• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saturday 4A Scores

Started by Brian G, March 07, 2014, 11:53:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pgfan2016

Come on now Hillbilly fans.  I know it sucks but don't lower yourself to the level of another town in our conference with excuses.  You guys are better than that. You'll be back again.

4AWhistler

No one is making any excuses for anything.  No one has said anything derogatory until just now.  No need to take jabs at others.

pgfan2016

Quote from: 4AWhistler on March 09, 2014, 06:49:54 pm
No one is making any excuses for anything.  No one has said anything derogatory until just now.  No need to take jabs at others.

I do not recall in above post saying your name or town.   :'( :'(  is your conscience bothering you

4AWhistler

Quote from: pgfan2016 on March 09, 2014, 07:00:58 pm
Quote from: 4AWhistler on March 09, 2014, 06:49:54 pm

I do not recall in above post saying your name or town.   :'( :'(  is your conscience bothering you
Nope, not in the least.

pgfan2016

Ozark has had an outstanding girls basketball tradition and I don't see that changing. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Its tough to lose this time of year by 1 or by 16 , but it is what it is .
Good luck to all the remaining teams!!

doober3

Quote from: WoodenFan on March 09, 2014, 02:59:35 pm
The fact is yes Ozark let a 14 point lead slip away.  The question is how did it slip away?  If you were at the game you saw that a big reason it got away was the multiple foul calls for "bumps", and "shooter initiated contact" that resulted in 22 free throw attempts by a single, very aggressive Valley player.  One State Newspaper referred to the game as a "tightly officiated contest".  The teams combined to shoot 54 free throws, 30 by Valley.  That in itself is hard to comprehend in the final 8 of the state tournament.  The same call that was ignored on the final play was called multiple times in favor of Valley which resulted in Valley making 11 of their 15 points in their 3rd quarter run from the free throw line.  The refs literally handcuffed the Ozark defense and "bailed" Valley out with free throws in that stretch.  On a final note, there was no pump fake on that final play and video does not show that. The player went up for a 3 point shot, received defensive contact and a foul should have been called.  That is the game the officials called all day as evidenced by the 54 free throw attempts.  To not make the call, because it is the end of the game is not a legitimate excuse.   Any fan, on any team, that is on the wrong end of this call would feel the same as this WoodenFan.  This quarterfinal contest did not determine the better team, but it did determine the better free throw shooting team on this day.  The fact remains one player deserved three more opportunities from the line on that final play, and I believe the officials know it too.
I was there and not a fan of either team.  WoodenFan nails it with this post.  What I saw in the second half was #50 for VV get bailed out time and time again with incredibly light "touch" fouls.  On the last shot of the game I was just about to enter the bathroom so I was behind the shot.  In live action, I was SHOCKED that no foul was called.  You have to think if you're VV that you just let her shoot that without contention.  Not much of a chance for that shot to go in at all...but the Ozark girl was certainly fouled and for some reason the officials swallowed their whistles at the end.  That was really the only inconsistently called game I saw this weekend.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas