• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking ahead to the next reclassification cycle

Started by sevenof400, May 02, 2015, 10:30:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Yes, I know this year isn't even done yet but when it is, here is a topic to keep our interest in the off season.

QuoteRule 3.  CERTIFYING TEAMS TO STATE TOURNAMENT
6A and 5A will be combined into districts for regular season play.  Each district shall play a double round‐
robin schedule.  After district play, 6A and 5A teams will return to their conference to participate in a
conference tournament.  Coaches from each assigned conference will meet to seed teams in the con‐
ference tournament.  Upon completion of the conference tournament, the top four teams will qualify
for state tournaments.
7A and 4A shall determine the method of certifying the top four teams in each conference to the state
tournament.

Sir Alex

In theory, the decision by the AAA body, which are the schools, looks to work for volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball because of the number of teams participating.  In soccer it just doesn't make sense.  if there were 7 classes in soccer, I could understand doing it this way.  But here we are with four classes which to be honest is two too many.   The only classes affected by this new policy are the 6A and 5A.  If you have been around high school soccer  in Arkansas long enough you know that this was the way we had done it before but it affected everyone.  I am ok with the conference tournaments to determine who goes to state as long as the tournament is seeded correctly.  i am not so sure that the top two seeds should not get byes into th semi's and then let the bottom 6 hash it out to see who plays them.  I am sure that there are creative ways to make this happen.  My ears are open if someone else has a better suggestion.  Also, looking at the lay out of 6a and 5a, I am interested to see how they divide up the regions and if they keep them the same for all sports affected.  I guess we will know this summer.

MDXPHD

So what would the conferences look like? Anyone have an idea?

sevenof400

There is some speculation already occurring in this thread.  However, we will have to see how this plays out for soccer. 

MDXPHD

Thanks seven. I'm not sure how it will play out, but there will be a lot of complaining I bet.  At least Batesville will end up playing a few more difficult teams, especially if they get Vilonia, Searcy, Mt. Home, and Greenbrier in their district.  It could help them I think.

forumfan

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 02, 2015, 11:34:02 am
In theory, the decision by the AAA body, which are the schools, looks to work for volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball because of the number of teams participating.  In soccer it just doesn't make sense.  if there were 7 classes in soccer, I could understand doing it this way.  But here we are with four classes which to be honest is two too many.   The only classes affected by this new policy are the 6A and 5A.  If you have been around high school soccer  in Arkansas long enough you know that this was the way we had done it before but it affected everyone.  I am ok with the conference tournaments to determine who goes to state as long as the tournament is seeded correctly.  i am not so sure that the top two seeds should not get byes into th semi's and then let the bottom 6 hash it out to see who plays them.  I am sure that there are creative ways to make this happen.  My ears are open if someone else has a better suggestion.  Also, looking at the lay out of 6a and 5a, I am interested to see how they divide up the regions and if they keep them the same for all sports affected.  I guess we will know this summer.

Smaller schools might say there is one too few classes for soccer...

Sir Alex

Quote from: forumfan on May 20, 2015, 11:39:47 am
Quote from: Sir Alex on May 02, 2015, 11:34:02 am

Smaller schools might say there is one too few classes for soccer...

They may but let's face it, when you have classifications as few as 16 teams that is no good either.  The thing I do know is that as more teams add soccer the chance for more classifications will be greater.   What probably needs to be done  for time being is creating a top class with 24 teams, top 8 go to states, then combine the bottom of 6A, all of 5A and all true 4A's, then the last class be 3A and below.  If the AAA body looked at each individual sport and made decisions rather than a catch all for all sports a better solution would be found.   With the combo of the bottom 6A,5A and 4A you will still see some issues and complaining about having to play certain schools but at least soccer would not be as watered down as it is right now.  4 state champs for less than one hundred soccer playing schools, that is watered down. 

Go Postal

May 20, 2015, 11:27:26 pm #7 Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 11:29:18 pm by Go Postal
I haven't really updated myself on the new cycles yet, but one thing that I heard is Alma will be back in other sports and are probably starting a soccer program.  Also heard that Greenwood in all sports would might be back, not maybe this next cycle.  Any of this true?

Go Postal

A couple of things that I have always been impressed with 1A through 4A as a 4A soccer team...
1.  They started a Arkansas soccer team.
2.  They play the best that they can with what they got.  But they have now a Arkansas soccer team.

People seem to forget that in Arkansas, soccer is considered a new sport.  Officially recognized back in 1998.  Got our own forum on ff in '07(?).  New towns are joining this program yearly not just 4A, but other larger conferences teams as well.

beeroe

There are not enough conferences as it currently stands.

1. Many schools have a policy regarding playing games the day before testing days (EOC, PARC, AP, ACT... etc.. So in our school district this meant that we had 25 days that we could not schedule games for if we wanted to have full squads. Add in other scheduling issues like Prom, Wednesday nights etc... and it makes it difficult to schedule all of your conference games. This left us with around 18 days to try to schedule 10 conference games. This year the weather made it easy on us so very few games needed to be rescheduled.

2. The distances that have to be traveled are significant. Smaller, more localized conferences with a home and away series could cut this down significantly.

3. The larger conferences result in less meaningful games. Mid season teams know they have no chance for post season play. The only reason to play the game is blow the other teams seeding.

4. The larger conferences make it difficult for new schools to declare soccer. Again because the games lack meaning, travel distances, etc

5. Smaller conferences would allow teams to schedule more tournaments and non conference events which may allow for greater player development.

In the end I really wish that the conferences were not based on school size at all. Its not the best indicator. It should be based on historical performance. Several states are moving away from "school size" model to a hybrid of a promotion relegation type structure. It results in a more competitive and meaningful structure.  But alas, someone is already thinking, "AAA will never go for that".

arksoc

The promotion/relegation model definitely has appeal, but it's tough to make work in practice in a high school setting. Because there's no money involved, what's the motivation to get promoted? Winning is what it's about for high school...not player development (for the most part). Why would you want to move from a classification where you're a powerhouse to a classification where you're an "also ran" who never make the playoffs? Also, with high school, that strong team that won the past two state championships with that strong class just graduated them all and are now starting all sophomores after moving up in class. I just think there (overall) is too much variability in teams fro year to year in high school for it to work. Wish that wasn't the case, but that's how it looks to me.

Sir Alex

Quote from: beeroe on June 01, 2015, 12:27:31 am
There are not enough conferences as it currently stands.

1. Many schools have a policy regarding playing games the day before testing days (EOC, PARC, AP, ACT... etc.. So in our school district this meant that we had 25 days that we could not schedule games for if we wanted to have full squads. Add in other scheduling issues like Prom, Wednesday nights etc... and it makes it difficult to schedule all of your conference games. This left us with around 18 days to try to schedule 10 conference games. This year the weather made it easy on us so very few games needed to be rescheduled.

2. The distances that have to be traveled are significant. Smaller, more localized conferences with a home and away series could cut this down significantly.

3. The larger conferences result in less meaningful games. Mid season teams know they have no chance for post season play. The only reason to play the game is blow the other teams seeding.

4. The larger conferences make it difficult for new schools to declare soccer. Again because the games lack meaning, travel distances, etc

5. Smaller conferences would allow teams to schedule more tournaments and non conference events which may allow for greater player development.

In the end I really wish that the conferences were not based on school size at all. Its not the best indicator. It should be based on historical performance. Several states are moving away from "school size" model to a hybrid of a promotion relegation type structure. It results in a more competitive and meaningful structure.  But alas, someone is already thinking, "AAA will never go for that".

What states are moving to promotion/relegation?  I have researched it and have found no mention of it at all.

Two words sum it all up, Money & Travel.  Geographical isolation of talent pockets/ limited player pool to draw from, similar to the issues faced by club soccer.   

If we want to create better players it is going to require something that I don't believe can be accomplished.  Get rid of all electronic devices that would otherwise occupy a child's time, buy them a ball, encourage them to get out of the house and play with the neighbors.   That would be a start.  Raw skill created by many hours playing with a ball-notice I said playing not working.  It has got to be fun and has got to be their idea.  That worked for most of us over 40 that did not have cable television or video games or cell phones or computers...  May be time to start a new thread. 

beeroe

Quote from: Sir Alex on June 02, 2015, 07:06:08 amWhat states are moving to promotion/relegation?  I have researched it and have found no mention of it at all.

Indiana has a reclassification cycle every two years. It is based on a "Tournament Success Factor"

In Team Sports, Schools shall be subject to reclassification every Two (2) years on a sportby-sport
basis dependent on the School's previous tournament series success.
a. Schools shall earn the assigned point values for the final level of the tournament series
they achieve as follows:
(1.) Sectional Championship - One (1) point
(2.) Regional Championship - Two (2) points
(3.) Semi State Championship - Three (3) points
(4.) State Championship - Four (4) points
b. Upon the conclusion of a Two (2) year reclassification and realignment cycle, Schools in
Classes below the largest enrollment Class in a specific sport achieving Six (6) points or
greater due to tournament series success shall move up to the next largest enrollment
classification for the next Two (2) year reclassification and realignment cycle.
c. After participation in a larger enrollment classification for Two (2) years, a School achieving
a tournament series success point value of Three (3) points or below in a specific sport
shall be placed in the classification dictated by their enrollment for the next reclassification
and realignment cycle.
d. After participation in a larger enrollment classification for Two (2) years, a School achieving
a tournament series success point value of Four (4) or Five (5) points in a specific sport
shall remain in the same classification in that sport for the next Two(2) years.
e. After participation in a larger enrollment classification for Two (2) years, a School achieving
a tournament series success point value of Six (6) points or greater in a specific sport shall
Rule 2 - Classification of Schools
move up to the next largest enrollment classification for the next Two (2) year reclassification
and realignment cycle if their previous classification was below the largest enrollment Class
in that sport.

Oregon has a petition process which would allow non competitive teams to play down a conference if they are essentially in the bottom 50% of their conference for 3 years. They can also petition if they have greater than 75% of their school is on assisted lunch.

Colorado has a similar system.

Nebraska had Legislative Bill 1081 which was a similar point system as Indiana. Not sure if it passed.

MDXPHD

Quote from: beeroe on June 02, 2015, 01:53:50 pm
Quote from: Sir Alex on June 02, 2015, 07:06:08 amWhat states are moving to promotion/relegation?  I have researched it and have found no mention of it at all.

Indiana has a reclassification cycle every two years. It is based on a "Tournament Success Factor"

In Team Sports, Schools shall be subject to reclassification every Two (2) years on a sportby-sport
basis dependent on the School's previous tournament series success.
a. Schools shall earn the assigned point values for the final level of the tournament series
they achieve as follows:
(1.) Sectional Championship - One (1) point
(2.) Regional Championship - Two (2) points
(3.) Semi State Championship - Three (3) points
(4.) State Championship - Four (4) points
b. Upon the conclusion of a Two (2) year reclassification and realignment cycle, Schools in
Classes below the largest enrollment Class in a specific sport achieving Six (6) points or
greater due to tournament series success shall move up to the next largest enrollment
classification for the next Two (2) year reclassification and realignment cycle.
c. After participation in a larger enrollment classification for Two (2) years, a School achieving
a tournament series success point value of Three (3) points or below in a specific sport
shall be placed in the classification dictated by their enrollment for the next reclassification
and realignment cycle.
d. After participation in a larger enrollment classification for Two (2) years, a School achieving
a tournament series success point value of Four (4) or Five (5) points in a specific sport
shall remain in the same classification in that sport for the next Two(2) years.
e. After participation in a larger enrollment classification for Two (2) years, a School achieving
a tournament series success point value of Six (6) points or greater in a specific sport shall
Rule 2 - Classification of Schools
move up to the next largest enrollment classification for the next Two (2) year reclassification
and realignment cycle if their previous classification was below the largest enrollment Class
in that sport.

