• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4 Boys - Standings

Started by rheddhoss, October 18, 2013, 10:55:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimeCager

Gravette dismantled Pottsville last night 78 65 in the third place game at the Alma Airedale Tournament.  Game wasn't that close as Pottsville scored a few fast a furious baskets at the end as Gravette was trying to work the clock.  Pottsville led by 3 at halftime before Gravette went on a 9-0 run to open the second half and never looked back.  Gravette outscored Pottsville 23 to 9 in the 3Q to lead 49-38 after 3.  Gravette had a 20 point lead midway through the 4th quarter and coasted for the win.

OldTimeCager

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 12, 2013, 12:52:20 pm
I think that the conference champion will be either Pottsville or Subi. Subi is my pick to win state

I'm from the 1-4A area and watched Pottsville vs. Farmington and Gravette.  Pottsville clearly is not the team they were last year.  From watching early scores and seeing Pottsville and Subiaco I would predict:

1: Subiaco
2. Maumelle
3. Waldron
4. Pottsville

Don't know anything about Dardanelle.  Very impressed with Suby beating Rogers Heritage, Maumelle has great athletes, but questionable coaching, Waldron will always be tough with the big kid and they won the Berryville tourney.  Pottsville is above average - especially if you stop #5 from penetrating.  If he can't penetrate, they have very little offense.

WPWells

Very good assessment. I think that the game between Subi and Maumelle on the 10th will give us a very good idea about where this conference sits

hasbeen03

Quote from: OldTimeCager on December 31, 2013, 09:38:22 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 12, 2013, 12:52:20 pm
I think that the conference champion will be either Pottsville or Subi. Subi is my pick to win state

I'm from the 1-4A area and watched Pottsville vs. Farmington and Gravette.  Pottsville clearly is not the team they were last year.  From watching early scores and seeing Pottsville and Subiaco I would predict:

1: Subiaco
2. Maumelle
3. Waldron
4. Pottsville

Don't know anything about Dardanelle.  Very impressed with Suby beating Rogers Heritage, Maumelle has great athletes, but questionable coaching, Waldron will always be tough with the big kid and they won the Berryville tourney.  Pottsville is above average - especially if you stop #5 from penetrating.  If he can't penetrate, they have very little offense.

Haven't seen Waldron this year (know they have Ball) but from score comparison and watching Pottsville (knowing that they are going to get much better) I would flip Waldron/Pottsville and put Subi below Maumelle. I don't see Subi beating the athletes Maumelle has (although they'll be MUCH better coached) and I trust that Thurman will get the most out of his Pottsville team. They lost by 3 on the road at Maumelle and 4 at Subiaco, so they aren't far off. Top 3 of Maumelle/Subi/Pottsville will duke it out for the district, much like last year.

redfire75

There is so much to respond to in response to the last few post. Now my son plays for Maumelle, so of course I'm a little biased, but will try to do my best ;D
First of all, Maumelle has a Very Good Coach. Almost everyone on this site sells him way short. I will admit that he is young compared to some of the other coaches around the state and as all young coaches he will make some mistakes. He knows what he is doing, has solid play calling ability, and you can tell that he actually cares about his players which I can't say has always been the case for past coaches that I have known.
As far as conference standings, I have
1.maumelle
2.Subiaco Academy
3.Dardenelle
4. Pottsville
5. Waldron
Now 1  and 2 at this point in the season are interchangeable in my opinion, so Subi fans can relax. I strongly feel that subi and Maumelle are the top two in conference by far, way ahead of #3 in my opinion, and I had to put one ahead of the other, so since I'm from Maumelle, I placed them at 1. Both teams have played 5A to 7 A teams in non conference games to get better.
I placed Dardanelle at 3 because they beat Waldron head to head. Waldron is good, but good is 1 player, and without him, not so good.
I placed Pottsville at 4 because they won the state last year and have some good players.
Other conferences shouldn't look at either the subi/Pottsville game nor the Maumelle/Pottsville game and say "well we beat Pottsville by 10 and subi only won by 4 and Maumelle by 3 so we are going to beat that conference". I've watched Subi play 4 times this year and in my opinion, Subi played very poorly in that game compared to the other 3 I've watched. I think Subiaco academy should've won that game by double digits and will in the rematch. when Maumelle played Pottsville, the football Players( which make up over half the team) had just gotten defeated in the state football tourney, had practice for 3 days with the team, defeated Central Arkansas Christian on Thursday, then the winter weather hit and they were out of school until Tuesday when they played Pottsville and defeated them by 3. We are playing much better now that our football players have gotten some more practices and believe that we could beat Pottsville by double digits as well.
In short, despite Pottsville's defeats this past weekend, I strongly believe that this conference will again send 3 teams to state. I'd be truly shocked if Maumelle and Subiaco Academy didn't make the state tournament. I'm just waiting to see who the 3rd team may be.

WPWells

Great post redfire. There's only one slight thing I might change. I think this conference will for sure send three and could possibly sweep and send four representatives to state

HorseFeathers

Gonna sticky this...can we get updated conference standings for boys and girls?

redfire75

Here's the conference standings as I have them now for the boys. Again I am only including conference games and not the non conference schedule. Please feel free to update if I have missed any conference games. sometimes it is hard to track every game.

Wins    /   Losses
Maumelle                     3      /      0
Dardanelle                   1      /       0
Subiaco Academy         1      /       0
Dover                          0      /       0
Booneville                    0      /       0
Mena                           0      /       1
Waldron                       0      /       2
Pottsville                      0      /       2

If someone else can track the girls, that would be great!!

redfire75

there was one conference game last night I believe. Does anyone know who won between Dover and Dardanelle?

Littlejohnfan65

redfire75

Updated boys conference standings as of Thursday Jan 9, 2014
                              Wins    /   Losses
Maumelle                     3      /      0
Dardanelle                   2      /       0
Subiaco Academy         1      /       0
Dover                          0      /       1
Booneville                    0      /       0
Again these are conference games only.
Games that I am tracking for tomorrow are
Pottsville at Mena
Dardanelle at Boonville
Dover at Waldron
Maumelle at Subiaco Academy.
I will be at the Maumelle/Subiaco game and will provide the update. I would appreciate updates on the other games, so that I could update conference standings on Saturday. Thanks!Again I don't track Girls games, so if someone else could do that, it'd be great.

WPWells

I had planned to be at the Subiaco game as well but alas it turns out that I won't be able to make it

DogsWin7

Dover and Waldron game cancelled per twitter

redfire75

Maumelle Is down 15 to 6 at subiaco. Hard to defeat another team and the refs, but they are making it way to obvious. I think the refs may actually be on the payroll of the school the way thier acting

redfire75

Well it's hard when your playing against a team and three refs, halfway thru the 3rd subiaco was up by 11.  At the end of 3 maumelle38/ subiaco 38.  All tied up

redfire75

Maumelle defeated subiaco academy at subiaco 53 to 47. After seeing the way subiaco played  I wouldn't put them in my top 5 anymore.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Great win for the Hornets!  Subi is a tough place to play.

WPWells

Congratulations to Maumelle!! Even though I wasn't able to go I streamed some of the game. From what I saw I don't think that Maumelle was that much better than Subi so unless you say that Maumelle isn't a top 5 team I don't think you could say that Subi isn't a top 5 team. They looked very evenly matched to me

1-Adam-12

Booneville boys beat Dardanelle 48-39.  Dardy girls won by 15 or so.

redfire75

I would like to give a shout out to basketball 13 from one of his earlier post. You were right!! the Jazz band at Subiaco Academy is Awesome! Very well done!

redfire75

Updated boys conference standings as of Friday Jan 10, 2014
                              Wins    /   Losses
Maumelle                     4      /      0
Booneville                    1      /       0
Dardanelle                   2      /       1
Subiaco Academy         1      /       1
Since the dover/Waldron game got cancelled, I believe that the only game that I'm missing is the Pottsville/Mena game. If anyone knows the outcome of that game, an update would be great. Also I believe Subiaco announced last night that they were making up one of their missed conference games tonight, but I'm not completely sure. I was trying to watch the game and keep up with a 3 year old which isn't easy. If their is a makeup game, if someone could update us on the outcome, then that'd be great.

Basketball13

Quote from: redfire75 on January 11, 2014, 08:06:54 am
I would like to give a shout out to basketball 13 from one of his earlier post. You were right!! the Jazz band at Subiaco Academy is Awesome! Very well done!

Haha i was in it playing guitar for four years! It was my favorite part of attending school at the academy.

Basketball13

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on January 11, 2014, 06:39:02 am
Booneville boys beat Dardanelle 48-39.  Dardy girls won by 15 or so.

What'd you think of the boys game? Personally I thought Booneville did well under pressure when Dardanelle was biting at their heels.

hasbeen03

Quote from: redfire75 on January 11, 2014, 08:27:26 am
                              Wins    /   Losses
Since the dover/Waldron game got cancelled, I believe that the only game that I'm missing is the Pottsville/Mena game. If anyone knows the outcome of that game, an update would be great. Also I believe Subiaco announced last night that they were making up one of their missed conference games tonight, but I'm not completely sure. I was trying to watch the game and keep up with a 3 year old which isn't easy. If their is a makeup game, if someone could update us on the outcome, then that'd be great.

Pottsville boys beat Mena 59-40.

Basketball13

Quote from: hasbeen03 on January 11, 2014, 01:54:36 pm
                              Wins    /   Losses

If.the game is at Subi it will most likely be live streamed at http://www.ihigh.com/subiaco.

redfire75

Updated boys conference standings as of SAT Jan 11, 2014
                              Wins    /   Losses
Pottsville                      1      /       2
Mena                           0      /       2
updated to reflect the Pottsville/ Mena game from last night

redfire75

Quote from: Basketball13 on January 11, 2014, 01:58:25 pm
Quote from: hasbeen03 on January 11, 2014, 01:54:36 pm
                              Wins    /   Losses

If.the game is at Subi it will most likely be live streamed at http://www.ihigh.com/subiaco.
Thanks basketball 13. The makeup game for Subiaco tonight is against Dardanelle

redfire75

I couldn't find any live stream of the subiaco /Dardanelle makeup game tonight. Does anyone have an update?

WPWells

WPWells

Subi over Dardanelle by 16

redfire75

Wins    /   Losses
Subiaco Academy         2      /       1
Dardanelle                   2      /       2
updated to reflect the Subiaco/Dardanelle  game from tonight

1-Adam-12

I actually missed the Booneville/Dardy boys game (and I don't miss many Booneville games) because of illness.  From what I understand our sophomore post player had the game of his life scoring 23 points.  We had to have them because our 3-shooting apparently was off.

Mena comes to our house Tuesday.  Still no word on when Booneville's boys will make up the games they missed.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: redfire75 on January 11, 2014, 09:10:09 pm
                              Wins    /   Losses
Subiaco Academy         2      /       1
Dardanelle                   2      /       2
updated to reflect the Subiaco/Dardanelle  game from tonight

Girls? Just curious since of the 5 that are keeping their running standings, this is the only conference we don't have a girls standings for as well...

1-Adam-12

January 14, 2014, 12:16:38 am #133 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 12:27:23 am by 1-Adam-12
I will try to help some with the girls, but this is only scattered stuff I hear.  Conference games only.

Mena has from what I understand lost only once, to Pottsville.  Dover has beaten Booneville and Dardanelle that I know of. Booneville has not won one yet.  Dardanelle has taken Booneville and Waldron, while Waldron has beaten Booneville and Maumelle.  I have not gotten wind of a Pottsville loss yet.

Maybe others have more info.

redfire75

Sorry about the girls standings, but I've made it clear from the get go of posting the boys standings that I wouldn't be keeping up with the girls!
As for boys-tonight we have
Maumelle @ Dover
Booneville @Mena
Subiaco Academy @ Waldron
Dardanelle @Pottsville
I will provide the update to the Maumelle game. I know that 12th man will cover the Subi game. If I could get someone to post updates on the other 2 games tonight, that would be great.

Gray lizard

Didn't Dardanelle and Pottsville play Monday night.  I heard the girls game on the radio taking my boy to practice.

1-Adam-12

I've got Booneville-Mena covered.

redfire75

Maumelle boys are up 31 to 18 end of 1st qrt vs Dover at Dover.  Any other conference updates?

redfire75

Maumelle is up 53 to 30 over Dover at half

Cameron Crazies

redfire75

MaUmelle up 30 against Dover after 3

redfire75

hasbeen03

Pottsville boys 61-46 over Dardanelle.

1-Adam-12

January 14, 2014, 09:24:42 pm #143 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:28:07 pm by 1-Adam-12
Booneville knocks off Mena 57-41.  Cody Harrel 17 pts/23 rebounds.  He had as many rebs as the entire Mena team.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 14, 2014, 03:10:09 pm
Didn't Dardanelle and Pottsville play Monday night.  I heard the girls game on the radio taking my boy to practice.

In most cases the girls and boys games are split between Mon/Tue and Thurs/Fri.  Maumelle and the two games at end of season being exceptions.

redfire75

Updated boys conference standings as of Tuesday Jan 14th, 2014
                              Wins    /   Losses
Maumelle                     5      /      0
Booneville                    2      /       0
Subiaco Academy         3      /       1
Pottsville                      2      /       2
Dardanelle                   2      /       3
Dover                          0      /       2
Mena                           0      /       3
Waldron                       0      /       3
Again I'm only tracking boys conference games. Thank you to everyone that provided a game update tonight!

redfire75

Well we finally were able to dodge the Ice and the bad stuff and get some conference games played. After seeing some actual teams play head to head, I'm going to change my top 4 in the conference ratings. The only team that is leaving my top 4 is Dardanelle and Boonville is taking their place. right now I have
#1-Maumelle
#2- Subiaco Academy
#3 Booneville
#4 Pottsville

redfire75

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on January 14, 2014, 09:24:42 pm
Booneville knocks off Mena 57-41.  Cody Harrel 17 pts/23 rebounds.  He had as many rebs as the entire Mena team.
Sounds like he had a great game!!!!
To out rebound an entire team is awesome.
I wouldn't bet that he would be able to outrebound the entire Maumelle team come Friday though!

1-Adam-12

We will definitely have our hands full with Maumelle.  If we come out and don't let the Hornets control the tempo we'll have a shot.

I found out when Booneville's makeup games will be:

1/20 @ Waldron
2/1 @ Pottsville
2/8 Home vs. Dover, this will be a 1pm tip.

redfire75

Thanks 1 ADAM 12 for the make up game updates. if you could post the scores right after they happen, that would be great to help update the standings.  The games that I have for this Friday are
Maumelle VS Boonville
Subiaco Academy VS Dover
Waldron VS Pottsville
Dardanelle VS Mena
I'll update Maumelle/ Boonville from the game as I usually do. If I could get 3 others to update their games I would greatly appreciate it. It was nice to have all the scores Tuesday right after the games instead of having to research.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas