• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Schedule of Finals : Boys and Girls : All classifications

Started by sevenof400, May 14, 2016, 05:56:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Note: this schedule is subject to change!

Friday, May 20th:
10:00 am  7A Girls
12:00 pm  7A Boys
  2:00 pm  6A Girls
  4:00 pm  6A Boys

Saturday, May 21st:
10:00 am  5A Girls
12:00 pm  5A Boys
  2:00 pm  4A Girls
  4:00 pm  4A Boys

Note: this schedule is subject to change!

All games to be played at the University of Arkansas, Razorback Field.

The Coach

chaoslord

Quote from: The Coach on May 14, 2016, 06:33:35 pm
4A and 6A games have been swapped I do believe

Siloam Springs athletics tweeted out that the finals for 6A are in the current 4A slot so I believe you are correct!

sevenof400

Note to all: I want to wait until we see something from AAA confirming any swap before I change the OP.

chaoslord

seven, AAA has made it official

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Soccer/2016/SO_StateFinalsSchedule_2016.pdf

7/6 on Friday, 5/4 on Saturday

So I know last year it was 10/12/2/4 on both days, but I feel like in the past Friday has had night games. Is my memory failing? I would bet almost anything that 2014 had a game Friday when it was dark/getting dark, so maybe a 6pm kick? Does anyone know why they moved away from that assuming my memory is right?

VHSCoach2

chaoslord,

You are correct.  Two years ago, the Friday matches started later in the day.  I think it was 12, 2, 4, 6?  It might have been 2, 4, 6, 8 even, but I do know it was later in the day.  Saturday has had the 10, 12, 2, 4 schedule for a while I do believe.

sevenof400

always88

Thank you for the updates! It seems every year that there are conflicts in scheduling at some point during the playoffs and finals due to graduation. If the schools would schedule their graduation ceremonies for Sunday, it seems to reason that the problem would fix itself. Just a thought!

beach bum

Quote from: always88 on May 18, 2016, 08:19:29 am
Thank you for the updates! It seems every year that there are conflicts in scheduling at some point during the playoffs and finals due to graduation. If the schools would schedule their graduation ceremonies for Sunday, it seems to reason that the problem would fix itself. Just a thought!

Some people might get in a hizzy because its a special day of the week to them.... I think that is why schools shy away from Sundays. But yes, putting it on a Sunday afternoon pretty much solves everything for even more than this conflict in schedule. I have never understood why school functions are so taboo on Sunday afternoons.

beach bum

Also, do these games usually end up slightly behind schedule sometimes for someone who has plenty of high school soccer watching experience.... I know in basketball if games are scheduled in tournaments they usually get slightly behind. However, soccer has the running clock so these I figure may pretty well stay on schedule?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: beach bum on May 18, 2016, 08:50:38 am
Also, do these games usually end up slightly behind schedule sometimes for someone who has plenty of high school soccer watching experience.... I know in basketball if games are scheduled in tournaments they usually get slightly behind. However, soccer has the running clock so these I figure may pretty well stay on schedule?

It all depends on any clock stoppages during the game for injuries or cards.  Also, any overtime periods or matches that go into kicks from the mark would push back the schedule a bit.

MB Hog

Quote from: beach bum on May 18, 2016, 08:47:10 am
Some people might get in a hizzy because its a special day of the week to them.... I think that is why schools shy away from Sundays. But yes, putting it on a Sunday afternoon pretty much solves everything for even more than this conflict in schedule. I have never understood why school functions are so taboo on Sunday afternoons.
Pulaski Academy has finally moved graduation to Sundays.  Definitely removed the stress for the Seniors (either racing back to make it to the ceremony or getting their diplomas on the field).  Although some of them thought it was pretty cool to have a mini-graduation ceremony (announcement, handshake, and diploma hand-off) at the game...

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 18, 2016, 09:03:38 am
It all depends on any clock stoppages during the game for injuries or cards.  Also, any overtime periods or matches that go into kicks from the mark would push back the schedule a bit.

Thank you very much!

VHSCoach2

Bentonville 3 (28', 71', 78'), Cabot 0 - final

VHSCoach2

Bentonville 2 (5', 24'), Springdale 0 - final

VHSCoach2

Siloam Springs 1 (64'), Russellville 0 - final

always88

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas