• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Title Game: Chucks vs. Bucs

Started by Sick Dog, December 05, 2014, 09:28:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sick Dog

Sick Dog

Hope Smackover has a better game plan next week and don't ....... Well you all know

amehr36

I gotta go Charleston but I am pulling for Smackover. (I know I'm on the wrong board but so what)

Sick Dog

It don't matter. You are entitled to your opinion on any board.
Charleston 22
Smackover 12

Proud Buckaroo

Hootie

Hey proud buck and buck fever, this will be the only time I pull for you guys.. Go Bucks!!

WPWells

Hawgeye

December 05, 2014, 09:49:50 pm #8 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 09:51:23 pm by Hawgeye
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 05, 2014, 09:43:34 pm
Quote from: Hawgeye on December 05, 2014, 09:39:32 pm
Quote from: Sick Dog on December 05, 2014, 09:28:00 pm
Who is it gonna be?

Charleston 24
Smackover 19

Come on! Pull for the bucks!

Would love to see Smackover win. I just cant pick them to win after seeing the offensive coaching tonight online. Not getting the ball in 7 and 10s hands at least once a possession is quite mind boggling to me.

Those two need the ball in space. Make the defense respect those two and it opens up the running lanes up the middle for those stable of running backs.

Those Smackover coaches were making it way too hard tonight.

WPWells

By the way, that was a gut feeling prediction. More thoughts and analysis to come from 12th Man later in the week

Sick Dog

I don't have a dog in the fight so I will pull for whoever campaigns for me the most and I will cause the other grief

Hootie

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 05, 2014, 09:48:41 pm
Charleston by 14

Booneville gave the blue print to possibly beating Charleston.. Key word possibly... But Smackover has the talent to do it.. Gonna be a great game

Sick Dog

Maybe so but I assure they can't execute it as well as Booneville did.

Sick Dog

If Prescott was 3 TDs better than Booneville? Does that mean they would have gotten Charleston?

Hootie

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 05, 2014, 09:54:25 pm
Maybe so but I assure they can't execute it as well as Booneville did.

I beg to differ. All the more reason it will be a fantastic game

macadoshis

Razorback Red

I don't follow either team, but I'll go with CHS by 2 TD's.  TS didn't play his best tonight in the rivalry game and will prob come out firing next week. 

Smackover Fan

Smackover by 7 or so. Can't wait to see these two teams play!!!

Hootie

Smack will match up well with every player on the field except Storey... But honestly I don't think any coach or team could stop Storey right now

Wolfpack68

Chucktown 42
Buctown 40
MVP Ty Storey 34-37 379 yards 5 Tds one rushing TD.

Sick Dog

Neither team will give up that many points. Bold prediction there. I guess Prescott was a little better than we gave them credit for. Games tonight I am definitely convinced they are a top 3 team in 3A

Hawgeye

Two common opponents this season

Charleston 49 Lamar 28
Smackover 44 Lamar 8

Charleston 41 Fouke 14
Smackover 47 Fouke 13

Points Scored on Offense
Smackover 616
Charleston 585

Points Allowed on Defense
Smackover 165
Charleston 208

Hootie

Numbers aren't fair. The bottom half of the 6 is absolutely trash lol..

Proud Buckaroo

Numbers don't matter anymore. This is like a new season has begun! All that matters is who takes state. Go Bucks! Take state. It won't be easy but I know we can do it.

Hawgeye

Quote from: Hootie on December 05, 2014, 10:19:48 pm
Numbers aren't fair. The bottom half of the 6 is absolutely trash lol..

3A-4 on paper doesn't look much better. Charleston, Booneville, and Lamar. That's it.

3A in general isn't very competitive outside of Charleston, Smackover, Booneville, Prescott, and ECS overall.

WHITEchicken

You guys that are saying there was bad coaching... do yall really think that the field was good enough to throw the ball on? The coaches did a good job adjusting to the conditions...you probably thought the razorbacks should have aired it out more this year too....funny

BuckarooFire

Good luck to both teams. Wish them both the a game to remember  ... but ... you know it's all as alumni its all Buckaroo fire... buuuuuuuuurn it up!