Oregon has a petition process which would allow non competitive teams to play down a conference if they are essentially in the bottom 50% of their conference for 3 years. They can also petition if they have greater than 75% of their school is on assisted lunch.

Colorado has a similar system.

Nebraska had Legislative Bill 1081 which was a similar point system as Indiana. Not sure if it passed.

And you think we should enact a system such as this in all sports or just a select few?

beeroe

I think that because of the awkward geography/topography our state we do need to find a better model than what we currently have. Perhaps just for the sports that have fewer schools competing in them. 

Especially in the 4a1. It currently has 11 teams in it. 5 of them are pretty much isolated because of the mountains. So if Danville and Eureka are playing it is a 4 hour drive, one way. This just does not make sense at all.

Additionally the conferences are not currently competitive. Yes there are some exceptions when a smaller school like Green Forrest or Danville are able make it to the state tournament but generally schools like Eureka, Bergman, Leadhill etc just get rolled over.

And then you have those schools in the 7a/6a which cant compete... West Memphis? A guy named "Down South" used to have a mathamatical ranking system for all teams in our state and had West Memphis ranked 78th in the state out of 89 teams! 
http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=127163.msg2751446#msg2751446

Some one earlier said why would you ever want to be promoted to a higher conference?... It does not matter what your team wants... Its about the rest of the conference.

Sir Alex

The sport by sport thought isn't a bad one.  I do not believe that will happen here.  Case in point is the tie breaking procedure.  I have heard of the possibility of a soccer coaches association being formed.  May be that will help transform the game a bit more in the future.   

I have watched high school soccer over the last 20 years make huge strides in our state.  I am looking forward to seeing how things go the next 20... 

MDXPHD

I guess I'm just confused about why we need to establish a system to allow the schools that aren't very good at soccer a chance to win some watered down state tournament.

Just to be clear, since West memphis is not very good, should they be playing the other teams that are ranked in the bottom twenty? And that should be their classification to give them a chance to win a phony state championship?

Lionheart88

I figure the kids on those bad teams would probably like to play in a league where they're competitive, instead of just getting kicked to pieces every game.  Even the teams killing them every time they play would probably rather play against some decent competition.  Having a game you go into knowing you're going to win big is boring, and not much more fun than going into a game where you know you're likely to get mercy ruled.  Competition brings out the best in everyone.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Lionheart88 on June 03, 2015, 10:38:20 am
I figure the kids on those bad teams would probably like to play in a league where they're competitive, instead of just getting kicked to pieces every game.  Even the teams killing them every time they play would probably rather play against some decent competition.  Having a game you go into knowing you're going to win big is boring, and not much more fun than going into a game where you know you're likely to get mercy ruled.  Competition brings out the best in everyone.

Isn't that what recreational leagues are for? Sports shouldn't be set up baby high school students who "want to win." Competition is great, but lowering the quality by telling teams "it's okay if you aren't good, we can put other terrible teams with you so you can feel like a winner, big guy" sends the wrong message.

If a program wants to be competitive, then they need to search for the right coach and get people involved in building that program; not just accept being bad and having the state cater to their needs.  Once a system like what is being discussed above is established, teams will get content with being awful because they will be "winning."

beeroe

Quote from: MDXPHD on June 03, 2015, 08:25:12 am
I guess I'm just confused about why we need to establish a system to allow the schools that aren't very good at soccer a chance to win some watered down state tournament.

Just to be clear, since West memphis is not very good, should they be playing the other teams that are ranked in the bottom twenty? And that should be their classification to give them a chance to win a phony state championship?

All of the state tournaments currently are watered down. If you look at the ranking system downsouth used to post you will see the best teams in the state are not currently competing for state. Make the 7A more competitive by removing West Memphis and Van Buren and then move some stronger teams in. Just look at the conference standings this year... Several were not competitive at all.

Heck we all know that a 4a state championship team could probably get beat by the second team of a 7A squad, so its watered down. But what validates a 4A teams championship status is the hard work required to qualify and play a season against other competitive teams. 

In the end its not all about winning a state championship. I know it seems cool and all. But more importantly high school athletics should exist along side of the academic process to prepare kids for life. There are some teenagers who struggle academically and this is where athletics can teach them incredible life skills. When the conferences are not competitive these opportunities are nearly lost. Imagine being the coach of West Memphis trying to teach their players the value of hard work and its pay offs...Only to get mercy ruled at the next game.... Meanwhile #10 on the other team got a watered down hat trick.  Lame.

beeroe

June 03, 2015, 11:52:09 am #20 Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 12:03:58 pm by beeroe
MDXPHD I just think you are seeing it all wrong.

Its not just about moving teams into a lower conference so they can win a state tournament. It is also about making sure that our highest levels really are the highest levels.

Additionally its not all about the high school coach.... Its is far more about the community. Communities with healthy recreational and club soccer have stronger high school programs. You simply cannot expect a high school coach to create a program like that. And recreational programs tend to be motivated by the perceived success of their high school teams. At the same time you cant expect a high school coach to coach up a 9th grader who never played rec soccer or club soccer and win a state championship in the 5a and above.

Man... in the end if we are going take what you are saying totally seriously then maybe we should not have conferences at all? Only one state championship. Get rid of 4a, 5a, and 6a, state tournaments all together... cause its clear they are already playing in "watered down" conferences. 

Quote from: MDXPHD on June 03, 2015, 11:38:53 am

Isn't that what recreational leagues are for? Sports shouldn't be set up baby high school students who "want to win." Competition is great, but lowering the quality by telling teams "it's okay if you aren't good, we can put other terrible teams with you so you can feel like a winner, big guy" sends the wrong message.

If a program wants to be competitive, then they need to search for the right coach and get people involved in building that program; not just accept being bad and having the state cater to their needs.  Once a system like what is being discussed above is established, teams will get content with being awful because they will be "winning."

Lionheart88

Quote from: MDXPHD on June 03, 2015, 11:38:53 am

It isn't about the lower end, it's about the upper end.  Get the best teams together in the best division.  That way our true quality teams can compete against good competition, not spend most of the year phoning it in against terrible opponents.  Competition promotes growth.  Having one or two teams that dominate each division does the opposite.  If we want to grow the sport in the state, we don't need it to be a foregone conclusion who's going to reach the semis every year and who will never make the playoffs.

MDXPHD

I can see that both of you are relying on a "highest level" theory, but that theory can't be met without making it certain that some teams will have a false sense of winning that I'm discussing. Let's say that I concede to that, saying it's worth that to get to the highest level.  So, implementing this system, how would it affect the travel? Also, what does it do to programs that are decent, but haven't had championship success; does it make them want to not excel or does it make them hold back slightly in order to win in the lesser quality classifications?

always88

Additionally its not all about the high school coach.... Its is far more about the community. Communities with healthy recreational and club soccer have stronger high school programs. You simply cannot expect a high school coach to create a program like that. And recreational programs tend to be motivated by the perceived success of their high school teams. At the same time you cant expect a high school coach to coach up a 9th grader who never played rec soccer or club soccer and win a state championship in the 5a and above.

The high schools at Siloam Springs- 6A and Gentry- 4A are only 4.75 miles apart. Both schools can attribute the success of their programs this year and recent years to an outstanding recreational soccer league that begins when kids are 4 years old and allows for boys and girls from surrounding communities (as many as 700+ kids per season on occasion) to play soccer during a spring and a fall season all the way to U17. This in turn leads some of the kids to club soccer, which all of this in turn has enriched both school programs. School coaches do deserve their credit, but so do all of the other parents and volunteers that prep these kids for their respective schools.

VHSCoach2

With the 2016 season winding down, let's give this a bump to the top to begin discussions for the new cycle/conferences as was suggested in another thread.

JMBknvc

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 02, 2015, 10:30:40 am
Yes, I know this year isn't even done yet but when it is, here is a topic to keep our interest in the off season.

Rule 3.  CERTIFYING TEAMS TO STATE TOURNAMENT
6A and 5A will be combined into districts for regular season play.  Each district shall play a double round‐robin schedule.  After district play, 6A and 5A teams will return to their conference to participate in a conference tournament.  Coaches from each assigned conference will meet to seed teams in the conference tournament.  Upon completion of the conference tournament, the top four teams will qualify for state tournaments.
7A and 4A shall determine the method of certifying the top four teams in each conference to the state tournament.

Has anyone heard how they are going to pick Conference Tournament locations or even if this is going to be applied to soccer?

Know this is being done to try and help reduce travel for some schools. However, not sure this is a good thing for any of the sports. Maybe 6A should just play the teams in their conference and stop mixing 6A with another division. That is what they are going to do for 7A. Then why not just make the 6A play in their conference? Instead of mixing 6A & 5A together during the regular season. Then have a Conference Tournament and then the State Tournament. Not sure how this is going to happen. Since, it seems hard enough to just get in the regular season matches before the end of the year.   

GobSoccerFan12

May 16, 2016, 08:56:34 am #26 Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 06:30:20 pm by GobSoccerFan12
5A/6A 1-
Alma (No Soccer)
Clarksville
Farmington (No Soccer)
Greenwood
Harrison
Russellville
Siloam Springs

This conference will be absolutely stacked next year. Harrison will be back to being competitive next year after we didn't reach the playoffs this season (we never stay down long), Clarksville will return a lot on a team that lost to 5A finalist VV 1-0 in the 2nd round, Greenwood reached the 6A semifinals this year, and Siloam and Russellville will play next weekend in the 6A finals. This will be a very competitive conference to watch over the couple years.

sevenof400

May 16, 2016, 11:35:01 am #27 Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 04:26:13 pm by sevenof400
Just to add to this, here is the entire 5A/6A list of combined classification disticts

Combined Classification Districts
5A & 6A
1                                         2
Alma (ns)                             Batesville
Clarksville                            Beebe
Farmington (ns)                    Greenbrier
Greenwood                           Morrilton
Harrison                               Mountain Home
Russellville                           Searcy
Siloam Springs                      Vilonia

3                                        4
Blytheville (ns)                      J.A. Fair
Forrest City (ns)                    Jacksonville
Greene County Tech               LR Christian
Jonesboro                             LR Hall
Marion                                 LR Parkview
Nettleton                              Maumelle
Paragould                             Pulaski Academy
Valley View                           Sylvan Hills
West Memphis                   
Wynne

5                                         6
Benton                                 Camden Fairview (ns)
LR McClellan                          DeQueen
LR Mills                                 El Dorado
Pine Bluff                              Hope
Sheridan                               Hot Springs
Watson Chapel (ns)                HS Lakeside
White Hall                             Lake Hamilton
                                            Magnolia (ns)
                                            Texarkana

Lionheart88

Magnolia and Texarkana are in the 6, not the 5.

sevenof400

Dang it - I thought I had that spaced correctly....it is now though.

Thanks, Liohneart88.

Buck183

May 16, 2016, 11:21:40 pm #30 Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 11:26:11 pm by Buck183
Quote from: GobSoccerFan12 on May 16, 2016, 08:56:34 am
5A/6A 1-
Alma (No Soccer)
Clarksville
Farmington (No Soccer)
Greenwood
Harrison
Russellville
Siloam Springs

This conference will be absolutely stacked next year. Harrison will be back to being competitive next year after we didn't reach the playoffs this season (we never stay down long), Clarksville will return 9 starters on a team that lost to 5A finalist VV 1-0 in the 2nd round, Greenwood reached the 6A semifinals this year, and Siloam and Russellville will play next weekend in the 6A finals. This will be a very competitive conference to watch over the couple years.

This is spot on with me in reference to conference strength.  You did leave some points out that add value to your post.  Harrison did in fact make the playoffs this year. Last I checked the  Harrison girls were playing in the championship game.  In addition to Greenwood boys making it to the semi this year the girls made it to the second round.  And BOTH Siloam and Russleville teams are playing in the 6A finals this year. 

We seem to forget that there are two genders representing these schools.

I think this conference has a lot of potential. 

Buck

Badger

May 17, 2016, 07:07:15 am #31 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:17:17 am by Badger
Quote from: Buck183 on May 16, 2016, 11:21:40 pm
This is spot on with me in reference to conference strength.  You did leave some points out that add value to your post.  Harrison did in fact make the playoffs this year. Last I checked the  Harrison girls were playing in the championship game.  In addition to Greenwood boys making it to the semi this year the girls made it to the second round.  And BOTH Siloam and Russleville teams are playing in the 6A finals this year. 

We seem to forget that there are two genders representing these schools.

I think this conference has a lot of potential. 

Buck

Nobody has forgotten about the girls.  It's just not everybody cares.  I just don't know who made you the gender police on this forum, nick-picking everyone's posts.  If GobSoccerFan12 wants to post about the boys, that's his/her prerogative, don't know why you feel the need to attempt to shame him/her for it.  Well, correction, I think I know why... 

Go Postal

The big question is, has Heck frozen over in Alma yet by starting their soccer program? I thought that they were due to the soccer lines on their new football field. Does anyone have the lowdown on this?

Badger

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 17, 2016, 08:10:49 am
Play nice.......

I really want to....really I do....but come on, it's incessant....what we tolerate, we encourage....but I'll try sevenof400  :-X

Buck183

Quote from: Badger on May 17, 2016, 07:07:15 am
Nobody has forgotten about the girls.  It's just not everybody cares.  I just don't know who made you the gender police on this forum, nick-picking everyone's posts.  If GobSoccerFan12 wants to post about the boys, that's his/her prerogative, don't know why you feel the need to attempt to shame him/her for it.  Well, correction, I think I know why...

I dropped it two days ago.  Edited my last post in reference to you due it being uncalled for.  I moved on.  Feel free to do the same.

I asked you a serious question about the success of your teams this weekend in another thread.  I was sincere in my question. 

Buck

MDXPHD

I can't seem to get away from liberal equality movements.

Badger

May 17, 2016, 10:45:40 am #37 Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:47:32 am by Badger
Quote from: Buck183 on May 17, 2016, 08:51:39 am
I dropped it two days ago.  Edited my last post in reference to you due it being uncalled for.  I moved on.  Feel free to do the same.

I asked you a serious question about the success of your teams this weekend in another thread.  I was sincere in my question. 

Buck

You haven't moved on, in fact, it appears you've found new victims.  When you start allowing us to post boys topics without the threat of being gender shamed, I'll move on.  Sorry, sevenof400, I'm struggling here.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Go Postal on May 17, 2016, 08:20:53 am
The big question is, has Heck frozen over in Alma yet by starting their soccer program? I thought that they were due to the soccer lines on their new football field. Does anyone have the lowdown on this?

Last I heard, about three weeks ago, it would be the next classification cycle (2018-2020) before soccer begins to have a discussion in Alma.

arksoccer20

I see our new districts, but what are the conferences that each school would go back to for the conference tournament?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: arksoccer20 on May 17, 2016, 12:26:58 pm
I see our new districts, but what are the conferences that each school would go back to for the conference tournament?

The football conferences. 

For example, after the district schedule is completed, Harrison, Maumelle, Clarksville, Vilonia, Greenbrier, and Morrilton will all join back together and play the 5A West Conference Tournament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas