• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Preseason Top 3 in Each Classification

Started by Bearcatsofmena00, January 20, 2015, 09:43:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearcatsofmena00

Thoughts??

7A-Bentonville, North Little Rock, Har‐Ber
6A-Benton, Russellville, Marion
5A-White Hall, Vilonia, Greene Co. Tech
4A-Mena, Valley View, Brookland
3A-Bald Knob, Perryville, Harding Academy
2A-Foreman, Woodlawn, JC
1A-Scranton, Midland, Viola

SSHornetSB

SNWA

mack

Quote from: Bearcatsofmena00 on January 20, 2015, 09:43:14 am
Thoughts??

2A-Foreman, Woodlawn, JC

Only one correction.
7A- NLR, Bentonville, Har-Ber

3sportkid

Panthers44

Panthers44

Panthers44

LowerAR

In 6A, I would not put Marion in front of Sheridan. They have 2 returning Senior Pitchers that may be as good as anyone except Russellville's and that's if she is healthy. Also they have tons of young talent returning from a roster of more than 30 from last year. Marion played well last year in State, but to brake that top 3, they are going to have to step up big time.       

SNWA

Greenwood returns the whole team with two veteran pitchers. Should be much improved. 3 seniors have signed and several jrs getting offers and looks.

yahoo

LowerAR

Yea, this is when it gets fun, but after they start to play, the speculation hits the fan. I have no association with any of the teams mentioned, so anything I say can not be used against me. With that said, in my opinion and I have my reasons, to be on top in 6A, you have to beat Benton, Russellville, Sheridan.       

LowerAR

Oh, and 2A better lookout because Parkers Chapel will be greatly improved.

jlaw7390

Farmington has moved up to 5A West and should be a force. Six returning starters that have a chip on their shoulder after disappointing regional last year. The Lady Cardinals started a structured off season training program and the players have been working hard since August.

softballjunkie1985

In 7a I would say..NLR...Van Buren...Bentonville...3rd is close because a lot of teams have  flaws...Conway could  be there...Bryant...Harber...both Rogers schools.  The 7a west  should  be fun...not a dominate team..Harber with a really good pitcher but lost key seniors..Bville  lost the  best pitcher  but returns speed..Rogers has a really good  pitcher but lost a lot bats...Heritage  will be vastly improved  and never count out Shiree..terrific  coach  and a really good pitcher...should be a fun year!

yahoo

Cabot could be in the mix this year in 7A

mack

Quote from: 3sportkid on January 20, 2015, 01:43:45 pm
Had it right the first time Mack

Do I need to give you a history lesson about NLR softball........ I'll be glad to.  NLR softball is to NWA, pretty much the reverse of football. 

vhsladyeagles

Based on last year and the players coming back to the programs, I would say you are on target with the 5A.

White Hall has multiple signed or committed players including a D1 committed pitcher in junior Lauren Graves that was the pitcher in the state championship game last year  and Vilonia has the same with multipled signed or committed players with a junior pitcher Sydney Wader with multiple D1 and D2 offers who just hasn't committed yet.   Both teams very good hitting teams as well, and almost every girl on both teams plays high level competitive tournament ball. 

GCT has been very tough as well in the past couple of years but don't know much about what they have returning this year. 

Ready for Softball Season to Start !!!

ridgerunner14

January 23, 2015, 03:26:37 pm #18 Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 09:20:44 pm by ridgerunner14
m

leftymom

Ashdown made to the semis last year and has 8 returning starters in 4A.

3sportkid

Quote from: mack on January 23, 2015, 10:03:20 am

Do I need to give you a history lesson about NLR softball........ I'll be glad to.  NLR softball is to NWA, pretty much the reverse of football.

Painfully aware

watchemplay

Southside Bee Branch returns all starters except centerfield. Should be listed in the top somewhere in 1A.

1-Adam-12

January 25, 2015, 10:42:25 am #22 Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:44:44 am by 1-Adam-12
Booneville has nearly their whole team back from last season losing only two outfielders.  Two-time All-State pitcher and catcher, and they're still only juniors. Plus they get a quality pitcher back that missed last season. Have to be strongly considered in 3A.

mack

Quote from: 3sportkid on January 24, 2015, 02:32:10 pm

Painfully aware

;-)

I have to talk a little smack, after all I get smacked around each year during football season!  BTW, DD#2 is a first year assistant softball coach for her NLR alma mater.  Teaching English and coaching.  Dad is very proud.

BBRB

Quote from: yahoo on January 22, 2015, 12:28:39 pm
Cabot could be in the mix this year in 7A
Very True....They have improved EVERY DAY the Coach Cope has been there and have had a move-in or two that will that will make a big difference

BBRB

Quote from: vhsladyeagles on January 23, 2015, 12:00:12 pm
Based on last year and the players coming back to the programs, I would say you are on target with the 5A.

White Hall has multiple signed or committed players including a D1 committed pitcher in junior Lauren Graves that was the pitcher in the state championship game last year  and Vilonia has the same with multipled signed or committed players with a junior pitcher Sydney Wader with multiple D1 and D2 offers who just hasn't committed yet.   Both teams very good hitting teams as well, and almost every girl on both teams plays high level competitive tournament ball. 

GCT has been very tough as well in the past couple of years but don't know much about what they have returning this year. 

Ready for Softball Season to Start !!!
Pretty hard to imagine how Beebe and paragould didn't fit on anyones's list

vhsladyeagles

Beebe does have an amazing pitcher in Ellie Reaves.  Tulsa is very lucky to have her signed to play with them in college - but unfortunately the games I saw last year , she didn't have much help - both defensively and offensively.  Maybe they have some new girls to help out or hopefully the off season helped them as well.  Don't know what Paragould graduated, but yes, I would think they fit in the top 5 (and they may be better than GCT, I don't know...)

but based on the past few years, it would be hard to bet against White Hall or Vilonia as being the top two teams in the state in 5A... :)

Angels2

500 hitter

Paragould should be good. My question is , what does Vilonia have coming back. They are always in the mix, just don't remember how many returning starters they have on this years team.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Bearcatsofmena00 on January 20, 2015, 09:43:14 am
Thoughts??

2A-Foreman, Woodlawn, JC

I expect Marion to be very good this year as well.

MO3Positive

Clinton should be pretty strong for 4A for the next couple of years.  They return their entire varsity team from last year that won them a conference championship and will only lose two varsity players after this season. 

LowerAR

Quote from: 500 hitter on January 26, 2015, 11:21:07 am
Paragould should be good. My question is , what does Vilonia have coming back. They are always in the mix, just don't remember how many returning starters they have on this years team.
Well the thing with Vilonia is they have so many good players and they make them play through the system; that some of the young players that really never played may actually be better than the girls leaving. Just because a girl is a Junior and she has not started doesn't mean that she is not real good. Just something I've seen from them.   

birdman1981

Can you say 'DYNASTY' ? 

mack

Quote from: birdman1981 on February 02, 2015, 09:43:17 am

Can you say 'DYNASTY' ? 

Well,,, if not Dynasty, at the very least,,, Dallas.  :-)

3sportkid

Quote from: mack on January 26, 2015, 07:40:43 am

Painfully aware

;-)

I have to talk a little smack, after all I get smacked around each year during football season!  BTW, DD#2 is a first year assistant softball coach for her NLR alma mater.  Teaching English and coaching.  Dad is very proud.

that's awesome Mack, I am still holding out hope that mine reconsiders her degree and opts to coach.  Her season starts 2/13, hoping she gets on the field

mack

Quote from: 3sportkid on February 02, 2015, 09:01:30 pm
Quote from: mack on January 26, 2015, 07:40:43 am

Painfully aware

;-)

that's awesome Mack, I am still holding out hope that mine reconsiders her degree and opts to coach.  Her season starts 2/13, hoping she gets on the field

Ha,,, they need to listen to us and do what WE think is best for them.....

Doesn't quite work like that in real life  ....  LOL

Good luck to her!

chifan

February 04, 2015, 11:22:12 am #36 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:24:32 am by chifan
Quote from: vhsladyeagles on January 23, 2015, 12:00:12 pm

The 5A East will belong to Paragould this year, and they have more than enough to win it all, IMO.

Lionheart88

Goodness, you don't think highly of GCT's pitcher, do you?

Panthers44

Brookland will be down this year they lost all everything Jordan Maynard hard to replace a good pitcher and catcher that have played together for years!

whitefella1

In 6A there are 4-5 teams with a good chance to make at least the semis. Russellville, Greenwood, Marion, Benton, and Sheridan. I would slightly favor Russellville because of their dominant pitcher. You can make a case for each of these teams.

LowerAR

I agree, since we play in the south I am more familiar with those teams. My pick there would be Sheridan since they have 2 real good senior pitchers and tons of talent. I know nothing of the new coach, but if they come together; look out. Benton is young. I believe there pitchers will be 2 sophomores and maybe a freshman, but they are all good, and they have a great coach that does real well with young players. Spoke to a Russellville player the other day and she said the pitcher was well and doing good, and she felt that there team was better than last year. I don't get to see Greenwood or Marion much, although they both looked solid in the state tourney last year, but I thought that Marion's Pitcher was a senior last year, maybe not. They do get to host the 6A Tournament though, that should help them a lot, since from what we have heard there is only one Hotel in town and everyone else will have to drive in. I have never been off I-40, and into town, so I was wondering if this is true? No offense intended, but I wonder why or how that happened, and where are the people supposed to stay.  ???       

Lionheart88

Marion's right next to West Memphis.  There's plenty of hotels in the general area.

Sweet

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 17, 2015, 10:00:27 am
Marion's right next to West Memphis.  There's plenty of hotels in the general area.

Plenty of crime too.

LowerAR

Quote from: Sweet on February 18, 2015, 08:20:18 am

Plenty of crime too.
Well that should make ElDorado fill right at home.

maxswine

Quote from: LowerAR on February 19, 2015, 08:49:11 am
Quote from: Sweet on February 18, 2015, 08:20:18 am

Plenty of crime too.
Well that should make ElDorado fill right at home.

It's ridiculous that the softball and baseball tournaments in 6A are so far away.  Got spoiled last year being in the same town.  This year, Marion and Texarkana.  Geez.

LowerAR

Well unless your going to come play in El Dorado :D, I wish that all State games in both sports were played in and around Little Rock. I really don't mind driving that far, but any farther and it is tough, and that way you could be close to both sets of games. I know in regionals and districts it is a differant story, but for 6A and 7A it makes sense to me. I know for the people up in the north that the games in Fayetteville make everyone swoon, but I have never seen a finals game and probably will not unless we were to make it. I can't justify that drive and motel bill to see a game I have no tie to. I know, everyone come and play 2 years of finals in El Dorado; you know turn it up-side-down, then we will see how everyone likes the system. I know no one likes to come down here but hey, fair is fair. ;D ;D ;D           

Valleysports

March 04, 2015, 06:05:58 am #46 Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 05:08:15 pm by Valleysports
Fair?  This is about evolution of the sport, going to El Dorado is taking a step backazzwords.  I remember a few years back, when we couldn't get to the tournament because I-40 was flooded this side of Marion.  Good luck! 

LowerAR

Well I guess there would be something wrong if we played in paradise, but admittedly that is not El Dorado. We are not backwards; just down hill.  ;D   

chifan

March 25, 2015, 02:47:35 am #48 Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 07:25:13 am by chifan
nm

Razorhummer

Southside Batesville will surprise a lot of teams and possibly win the 2-4a. They are a very young team and are going to be tough to beat this season and the next seasons ahead.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas