• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jack Hinson's One Man War CW book

Started by Lions84, September 19, 2011, 12:58:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

Written by a Retired Marine Col.  this  is a riveting account of a man who wanted to be left alone but who turned into a Phantom of the woods sending dozens of men in blue to an early grave to avenge the deaths of his teenage sons.

http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Hinsons-One-Man-Civil-Sniper/dp/1589806409\

I bought it last April and I have read it through 4 times and loaned it out to a fellow teacher over the summer.

If you read only 1 CW book this year read this one.

Lions84

I just reread it.  I believe it is a great CW book that you should read.

Lions84

It has been on sale at Amazon.  Mr. Hinson teenaged sons were killed by Yankees and their severed heads set on the post of the gate to the Hinson Home.   Mr. Hinson comforts his wife and buries the boys and sets out to build a great rifle and set out on his personal war against the UNION.

Lions84

Lions84

As we are now in the 4th year of celebrating the 150 anniversary of the Civil War. This is one you should read.

minerjack

Quote from: Lions84 on October 25, 2013, 11:11:15 am
It has been on sale at Amazon.  Mr. Hinson teenaged sons were killed by Yankees and their severed heads set on the post of the gate to the Hinson Home.   Mr. Hinson comforts his wife and buries the boys and sets out to build a great rifle and set out on his personal war against the UNION.
Sounds like The Outlaw Josey Wales to me...

The Killer Angels is a GREAT CW read.  Historical novel about the battle of Gettysburg. 

Lions84

The End of the 150 anniversary of the CW ends this year 2015 ! If you not read this one do so.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas