WPWells

Adapted and Painted Fan have it too if you can convince them

DeeGee

Lol!
You all turned this into an auction! 
Too funny!

Proud Buckaroo

20 dollars... 20 dollars.... Anyone 21 dollars??? 20 dollars.. Going once... Going Twice... Sold to...... ???

adaptedtigerfan

I can't wait to meet gold45 too...   Maybe I can get in on that dinner with her and ChucktownTiger

hoghelmet14

I have Proud Bucks..... and Adapteds cell numbers.... any bids on those????

The Ole CHRISTmas fund could use a kick up.....

gold45

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on December 12, 2014, 07:14:11 am
I can't wait to meet gold45 too...   Maybe I can get in on that dinner with her and ChucktownTiger

I just got back from a week in Vegas, Adapted.  It's gonna take me a while to save back up to buy ChucktownTiger's dinner!

Lions84

Quote from: gold45 on December 11, 2014, 08:36:48 pm
Tis the eve before the 3A State Championship and I have to admit.  I'm bummed.  And not just because the Bearcat team that I love so much won't be playing.   I'm also bummed because another high school football season has come and gone.   I love spending Friday nights in a small town football stadium, standing in the warmth, rain, dry, or cold, cheering on my favorite players and team.  Finding something comparable to fill up Friday nights from mid December until early September isn't very easy (if even possible.)  This particular group of senior Bearcats are very special to me and I can't help but already feel nostalgic for getting to watch them play together under the bright lights at Bearcat Stadium.  There is just something about watching young players develop their talent through the skill of their coaches and then watch them use that talent unselfishly for the good of the whole.  I have never played a down of football in my life but, after watching both of my brothers play the game, I would imagine the lessons learned on the field, about sacrifice and teamwork, brotherhood and unity, are lessons we would all be better off learning during our teenage years.  The world would be a better place if more adults knew how to sacrifice and use their skills for the "we" instead of for the "me."   So to the players for Charleston and Smackover....I truly applaud you and all of your achievements.  No team makes it this far without being "The Real Deal."   But win or lose tomorrow night, all players from both teams will walk off that field a better individual just because of the experience and the lessons learned on the field. 
And one last thing........ Go Get'em Tigers!

I understand we didn't make the playoffs here in Texas after a 7 year streak.  I usually OK until the Super Bowl and I have FB withdrawals till the Spring Game. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas