• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OBU at Tech

Started by Hogwild#9, October 25, 2013, 12:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild#9

Lionheart88

I'm going to try and make the game.  Tech has a nice stadium.  OBU should hammer them though.  Gotta bounce back from that last-minute loss to Harding last week.

Valleysports

When was the last time you've been on Tech Campus, Lionheart88?

Lionheart88

When OBU played football there in 2010.  I've driven past it once or twice since then, stopping in Russellville for food on my way to or from Fayetteville, but haven't set foot on campus since '10.

Valleysports

Take a little tour through campus and walk over to the baseball stadium, into the bleachers.  Pretty neat!

The_Pioneer

I plan on attending as well. 

Hogwild#9

It's homecoming, so it should be a pretty big crowd.

OPoraquê

October 26, 2013, 05:45:16 pm #7 Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:56:14 pm by OPoraquê
Ouachita Baptist 34-24

Your man Genz is amazing (pictured when he was (a QB?) at West Fork.  15 tackles vs. Ouachita Baptist; if he keeps this up he'll be NCAA All-American...maybe THIS year.

The_Pioneer

Well, it appears the Baptists Gone Wild cheated and scored too many points. 

Lionheart88

Let's not bring Baylor into this.  :P

whippersnapper

Genz wasn't a QB. He was a 3 year starter at fullback and middle linebacker. One of the classiest players you will ever meet. Doesn't show boat after a big play, in high school he would always help the opposing team up after tackling them. His sophomore and junior years in the playoffs he had over 20 tackles in both games.

OPoraquê

Quote from: whippersnapper on October 27, 2013, 08:28:42 pm
Genz wasn't a QB. He was a 3 year starter at fullback and middle linebacker. One of the classiest players you will ever meet. Doesn't show boat after a big play, in high school he would always help the opposing team up after tackling them. His sophomore and junior years in the playoffs he had over 20 tackles in both games.

Thanks for the correction.  EXCELLENT article in yesterday's paper about young Mr. Genz.  BTW, don't know if it will happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if in the next two years both an NCAA Division II OPOY (the QB at HSU) and DPOY (Genz) hail from the GAC and Arkansas colleges, if those two keep up and improve what they've been doing.  BTW, after 8 games as of this weekend HSU and Harding lead NCAA Division II in passing and rushing, respectively (with Lionheart88's Rex Nelson article posted today in mind).

whippersnapper

Do you have a link to the article? I would like to read it

Lionheart88

The state of Arkansas: the Alabama of Division II.  lol

OPoraquê

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 28, 2013, 12:57:31 pm
The state of Arkansas: the Alabama of Division II.  lol

Whippersnapper, here you go:  http://www.rexnelsonsouthernfried.com/?p=5204

It's strange.  It's almost like the uptick in competition, particularly from the Northwest part of Arkansas, hasn't done that much at the D I level (particularly at the U of A) but has really made some interesting things happen at the D II level.  (That being said, the HSU QB is from Texas.)

Lionheart88

I think he meant the article on Genz.

whippersnapper

Yes I did haha. But that is a very good article. I admire the passion of a college football fan. I do the same thing for high school football. You can always find me somewhere on Friday nights.

Valleysports

Why in the heck do you have a drum for you signature?

whippersnapper

Cause I played on the drumlins in school. Lol.

OPoraquê

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 28, 2013, 05:23:17 pm
I think he meant the article on Genz.

Doh.  Sorry...it's behind the Demo-Zette paywall, I'm sure.  It talked about his injuries his true frosh year and how he almost quit football, but he remembered all those folks who supported him back at W.F. and didn't want to disappoint them.  (As you said, classy young man).  Talked about when he set the GAC and Tech single game tackle record vs. UAM, and how he led the team in tackles both last year and this one.  His high school coach said it was great that Genz could hit the weights as in H.S. he went from football to bball to baseball.  (LOOK at that kid in the pic above...he almost looks freakish in that pic, and that's not meant as an insult.  If he's getting even stronger now...)  His coach said he'll be even better next year.

Tellin' ya, if he keeps getting better he'll be a candidate, and maybe recipient, of an NCAA DII Defensive POY award.  Leading your team in tackles all four years you play ain't easy to do, good team or mediocre.

Valleysports

I believe went he's a senior, he'll have a supporting cast!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas