• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Coach Kendrick stay at charleston?

Started by Woopig75, November 24, 2014, 07:41:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Woopig75

Does he take a bigger job? Big schools will be calling!! Maybe some 7a?? I hope he stays

WPWells

KOJACK

Quote from: Woopig75 on November 24, 2014, 07:41:52 pm
Does he take a bigger job? Big schools will be calling!! Maybe some 7a?? I hope he stays
Yes they will come calling.

DogsWin7

Welcome to fearless!    Why is his opinion crap?    He just complimented your Coach 12th Man. 

adaptedtigerfan

That's 2 nights in a row this has been posted.

OLDSCHOOL82

Something touched a nerve and 12th mans identity crisis went away!

WPWells

Doesn't belong here until after the season. Kendrick is the Charleston coach until this season is over and discussing anything else is a distraction

Jimbo Morphis

adaptedtigerfan

OLDSCHOOL82

WPWells

If you don't think players read this board then you're sorely mistaken

DogsWin7

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 24, 2014, 07:44:53 pm
That's 2 nights in a row this has been posted.

I didn't realize.   But I don't think it is meant as an insult and besides, Coach L did go to Alma when offered.   Good Coaches are in demand in AR.....not saying Kendrick would leave but it's good that he is considered....IMO :)

WPWells

12th Man knows that it wasn't an insult, he just believes that it's inappropriate to talk about a coach leaving a school when said school is still alive in the playoffs

OLDSCHOOL82

Coach L tried several times to leave and finally landed one.

2010Tigerhaz-been

As a Charleston poster I can say that other Charleston posters are being awfully whiny tonight

elmerfudd

I heard his name come up in the discussions for the boys volleyball coach at the expanded Bentonville school

nastynice

He's a dang good coach. You'd be silly to think he would stay at Charleston very long. He may be like Coach Jones, win a title(or 2) then move on when your studs move on.

adaptedtigerfan

This one ain't near as bad as last nights thread

nastynice

Quote from: 2010Tigerhaz-been on November 24, 2014, 07:51:17 pm
As a Charleston poster I can say that other Charleston posters are being awfully whiny tonight
I concur!

DogsWin7

OLDSCHOOL82

BUCK FEVER

Quote from: Oldman on November 24, 2014, 07:45:32 pm
Heard he may go to smackover.

I think we have filled all the asst coaches jobs already.we do have a pretty hot PEE WEE program, they might could use a liittle extra help.

DogsWin7

adaptedtigerfan

DogsWin7

adaptedtigerfan

BAMA#16

That's coaching, when your in demand, plus bigger schools, that's the opportunity they are all looking for. Coach K has two solid classes coming up behind this one.

notsperry

The word here is he is the next Russellville coach, we welcome that

OLDSCHOOL82

Chucktown is a great second job for an aspiring coach.  I would bet the dc won't stay long either.  Why would you stay in 3A ball if you could spring board to the higher paying jobs.  Coach L was a diehard tiger and tried 3 or 4 times before he landed a bigger job.

Sick Dog

Who cares? Let me guess he is the greatest coach in Arkansas? Give any other team Ty Storey and their coach will be the best in the state also..

nastynice

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 24, 2014, 09:02:18 pm
Who cares? Let me guess he is the greatest coach in Arkansas? Give any other team Ty Storey and their coach will be the best in the state also..
Not true. Some coaches wouldn't use him correctly. If he were here at Booneville he would just be handing the ball off and playing D end.

DogsWin7

Quote from: notsperry on November 24, 2014, 08:27:54 pm
The word here is he is the next Russellville coach, we welcome that

I mentioned your post on the 6A board.....Russellville Head Coach thread.   

gold45

He has other "ties" to Charleston that may keep him as head coach rather than pursuing a more elite, higher paying coaching position.  He has a brilliant football mind.  Combine his and Stewart's offensive genius with Hobbs' and Meyers' defensive brilliance (and some athletes to coach), and you pretty much have the perfect combo for success. I personally hope he stays in Chucktown.

WPWells

adaptedtigerfan

Easy there Gold45 you may give your true identity away!!

nastynice

Quote from: gold45 on November 24, 2014, 10:20:58 pm
He has other "ties" to Charleston that may keep him as head coach rather than pursuing a more elite, higher paying coaching position.  He has a brilliant football mind.  Combine his and Stewart's offensive genius with Hobbs' and Meyers' defensive brilliance (and some athletes to coach), and you pretty much have the perfect combo for success. I personally hope he stays in Chucktown.
Thats all fine and dandy if you have no ambition. But rarely do you see a young coach with his talent stay at the same school very long. 
Charleston is a great job for a 3a school but call it like it is, it's still just a 3a school.
I may be wrong, he may not have any desires to persue higher paying or a more prestigious job.
This is some of the downside of winning. Coaches are always entertained by other opportunities.
Sometimes they leave, sometimes they stay.

BassMaster33

I heard he was coming to Fouke in 3 yrs!  Said he really likes the color Purple! But what do I know!? 

gold45

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 25, 2014, 04:47:10 am
Easy there Gold45 you may give your true identity away!!

Ha!  I didn't realize all my posts up until this one were so much more obscure.  Then again, up until a few hours ago you thought I was a "Him" so maybe I'm not near as transparent as I thought 8)

adaptedtigerfan

You just couldn't handle the pressure and had to start posting after reading so long huh???

Jimbo Morphis

man thats is a lot of genius and brilliance for one little 3a school. hard to find that many brilliant people in one room unless it's happy hour.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2014, 08:27:51 am
man thats is a lot of genius and brilliance for one little 3a school. hard to find that many brilliant people in one room unless it's happy hour.

Oldman, its chucktown, what do you expect.  Even their janitors are brilliant and mop better than any other janitor in the state!

gold45

Quote from: nastynice on November 25, 2014, 07:18:39 am
Thats all fine and dandy if you have no ambition. But rarely do you see a young coach with his talent stay at the same school very long. 
Charleston is a great job for a 3a school but call it like it is, it's still just a 3a school.
I may be wrong, he may not have any desires to persue higher paying or a more prestigious job.
This is some of the downside of winning. Coaches are always entertained by other opportunities.
Sometimes they leave, sometimes they stay.

I agree completely.  I just know he is a family man and those ties may keep him at Charleston longer, no matter how much ambition he has. 

adaptedtigerfan

Ambition....   Spanish word of the day "ambition"

My wife is always griping "ambition".

gold45

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 25, 2014, 08:28:56 am
Quote from: Oldman on November 25, 2014, 08:27:51 am

Oldman, its chucktown, what do you expect.  Even their janitors are brilliant and mop better than any other janitor in the state!

Yep.  Even their goal posts are better.  Especially the East one.

adaptedtigerfan

There will be lemonade down there for 10cents a cup friday night.,.  But I'm starting to lean more towards hot chocolate.

gold45

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on November 25, 2014, 08:16:23 am
You just couldn't handle the pressure and had to start posting after reading so long huh???

Just decided it was time to give the Bearcats another supporter on here.

adaptedtigerfan

Good thing...,   They need all the help they can get.   8)

Hootie

The pay increase from 3A football to 6A/7A football is a lot bigger than you think. Hard to turn down a 35% salary increase no matter the profession.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 24, 2014, 07:44:03 pm
Welcome to fearless!    Why is his opinion crap?    He just complimented your Coach 12th Man.
me thinks broken leg pain meds make 12th man kinda mean lol.

Runfastturnleft

Have had several conversations with Coach K.   He is a good coach and leader.   Sure,  he has been blessed with some great talent,  but he still is a good coach.   If a better opportunity for him and his family comes around,  I wish him the best of luck.   He should be successful no matter where he goes. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas