• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick question.....

Started by SportsLover65, February 18, 2015, 08:35:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsLover65

How many schools deal with not having a true softball coach???

The reason I ask is because I over heard a couple of parents talking about a coach that works for a Texas school and I thought if Texas has this problem does arkansas too??

True Fan

I would say, the vast majority. Practically all of the lower classifications unless it's a registered volunteer.

Having said that, there are quite a few football/basketball coaches who really embrace their second sport and put as much or more into their programs than the dedicated coaches.

HorseFeathers

Hector's HC has always been an assistant Football Coach in the Fall...

SportsLover65

Quote from: True Fan on February 18, 2015, 11:04:08 pm
I would say, the vast majority. Practically all of the lower classifications unless it's a registered volunteer.

Having said that, there are quite a few football/basketball coaches who really embrace their second sport and put as much or more into their programs than the dedicated coaches.

So are there a lot of registered volunteers out there???

LowerAR

ElDorado has an assistant football/head softball coach, and I would say it is a problem. We have never won a conference; let alone a state championship in softball or even got close, yet in the last 6 years we have won 4 state championships and have been beat out twice in the state semifinals in football. I would not say that it is all his fault; and would even go as far to say given the circumstances we are lucky to have him, but you can't hide from those kind of stats. Success follows commitment, and ElDorado is committed to football not softball.       

pdj

Quote from: LowerAR on February 19, 2015, 08:42:06 am
Success follows commitment, and ElDorado is committed to football not softball.     

Lack of commitment by management, big problem for many programs.  The result is a lot of never developed talent and a DOA team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas