• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Boys

Started by Jimmy42, September 23, 2013, 11:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zioxx

October 09, 2013, 01:07:27 pm #50 Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:43:32 pm by Zioxx
Quote from: Cajun Hog on October 09, 2013, 12:53:46 pm
Quote from: Zioxx on October 09, 2013, 10:12:22 am
Quote from: B.G. on October 08, 2013, 10:58:34 am
Quote from: Perry Grove on September 30, 2013, 04:36:21 pm
Farm moving up a freshman?

Are they that desperate over there?  Lol

Care to explain?

He's not going anywhere....  ;D

Agreed, unless the aura of being in the 7-A is too much. He wouldn't play this year; Har-Ber is stacked to the teeth with talent and size, and it's so close to season, he'd see minimal JV time. Obviously, there's other factors that could leave to a move, but if all it is is for basketball, then, no, I don't see him going anywhere.
If Har-Ber doesn't steal him.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Zioxx on October 09, 2013, 01:07:27 pm

Care to explain?

Agreed, unless the aura of being in the 7-A is too much. He wouldn't play this year; Har-Ber is stacked to the teeth with talent and size, and it's so close to season, he'd see minimal JV time. Obviously, there's other factors that could leave to a move, but if all it is is for basketball, then, no, I don't see him going anywhere.

He's a 9th grader and not going anywhere.  The Bar-Ber coach can recruit all he wants, he won't be changing schools...

arballer

Who is this kid that they are moving up? He must be a heck of a player if he is going to contribute this year.
Care to explain?

Cajun Hog

With football half over, after tonight about 4 teams will start looking forward to hoops.  ;D

arballer

Quote from: Cajun Hog on October 11, 2013, 05:51:41 pm
With football half over, after tonight about 4 teams will start looking forward to hoops.  ;D
Unbelievable that this conference may have a team representing it in the  football playoffs with a 3 - 7 record. That is if everything plays out like it looks like it will.

Nip/Tusk

Cajun Hog

channing

Gravette and Lincoln will duke it out for champ.  Gravette is a big team this year,pierce kid is super and as long as he doesn't shoot 35 times a night they will be good.  9th grader from Farmington will help them from a big fall off from losing 7 from last year so they will be solid.  Watch Prairie Grove., lots of guards who can play, 6'5 senior who didn't play much last year due to religion that kept him from weekend games. Storlie is a beast in the paint, couple of X factors are 6'2 kid who transferred from Farmington last year,good talent but light hasn't clicked on yet, and should have some good bench. Gentry will be better, ozark down,pea ridge down.  Should be very competitive though

Cajun Hog

2 weeks from today hoops kick off.  I wouldn't judge some of the teams until football is over for 5 of them by the first week of December we will have better idea how it's going.

Nip/Tusk

Won't matter much for pg. They usually play half the season without footballers. Although they'll have some size to help, they'll spend the whole season trying to get into shape.
One of the pros and cons of having a great football program.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Perry Grove on October 26, 2013, 10:11:31 pm
Won't matter much for pg. They usually play half the season without footballers. Although they'll have some size to help, they'll spend the whole season trying to get into shape.
One of the pros and cons of having a great football program.

PG might be the only team to wait for the footballers, everyone else will have them tomorrow.  ;D

CoachS5055

Lincoln and Gravette return some talent, gotta have them at the top. I like Berryville too though. Senior Cody Powell returns to the cats averaging just under 30 pts a game last year.

BVCAT

Quote from: CoachS5055 on November 17, 2013, 09:12:01 pm
Lincoln and Gravette return some talent, gotta have them at the top. I like Berryville too though. Senior Cody Powell returns to the cats averaging just under 30 pts a game last year.
[/b]
Can you please explain what you mean by this?

replacementplaya

I don't remember Berryville having anyone averaging close to 30 points last year.  Berryville will be ok in this conference... but probably will be fighting for 4th unless they sneak up on someone

Cajun Hog

Quote from: replacementplaya on November 18, 2013, 02:11:47 pm
I don't remember Berryville having anyone averaging close to 30 points last year.  Berryville will be ok in this conference... but probably will be fighting for 4th unless they sneak up on someone

The Carr kid is the stud on Berryville team.. Who is Powell??

69chevelle

The Powell kid he is referring to didn't play most of last season due to a knee injury,and what he did play it was Jr Varsity. I will say he was playing some good ball till he got hurt. He didn't average 30 pts a game though.

Cajun Hog

Muldrow 43 -Farmington 42. Ugly game

Nip/Tusk

How good is Farmington, Cajun?

Cajun Hog

November 23, 2013, 11:08:25 pm #68 Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:41:15 pm by Cajun Hog
Quote from: Perry Grove on November 23, 2013, 11:05:08 pm

I think they will fine once conference play starts, breaking in 5 new starters. The footballers are trying to get into basketball shape. They will be in top half of conference play starts.

69chevelle

Berryville beat Ellkins Friday - 77 to 60

OldMule

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 23, 2013, 11:08:25 pm

I think they will fine once conference play starts, breaking in 5 new starters. The footballers are trying to get into basketball shape. They will be in top half of conference play starts.

Re: Farmington.  Having 8 seniors last year, with everyone else getting limited playing time, will really hurt the Farmington boys this year.  I look for Lincoln to win the conference.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: OldMule on November 24, 2013, 09:02:01 pm
Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 23, 2013, 11:08:25 pm

Re: Farmington.  Having 8 seniors last year, with everyone else getting limited playing time, will really hurt the Farmington boys this year.  I look for Lincoln to win the conference.

Lincoln, Gravette and don't sleep on PG this year are the favorites. 

Nip/Tusk

WPWells

How many starters does Lincoln have in football?

BossHogg10

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2013, 08:18:06 pm
3... What about charleston?

WPWells

BossHogg10

23 is a heck of a player..is he a junior?

WPWells

He and 00 are both juniors. They're the two that will start during the season

BossHogg10

November 25, 2013, 10:14:43 pm #78 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:23:25 pm by BossHogg10
12th man I know you are a big Lincoln critic..how did they look?

chucktownboys

Lincoln boys not very good, does that answer your question

WPWells

Well I don't know why you say that I'm a big Lincoln critic but I thought they looked pretty good. They can shoot but they're a little undersized but they play tough

BossHogg10

Quote from: chucktownboys on November 25, 2013, 10:18:11 pm
yes, yes it does

4AWhistler

Quote from: chucktownboys on November 25, 2013, 10:18:11 pm
So Charleston just lost to a bad team, huh?

chucktownboys

Yes to a bad 4a team with a 2 to 1 foul advantage playing against two starters and only won by 11, that is not a good team. Most flops I've ever witnessed, won't make it very far this season write that down, you want me to say your good then you are good

4AWhistler

Quote from: BossHogg10 on November 25, 2013, 08:53:56 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 25, 2013, 08:18:06 pm
3... What about charleston?
Lincoln has 4 still in football, one of which is their starting post player.

BossHogg10

November 25, 2013, 10:56:43 pm #85 Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:59:18 pm by BossHogg10
Quote from: chucktownboys on November 25, 2013, 10:49:49 pm
Yes to a bad 4a team with a 2 to 1 foul advantage playing against two starters and only won by 11, that is not a good team. Most flops I've ever witnessed, won't make it very far this season write that down, you want me to say your good then you are good
Lincoln had 2 starters too. Not flops, your boys were bigger and stronger and Lincoln was smart enough to take charges, but I will say that the last charge call was pretty bad.

69chevelle

Berryville over Green Forest - 73 to 36. most of the starters only played a half or so, I think carr had 21pts and was 6 of 7 from beyond the arc. and they played the whole bench the last half. Green Forest of course didn't have most of there starters since they are still in the playoffs. Berryville gets Marshall at home tomorrow.

Nip/Tusk

Pg boys beat Greenland by 45 last night.

channing

Greenland is pretty bad I assume,  PG look good ?  Who scored and stood out in the game ?

chucktownboys

Boss, Tigers must be the strongest team in the state or Lincoln is the weakest flopping at air coming at you, last call you thought was kinda bad was like the rest, your boys drove in ducked shoulders we didn't flop just played basketball, we'll only get stronger, good luck rest of year

replacementplaya

same old chucktown... Charleston loses and the excuses come pouring in.  not that I am surprised, it's the same way in every sport.  Always has, always will.  taking a charge is part of the game.  if your team isn't disciplined  enough to take one, that isn't Lincoln's or the official's fault. 

WPWells

Don't talk about the game unless you were there. Seven charges were called against Charleston. Three apiece on their two best players. Watch the film and tell me how many were legitimate. I thought two were and the other five were an absolute joke

chucktownboys

Lincoln will do well this year if they call flops every game, Charleston is used to playing physical basketball, Lincoln was doing same things and boys absorbed hits instead of hitting deck that's all, good luck rest of year

BossHogg10

8 chargers, one player took 7 of them. It's not our fault your players are too scared to take charges

Whenever you are up against a man that is bigger than you and stronger on the post, you do the smart thing and try to take a charge.

chucktownboys

Man enough to take a charge lol, that's what a lesser player does when he meets the man and wants a bailout, see what you want,  it won't help you down the road, good luck rest of year

WPWells

How many of those were actually charges? 2. The rest should have been blocks

channing

You guys need a hug!!! Don't know anything about the game in question but charges are part of the game, doesn't male you lesser of a man to take a charge, it actually makes you more fundamemtal. Now 8 charges in one game by one team does sound excessive

OldTimeCager

What was the final score of the Lincoln v Charleston Sr. Boys game?

WPWells

Lincoln won 46-35. Game is meaningless though considering neither team had their football players

replacementplaya

Quote from: chucktownboys on November 26, 2013, 09:41:38 am
Man enough to take a charge lol, that's what a lesser player does when he meets the man and wants a bailout, see what you want,  it won't help you down the road, good luck rest of year
wow, lesser player? really?  good fundamental defense includes being able to step over to stop penetration and take a charge.  whether it was or wasn't actually a charge isn't important.  If the official is going to call it, I applaud any player that is willing to sacrifice his body in effort of taking a charge.  If your player isn't coordinated enough to avoid contact, that isn't the defense's problem.  Defensively, you have to put yourself in position, it is up to the official to make the call.  Apparently you didn't like the way it was called... tough.  Not much you can do about that other than get on here and gripe about the officiating.  Which to the rest of us sounds like sour grapes.  You may now go back to the 3A boards and continue your whining ::)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas