• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Boys

Started by Jimmy42, September 23, 2013, 11:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy42

Give me your pre season rankings

1. Lincoln
2. Gravette
3. Farmington
4. Berryville
5. Pea Ridge
6. Ozark
7. Prairie Grove
8. Gentry

budman123

1.Gravette
2.Lincoln
3.Farmington
4 Prairie grove
5. Berryville
6.Gentry
7.Pearidge
8.Ozark                                                                                                                   

Cajun Hog

1. Gravette
2. Farmington
3. Prairie Grove
4. Lincoln
5. Berryville
6. Gentry
7. Ozark
8. Pea Ridge

Jimmy42

OldTimeCager

1. Lincoln
2. Farmington
3. Berryville
4. Prairie Grove
5. Gravette
6. Pea Ridge
7. Ozark
8. Gentry

Nip/Tusk

Gravette ain't finishing 5th unless the pierce kid graduated. I don't think he did though.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Perry Grove on September 25, 2013, 03:28:26 pm
Gravette ain't finishing 5th unless the pierce kid graduated. I don't think he did though.

He (Pierce) is very good, but he lost a bunch of players from LY that didn't get the credit they deserved. IMO  It will be hard to replace them and they didn't even win the league LY.
Not sure about 5th, but the league is down big time this year.

Jimmy42

Gravette is a good team but Lincoln has all 5 starters back including their bench...They'll be hard to stop this year considering how weak the league is this year.

BossHogg10

September 30, 2013, 11:00:00 am #8 Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 11:04:09 am by BossHogg10
Quote from: Cajun Hog on September 25, 2013, 08:03:18 am
1. Gravette
2. Farmington
3. Prairie Grove
4. Lincoln
5. Berryville
6. Gentry
7. Ozark
8. Pea Ridge
Cajun.. I would like to hear why you have Prarie grove and Farmington ahead of Lincoln

Cajun Hog

Quote from: BossHogg10 on September 30, 2013, 11:00:00 am
1. Gravette
2. Farmington
3. Prairie Grove
4. Lincoln
5. Berryville
6. Gentry
7. Ozark
8. Pea Ridge
Cajun.. I would like to hear why you have Prarie grove and Farmington ahead of Lincoln

Farmington is coaching mostly, with a wide-body post player. Farmington had a fairly good team LY, but coaching was the biggest difference in.

PG is a lot better then people give them credit for along with size in post and pretty good guards.

Lincoln return a lot of players and will be good, just not sold on the coach in tight games.

BossHogg10

Quote from: Cajun Hog on September 30, 2013, 11:32:22 am
1. Gravette
2. Farmington
3. Prairie Grove
4. Lincoln
5. Berryville
6. Gentry
7. Ozark
8. Pea Ridge

Farmington is coaching mostly, with a wide-body post player. Farmington had a fairly good team LY, but coaching was the biggest difference in.

PG is a lot better then people give them credit for along with size in post and pretty good guards.

Lincoln return a lot of players and will be good, just not sold on the coach in tight games.
Ok. That's fair to say.. How many does Farmington bring back?
But I still think even with Lincoln's coaching struggles.. They are a good enough team to beat prarie grove

Nip/Tusk

Lincoln beat pg both times last year, didnt they? 

Shouldn't be any reason they don't beat em again this year with what both teams have returning. But I'll still be pulling for the Tigers.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: BossHogg10 on September 30, 2013, 11:50:45 am
Quote from: Cajun Hog on September 30, 2013, 11:32:22 am
1. Gravette
2. Farmington
3. Prairie Grove
4. Lincoln
5. Berryville
6. Gentry
7. Ozark
8. Pea Ridge

Ok. That's fair to say.. How many does Farmington bring back?
But I still think even with Lincoln's coaching struggles.. They are a good enough team to beat prarie grove

No starters from LY and 3 that played a lot, plus 9th grader is being moved up.

Lincoln could beat PG it just projection by me and my track record not always good  ;D

Nip/Tusk

Farm moving up a freshman?

Are they that desperate over there?  Lol

Zioxx

How in the world do you guys have Gravette, a team who.lost like 6 seniors and barely even made it toto Regionals last year even in your top 4, much less top 2? I think Lincoln and Farmington are the clear favorites. Gravettes lucky to get 5th.

Nip/Tusk

What does farmington return?

Zioxx

Quote from: Perry Grove on September 30, 2013, 09:20:42 pm
What does farmington return?

One of the best JV teams, some move ins I believe, that freshman, and most importantly, one of the best coaches in the state.

Nip/Tusk

I'm ready to see how good their coach really is next year when they move up with the big boys.

It's easy to be good when you have more talent than anyone else in the conference.

Coaching is probly only 25% or less of it. Gotta have the players.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Perry Grove on October 01, 2013, 11:05:28 am

I'm ready to see how good their coach really is next year when they move up with the big boys.

It's easy to be good when you have more talent than anyone else in the conference.

Grove this isn't football and Thompson will be just fine in 5A.. I disagree with coaching is 25% in hoops, it's higher then that..  As you said farmington has talent and that won't change next year.

nwahooper

You guys are starting awful early. Can anyone actually give an educated breakdown on what the teams have returning in starters or who they had moving up from JV or bench last year. I saw numerous 1-4A games last year and know Berryville has 1 good guard back and that mountain of a kid.  Pierce Kid back with big post player. What about the other big kid that was on JV for Gravette? Farmington had a big football player and really good guard on JV and back up roles. PG played hard, but no size. Lincoln I hear everyone back, but how good are they? This is all I can remember about last year. Each of you break down what you think your team will have.

Hasbeen33PR

preseason picks with my take on coference and why

1)Gravette. starters 6'3 Pierce kid need i say more? just kidding! 6'6 post player who shouldve started 2nd half of season. 6'4 wing who played some and is progresing well. 6'3 guard coming off ACL. 6'0 guard hard worker . Bench has 2 or 3 kids that could play but need 2 to clearly emerge . maybe waiting on 1 or so from football but not critical.
2)Farmington lost a lot but had good JV, Big post player and very promising freshman (future stud ) good coach
3)Lincoln all starters and tall shooter off bench (how many football players especially if they make playoffs?
4)Gentry if Cousins comes from football healthy brings toughness to much improved team that will do better than expected
5)Prairie Grove just continue to produce athletes succes of football teams hinder basketball (SMALL SCHOOL SYNDROME)
6)Berryville Carr playing football , mountain man cant go long , tough year im afraid
7)Pea Ridge Davis kid small  can shoot new coach promising but it is his first year
8)Ozark coach is a good guy

arballer

I am with Nwahooper and would like each of you to give a rundown of the team that you follow and know well. It would be good to get the perspective of someone that actually knows each team and not someone that is predicting what the entire conference is going to do. Anyone up for this?

Jimmy42

1) Lincoln  All starters back 6'7 wing with great range off bench. Only team out of this conference to make it to state tournament. Bringing back all state post player.
2)Gravette Pierce is back which is a big plus. And the 6'6 post man. Played Maumelle pretty good in regionals
3)Farmington  Probably best coach in the conference. Not as good as last years team but will find a way to win with coach Thompson
4) Berryville  They've got big boy back and also the guard Carr back and he's a good scorer
5)Pea Ridge   Lost a lot of good players but they'll be decent
6)Ozark   Lost everybody except little red head and bringing up decent freshman class
7)Prairie Grove  Has Ty Tice and that's about it
8) Gentry   Sophomores will be good  just need more expirience

BossHogg10

Lincoln also gets Tyler Cummings back... They will probably go 7 maybe 8 deep... Other than that...Jimmy42 hit it right on the head

Nip/Tusk

I don't know all of pgs returning players, but the others have been pretty spot on from what I've seen.

For pg, Good guard play, not a lot size and they do play very hard. Not always smart, but effort is there. They'll be competitive in all the conference games I'd imagine. Just gotta find a way to start winning them.

I'd say farm, berry, Ozark and pg all have solid coaches.
Don't know too much about gentry, grav, linc and pr coaches. Still think some of you are giving to much credit to coaching. Gotta have those atheletes.

nwahooper

I saw Gravette play 3 games last year and from what I could find online they lost 4 starters from last years team that under achieved. Yes that 1 starter coming back is one of the best in NWA, but he can't do it by himself and they had no bench last year except the 1 post player. Not sold on them. Just like last year everyone is putting Gravette in the top 2. If the only reason they are in the top 2 is Pierce, it may be another average year.

nwahooper

My projection
1. Farmington
2. Lincoln
3. Gravette
4. Berryville
5. PG
6. Gentry
7. Pea Ridge
8. ozark

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Perry Grove on October 02, 2013, 07:20:25 pm
I don't know all of pgs returning players, but the others have been pretty spot on from what I've seen.

For pg, Good guard play, not a lot size and they do play very hard. Not always smart, but effort is there. They'll be competitive in all the conference games I'd imagine. Just gotta find a way to start winning them.

I'd say farm, berry, Ozark and pg all have solid coaches.
Don't know too much about gentry, grav, linc and pr coaches. Still think some of you are giving to much credit to coaching. Gotta have those atheletes.
Grove, not trying to pick at U but PG has 2 6'4 post player. That's good size in 4A. If Speed doesn't play that will hurt the guard spot, but they are my sleeper team that could cause havoc this year.

Nip/Tusk

No harm Cajun.

I'm not aware of the 6'4 guys. Hope they can play. Know anything about them?

Why is speed not playing?

Legend

Is Peters still at Gravette?

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Perry Grove on October 02, 2013, 10:14:01 pm
No harm Cajun.

I'm not aware of the 6'4 guys. Hope they can play. Know anything about them?

Why is speed not playing?

Rumor has (Speed) is going to focus on Baseball and is getting some looks from school.

The post can can play the soph is a BIG young man.

Cajun Hog

Nip/Tusk

Good news then on the posts.

Well I hate to see kids quit and focus on one sport. Especially at these small schools where all the sports need players.

If he's good enough to play college baseball, he'll get the chance regardless if he plays basketball or not.

Hondo13

Quote from: Jimmy42 on September 23, 2013, 11:09:00 pm

1. Gravette
2. Farmington
3. Berryville
4. Pea Ridge
5. Ozark
6. Prairie Grove
7. Gentry
Lincoln not even ranked

BossHogg10

Quote from: Hondo13 on October 03, 2013, 01:26:31 pm

1. Gravette
2. Farmington
3. Berryville
4. Pea Ridge
5. Ozark
6. Prairie Grove
7. Gentry
Lincoln not even ranked
They that bad?

Nip/Tusk

Hope old badger doesn't follow the basketball team like he does the football.

He'll get fired up over that omission

Jimmy42

That just makes perfect sense, the only team out of this conference to make it to state last year is returning ALL starters and they're gonna finish last....

Hondo13

Quote from: BossHogg10 on October 03, 2013, 02:14:11 pm
Quote from: Hondo13 on October 03, 2013, 01:26:31 pm

1. Gravette
2. Farmington
3. Berryville
4. Pea Ridge
5. Ozark
6. Prairie Grove
7. Gentry
Lincoln not even ranked
They that bad?
Yeah they suck real bad

Hondo13

Quote from: Jimmy42 on September 26, 2013, 08:54:29 am
Gravette is a good team but Lincoln has all 5 starters back including their bench...They'll be hard to stop this year considering how weak the league is this year.
Lincolns team over all on everything just suck

OldTimeCager

1. Lincoln - they return all starters from the only team in the conference that went to state.  Most balanced team in the league with no superstar.  Best bench in the league
2. Farmington - lost all starters except the post player, but they have the best JV team by far last year.  Rumors of move ins may help as well
3. Gravette - Pierce and Troutman.  Two of the top 5 players in the league.  No guard play.  Lost four starters.  Pierce may have to play point guard which will hinder his scoring (a little bit).  No bench.  Last year's Jr. high team finished 8th in the league so they get NO help from this year's sophomore class.  6-7 Jr. White could help if he develops.  Greenway is a 6-3 Sr. guard who returns from double ACL - big question mark.  If he is healthy and full speed, then he could solidify the guard play and will challenge Lincoln for the championship.
4. Berryville - Austin Carr is 2nd best player in the league.  Big man needs to improve to challenge for championship.  Lost all other starters I believe.  I think their JV team was decent.  Carroll county referees make them tough at home.
5. Gentry - this one depends on whether or not their best Jr. returns to the team.  Don't know the kid's name, but he was best player in the Jr. high division two years ago.  Heard rumors he moved away, then I heard he moved back.  Cousins is great athlete, but I don't know how good a ball player he is.  They will definitely be better than last year.
6. Prairie Grove - this is a tough one.  They have a lot of players, but they seemed to have turned into a FB school.  Good athletes, depth, but no BB skill players.  Could be better than 6th, but won't challenge for the championship.
7. Pea Ridge -  Sr.class is weak.  One decent player, but not very physical.
8. Ozark - it will be a long year for the Hillbillies.  The little readhead guard is quick and shoot a little, but too small for prime time.  No talent to go with him.

OldTimeCager

Quote from: Perry Grove on October 01, 2013, 11:05:28 am

Coaching is about 10% of the game.  You can't win without the players.  However, a really bad coach can screw a team up and become about 20% of the problem or the very best coaches can maybe push it to 15% factor. 

Hondo13

Quote from: OldTimeCager on October 04, 2013, 09:31:44 am
1. Lincoln - they return all starters from the only team in the conference that went to state.  Most balanced team in the league with no superstar.  Best bench in the league
2. Farmington - lost all starters except the post player, but they have the best JV team by far last year.  Rumors of move ins may help as well
3. Gravette - Pierce and Troutman.  Two of the top 5 players in the league.  No guard play.  Lost four starters.  Pierce may have to play point guard which will hinder his scoring (a little bit).  No bench.  Last year's Jr. high team finished 8th in the league so they get NO help from this year's sophomore class.  6-7 Jr. White could help if he develops.  Greenway is a 6-3 Sr. guard who returns from double ACL - big question mark.  If he is healthy and full speed, then he could solidify the guard play and will challenge Lincoln for the championship.
4. Berryville - Austin Carr is 2nd best player in the league.  Big man needs to improve to challenge for championship.  Lost all other starters I believe.  I think their JV team was decent.  Carroll county referees make them tough at home.
5. Gentry - this one depends on whether or not their best Jr. returns to the team.  Don't know the kid's name, but he was best player in the Jr. high division two years ago.  Heard rumors he moved away, then I heard he moved back.  Cousins is great athlete, but I don't know how good a ball player he is.  They will definitely be better than last year.
6. Prairie Grove - this is a tough one.  They have a lot of players, but they seemed to have turned into a FB school.  Good athletes, depth, but no BB skill players.  Could be better than 6th, but won't challenge for the championship.
8. Ozark - it will be a long year for the Hillbillies.  The little readhead guard is quick and shoot a little, but too small for prime time.  No talent to go with him.
Lincoln is the last one everytime they just suck Go Tigers

Hondo13

Lincoln is just one awful team all around I really hope the other teams woop them bad

Brian G

Quote from: Perry Grove on September 30, 2013, 04:36:21 pm

If Har-Ber doesn't steal him.

arballer

Quote from: Hondo13 on October 08, 2013, 09:03:08 am
Quote from: OldTimeCager on October 04, 2013, 09:31:44 am
Lincoln is the last one everytime they just suck Go Tigers
[/q

Jimmy41

Lincoln definitely goes undefeated this year. Such a weak conference. Prairie Grove is probably the lowest they have ever been. I mean they really are an embarrassment to that town. Just be looking for Gentry to be a top 3 team going deep in the playoffs.

Hondo13

Quote from: Jimmy41 on October 09, 2013, 08:37:13 am
Lincoln definitely goes undefeated this year. Such a weak conference. Prairie Grove is probably the lowest they have ever been. I mean they really are an embarrassment to that town. Just be looking for Gentry to be a top 3 team going deep in the playoffs.
I agree with Jimmy 41 Prairie Grove is pretty pathetic at Foot Ball, Baseball, Basketball well just about everything if yall are not in last place by the end of the year there was a mess up in the calculation. Hahhahahah The Tigers SUCK and I mean they SUCK badly maybe yall should just pull out from all sports and not do anything! That just mite be the next thing for you

Zioxx

Quote from: B.G. on October 08, 2013, 10:58:34 am

If Har-Ber doesn't steal him.

Care to explain?

Brian G

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Zioxx on October 09, 2013, 10:12:22 am
Quote from: B.G. on October 08, 2013, 10:58:34 am