Congratulations to the great seasons

Sick Dog

Yes I do. If they would have had any receivers and a good QB.
Didn't ECS throw the ball? And Aren't you all 80/20 run pass?

Hawgeye

Quote from: WHITEchicken on December 05, 2014, 10:30:53 pm
You guys that are saying there was bad coaching... do yall really think that the field was good enough to throw the ball on? The coaches did a good job adjusting to the conditions...you probably thought the razorbacks should have aired it out more this year too....funny

Nobody said Smackover should air it out, but you have two elite play makers on the outside. You figure a way to get them the ball.

The one short bubble screen type play Smackover finally ran, went for six to #7.

You don't have to air it out to get your two elite D1 prospects involved in the offense. Its not rocket surgery.

Maynard G Krebs

Picking Charleston, but Smackover wont make it too easy for them

RamAlum10

They tried to get it to them, but Clark was having a hard time throwing the ball. Regardless, handing the ball off to 7 is an okay idea, but to Jones, he's so fragile a vital part to the secondary. You want to utilize him, but be smart about it.

Quote from: Hawgeye on December 05, 2014, 09:49:50 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 05, 2014, 09:43:34 pm
Quote from: Hawgeye on December 05, 2014, 09:39:32 pm
Quote from: Sick Dog on December 05, 2014, 09:28:00 pm
Who is it gonna be?

Charleston 24
Smackover 19

Come on! Pull for the bucks!

Would love to see Smackover win. I just cant pick them to win after seeing the offensive coaching tonight online. Not getting the ball in 7 and 10s hands at least once a possession is quite mind boggling to me.

Those two need the ball in space. Make the defense respect those two and it opens up the running lanes up the middle for those stable of running backs.

Those Smackover coaches were making it way too hard tonight.

Sick Dog

I am afraid that if Charleston threw 3 picks and allowed several sack that the Bucs defense may be over whelming.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 05, 2014, 10:32:52 pm
Yes I do. If they would have had any receivers and a good QB.
Didn't ECS throw the ball? And Aren't you all 80/20 run pass?

Yeah. ECS threw the ball but do you know how many times their QB over thrown it? Neither team could get good passes off.

Sick Dog

I'm sure it was a factor. And I am aware that both teams played on same field. Congratulations Buckaroos. Good luck next week,

Smackover Fan

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 05, 2014, 10:38:50 pm
I'm sure it was a factor. And I am aware that both teams played on same field. Congratulations Buckaroos. Good luck next week,

Exactly. Smackover is run over pass, but our big plays generally come through the air. Hats off to Episcopal for playing as well given the circumstances, but they were both on the same field. I watched our boys get tackled for losses on plays that would go for 6 on a dry field. Same for episcopal. Wet or dry this would have been an exciting game. Go Bucks, and let's  hope for a beautiful day next week.

Justin Time

Quote from: Sick Dog on December 05, 2014, 10:13:08 pm
Neither team will give up that many points. Bold prediction there. I guess Prescott was a little better than we gave them credit for. Games tonight I am definitely convinced they are a top 3 team in 3A
This is an interesting statement. Would you mind to comment on how you arrived at your conclusion?

iliveformarch

WPWells

BUCK FEVER

My problem with the play calling was not so much the lack of throwing the ball( Logan was struggling ) with the wet ball..........But why run Purifoy to death ( he did a great job) and willie Manning gets one touch in the second half ?? ....this  type of game was made for Manning, heck it was so obvious everyone in the stadium knew purifoy was getting the ball, Dewayne Jones is strickly a sweep and cut kind of running back, he will get next to nothing up the middle and on that wet field Dewayne was toast................heck, run Manning a little, he is built like a train,.... it was his kind of game................I remember one touch in the second half for a first down...............that was not a typical performance by Smackover,, they are much better, they will need to show up next week.

RamAlum10

Smack showed up tonight, but when you're held to one demensional offensive attack, you're gonna look rough. It'd be like your boss taking you, and throwing you in a job where you were unfamiliar with the surroundings, so you just kind of did what you could to not get in trouble. Smack will prosper on the turf next week, as will Charelston. This game will be a lot cleaner and more organized than the Smack ECS game, or even the Chuck GR game from last year. I expect a lot of offense in the championship game. Yes, Smack has an exceptional secondary, but Ty isn't your typical 3A QB. He's an elite passer who knows how to get the ball to his guys. He's going to be bigger than almost everyone on Smack's D, but if they get to him and make him force some stuff, Smack has the secondary to make him pay. Just got to be smart. Easier said than done in high school football.

Proud Buckaroo

It's not going to be easy for either team to win this game. If Smackover plays smart, fundamental football. They can pull it out. Cut the silly mistakes out. Be disciplined, and get pressure on Ty. I know our defense can do it. I've seen them do it all season long. Good luck, Bucks! So proud of you.

panther86

Since my team played both "chucktown" an the "bucks" I'm going with the "bucks" by 10 will be a good game planning on being there

Wolfpack68

Thank you!!!! We just got a bad draw. But I have to admit. Booneville was an amazing team. They're losing a lot of great players this year. But once you think about it, everyone is. Charleston is losing the greatest QB that ever came through there, Booneville loses their backs, PTOWN loses some receivers, corners, running backs and 3 lineman. Smackover loses some but still has athletes. ECS is down to Nick Becton and Allie Freeman. Lol AND, Mtn View loses about 2,000 pounds worth of offensive lineman.

RamAlum10

December 05, 2014, 11:23:52 pm #43 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:25:56 pm by RamAlum10
 :( whoops double post

RamAlum10

Quote from: Wolfpack68 on December 05, 2014, 11:17:13 pm
Thank you!!!! We just got a bad draw. But I have to admit. Booneville was an amazing team. They're losing a lot of great players this year. But once you think about it, everyone is. Charleston is losing the greatest QB that ever came through there, Booneville loses their backs, PTOWN loses some receivers, corners, running backs and 3 lineman. Smackover loses some but still has athletes. ECS is down to Nick Becton and Allie Freeman. Lol AND, Mtn View loses about 2,000 pounds worth of offensive lineman.

That is a HUGE LOSS for Mtn View, pun intended

baseball2012

I believe Chuck wins this one going away 35-14. They will be the first team to mix the pass and run effectively against the bucks. Kendrick will have a solid gameplan that will stifle the bucks.

Big Red

Great High School Football games tonight!  Congrats to Booneville and Episcopal for great seasons.  The teams I thought would win did but Im surprised that Smack and ECS basically went down to the wire from what it sounds like.  I don't know how much field conditions affected the game but holding ECS to 12 is really good whatever the case.  However, scoring only 18 probably doesn't bode well for Smack going against what will be the best team they have played this year.  And it sounds like the Chucktown/Booneville game really could have gone either way also.  Good stuff.   I wouldn't have said this last week, but I think Chucktown wins this game going away now.   Charleston will be in full out assault mode for 4 quarters against Smack which they prob. haven't done but 4 or 5 times the last 2 years (not even in the state champ. game last year).   Chucktown 44 - Bucks - 20. 

AirWarren

Bring it home to south Arkansas bucks!!!

DeeGee

Congrats to both teams. Sounds like these two games would've been much better to watch than the 6A state game. It was terrible! I pray you all don't get the same refs. Absolutely terrible! I can't wait to come watch 2 very deserving teams battle it out next week! Good luck to you both. Stay healthy and stay safe in your travels.

Pastureboy21

I wouldn't base anything on either team from the games tonight. Personally I think the better coached team will win this one. Talent is about equal for both. If Smackover's passing game is good, they win this game. If Charleston plays good defense, they win. I think those are the two main factors for both to come away with the rings.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas